Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,586 members, 7,955,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer (832 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by newmi(m): 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2012
The Spirit of God is God's answer, God's response and God's solution.
John 14:15
15 If you[ really] love Me, you will keep( obey) My commands.
16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter( Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever --
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by newmi(m): 8:49am On Jan 11, 2012
,17 The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive( welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you[ constantly] and will be in you. ,
John 16:13
13 But when He, the Spirit of Truth( the Truth- giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth( the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message[ on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears[ from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come[ that will happen in the future]. ,,
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by newmi(m): 8:57am On Jan 11, 2012
You know l hear some people teach that when we pray God's answer could be in 1 of three responses
1. God says a yes
2. or a no
3. or a wait
but none of these responses are scriptural
God's response is God's Spirit so God's response is relative to to the leading of Gid's Spirit to the individual
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by OmoPastor(m): 11:13am On Jan 11, 2012
Absolutely!

And the Spirit of God will not contradict the Scriptures rather it complements and confirms it.
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by Enigma(m): 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2012
newmi:

The Spirit of God is God's answer, God's response and God's solution.
John 14:15
15 If you[ really] love Me, you will keep( obey) My commands.
16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter( Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever --

But Oyakhilome said "nowhere in the New testament are we told to obey God"! 

cool
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by newmi(m): 7:57am On Jan 14, 2012
Enigma:

But Oyakhilome said "nowhere in the New testament are we told to obey God"! 

cool
So whats my business with that. . . . if you have a problem with it then handle it ur way, This thread is not about what Mr. So and so said it simply state: The Spirit of God is God's answer
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by Enigma(m): 10:25am On Jan 14, 2012
^^^ Sorry oh! grin

Are you now denying Oyakhilome? You are denying a whole "Pastor Chris"! You mean what a whole "Pastor Chris" said and "taught" on the Bible is not your business? shocked

Wunderbar! grin

cool
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by Joagbaje(m): 11:26am On Jan 14, 2012
^^

We do obey God, but not as basis of qualification for blessing as in the old testament . That was pastor chris point. Aferall he had talked about obedience in some other exhortations .
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by Enigma(m): 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2012
Hmmm  smiley

1. Oyakhilome said:

Nowhere in the New Testament are we told to “obey” God or “obey” the Law. Rather, we are called His obedient children:

2. His follower said:

Joagbaje:

We are not trying to obey God to bless us. Besides there is no law for us to obey. Rather we have the nature of God in us that cause us to do his will

Joagbaje:

Obey what na. What law ,what command? Is it say in the bible to "obey God" if there is quote it out . . .

Joagbaje:

The issue is what law or commandment are you obeying?

Joagbaje:
. . . .  what are the christian commandments for us to obey? . . .

3. More interestingly, when the very John 14:15 (if you love me you will obey my commands) was quoted to the Oyakhilome follower, he replied that the passage is not for Christians, saying inter alia:

Joagbaje:

This we are talking about the new testament . The church.

Joagbaje:

New testament began after Jesus death dude. Is that What did they teach u in your church? Oh sorry I forgot you are one of the sheep without a shepherd how sad.

4. The Oyakhilome follower continued to argue strongly in other posts that there are no commands/commandments for a Christian to obey (the quotes are available until he deletes them as he tried on a different occasion to destroy evidence)! Now, apparently the follower wants to weasel an amendment to that unscriptural and unchristian position; if at least it is a partial acknowledgment of the wrongness of Oyakhilome's statement and also of the follower's previous position, then that at is at least some good thing.  smiley

cool
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by Joagbaje(m): 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2012
Why not quote where i said "obedience is not taken out of our dictionary"
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by Enigma(m): 12:37pm On Jan 14, 2012
smiley

Joagbaje:

@all
There are no laws and commandments for the church to be obeying. If you have references to them pls name them.
1. Thou shall ,

cool
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by newmi(m): 10:40am On Feb 12, 2012
isn't it amazing that The Spirit of God as God's answer yet many don't know Him
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) 2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and
the love of God, and the communion of
the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
Many people know or are familiar with the Love of God, some maybe not all are aquinted with the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ but sadly only few are familiar and aquinted with the FELLOWSHIP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. Now that to a large extent explains why the majority of Christian are living as failures, are defeated, are victims, many are suffering and struggling you see this not suppose to be because our God who also is our Father owns the universe and He is the God and Father of all flesh and spirits
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) Hebrews 12:9
Furthermore we have had fathers of our
flesh which corrected us , and we gave
them reverence: shall we not much
rather be in subjection unto the Father
of spirits, and live?
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by newmi(m): 9:57am On Feb 13, 2012
@@@@
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by winiamanda: 12:20pm On Feb 14, 2012
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the the things of God knoweth no man save the spirit of GOD. Which things also we speak not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the holyghost teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 1 corth 2:11-13

And i brethren could not speak to you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal even as unto babes in christ. I have feed you with milk and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet are ye now able 1 corith 3:1-2
Re: The Spirit Of God Is God's Answer by newmi(m): 12:33pm On Feb 14, 2012
winiamanda:

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the the things of God knoweth no man save the spirit of GOD. Which things also we speak not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the holyghost teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 1 corth 2:11-13

And i brethren could not speak to you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal even as unto babes in christ. I have feed you with milk and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet are ye now able 1 corith 3:1-2

Very true
but you didn't explain anything at least can you correlate these scrptures with the context we are considering?
Thank You.
Anyway where have you been all this while because l must confess you have been missing in action!!!

(1) (Reply)

Believe In Yourself / Valentine Service In The Church Of God. Does It Make Any Sense? / Meat Abstinence Observed By The Catholic Denomination on good fridays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.