Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG (29075 Views)

Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself / Nnamdi Kanu Charged With Treasonable Felony By FG / b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Beaf: 5:25pm On Jan 09, 2012
[size=33pt]Fresh Air!!!
Go GEJ! You is da man!![/size]
cool cool cool

Progress is what we voted for, and progress we are getting.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by seunlayi(m): 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2012
good move. I am still expecting more, let the protest continues probably by 2moro, the expenses of the national assembly and the presidency will be further slashed.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by mykali(m): 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2012
[
Repubocrat:

Well said. There are three questions that I have after reading that article?
1. What exactly are the domain names of these succeeding companies
2. Are they still government owned? I think so because the article didn't say jack about private companies.
3. Why the heck do they need to absorb the incompetent bas.tards that previously worked for PHCN?

SERIOUSLY!!!
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 09, 2012
At last! I hope the final unbundling of PHCN is for real with this.

Its long overdue!

Do we have enough vacancies in other sectors to absorb the workers that will eventually lose their jobs?.

Anyway its a move in the right direction.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by netotse(m): 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2012
blacksta:

Just what i stated earlier - Many here behave like they lack formal education.  

what is the name of the transition company  - where is their struture.

I guess  it is another one of those "  23 licences given to refinery operators"

as far back as 2007, OBJ wanted to name James Olotu (he's the present head of NIPP) as the CEO of NELMCO but the PHCN union no gree, govt has been trying to privatise the sucessor companies but union no dey gree make the posible investors visit the site to inspect the stations, how do you expect govt to achieve anything meannigful if the workers are trying to sabotage them at every turn?

All the successor companies have CEOs (which could of course change when they're sold).

BTW, the MD of NELMCO is Dr. Sam Agbogun(I only know his name,  I dont know his gist)
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by TomFord: 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2012
@leomax,regarding my earlier post and your reply,you know this how?you were a bit evasive
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
dbride:

LeoMax, how deep are you? You wonder why I asked this question. Sometimes you are at the border treading softly, neither here nor there, other times you jump in so elated but lacking of any deep consideration. So I ask again why would Jonathan budget 145million to maintain generating set in the villa if he already knew he would scrap PHCN? Or he does not have confidence in PHCN's replacement?
Am not deep, I am an unbiased compatriot that call a spade a spade. If GEJ goes wrong, I am the first ti criticise, its why you say I waiver. I can see black and call it while, its why we are here and not to be tribal, religious or silly.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by dbride: 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2012
@A-Zed thank u for talking to LeoMax; he is not a deep thinker at all. I have asked him one question three times, but he has not been able to answer. Maybe too he wants to think deeper now, but I am waiting patiently.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by gbokukueba(m): 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2012
Enough of gibberish how does this translate to me NEVER using generator again starting from tomorrow cool
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2012
dbride:

@A-Zed thank u for talking to LeoMax; he is not a deep thinker at all. I have asked him one question three times, but he has not been able to answer. Maybe too he wants to think deeper now, but I am waiting patiently.
I responded, so many threads there. You may have over-looked due to flood of gibberish
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by ektbear: 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2012
blacksta:

Just what i stated earlier - Many here behave like they lack formal education.  

what is the name of the transition company  - where is their struture.

I guess  it is another one of those "  23 licences given to refinery operators"

Yeah it is pretty much useless.

Call me when the companies get privatized.

This doesn't matter
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Beaf: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
Muk una dance e!
PHCN has been buried!

Enjoy di fideo jare! grin grin grin grin

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmCju71Lcg[/flash]
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by blacksta(m): 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2012
Beaf:

Muk una dance e!
PHCN has been buried!

Lol

I have danced the last time OBj buried NEPA - till today i am still dancing in darkness

let me guess the name of new company

NDEC
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by dbride: 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2012
LeoMax, thank u but you have chosen to answer my last question and failed to attend my my first and more important question. Why would Jonathan budget 145 million to maintain his generating set if he had plans to scrap PHCN today. Does he not have confidence in its replacement? My brother, u are not biased, I believe you but please answer me, Jonathan's actions bother me so much! Thank you for your civility.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
Beaf:

Muk una dance e!
PHCN has been buried!

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmCju71Lcg[/flash]

we are dancing, because nigerians and the world all see your master for what he is, an incompetent , insensitive, lying drunken fool, and no amount of pathetic palliatives will change that  smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by ak47mann(m): 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
good move smiley smiley
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Beaf: 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
k2kay: U Can't have [size=33pt]choosed [/size] a better word    

Agbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Choi! Ogini di?
The official wounding of Engggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrissssssssssss!

In short, NEPA have seizing light o!!!

Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Reference(m): 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
Historical milestone no doubt but I only hope this is just a first step towards full liberalization of the industry. The 18 companies remain a monopoly within their markets and this is not good particularly when their composition isn't exactly known.

The model implemented by the government though desirable isn't as clean as that of the telecos and can stunt proper growth going forward however I don't blame government in this. The difference is that while NITEL was more or less dead on arrival, PHCN had been kept on life support making replacement clumsy, costly, indecisive and unattractive. The condition and terms on which a product goes to market determines how fast it goes and how much money you get from it.

Unfortunately a worse scenario is being created with any future privatisation or liberalization of the petroleum sector with the government unwilling to let go of their piggy bank and the public prefering vegetative sentiment on life support to the prospect of a clean break and a new life as we enjoy in the telecoms today.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by 989900: 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
don't roll out the drums yet

My thoughts too, not until we feel the reality. Sounds positive though, and hopefully it pans out good. But we've seen many film tricks and/or incompetence. b4

We need more of "sincere air" than some ambiguous "fresh air"
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Limaoscar: 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2012
Good move GEJ!!!!!

That is how He rollssssssss, shut dem haters up .

M.oron Al-harem (Boko Haram Spokes-man) and cronies won't be here to applaud this good move except to be all over the place propagating hate against the Government  of the day and Promoting Boko-haram,His Northern Political Masters and Sponsors of violence against Southerners up North and the same time feigning  neutrality.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by ektbear: 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
I mean, how does this differ really from when NEPA was scrapped and renamed PHCN?

Change that you do on paper or that boils down to renaming/reshuffling things isn't going to help.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by AZeD1(m): 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
netotse:

as far back as 2007, OBJ wanted to name James Olotu (he's the present head of NIPP) as the CEO of NELMCO but the PHCN union no gree, govt has been trying to privatise the sucessor companies but union no dey gree make the posible investors visit the site to inspect the stations, how do you expect govt to achieve anything meannigful if the workers are trying to sabotage them at every turn?

All the successor companies have CEOs (which could of course change when they're sold).

BTW, the MD of NELMCO is Dr. Sam Agbogun(I only know his name,  I dont know his gist)
The union wants all phcn workers to be paid off i.e nobody should be retained initially everybody gets paid off then those interested in continuing in the power sector re-apply to the successor companies,
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by 1forall: 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
Can any good come out of evil? I refuse to be deceived again.
Nothing changed when NEPA was scrapped for PHCN. When I see constant power I'll know.
So so talk no action. Tscccch!
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by sumgelem(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
Luvly move!
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by ak47mann(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
http://www.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thisdaylive.com%2Farticles%2Fpower-fg-to-add-4000-megawatts-from-cutbacks%2F106734%2F&h=oAQFfvyEQAQE1zChscjRfkKSXIaDF606tPErwRR8AafpL-w

prof nnaji,

The Federal Government plans to plough a good amount of funds saved from removal of petrol subsidy to quickly add about 4000 megawatts (MW) of electricity to the national grid, Minister of Power, Prof. Barth Nnaji has disclosed.

Nnaji said in Abuja over the weekend that with the expected availability of funds from the removal of subsidy on petrol by the government, construction work on five identified power plants across the country would commence.

The plants he said would add 4000MW to the national grid within a very short period.

The identified power plants are the Mambilla hydro power plant in Gembu, Taraba state which has a capacity of 2000MW when completed and four coal-fired power plants in Enugu, Gombe, Kogi and Benue States with combined capacities of 2000MW.

Nnaji stated that the capacity of the government to provide its counterpart funds for these power projects and other pockets of power projects around the country would be greatly enhanced.

He said: “There is a misreading of what the government programme is about on the removal of petrol subsidy and we think that the media should be upbeat in telling Nigerians what is going on.

The immediate advantage of having subsidy is very minimal in comparison to the benefits of not having it in the future and re-channelling the resources to improve the country and we have in the power sector alone quite a lot of things that will be done.”
According him, “With this re-channelling of resources that could have gone to subsidy in the power sector, there will be investment in Mambilla power plant; I want to tell you that Mambilla has been discussed since 1979 when people began to work in the project and it has just been talk, talk, talk, but now action is coming through this initiative.”

click on the source to read more
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Chinom(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
Very good decision. It's about time we get serious about this power problem. I hope and pray that reputable and capable companies take over. NO MORE EGUNJE FOR NEPA ( Still NEPA to me) STAFF. Was a very rotten parastatal.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Eltonluigi(m): 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2012
Repubocrat:

Well said. There are three questions that I have after reading that article?
1. What exactly are the domain names of these succeeding companies
2. Are they still government owned? I think so because the article didn't say jack about private companies.
3. Why the heck do they need to absorb the incompetent bas.tards that previously worked for PHCN?

Only the 1st question is valid here, the 2nd is just you being bipolar and as for the 3rd; you don't expect these companies to run themselves without an existing work-force while you are seated behind a computer.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
ekt_bear:

I mean, how does this differ really from when NEPA was scrapped and renamed PHCN?

Change that you do on paper or that boils down to renaming/reshuffling things isn't going to help.
36 States into 6 Regions with 6 States Each.

Each of the 6 Regions have 3 Companies.

1 for Electricity generation
1 for Electricity Distribution
1 for Marketing

So therefore, we have 6  Electricity generation companies; 6  Electricity distribution companies and 6  Electricity marketing companies. Total 18 companies ,
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by ektbear: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
LeoMax:

36 States into 6 Regions with 6 States Each.

Each of the 6 Regions have 3 Companies.

1 for Electricity generation
1 for Electricity Distribution
1 for Marketing

So therefore, we have 6  Electricity generation companies; 6  Electricity distribution companies and 6  Electricity marketing companies. Total 18 companies ,

That is not the present situation. . . so it is your proposal, I guess?

How does it help?

Like I keep saying, no amount of reshuffling, paper pushing, renaming is going to help.

You have to attract investment in the electricity sector. Which requires privatization and some regulatory changes. . .
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by studyineu: 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
My own presido is on it AGAIn. GEJ ride on nothing do you at all. Occupy Nigeria should go 2 hell. De northners must be dieing in anger by now. hahahahahahaha
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by nateevs(m): 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2012
Even with the size of jubilation in here, I am really struggling to see how this does not resemble a change of name with same workers.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
Nepa to phcn to nerdc now. Clueless and incompetent govt. Phcn was fine as it Is. Endemic corruption was only what needs to b tackled and Gej as usual aint got x nerve to face it instead taking the easy way out.

No developing economies privatizes its real sectors.

Breath of fresh air indeed. The unbundling has not translated to 24hrs power supply.and it neva will.  Cuz the basic issues of building more power plants have not been addressed. These companies are still owned by the same CABALS. WHO IS FOOLING WHO?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Court Of Arbitration Inaugurated By Fashola (photo) / Patrick Ndubueze Attacked By Assassins In Imo. One Killed (Photos) / APC Caretaker Committee Nulifies Suspension Of Fayemi, Ojudu And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.