Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! (2222 Views)

Prophet TB Joshua's Meeting With 'lucifer' Goes Viral (photo & Video) / ‘Face To Face With Lucifer’: TB Joshua's Meeting With Lucifer Goes Viral / Family Time With Lucifer: The Bible For Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by LagosShia: 12:01am On Jan 12, 2012
JESUS EQUATES HIMSELF WITH LUCIFER!

by Ibn Anwar

I hope the title is not too offensive to my Christian readers. It is merely a reflection of the understanding that I have gathered from the verses which I shall present in this brief article. I wish the readers a pleasant journey.

I'm sure you have heard Christians argue for Jesus' divinity in light of "Before Abraham was, I am" (John 8:58). What they do is that they try to link this statement purportedly uttered by Jesus to that uttered by God in Exodus 3:14, "God said to Moses,"I am who I am". This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ?I am' has sent me to you.'" I do not wish to get into a discussion and exegesis of these two verses. That is not the purpose of this article. What I will do in this case is apply "I agree with you for the sake of argument". So let's agree for a moment (for the sake of argument) that Jesus is God because he used the words "I am" which God used, that is, he equated himself with God. That is the logic which the Trinitarians use. Let us now apply the same logic with the following:

"King of Babylon, bright morning star, you have fallen from heaven! In the past you conquered nations, but now you have been thrown to the ground."(Isaiah 14:12)

Everybody knows that the above is in reference to Lucifer. In fact, Lucifer means bright morning star, light-bearer, king of Babylon and Satan. Refer to the KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon.

No other character in the entire Bible ever used or were given that title,"bright morning star" save Lucifer and JESUS! Yes, you heard me Jesus too,

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give witness to you of these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star." (Revelations 22:16)

It is evident that "bright morning star" is an ascription uniquely used for Lucifer and in the above quotation we see Jesus using that same ascription for himself. So the conclusion is really quite simple. Jesus has equated himself with Lucifer. The Christians who equate Jesus with God by linking Exodus and John in the verses given earlier have no choice but to placate that Jesus is also the devil according to the Bible due to the verses in Isaiah and Revelations.

http://muslim-responses.com/Lucifer/Lucifer_
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Arkhin(m): 12:09am On Jan 12, 2012
All you fanatics will not see God because in your bid to outdo the other religion, you'll commit sin and God in his awesomeness has not sent you on any errand. Let all of you keep planting your seed of discord, it will germinate into such a big tree of sin that will collapse on you all.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by LagosShia: 12:14am On Jan 12, 2012
eya sorry,kpele!!!

i hope you are this passionate when your christian brothers post nonsense here.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Arkhin(m): 12:33am On Jan 12, 2012
My words were "all fanatics" and "other religion". I never supported Christians over muslims nor Muslims over Christians.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by LagosShia: 12:37am On Jan 12, 2012
besides,that is not the topic of the thread.back to the topic please!
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by ronkebp(f): 1:34am On Jan 12, 2012
There is a difference between the ''bright morning star'' and ''The Bright And Morning Star'' in Revelations . Don't you think For the Devil it was a title which God gave to him but he lost the priviledge of bearing it, But for Christ, He is the Title.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Nobody: 2:20am On Jan 12, 2012
ronkebp:

There is a difference between the ''bright morning star'' and ''The Bright And Morning Star'' in Revelations . Don't you think For the Devil it was a title which God gave to him but he lost the priviledge of bearing it, But for Christ, He is the Title.

dont waste your time; the goal of the muslim is not to understand but to cast aspersion on the divinity of Christ.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Adaeze003(f): 2:34am On Jan 12, 2012
sowi. No time to read trash talk! cool
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by victorazy(m): 5:53am On Jan 12, 2012
The guy na mumu. Jesus was busy preaching the gospel and Muhamed was busy fighting making war, who is Lucifer.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Image123(m): 10:17am On Jan 12, 2012
Unsubsidised yawns produced.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by LagosShia: 10:29am On Jan 12, 2012
ronkebp:

there is no difference because in hebrew or aramaic there is no capitalization (i.e. small or big letters).

victorazy:

The guy na mumu. Jesus was busy preaching the gospel and Muhamed was busy fighting making war, who is Lucifer.

Luke 19:27
"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 14:26
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Hutchie(m): 12:43pm On Jan 12, 2012
Sometimes it is not even worth responding to doubtful disputations such as these but if this will be of any help to anybody here goes. I think with clever twisting of scripture we can always convey whatever message we want. If we read from the KJV version we note that the reference in Isa 14:12 says "son of the morning" and NOT "bright and morning star" which is what Rev 21:16 says in that same version of the Bible. Not the same reference now is it? But lets look at this from another angle, the angels that fell in Genesis were referred to as the "sons of God". These angels became demons because of their sin and were cast into the earth so is Jesus equating Himself with demons if He says He is the Son of God? Angels are sometimes referred to as stars and an example of this is Rev 9:1. Since Lucifer fell he is no longer regarded as a "star" so Isa 14:12 was being used in the reflective sense to say look how you were once enamoured in all your splendor and look how you have now fallen. The reference was really about the king of Babylon and Lucifer was being used as a synonym to describe the king who had exalted himself but who was going to be brought low.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2012
Hutchie:

Sometimes it is not even worth responding to doubtful disputations such as these but if this will be of any help to anybody here goes. I think with clever twisting of scripture we can always convey whatever message we want. If we read from the KJV version we note that the reference in Isa 14:12 says "son of the morning" and NOT "bright and morning star" which is what Rev 21:16 says in that same version of the Bible. Not the same reference now is it? But lets look at this from another angle, the angels that fell in Genesis were referred to as the "sons of God". These angels became demons because of their sin and were cast into the earth so is Jesus equating Himself with demons if He says He is the Son of God? Angels are sometimes referred to as stars and an example of this is Rev 9:1. Since Lucifer fell he is no longer regarded as a "star" so Isa 14:12 was being used in the reflective sense to say look how you were once enamoured in all your splendor and look how you have now fallen. The reference was really about the king of Babylon and Lucifer was being used as a synonym to describe the king who had exalted himself but who was going to be brought low.

you're wasting your time with those whom the prince of this world have led in chains to their destruction.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by LagosShia: 1:37pm On Jan 12, 2012
Hutchie:

the reference in Isaiah was written after "satan" has fallen from grace and described as "bright morning star".Jesus too used the same words describing himself later on and not before "satan" disobeyed God.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by LagosShia: 1:38pm On Jan 12, 2012
davidylan:

you're wasting your time with those whom the prince of this world have led in chains to their destruction.

the "prince of this world"? i thought Jesus said "he is not of this world"? shocked shocked shocked shocked

"have led in chain to their destruction"? i thought he is "love and the prince of peace"? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Image123(m): 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2012
Father, forgive the simple.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by LagosShia: 2:04pm On Jan 12, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

try harder!!!

thats too cheap.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Judek2(m): 2:08pm On Jan 12, 2012
FANATIC MOHAMMADIAN. .
BITTER IN WORDS AND ACTIONS.

Dont try making sence to a muslim extremist,Because the best deciver lives in them.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2012
LagosShia:

the "prince of this world"? i thought Jesus said "he is not of this world"? shocked shocked shocked shocked

"have led in chain to their destruction"? i thought he is "love and the prince of peace"? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Oh dear, this guy is really confused.The sad part is he really does think he is making sense.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by ronkebp(f): 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2012
LagosShia:

lAGOSSHIA, you are confusing yourself the more, ''the prince of this world'' can never ever be Jesus, the prince of this world is Satan. Since you don't know. And stop arguing blindly, all your arguement has loopholes and does not make any reasonable meaning, only because you do not have the complete knowledge of what/ Who you are arguing against.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by goggs(m): 3:21pm On Jan 12, 2012
The Bible tells us how Satan came about

Lucifer was the Anointed Cherub. Anointed means to be set apart for Gods Divine purpose. It also means "bestowal of Gods divine favor", and "appointment to a special place or function." He was called the morning star due to his intended status and special favour. Morning star is used to describe a position of favour

God had given Satan a certain amount of power and authority. But he perverted that power. Lucifer wanted to exalt himself above God,  rather than "just" being the Angel of God.

(i) Lucifer was created perfect in all his ways, but iniquity was found in him. It was not put there by God. Lucifer created it.
( this is found in Ezekiel 28:15 )

(ii) Satan was lifted up because of his beauty, he corrupted the wisdom by reason of his brightness (This is in Ezekiel 28:17)

(iii) He fell from his exalted position: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

(iiii) The reasons were pride and ambition: 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: Isaiah 14:12

(v) His destination is clear: John 17:  talks of the time of judgment, the prince of this world will be driven out.
Hell was not made for man. Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels. But those who do not receive Christ as their Lord and Savior will be sent to Hell, and have their part in the lake of fire.

So the origin of the Devil is clear, how he was made, how he was exalted but became the one that sinned and currupted the nations. He judgement is assured

SO what is the problem? That Jesus and the Devil are heavenly beings? that the Devil was once declared an anointed  Cherub, a higher class of angels and had a  special purpose until iniquity was found in him? And God had seized from him the titles and his positions in his presence. So his earlier discription of beign a morning star shows how highly placed he was. SO when Jesus is described in such figurative way he is equated with the devil?

Its not so hard to grasp is it?

The Bible is so clear on how Lucifer was once exalted, created special till he fell and was driven out.

the origin of Lucifer is well known, his previous exalted status acknowledged the , his present doomed state revealed and his future doom foretold. Clear as day!

So whats the fuss? undecided
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Judek2(m): 10:15pm On Jan 12, 2012
LagosShia:

the "prince of this world"? i thought Jesus said "he is not of this world"?  shocked shocked shocked shocked

"have led in chain to their destruction"? i thought he is "love and the prince of peace"?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

This guy is damned lost and confused. sad
He dont even know that the "Prince of the World" is Satan,according to the Bible.

One Muslima started argueing that Mohammad was the Prince of the world mentioned by Jesus, that its a prophecy of Mohammad grin .
Abeg, how can I start arguing with someone who has lost his senses of simple reasoning

Lagoshia is just an educated ignorant Mohammadian.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
Judek2:

He dont even know that the "Prince of the World" is Satan,according to the Bible.

One Muslima started argueing that Mohammad was the Prince of the world mentioned by Jesus, that its a prophecy of Mohammad grin .
Abeg, how can I start arguing with someone who has lost his senses of simple reasoning

i was going to let him stew in his own ignorance.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by LagosShia: 11:29am On Jan 13, 2012
ronkebp:

lAGOSSHIA, you are confusing yourself the more, ''the prince of this world'' can never ever be Jesus, the prince of this world is Satan. Since you don't know. And stop arguing blindly, all your arguement has loopholes and does not make any reasonable meaning, only because you do not have the complete knowledge of what/ Who you are arguing against.

dont blame us.the too many titles christians use should be blamed.one day Jesus is god another day he is the son another day the prince another day a spirit.then you claim he is the greatest man to ever step foot on earth while forgetting you've made him god.if you who give the many titles are going in cycles,why blame others?one more or one less wouldn't make difference!

now we have the "bright morning star"-lucifer!!!!
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by LagosShia: 11:33am On Jan 13, 2012
Judek2:

you pretend you are not of this world.but christians like this world more than anyone else.

to us muslims,God is the King of the world which includes heaven and earth.satan is not the prince of this world.he is the king of the sinners.so evidently for you to have made him your prince of this world which you christians enjoy so much in sin,you must be his follower.

then,we have in the bible Jesus (as) is said to be using the same term that is used for satan :"bright morning star"so your "lord and saviour" is likening himself to lucifer.so what is wrong with you people?
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 13, 2012
This is very simple to understand, but LagoShia has harden his heart

goggs:

The Bible tells us how Satan came about

Lucifer was the Anointed Cherub. Anointed means to be set apart for Gods Divine purpose. It also means "bestowal of Gods divine favor", and "appointment to a special place or function." He was called the morning star due to his intended status and special favour. Morning star is used to describe a position of favour

God had given Satan a certain amount of power and authority. But he perverted that power. Lucifer wanted to exalt himself above God, rather than "just" being the Angel of God.

(i) Lucifer was created perfect in all his ways, but iniquity was found in him. It was not put there by God. Lucifer created it.
( this is found in Ezekiel 28:15 )

(ii) Satan was lifted up because of his beauty, he corrupted the wisdom by reason of his brightness (This is in Ezekiel 28:17)

(iii) He fell from his exalted position: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

(iiii) The reasons were pride and ambition: 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: Isaiah 14:12

(v) His destination is clear: John 17: talks of the time of judgment, the prince of this world will be driven out.
Hell was not made for man. Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels. But those who do not receive Christ as their Lord and Savior will be sent to Hell, and have their part in the lake of fire.

So the origin of the Devil is clear, how he was made, how he was exalted but became the one that sinned and currupted the nations. He judgement is assured

SO what is the problem? That Jesus and the Devil are heavenly beings? that the Devil was once declared an anointed Cherub, a higher class of angels and had a special purpose until iniquity was found in him? And God had seized from him the titles and his positions in his presence. So his earlier discription of beign a morning star shows how highly placed he was. SO when Jesus is described in such figurative way he is equated with the devil?

Its not so hard to grasp is it?

The Bible is so clear on how Lucifer was once exalted, created special till he fell and was driven out.

the origin of Lucifer is well known, his previous exalted status acknowledged the , his present doomed state revealed and his future doom foretold. Clear as day!

So whats the fuss? undecided
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Image123(m): 11:55am On Jan 13, 2012
^muslin just shut up and admit you goofed. You've got a pitiable state of pride.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by proo212(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2012
The LORD knows I was waiting for this to come up grin

From Walid Shoebat's book: Why I left Jihad

The Hebrew word for Lucifer in Isaiah 14:12 is 'Hilal bin Sahar'. Hilal also means 'The brightness' and in Aramiac/Arabic, it means Crescent moon.

The Crescent moon is a moon god. The Crescent moon is the symbol of Islam and stems from Babylon (Iraq). The name of the moon god is 'Sin.'
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Joagbaje(m): 12:07pm On Jan 13, 2012
LagosShia:

JESUS EQUATES HIMSELF WITH LUCIFER!

"King of Babylon, bright morning star, you have fallen from heaven! In the past you conquered nations, but now you have been thrown to the ground."(Isaiah 14:12)

Everybody knows that the above is in reference to Lucifer. In fact, Lucifer means bright morning star, light-bearer, king of Babylon and Satan. Refer to the KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon.

No other character in the entire Bible ever used or were given that title,"bright morning star" save Lucifer and JESUS! Yes, you heard me Jesus too,

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give witness to you of these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star." (Revelations 22:16)

It is evident that "bright morning star" is an ascription uniquely used for Lucifer and in the above quotation we see Jesus using that same ascription for himself. So the conclusion is really quite simple. Jesus has equated himself with Lucifer. The Christians who equate Jesus with God by linking Exodus and John in the verses given earlier have no choice but to placate that Jesus is also the devil according to the Bible due to the verses in Isaiah and Revelations.
http://muslim-responses.com/Lucifer/Lucifer_

To start with, lucifer is not a bad name. That was the original glorious name of the covering cherub. But he has fallen from that grace. Lucifer name now is Satan . He no longer bears lucifer.He has fallen from that office of light. He is darkness. Now.

Jesus is light of the world and I am light Of the world Also.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by ogoamaka99(m): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2012
@Lagosshia,
Sorry to say this, it seems you have problem upstairs! This is because your threads displays someone who does not reason well. Why not try to write meaningful thread that people can read learn something rather than this kind of thread that display foolishness.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by LagosShia: 4:50pm On Jan 13, 2012
Joagbaje:

To start with, lucifer is not a bad name. That was the original glorious name of the covering cherub. But he has fallen from that grace. Lucifer name now is Satan . He no longer bears lucifer.He has fallen from that office of light. He is darkness. Now.

Jesus is light of the world and I am light Of the world Also.

good job!
the nairaland christian poster of the year is praising lucifer.that is good as it would be noted years to come!!!

"satan" is not a name.it is a title.Lucifer is the name that christians give to satan the devil who tempted Adam and Eve.

as for the others,good to see you shiver and cry on your knees.this is what you deserve.you dont deserve the gentle threads where one seeks dialogue.you need threads that hammer you.your fellows have long being stupid on nairaland posting rubbish.
Re: Jesus Equates Himself With Lucifer! by Joagbaje(m): 9:00am On Jan 14, 2012
I don't get your point. Lucifer was created a good being. He was not evil. He had a good name .and occupy a good office. Until pride destroyed him.

Jesus being day star does no mean identification with Satan. Satan is no longer light ,he is prince of darkness. He had fallen out of light. Hope you get it now.

The position that belonged to Lucifer had been given to man through christ. He became morning star as mans representative. Not as God.

Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

2 Peter 1:19
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

[color=#990000]Revelation 2:26-28
And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations. . . 28 And I will give him the morning star.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Question For The Atheist And Those Who Don't Believe In Heaven Or Hell? / Witchcraft- Powers Of The Mind And Soul / Different Kind Of Dreams You Shoud Not Take For Granted, Which You Need To Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.