Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Kenya Visa Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kenya Visa Needed (12518 Views)

Brazil Visa Needed / Irish Visa Needed: / Egyptian Visa Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenya Visa Needed by kennybuda: 6:42pm On Jan 12, 2012
I need kenya visa contact, my cousin is coming over the giving country has no embassy in nigeria. He needs to be in kenya for his visa i need your help nairalanders .
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by pendo89(f): 7:16pm On Jan 12, 2012
sorry check my other post below.
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by kennybuda: 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2012
@pendo89
Great job thank alot, gona call tomorow morning
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by pendo89(f): 6:36am On Jan 13, 2012
Hey Kenya has a high commission in Abuja.

http://kenyanigeria.org/
For visa requirements check >>http://kenyanigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12&Itemid=20.
Its pretty detailed but note carefully the list of countries needing further referral and approval from Kenya.

Contacts

No 21, Yedseram Street, Maitama, Abuja
P.M.B. 5160, Wuse Head Office, Garki, Abuja
+234-09-2208015 | +234-09-2208021 / 22
+234 816 474 9510
info@kenyanigeria.com

Please try contacting them.
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by chuksikem(m): 4:17pm On Jan 15, 2012
Hi pendo

pls i need info or contact of a good travel agency , i want to arrange for a 3day romantic trip to kenya, kindly furnish me with info on how to go about it, and probably recommend any good travel agent.

Thanks
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by kennybuda: 4:54pm On Jan 15, 2012
@chuksikem
No contact yet i herd the visa is being issued at piont of entry but am not realy sure about it, if you any infor alert me pls
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by pendo89(f): 7:33am On Jan 16, 2012
chuksikem:

Hi pendo

pls i need info or contact of a good travel agency , i want to arrange for a 3day romantic trip to kenya, kindly furnish me with info on how to go about it, and probably recommend any good travel agent.

Thanks

There's are so many I could list over 50 but I will refer you to one that I personally use and know very well.

I dont want to play agent by furnishing you with all details. That is the agents job because your paying them to do so.
What matters most is when you intend to travel,(low or high season), the no. of people,your budget plus have a valid visa
The agent will help you decide the destination. June - August are pretty cold months in Kenya.But the coastal weather is all round.
ok am diverging too much info. I will connect you to the agent and you can proceed with mail communication.

will post email of the agency.
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by pendo89(f): 7:47am On Jan 16, 2012
kennybuda:

@chuksikem
No contact yet i herd the visa is being issued at piont of entry but am not realy sure about it, if you  any infor alert me pls

You have not contacted them yet but you heard about visa issues.Now anything not coming from source I do not take serious.
Why not call the embassy or write an email for clarification??
Lemmie make it easy by posting the rules here.

NIGERIAN HIGH COMMISSION IN ABUJA VISA OFFICE HOURS

Submission of applications - Monday – Friday - 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Collection of Passports submitted – Monday – Friday 1pm to 2.pm

Visa Requirements

1.    A valid Passport with at least one unused page for endorsement – to be submitted with the application.
2.    Passport should be valid for at least six months at the date of entry to Kenya
3.    A duly completed visa application form V.1 in duplicate
4.    Two recent passport size photo
5.    Travel itinerary or business letter
6.    Indicate your daytime telephone number

Any application not meeting the above requirements will be considered INCOMPLETE and will remain unprocessed.

Types of Visas and fee Charged

1.    Multiple Journey Visa (6 months- 1 Year)        N 17,600
2.    Single Journey Visa                                      N 8,800
3.    Transit Visa                                                N 3,600
4.    Diplomatic/Official Visa                                  Gratis
5.    Referral fee for Referred visas                        N 1,800

Please Note:
1.    A Visa is required prior to entry into Kenya
2.    Visas are usually issued valid for three months from the date of issue
3.    Multiple journey visa applications are referred to the Director of Immigration Services, Nairobi, for processing and approval. Process takes 8 weeks or more
4.    Visa Fee must be paid by cash and in Naira
5.    Cheques and Credit cards are not accepted.

Processing Time

•    Visa applications presented at the counter are processed within 4 days
    Referral cases take at least 1months- persons falling under referred cases are advised to apply at least 3 months before the proposed date of travel to Kenya.
•    Visa fee is Non-Refundable once visa is issued.

NATIONALS OF THE COUNTRIES LISTED BELOW REQUIRE REFERRED VISAS – APPLICATIONS ARE SENT TO NAIROBI FOR APPROVAL

Nigeria is one of the listed countries among many.
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by kennybuda: 9:52am On Jan 16, 2012
The embassy works with touts bribery, i have made some reaserch back home
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by pendo89(f): 11:24am On Jan 16, 2012
What is touts bribery?? Are u in nigeria or Kenya??
What is his purpose of travel?? He doesn't need to be in Kenya, only his application is sent to Nbo for approval.
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by DAY12(m): 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2012
kennybuda:

The embassy works with touts bribery, i have made some reaserch back home

Def right. They have agents outside the embassy! sad
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by pendo89(f): 7:50am On Jan 18, 2012
DAY11.:

Def right. They have agents outside the embassy! sad

Mind explaining further??
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by obalukan: 1:11am On Jan 26, 2012
What you need is to there embasy @ afribank street in lagos and apply for the visa with require document and if you think is gonna be stressful go to airport and purchase your airline ticket from kenya airways if they ask for visa tell them you will get it Jomo Kenyata international airport when you get there is jus $50 even we use to pay $20 before but that was 2010. Have nice trip.
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by Dyt(f): 3:03pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^^ hmmmmm
wen last did u go dere?
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by obalukan: 10:02pm On Jan 26, 2012
I said 2010 at lest i travel to kenya up to 4 times in 2010 and i only applied for the visa once from embassy here and i got the visa on arrival for the other 3 trips and a friend of mine who is living there and he is in Nigeria now said the same. So the system is still working.
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by pendo89(f): 1:39pm On Jan 27, 2012
Is it so hard to call the embassy in nigeria or Kenya? Visa issues and travel info is best obtained from the embassy.
These 3rd party info is not reliable at all. Things change overnight.
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by dancewith: 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2012
As of Feb 2011 visas are issued to nationals of the two countries at the port of entry

http://www.naijapals.com/modules/naijapals/nigeria/topic,58440.0.html
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by 9jaIhail(m): 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2012
Dyt:

^^^ hmmmmm
wen last did u go dere?

IS IT A MUST THAT YOU WILL RECRUIT CLIENTS FOR YOUR VISA AGENT PARTNER HABA?

kennybuda:

I need kenya visa contact, my cousin is coming over the giving country has no embassy in nigeria. He needs to be in kenya for his visa i need your help nairalanders .

DEAR KENNYBUDA BELOW INFO IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW. SAFE JOURNEY TO KENYA.

Visa Information
Nationals of the following countries do not need visas to travel to Kenya: Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei-Darussalam, Burundi, Cyprus, Dominica, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Malaysia, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritius, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, St Lucia, St Vincent & The Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Citizens of the following countries need to have a visa prior to arrival in Kenya: -
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cameroon, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Senegal, Somali, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan and Yemen

If your country does not appear above, visas can be obtained at the Airport [or any entry point] upon arrival, it is advisable to obtain the visa from the Kenyan Embassies/High Commissions abroad prior to departure. Where applicable, visa fees are as follows: - Transit Visa = US$20 per person; Reference Fee: -US$10; Single Entry Visa= US$50 for three months (extendable for a similar period) Multiple Journey Visa= US$100 - valid.
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by dancewith: 9:34pm On Jan 28, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

IS IT A MUST THAT YOU WILL RECRUIT CLIENTS FOR YOUR VISA AGENT PARTNER HABA?

DEAR KENNYBUDA BELOW INFO IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW. SAFE JOURNEY TO KENYA.

Visa Information
Nationals of the following countries do not need visas to travel to Kenya: Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei-Darussalam, Burundi, Cyprus, Dominica, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Malaysia, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritius, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, St Lucia, St Vincent & The Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Citizens of the following countries need to have a visa prior to arrival in Kenya: -
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cameroon, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Senegal, Somali, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan and Yemen

If your country does not appear above, visas can be obtained at the Airport [or any entry point] upon arrival, it is advisable to obtain the visa from the Kenyan Embassies/High Commissions abroad prior to departure. Where applicable, visa fees are as follows: - Transit Visa = US$20 per person; Reference Fee: -US$10; Single Entry Visa= US$50 for three months (extendable for a similar period) Multiple Journey Visa= US$100 - valid.

It looks like you have a problem understanding simple English. please stop posting old and misleading information here

1 Like

Re: Kenya Visa Needed by pendo89(f): 3:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
Please guys take time to read very carefully

The website >> http://www.naijapals.com/modules/naijapals/nigeria/topic,58440.0.html states that,

The Federal Government has relaxed visa requirements for citizens of Kenya and Seychelles with effect from February 11, 2011 following a directive from President Goodluck Jonathan.

Visitors from the two countries will from that date only be required to pay a visa fee of $25 at the point of entry, rather than go through the hassles of visa application at the Nigerian High Commission in Nairobi as was the case currently.

The Kenyan high commission website in Abuja states the following;

NATIONALS OF THE COUNTRIES LISTED BELOW REQUIRE REFERRED VISAS – APPLICATIONS ARE SENT TO NAIROBI FOR APPROVAL
I dint list the countries but 9ija did.

There's a difference between a kenyan applying for a nigerian visa and a nigerian applying for a kenyan one.Don't get mixed up.

If you need clarification, call the embassy. Even if I post anything right here I would still refer you to the embassy.
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by kennybuda: 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2012
Thanks to all my cousin is already with me here in europe, this is how he made it to kenya he bought kenya tickect from kenyan airways desk in lagos 2 ways to jomo kenyata airport nairobi that was where he got his visa at the point of entry cheers.
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by ibrak200: 5:36pm On Mar 01, 2012
How much is the ticket from nigeria to kenya.
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by Dyt(f): 6:50pm On Mar 01, 2012
^ depends on ur date
bt d cheapest i got wz Rwanda air
goes for 96k
Re: Kenya Visa Needed by ibrak200: 12:58pm On Mar 07, 2012
Okey thanks. But tell me how is the life there.is it good there or is it a place you can make money ?

(1) (Reply)

Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. / How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? / Max Air Suspended By NCAA Over Safety Infractions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.