Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan (1585 Views)

[VIDEO] I’ll Not On Speak On Buhari’s Government – Jonathan / Buhari Lied Against My Government, Jonathan Speaks In The US / 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by Babasessy(m): 5:37am On Jan 09, 2012
Boko Haram members have infiltrated government -Jonathan
From JULIANA TAIWO-OBALONYE, Abuja
Monday, January 09, 2011

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday at the inter-denominational service to mark the 2012 Armed Forces Remembrance Day at National Christian Center, Abuja said Boko Haram have infiltrated his government.
He said some of them belong to the executive, legislative and judiciary arms of government as well as the armed forces.

Jonathan who described the sect’s activities as worst than the Nigerian civil war, said the situation had made it more difficult to combat. According to him: “This is a particular time when the country has major security challenges. There are explosions everyday, people are dying and are being killed daily without any reason.

“It is a period we also call on the armed forces, including those that have retired to join hands with their colleagues that are still in service and government to see how collectively we can protect our nation.“I believe we will overcome our immediate challenges. The situation we have in our hands is even worse than the civil war. That we fought.

“During the civil war, we knew and we could even predict where the enemy was coming from, you can even know the route they are coming through, you can even know what calibre of weapon they will use and so on.
“But the challenge we have today is more complicated. I remember when I held a meeting with elders from the North East and some parts of the North West where the Boko Haram phenomenon is more prevalent; somebody said the situation is bad that even if one’s son is a member, one will not even know.“That means that if the person will plant a bomb behind your house, you won’t know.“Some of them are in the executive arm of government, some of them are in the legislative arm of government while some are even in the judiciary.

“Some are also in the armed forces, the police and other security agencies. Some continue to dip their hands and eat with you and you won’t even know the person who will point a gun at you or plant a bomb behind your house.
“That is how complex the situation is. Our security services are trying because as the President, I know what they are doing. Nigerians may not appreciate their efforts, especially when you know that we are underpoliced.  We have a police force that is about 300,000 in number.

“Countries that have the kind of challenge that we have today who have about 20 per cent of our population, have five times more than that number. That number would have been okay some years back but not definitely not the number that can cope with the security challenges we have now.“I assure Nigerians that we shall get over it. We are meeting everyday and we are planning.We are going to increase the strength and the capacity of the security services to confront the modern challenges we face.” 

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/jan/09/national-09-01-2012-010.html
Re: Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 09, 2012
Babasessy:

Boko Haram members have infiltrated government -Jonathan
From JULIANA TAIWO-OBALONYE, Abuja
Monday, January 09, 2011

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday at the inter-denominational service to mark the 2012 Armed Forces Remembrance Day at National Christian Center, Abuja said Boko Haram have infiltrated his government.

“That is how complex the situation is. Our security services are trying because as the President, I know what they are doing. Nigerians may not appreciate their efforts, especially when you know that we are underpoliced.  We have a police force that is about 300,000 in number.

Countries that have the kind of challenge that we have today who have about 20 per cent of our population, have five times more than that number. That number would have been okay some years back but not definitely not the number that can cope with the security challenges we have now.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/jan/09/national-09-01-2012-010.html

Can someone tell this buffoon that if we took $40million out of the $50million he intends to use to renovate his Wife's  (The ultimate Gbagaunizer) office---- an office thats not recognized by the constitution----- and added another N500million (from the N1billion he intends to use to eat Eba and drink 90% alcohol proof ogogoro) into the police force, that Nigeria will have a World class police force in no time?

Take another couple hundreds of millions from his utensils budget, his stationery budget, and at least $80million (from the $120million he wants to use to renovate the Vice President's Office) and Nigeria will be on her way to having one of the best, most professional, and most efficient Police Force the world has ever known!

This guy is a crook and clearly daft as hell and theres no reason why he should remain as President.
Re: Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 09, 2012
mAga presido
Re: Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by teaf: 7:25am On Jan 09, 2012
The f00l called Badluck should shut up. If Bokoharam is in your government, then go after them!
Re: Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by Osama10(m): 8:37am On Jan 09, 2012
Talking from both sides of his mouth again.
Re: Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by beafroast: 9:21am On Jan 09, 2012
mcheeew,
this presido sef.wetin him wan make we do nah,help am catch dem?!
Re: Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 09, 2012
I hope he wont tell us that sambo is also a boko haram since everybody is now a suspect to him .
Re: Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:54am On Jan 09, 2012
Mr. President does not know the difference between symmetrical and asymmetrical threats?
Re: Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by Gbawe: 10:01am On Jan 09, 2012
kingoflag:

Can someone tell this buffoon that if we took $40million out of the $50million he intends to use to renovate his Wife's  (The ultimate Gbagaunizer) office---- an office thats not recognized by the constitution----- and added another N500million (from the N1billion he intends to use to eat Eba and drink 90% alcohol proof ogogoro) into the police force, that Nigeria will have a World class police force in no time?

Take another couple hundreds of millions from his utensils budget, his stationery budget, and at least $80million (from the $120million he wants to use to renovate the Vice President's Office) and Nigeria will be on her way to having one of the best, most professional, and most efficient Police Force the world has ever known!

This guy is a crook and clearly daft as hell and theres no reason why he should remain as President.

This is the crux of the matter. His supporters are all personally dishonest also because they fail to acknowledge the many (too many to recall) actions of GEJ that only show a man devoid of integrity, uprightness and decency.

@Topic.

Is there no end to the divisiveness of this man? Every second he is whipping up primordial sentiments in Nigerians to mask his own ineptitude and lack of solutions. The man is just a decietful and self-serving zero very happy to polarise Nigerians for his vacuous ambition.

I distinctly remember GEJ pandering to ethnicity before the election via making a grovelling speech about ethnic persecution against him !!!! Virtually a year after that, he is still making excuses. At what stage will Nigerians agree that a President who spends his time providing excuses has no answers?
Re: Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by Lagosboy: 10:10am On Jan 09, 2012
Honestly, i have always known this guy as a dunce but his comments above is nauseating to say the least. How can a president be lamenting about problems in this manner when his job is to solve them. How can a president be lamenting about a lean police force when he should do something about it, half of nigerian policemen are attached to politicans and VIPs.

How can a president indict himself by saying boko haram members are in his govt, even if they were, it shows the level of intellect of this guy. They run your govt but you cannot weed them out, you are simply saying you are a failure.

Well, I have no atom of pity for Nigerians especially we southerners because you voted GEJ in. Let us forget election rigging in the north and falsification of votes in the SE/SS, GEJ won the elction in the south, yourbas voted for him. ACN tacitly supported him except for Rauf Aregbesola . As you lay your bed so you shall lie on it.

Come 2015, Nigerians will vote on ethino- religious line again!! Shior
Re: Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by beafroast: 10:47am On Jan 09, 2012
boko haram dey bomb places and kill people ,  oga jona deal with boko haram=ITIBORIBOH!
cabals dey chop subsidy money ,  oga jona deal with d cabals = ITIBORIBOH!
corruption dey for government  ,  oga jona deal with corruption in government = ITIBORIBOH!
me i dey ask,wetin don change for good since jona bcome presido? na still dsame tory we dey inside.how funny some people no wan look at issues from a logical and critical point. na follow follow jona because him come from SS. if u try to make ds same peopln to see things logically dem go say you be hausa or yoruba and you no like the person of jona. na ds kind tribal and religious sentiment keep 9ja like ds,everybody wan protect him own without looking at the larger community.
me i shake my head,
Re: Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by klarry79: 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2012
I thot gej has some education. Up to PHD as we are made to believe.
Even Abacha did not show this level of ineptitude.
I just can't understand that someone can show such a level of daftness.
I am still trying to fanthom how a president even if he were a puppet could show such low level of incompetence.

Mr. President please if there are cabals name ONE , just one
If there is boko haram in your govt: name One
If you cannot govern pls leave at least you have enuff to last you ten lifetimes
Right now you are president over nobody if you cannot show leadership
Re: Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by freshPikin: 11:26am On Jan 25, 2016
now we know
Re: Boko Haram Members Have Infiltrated Government -jonathan by Kyase(m): 11:36am On Jan 25, 2016
freshPikin:
now we know
Lol, you follow this topic carry am comith , its not fair ooo

(1) (Reply)

Good Governance Tour Plateau State Town hall meeting Live thread... / Nigerians Rate Nigeria Police Force Under Current IGP / Burial Date Of Olatunji Abimbola Okusanya & Olatunji Okusanya (jnr) Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.