Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,783 members, 7,817,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Nigerians Studying Abroad - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians Studying Abroad (1467 Views)

Experiences Of Nigerians Studying In UK (london) / Why Do Pple Think That Studying Abroad Is Easier / Nigerians Studying Abroad Better Than Foriegn Counterparts Academically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Studying Abroad by samix(m): 8:24pm On Oct 06, 2007
FELLOW NIGERIANS,
if u r presently studying abroad lets use this forum to share our experiences in our various schools and gist about the differences between our nigerian universities and that of overseas.
thanx
Re: Nigerians Studying Abroad by samix(m): 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2007
naija ninjas abroad lets share our view on the various universities we are attending, its gonna be fun gettin to everyone in this category
Re: Nigerians Studying Abroad by saokea(m): 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2007
What do you want us to talk about.The difference is clear.Everything here is organised.Education here is uncomparable with 9ja's own.We should pray that our governent does something about 9ja's ducation.By the way,what is good does not come cheap.UK Education is very expensive but you will get value for your money.
Re: Nigerians Studying Abroad by wed123(m): 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2007
I took an undergradute computer class back there and ended the class without even seeing a real computer. But my niece here uses computers and she's only in elementary school. That pretty much sums up the difference.
Re: Nigerians Studying Abroad by samix(m): 6:18pm On Oct 14, 2007
yeah we all know that the two educational systems are incomparable but nevertheless is it what all the money we are made to pay for it, because in my school you're xpected to do much of the work on your own though am a postgraduate student but i think the money we pay is just for the facilities and the certificate excluding the teachings u tend to get from a university in nigeria. Anyway the money is worth it if it will put you ahead of your colleagues back in nigeria init?
Re: Nigerians Studying Abroad by wed123(m): 9:14pm On Oct 14, 2007
samix:

yeah we all know that the two educational systems are incomparable but nevertheless is it what all the money we are made to pay for it, because in my school you're xpected to do much of the work on your own though am a postgraduate student but i think the money we pay is just for the facilities and the certificate excluding the teachings u tend to get from a university in nigeria. Anyway the money is worth it if it will put you ahead of your colleagues back in nigeria init?

Right on, Samix. The way I look at it is to consider the net present value of one's educational costs. And so if all my expenditures will guarantee that I stay right on top of the pack of my colleagues, then that's the way to go.

Frankly though, I believe the fees for international students is overpriced. Consider that intl. students have to pay any where from 4 to 10 times the fees payable by local students (for the same program).

My experience has been as good as can be: a right balance of high academic standards and a very conducive environment. The best of it all? - I got a good job even before I wrote my final exams as several companies constantly came to the school to hire new grads.

Would I pay for my education here if I had to? Of course. However, my opinion may not accurately reflect what other students here feel, because my situation is a bit different. I got a scholarship that covered just about all of my expenses.
Re: Nigerians Studying Abroad by kedge: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
STUDY ABROAD JUST GOT EASIER

With contacts in Uk, USA, Canada, Newzealand, Barcelona, Sweden, Geneva, Cyprus, Turkey, Malaysia, Dubai, Edinburgh, Dublin, and Mauritius, KEDGE CONSULTING makes admission process a lot easier.

For more information and free counseling contact KEDGE CONSULTING LIMITED on info@kedgeconsultingltd.com, Julius: 08174610296, Nkechi : 08174610298, Shola:08033608831 visit our website www.kedgeconsultingltd.com.

(1) (Reply)

Kwara Poly Post Jamb / Help: I Can't Pronounce The 'E' Vowel Sound / P.g.d Vs Post Hnd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.