Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG (29074 Views)

Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself / Nnamdi Kanu Charged With Treasonable Felony By FG / b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by jpphilips(m): 5:05am On Jan 10, 2012
how did Nigeria get to this stage? a minister is saying that without subsidy removal, investments cant be made in the power sector.
Nigeria is finished.

for those of you smoking ur dad's eba and applauding Gej for removing fuel subsidy, you will not understand what jonathan did till you feel the impact of being exposed to international oil rates with no market regulatory agency,

@leo mad,beaf et al please tell jonathan that the only reason he needs to deceive people that he is making progress is CORRUPTION unlike his cohort Nnaji that think it is subsidy.

in the face of corruption, jonathan's smiles, efforts and promises are like a dangling G-string.

13 companies indeed, who are they? do they have the blessings of the president or did they win a transparent bid of competence we dont know about?

Mr Nnaji, I tell you for the upteenth time stop attributing your ineptitude to subsidy. in the face of inflation I wonder how many Nigerians can afford your electricity?
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by BlackPikiN(m): 5:14am On Jan 10, 2012
jp philips:

how did Nigeria get to this stage? a minister is saying that without subsidy removal, investments cant be made in the power sector.
Nigeria is finished.

for those of you smoking your dad's eba and applauding Gej for removing fuel subsidy, you will not understand what jonathan did till you feel the impact of being exposed to international oil rates with no market regulatory agency,

@leo mad,beaf et al please tell jonathan that the only reason he needs to deceive people that he is making progress is CORRUPTION unlike his cohort Nnaji that think it is subsidy.

in the face of corruption, jonathan's smiles, efforts and promises are like a dangling G-string.

13 companies indeed, who are they? do they have the blessings of the president or did they win a transparent bid of competence we dont know about?

Mr Nnaji, I tell you for the upteenth time stop attributing your ineptitude to subsidy. in the face of inflation I wonder how many Nigerians can afford your electricity?

Prof. Nnaji remains the best(for now) power minister Nigeria have had in years.
His work speaks for him.
Now you (mumu) list all the minister of power Nigeria had since 1999 til date.
Prof. Nnaji has done very well within a very short time but there's always room for improvement.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Jeovy(m): 8:23am On Jan 10, 2012
This is a courageous move
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by biometrics: 9:07am On Jan 10, 2012
[size=18pt]Lets see how this will transform to results.[/size]
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by PapaBrowne(m): 10:07am On Jan 10, 2012
jp philips:

Nigeria is finished.

for those of you smoking your dad's eba and applauding Gej for removing fuel subsidy, you will not understand what jonathan did till you feel the impact of being exposed to international oil rates with no market regulatory agency,

Pessimism, like a virus, runs in the blood of some folks.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by netotse(m): 10:30am On Jan 10, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Prof. Nnaji remains the best(for now) power minister Nigeria have had in years.
His work speaks for him.
Now you (mumu) list all the minister of power Nigeria had since 1999 til date.
Prof. Nnaji has done very well within a very short time but there's always room for improvement.
you wouldn't believe it but Nnaji is the only one out of all of tham that has anything resembling experience in the power sector. . .

@A-zed
Because of the sensitive and capital intensive nature of transmission, it's best to leave it in the hands of govt. also, the power is not sold to the transmission company, it(transco) merely collects a "toll" (you can call it that), the power purchase agreement is between the generation companies(genco) and distribution companies(disco)

It isn't advisable to have different companies build their transmission networks because then redundancy between islands will still be an issue, also what if the genco A in maiduguri has the lowest cost electricity how will disco B in lagos purchase the electricity from it? will the construct lines all the way to maiduguri for their exclusive use?

P.S. what is in osun state is the NCC, national control centre, the transmission company is located all over the nation.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 10, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Pessimism, like a virus, runs in the blood of some folks.

is it you who openly admitted lying 'spin and spell' to us over the lagos benin expressway that should be believed

we already know u lot - plots , lies  and propaganda
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by londoner: 11:31am On Jan 10, 2012
This is very good news and could lead to the needed transformation IF seen through.

When GEJ was still acting president, many were lining up to invest in the power generation sector in Nigeria because of his power sector roadmap. Companies of EXPERIENCE and REPUTE.

This is not something that has just jumped into his head. This was the plan and he needed to create an environment where it can succeed.

Even though there are some aspects that may be too harsh too soon to most.

The private companies should see to it that employees have shares in the company.

No Nigeria will cut off his own nose, only somebody else's.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by ndigbo: 11:47am On Jan 10, 2012
So very Soon i go trowey my Generator!
God don catch devil.
Prof Berth, Thank You for this one! Thank you very much.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by james1(m): 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2012
THE GOODLUCK JONATHAN YOUTH MOVEMENT commends GEJ and prof Barth Nnaji(a world renowned robotics engineer)on this great leap in the right direction.
GEJ means well.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by chimeugo: 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2012
Some people just don't get it, those that are out there occupying are the patriotic ones, who have the interest of the nation at heart. No doubt, some just don't like GEJ, but do u blame them? Nobody will be given honey and he'd reject it. Check out how PHCN was done. The necessary laws were there. Where is PIB that GEJ inherited? If u truly love GEJ as u claim, occupy Nigeria to free him from the cabal, just like Ngige freed himself. Don't get it twisted, we all want this country to get better. Let Jonathan start by firing Madueke.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by adino(m): 1:16am On Jan 11, 2012
See me See Light, Abeg make una help me beg Nepa Phcn abi na Tcn dem dey call them now make them take light ooh. Too much light in my area (Ojodu Estate, Lagos) at least 15 hrs of Light daily for the past one week. Well, I go manage am sha.
Goodluck may have some issues but we should give him support and prayers, I believe in him seriously. GEJ is very bad guyz, he choose to liquidate the moribund Phcn during this strike so as to prevent another labour issue when Nlc calls this one off. Since people will be very weary and will not be in a hurry to start another strike over the useless phcn.
Thank God PHCN is now history, let labour/tuc and electricity workers protest this injustice, infact they should:
Occupy Transformers
Occupy Electric poles
Occupy High tension wires
Occupy Prepaid Metres
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by james1(m): 1:58am On Jan 11, 2012
@adino.
You can't be serious.lol
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by Akanbiedu(m): 3:42am On Jan 11, 2012
Funkymallam:

@Gbawe. Y are u always sentimental on issues like these?
Yes as u rightly pointed out Obasanjo started d preocess but u also failed to tell u that yar adua suspended it. Below is an article for that, i knw that u already knw about it but for your biased mind.

http://www.nigerianoilgas.com/?p=207
am not praising him just yet but try and reduce your sentiments. He restarted d process and we knw of gr8 successes in power stations across d country.
Atleast there was an improvement in power last yr.

Are you here to contribute or monitor Gbawe. mr head boy
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by abdurrazaq(m): 9:25am On Jan 11, 2012
Things are easier said than implemented in Nigeria. Let's know when it becomes illegal to honour PHCN Bills, what effects will it have on tariff, etc.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by hercules07: 9:36am On Jan 11, 2012
@netotse

Is the government still pumping money into Generation or they are deregulating it?
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by agabaI23(m): 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2012
Had 24hrs light for the past 2 weeks
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by netotse(m): 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2012
hercules07:

@netotse

Is the government still pumping money into Generation or they are deregulating it?
yes and no, govt will invest in a couple of hydro power stations(e.g. mambilla) seeing as they are more capital intensive, but they (FGN) will leave the gas/steam power stations to private investors.
Re: PHCN Divided And Liquidated By FG by gasochrist(m): 11:43am On Jan 27, 2012
@ PapaBrowne

what happens to the phcn workers that are recently staffd,i mean d casuals.pls any info thks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode: Nigeria's 3rd Mahdi & Last Of Amalekite Kings / El-rufai Commissions Cars For Sanitation & Water Project (Photos) / Gunmen Kill Kogi Commissioner, Abduct LG Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.