Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:34 AM

Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu (9505 Views)

protesters Shut Down Onitsha And Asaba Today / Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta / Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by martinosi: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2012
IMF Head Christine Lagarde Told GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy!

Not a nice way to start the New Year in Nigeria -

Christine Lagarde [/b]the Head of the IMF pressurized President Johnathan Goodluck of Nigeria
and the Presidents of Guinea, Cameroon, Ghana and Chad to remove their fuel subsidies
so that the funds can be diverted to the Soveriegn Wealth Funds with the IMF/World Bank
told the countries to set up to be invested in Western Countries -

Nigerians are protesting on the street but the President Johnathan is just a puppet of
his mistress Christine Lagarde !!!

NIGERIA BEHOLD YOUR REAL LEADER -

Christine Lagarde

See us your Nigerian CBN Govornor & Other top Official are selling us Out!!!

Here is the proof of what is really happening and behind the riots
in Nigeria, Guinea, Cameroon, Ghana and Chad

[b]IMF Forces African Nations to Remove Fuel Subsidies

January, 1, 2012

NewsRescue- Joining Guinea, Cameroon, Ghana and Chad, Nigeria on New Years day removed fuel subsidies in accordance with an order from the IMF (International Monetary Fund). This created a jump in the price of automobile fuel from about 65 Naira per liter to 140Naira per liter overnight, Sunday. This brings fuel/gas prices in Nigeria to about the same price it is in the US, though lower than many European nations.

http://www.newsrescue.com/2012/01/imf-forces-african-nations-to-remove-fuel-subsidies/

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=28520

IMF Tells President Johnathan to divert Fuel Subsidy Fund to SWF!!!!
http://www.workersalternative.com/economy/118-ol
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by Beaf: 4:10pm On Jan 09, 2012
[size=21pt]Why the lies?
The SE/SS are laughing at you.[/size]
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by Gentleboby: 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
I am confused now, But Jonathan said if he could make it , We too can make it.

I beg we should not trust any one again.
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by dayokanu(m): 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2012
Hmmm Jonah
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2012
teaf:

This is Jonathan's doing. Killing the same people who took so much risk and voted him. Prosperity will judge this criminal and heartless animal ruling us/.
No way! this is the doing of the NLC/TUC and those sponsoring the protest.
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by Beaf: 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
^
The killing was done in Lagos anyway. I don't see what it has to do with Warri, except desperate people trying to whip up sentiment for their failed protest.
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by humblebee: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
Beaf:

^
The killing was done in Lagos anyway. I don't see what it has to do with Warri, except desperate people trying to whip up sentiment for their failed protest.
[/quote

wherever it was done, imagine if it was in your house that injustice was done, that's how to enact a good sense of judgement. i hate to read your comments. gosh
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by jason123: 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2012
Beaf:

^

And so?? Is he not human?? Was he not shot today by the police force for expressing his fundamental human right?
Beaf, ethnic sentiment will not work this time around, try something else!

See divide and rule, KMT!
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2012
It's kinda hard to find any light hearted side to this whole affair. Was watching a recorded version of last week fridays AIT news and there was a report on the on-going protests in Katsina, with the report showing an interview with a young angry angry looking protester. He cracked me up with his take on the whole situation: "It is the right of the common man to have subsidy in the puel. This puel is extracted from our own pathers land, so we deserve to have a subsidy in this country". Bless him grin.

The protests, which i noticed from the report had a large number of boys carrying placards and blocking major roads, looked quite rowdy and disorganized. And the reporters final statement was that "the arrival of security operatives led to the peaceful conclusion of the protests" ; And as he was saying this, they showed a scene of about four newly arrived policemen gathered round and beating seven bells out of one hapless mallam protester shocked. Peaceful conclusion indeed. Go figure.
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by Beaf: 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2012
jason123:

And so?? Is he not human?? Was he not shot today by the police force for expressing his fundamental human right?
Beaf, ethnic sentiment will not work this time around, try something else!

See divide and rule, KMT!

Abeg, you people go and die with your failed protest. When two or three engage in a walkabout these days, they call it "protest."
I have been saying it from the very beginning that the protest message is bebulous, aimless and directionless. Its all about how to shamelessly divide oil money.

The protests have failed, people have done their walkabout and gone home, planes are flying and landing, oil is pumping, there is electricity. All that is left now, is to tell more lies and spread more empty sentiments to nowhere.
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by blacksta(m): 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
Beaf

Why you deny the obvious - baffles me -

Anyway just to let you know - the protest is gradually turning into a ethnic war - Just as you have desired.

As you stated " if GEJ cant rule nigeria , the country must burn"
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by deols(f): 5:05pm On Jan 09, 2012
I hope people keep it calm. these killings are meant to incite outrage which would be worse for all. let no one oblige to that.
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by UyiIredia(m): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2012
LeoMax:

[size=15pt]Patrick Added another vocab today: CABALOCRACY !!![/size]

cheesy
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by hasyak(m): 5:52pm On Jan 09, 2012
every onlooker is either a coward or a traitor' - frantz fannon
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by jason123: 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
Beaf:

Abeg, you people go and die with your failed protest. When two or three engage in a walkabout these days, they call it "protest."
I have been saying it from the very beginning that the protest message is bebulous, aimless and directionless. Its all about how to shamelessly divide oil money.

The protests have failed, people have done their walkabout and gone home, planes are flying and landing, oil is pumping, there is electricity. All that is left now, is to tell more lies and spread more empty sentiments to nowhere.

How does protest against the removal of subsidy equate to the highlighted? Are you high?
Again, ethnic sentiment will not work. God bless O,B,A! According to Kpogede!
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by Beaf: 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
blacksta:

Beaf

Why you deny the obvious - baffles me -

Anyway just to let you know - the protest is gradually turning into a ethnic war - Just as you have desired.

As you stated " if GEJ cant rule nigeria , the country must burn"

Of course, when you launch an ethnic war, then we the victims will protect ourselves.

Is it not strange that there are no protests in the oil producing areas of the SE/SS?
Keep being baffled.
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by honeric01(m): 8:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
It has just been confirmed that Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola has called for the immediate arrest of the trigger happy cop who killed a Lagos protester this morning.

The state police command has subsequently arrested him and he has been handed over to the state CID. But let just hope that justice will be done! See the power of internet. Justice is all we need, let's put pressure on Lagos state govt #occupynigeria#
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by OmoTier1(m): 8:08pm On Jan 09, 2012
Beaf:

Of course, when you launch an ethnic war, then we the victims will protect ourselves.

Is it not strange that there are no protests in the oil producing areas of the SE/SS?
Keep being baffled.
Will you shut up and stop hiding in Lagos!,
Is Warri part of South South or not ?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/protesters-shut-down-warri-effurun-udu/

[size=30pt]SHAMELSS [/size]
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by Shinatu: 8:44pm On Jan 09, 2012
figment232:

@post

Pls you must stop spreading falshood,there is no iota of truth in your report.I stay in warri and i stand to state here that there was no single demostration against fuel subsidy in warri ,effurun or udu.What i observed is that most stores and locked,but the markets are open,people are going about freely without fear.Please retrack your story.

I did not see any demonstration too o! I wondered if there was another Warri somewhere when I read the article above.
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by Detongue: 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
Na lie, na d normal calmness naim dey warri.
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by Beaf: 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2012
Make una tell dem o! Na pipo for away come de tell us say we de riot for Warri?! Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! grin grin grin
--Please read the above with a Wafi accent! Lol!--
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by OmoTier1(m): 10:25pm On Jan 09, 2012
Detongue:

Na lie, na d normal calmness naim dey warri.
Quiet there! Is vanguard now living in US or UK Or is Channels also lying with their video clips?,

SS/SE no join protest my foot!
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 09, 2012
The only part of the country not protesting is the SE and it speaks volumes.
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by Beaf: 10:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Quiet there! Is vanguard now living in US or UK Or is Channels also lying with their video clips?,

You can buy space in the press to publish your lies, no be today and its what you are best known for. THE SS DID NOT AND WILL NOT join in your protest fuckry.

So from UK you are telling Warri guys that they demonstrated, even when they are telling you they did not?
Na wa o! You chop winsh? grin grin grin

[size=33pt]FAILURE![/size]
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by aljharem(m): 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

this people are deluded

even with pictures, they still would not believe it
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by efisher(m): 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
The people on ground have confirmed Warri was calm and peaceful. If at all there were any protests, it must have been peaceful. Besides, even if you announce today that people should come out and protest for FG to give them free husbands and wives, some dumbasses will show up! What's d big deal. Truth is the pattern of protests speaks volumes.

North: Full blown protests in key areas
Edo: Subsidy protest turned anti-muslim protest
Bayelsa: People praying for the success of the policy!
Other SS: People going about normal duties.
SE: All man for himself. Time is money, why waste it on a futile venture?
Lagos: Full blown / Violent protests (Everyday na protest for Lagos b4)
Other SW: Peaceful protests.
Etc
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by biometrics: 9:32am On Jan 10, 2012
[size=18pt]Na wa o[/size]
Re: Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu by Detongue: 11:41pm On Jan 16, 2012
Na wa 4 lie lie ppl, i beg make una nor leave us alone. We jump una pass

(1) (2) (Reply)

FCT Court Did Not Sack Sheriff – Oladipo / Buhari: Success Of Anambra Election Means 2023 Polls Not In Danger / After Osun, Opposition Parties Will Go Into 2023 Elections With High Hopes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.