Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG (29077 Views)

Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself / Nnamdi Kanu Charged With Treasonable Felony By FG / b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2012
What happened to all the promises that PHCN will deliver when it came on board ? Hmm,Naija i hail o.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
You people commending GEJ on this are all BUNCH OF F*OO*OO*OOLS!!!
This is long overdue.
Billions of dollars have been put into that ministry and parastatal without anything to show for it.
GEJ has been in power now since 1 1/2 years and he is just thinking towards this line? It is such a shame for people who think he has done something spectacular.

Nigerians these things are you RIGHT! Don't ever let any government think they are doing you a favour in providing basic amenities to you.

These are what they promised you in exchange of your vote.

Wake up F*ools!!!
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by akinnux(m): 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
Good ridance.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by 989900: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
No Comments yet! Let's wait and see how this cooks up! Tasty or sour? Time'll Tell

Of course we need time and more details to see how this pans out.

Hopefully if properly executed power supply should be fine.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
Billions of dollars have been put into that ministry and parastatal without anything to show for it.
GEJ has been in power now since 1 1/2 years and he is just thinking towards this line? It is such a shame for people who think he has done something spectacular.

Wake up F*ools!!!
[quote][/quote]
[size=13pt]
Are you  a Stinking illiterate ? Am just asking please.
[/size]
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Yorisb: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
AYODEJI4LOVE:

Clapping, Lets encourage him now,
If you use right hand to rebuke a child,use left hand to encourage him,  

Word!
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by 9ja4eva: 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2012
Great news

Has it been confirmed though?

GEJ now to Roads and Rails.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by umechuma: 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2012
greateros:

hum-pity!

dum-pity!

dumb!

empty!

sorrowful!

hollow even to your ears!

fo-ol!

high on sniffing GEJ sh-it!
masquerade!

[size=24pt]ASSEMBLY OF VULTURES![/size]

Boko Haram members and supporters on the loose.
Assembly of Terrorist member
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2012
yawn. . .

when in trouble, try to distract attention. . .

the master of spin and spell at work
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Googler(m): 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2012
No wonder I had light yesterday. Not that the Nigerian government can be trusted to see through the process to the benefit of Nigerians though.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by slap1(m): 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2012
Nice move. I only hope that the private sector will deliver and make this issue of electricity a thing of the past. Let the transformation excede that of the telecoms industry.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by hbrednic: 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2012
Good right hook from mr president,Nigeria must develop.
subsidy gone,phcn gone and many more to go.
the era of handouts is over.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by house37: 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
All i need is to see my bulbs lit.i have lived on generator light for years PHCN light only 4days max in 2months ,low voltage.i'll feel d change only wen i see d light.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by TomFord: 4:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
Still waiting for the names of the 18 companies.last i heard there was a bidding process(war),who emerged successful?how many are indigenous?how many foreign?how much has BPE realised?who is playing who?
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
No more subsidy
No more PHCN
Next casualty will be NNPC !!
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2012
THE wind of change blowing across the public sector has swept away the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN). In its stead, 18 successor firms have emerged.

The Federal Government, which has stepped up the implementation of the Electric Power Sector Reform (EPSR) Act of 2005, says PHCN workers will be absorbed by the 18 firms, which were created by the law. The other personnel will be transferred to agencies under the Ministry of Power.

Minister of Power, Prof. Barth Nnaji, who confirmed the “liquidation” of PHCN, told reporters at the weekend in Abuja that PHCN corporate office in Maitama, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) would now house the Ministry of Power and its agencies, whose offices are located in different parts of Abuja.

i thought these people were getting sacked, being paid severance etal?

i recall hearing about these  18 successor firms for the past three years. the 'unbundling'

seems like 'problem has changed name' episode 2

still the same useless phcn workers, still a govt run enterprise  . . .

nothing to write home about here. . .unless ur a gej apologist/spin and speller
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Jeel: 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2012
Subsidy benefits bgining 2 roll
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
Tom Ford:

Still waiting for the names of the 18 companies.last i heard there was a bidding process(war),who emerged successful?how many are indigenous?how many foreign?how much has BPE realised?who is playing who?
All are locals, but they can independently decide on the Foreign Direct Investments inputs
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by 3kay945(m): 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
Odechukwu cronies plenty for here. Kai!
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2012
@leoMax,
You guessed right! Yes, I am illiterate! And you know what?

Your Father is a BAS*tard for such a question.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by drstan(m): 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2012
U no wat jona hav plans bt our corupt leadas behind him ar d one puling evrytin bak. Hop nw d ocupy nigeria wil nw ocupy transformer and high tension
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Kinikini: 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2012
The wise are reluctant to praise amidst so much lies and deception.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by dbride: 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2012
NITWITS, so if Jonathan had these plans, why budget billions to maintain generating sets in his villa? WHAT A PITY!
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by k2kay(m): 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2012
greateros:

hum-pity!

dum-pity!

dumb!

empty!

sorrowful!

hollow even to your ears!

fo-ol!

high on sniffing GEJ sh-it!
masquerade!

[size=24pt]ASSEMBLY OF VULTURES![/size]

U Can't have choosed a better word grin grin grin grin
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by 2mch(m): 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2012
Hasn't PHCN/NEPA been sold since OBJ. So all glory to GEJ. Desperate people looking for a life line. grin grin cheesy. There is fire on the mountain, run run run!
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2012
It is a common knowledge that Diesel and Petrol marketers used to Bribe NEPA aka PHCN to turn off eletricity that we can buy fuel. Now Subsidy is gone and PHCN gone, they are fighting the last battle. I repeat, there is no going back on Subsidy, when people are tired of staying at home, they will fight NLC to allow them back to work. Its always sweet in the first 1 week, after 1 week, hahahahaa I wil laff in Urhobo
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Jakumo(m): 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2012
oyb:

i thought these people were getting sacked, being paid severance etal?

still the same useless phcn workers, still a govt run enterprise  . . .

Those redundant and utterly worthless free-loading utility "workers" are only being led on and kept calm with the obvious lie that they will be hired by PRIVATE profit-driven enterprises.  

In reality, those walking dead will be sacked so fast it will make their heads spin, but Johnny B. Good sees no reason to panic them all before that axe falls and puts them out of their misery forever.

In Johnny B. Goode's shoes, I would assemble ALL of those lazy muffugus in a stadium, lock all exits, then have airforce jets roll in and level the place with a fire-storm of hot ordinance.   Too bad this is not a perfect world, for that sort of instant justice would be of enormous lasting benefit.

Go Johnny Go.   Ain't no stoppin you now !   Ain't nobody BAD, like you.  Sho y'right, and stay the course, Mr. President.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by goggs(m): 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2012
talknafree:

You people commending GEJ on this are all BUNCH OF F*OO*OO*OOLS!!!
This is long overdue.

Nigerians these things are you RIGHT! Don't ever let any government think they are doing you a favour in providing basic amenities to you.

These are what they promised you in exchange of your vote.

Wake up F*ools!!!

dude have you forgotten the running battle with the unions to get to this stage? you think they don't need time to set up the successor companies, verify staff, pass enabling laws, set up parastatals to regulate the industry etc you think this is a Hollywood flick where things like that happen on the drop of a hat. where were you when the unions resisted the reforms, shut down power and chased officials from the stations even when they were told there will no job loses and they were paid.

while I am not in support of the manner the subsidy stuff  was handled this one by GEJ and bart represents real change and I think nigerians should acknowledge change in the right direction. pessimism is a terrible thing
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
dbride:

NITWITS, so if Jonathan had these plans, [size=18pt]why budget billions to maintain generating sets in his villa[/size]? WHAT A PITY!

i wonder what the spin and spellers have to say about that  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2012
[size=13pt]Next move will be to take back our Oil wells from Danjuma and OBJ and take away the private Jetties/Ports awarded to Atiku and other military men. GEJ, I have the mappings and I know what they do. They flood this country with arms and drugs through the private ports, [/size]
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by blacksta(m): 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2012
I am confused  -

Who is currently providing electricity - is not phcn  - when you scrap an organisation  - I thought transition to the new company would have happened before scarping .

Abeg give me break  - Things like this only exists on the pages of newspapers.  

Next month you will hear " Scrapping to commence 2013 "  -   Who is fooling who  - here.

One thing I have definitely observed during this subsidy protest - All government  agencies even the ones that are redundant are all currently sending out positives messages via twitter, facebook , tv, and so all.

Definitely propanganda machine is work -   Let see who will win.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by zinosleek(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
now can people go to the street to praise GEJ. hypocrite protesters, some dont even know what they are protesting about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ / Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians / The Tattered Furniture In The Nigerian Senate Hearing Room (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.