Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? (23198 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister / Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima / Presidency Silent On Patience Jonathans Whereabouts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by ceejayluv(m): 9:53am On Jan 14, 2012
Na by force to protest?? Ok, we support the fuel subsidy removal. Are you satisfied now?

Do Remember in Imo during the Last elections when the people virually Occupied owerri? Youths slept outside the INEC office till we got what we wanted- a change in governance and a knock-out on corruption.

If the protests were strictly against corruption in govt, we would have done the same. But majority of the protesters in sw and north only want the fuel price to be reverted to #65 and  THAT IS A RETROGRESSIVE STANCE!
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by ceah(m): 9:57am On Jan 14, 2012
Ogugua88,  I Love your sense of reasoning, i added you on FB. Accept, cornelius,
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by maasoap(m): 10:12am On Jan 14, 2012
Shame on you people, Ibos!!! You thought this protest would not achieve anything but Yorubas and Hausas have proved it that power belongs to the people, at least in democratic dispensation. Those who died didn't die for nothing as most coward Ibos taunted. And we will use this miscalculation of yours to taunt you on nairaland for many months, years to come. Shame on Seun too, who failed to see another SAP in the making. Remember, many countries are now practising mixed economy, you can't just leave masses faith and everything in the hands of few greedy capitalists in the name of deregulation and development. If GEJ really wants development, he should tackle corruption. Subsidy for 160m people is not a burden, corruption is.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Chinom(m): 10:30am On Jan 14, 2012
@Sam-Ikenna, i totally understand and agree with your point. This hate towards the Igbos is an expression of the deep rooted and unquenching love for the Igbos by other Nigerian Tribes. How the hell do you keep asking a people to leave, but when they wanted to leave, when it seemed possible that they could actually leave, the Yorubas and Hausas did everything within their powers, including asking Britain for help to prevent the Igbos from leaving. THEY WANTED AND STILL WANT TO KEEP US IN NIGERIA AT ALL COST.
Nigeria will be one boring place without the Igbos. Awo gave every Igboman 20 pounds sterling after the war. it does not matter if you had 5,000, 10,000, or even 20,000 pounds in your bank account, which many Igbos had at that time in Lagos, Kano and Kaduna.
Despite that, the Igbos bounced back big time. That resilience does not go down well with the Yorubas. At the same time, they would not want to see  the Igbos leave.
The kind of protests shown on the TV is for low life creeps. You don't see that kind of protest in the western world. With people burning cars, tires and looting shops (Igbo shops) in Lagos. The average Igbo man stands above that.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by oduasolja: 12:03pm On Jan 14, 2012
Chinom:

@Sam-Ikenna, i totally understand and agree with your point. This hate towards the Igbos is an expression of the deep rooted and unquenching love for the Igbos by other Nigerian Tribes. How the hell do you keep asking a people to leave, but when they wanted to leave, when it seemed possible that they could actually leave, the Yorubas and Hausas did everything within their powers, including asking Britain for help to prevent the Igbos from leaving. THEY WANTED AND STILL WANT TO KEEP US IN NIGERIA AT ALL COST.
Nigeria will be one boring place without the Igbos. Awo gave every Igboman 20 pounds sterling after the war. it does not matter if you had 5,000, 10,000, or even 20,000 pounds in your bank account, which many Igbos had at that time in Lagos, Kano and Kaduna.
Despite that, the Igbos bounced back big time. That resilience does not go down well with the Yorubas. At the same time, they would not want to see  the Igbos leave.
The kind of protests shown on the TV is for low life creeps. You don't see that kind of protest in the western world. With people burning cars, tires and looting shops (Igbo shops) in Lagos. The average Igbo man stands above that.

another delusional igbo. u forgot the part where u stole Nigerias oil. afterall  is eastern Nigeria igboland ??/ is the oil in ijaw land igbo ? so why are u claiming it.

so you want to kidnap other people and their lands, but u dey complain say nigeria did not allow u to leave ??

u dey craze.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by goldfx2: 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2012
PEOPLE ARE NOT PROTESTING COS THEY THINK ITS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED .ITS JUST BAD THAT SINCE 1960 we have been suffering from bad leadership.  i dont expect anything good from the present Government cos i dont think the have what its takes to make things right in this country  .  IMAGINE A PRESIDIENT BEING AFRAID OF A GROUP OF THIEFS CALLED OIL CABAL, THATS IS VERY BAD.   THE FG IS NOW MAKING THE MASSES TO PAY SUBSIDY TO THE OIL CABAL,   AM FROM AKWA IBOM , NOBODY IS PROTESTING COS even if the price of fuel is sold at N30  ,  without GOVERNMENT FIGHTING CORRUPTION NOTIN WILL CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.

THE MAIN PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY ARE CAUSED BY IBB,  ABACHA AND OBJ    .  GOODLUCK IS JUST UNLUCKY TO COME AT  A TIME WHEN NIGERIANS HAVE FULLY REALIZE THEY NEED POSITIVE CHANGE THANKS TO OBAMA.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Yeske2(m): 12:51pm On Jan 14, 2012
Would you guys stop all the hate? Damn!
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Dede1(m): 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
maasoap:

Shame on you people, Ibos!!! You thought this protest would not achieve anything but Yorubas and Hausas have proved it that power belongs to the people, at least in democratic dispensation. Those who died didn't die for nothing as most coward Ibos taunted. And we will use this miscalculation of yours to taunt you on nairaland for many months, years to come. Shame on Seun too, who failed to see another SAP in the making. Remember, many countries are now practising mixed economy, you can't just leave masses faith and everything in the hands of few greedy capitalists in the name of deregulation and development. If GEJ really wants development, he should tackle corruption. Subsidy for 160m people is not a burden, corruption is.

Has it occurred to a conniving dullard such as you that Ndigbo wanted, among other things, disintegration of Nigeria? You can shove the cesspit called Nigeria into your dumbass for a change.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by herobest: 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2012
DEAR ODUASOJA, another delusional igbo. u forgot the part where u stole Nigerias oil. afterall  is eastern Nigeria igboland Huh??/ is the oil in ijaw land igbo Huh? so why are u claiming it.

so you want to kidnap other people and their lands, but u dey complain say nigeria did not allow u to leave ??

u dey craze.

THE PROBLEM WITH THIS OFE MMANU YORUBA PEOPLE IS JEALOUS AT HIGH SEA,
YOU ARE SO DUMB THAT YOU FAIL TO KNOW THAT IMO & ABIA ARE PART OF OIL PRODUCING STATE IN NIGERIA WHICH IS AS WELL IBO LAND, OR DO U WANT TO STOLE THOSE STATES FROM US? GO & DO RESEARCH WELL WELL.WE IBOS ARE AMONG OIL STATE TRIBE IN NIGERIA IF U DONOT KNOW, SINCE WE WANT TO STOLE DELTA IGBO, IJAW IBO COMMUNITY FROM NIGERIA,NO WAHALA, YOU ARE DUMB 7 NEED A BLIND MIND TO TELL U THAT IJAW MAN ANSWERING IKECHUKWU,OKECHUKWU,CHIBUZO,IFEANYICHUKWU,OLISE ETC DO NOT HAVE IBO BLOOD BLOOD IN THEIR VEIN, THATS WHY JEALOUSY WAS TAOO UNA TRAIT.because U WILL DIE SEEING IBO AS AN OIL TRIBE.U BETTER GO&DIE because YOU CAN NOT STEAL IMO & ABIA FROM  AS AN OIL STATE, LAZY YORUBA SET OF PEOPLE.THATS WHY YOUR PEOPLE SEIZED POWER FROM US SINCE INDEPENDENT,&CAUSE ANENDLESS CORRUPTION,EATING DEEPLY IN OUR SOCIETY TODAY.YET,U PEOPLE REFUSED US  DISINTEGRATING FROM NIGERIA.Because,you people always believe youruba & hausa own Nigeria, while other tribals are spectators.Thats why u people are so dull &lazy that ibo dominate almost every business sectors in lagos, Thats why u people see millions Ibo people made,through hardwork,husstle &called us Ritualist tribe because ur lazy brain now allow u believe ibos are husstling &hardworking  tribe any place they found themselves in.But the bottom truth is,Nigeria well succumb the day ibo we disintegrate from her.By that time,u peole will know how important we are.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by herobest: 1:15pm On Jan 14, 2012
PEOPLE ARE NOT PROTESTING COS THEY THINK ITS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED .ITS JUST BAD THAT SINCE 1960 we have been suffering from bad leadership. i dont expect anything good from the present Government cos i dont think the have what its takes to make things right in this country . IMAGINE A PRESIDIENT BEING AFRAID OF A GROUP OF THIEFS CALLED OIL CABAL, THATS IS VERY BAD. THE FG IS NOW MAKING THE MASSES TO PAY SUBSIDY TO THE OIL CABAL, AM FROM AKWA IBOM , NOBODY IS PROTESTING COS even if the price of fuel is sold at N30 , without GOVERNMENT FIGHTING CORRUPTION NOTIN WILL CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.

THE MAIN PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY ARE CAUSED BY IBB, ABACHA AND OBJ . GOODLUCK IS JUST UNLUCKY TO COME AT A TIME WHEN NIGERIANS HAVE FULLY REALIZE THEY NEED POSITIVE CHANGE THANKS TO OBAMA.

GBAM U HVE SAID IT ALL
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2012
@Ogugua

Ogugua, you fight for a Nigeria that never existed and that may never exist. If you have experienced riots, seen innocent lives dropped in your presence, participated in community vigilante to keep Barbarians at arms length; then you will understand my grievances. The protest is not fundamentally sound. I used to be very critical of GEJ and his advisers; but the fact that the protest has been hijacked by opportunists shows how incompetent it is and that has shifted my view favorably towards him. Although the subsidy removal sound good in the long run, the timing and implementation was off course and also considering the security situation in the country. He has good intentions. But does only good intentions bring change? No. People are reporting increase in electricity supply. First time in the history of this country. If they wanted to protest, why don't they go OCCUPY NASS and the SENATE?  The real seat of corruption. I am not a pessimist neither am I an optimist in this sense, I am just being a pragmatist.

Tunde Bakare that is trying too hard to be Martin Luther king of his time. The barbaric and senseless Alabama and other bombings against African Americans changed the Rev King drastically and made him know his battles. where was Pastor Bakare's UTTERMOST outraged with the carnage on innocent Christians? Did he visit the Madalla bombing site? I don't think so, does he have the Guts? He is doing his masters bidding. He is soooo bitter because his dream of becoming Vice president was shattered by the people's will. I am sick and tired of people using Igbo's as scape goats. Damned if we do; damned if we don't. There was also a thread raised by a bigot here about how Igbo's are the cause of problems in South Africa. These cowards even went to the extent of commenting on widely read South African newspapers like Sowetan about a particular ethnic group in Nigeria, as if they too don't have their own set of spoilers. Instead of address it as a Nigerian thing, these so called educated set of people tried so hard to paint us red. It wasn't the first time something like that has happened. Are these the set of betrayers and saboteurs you want me to join? Once bitten, twice shy, my friend.

The Boka Haram of today is not the ones of yesterday. I used to share your view about how the sect constituted a very tiny minority. According to what they said, they have changed their STRATEGY. Specifically targeting Christians and Ndigbo to send their message across. That is uncalled for and unacceptable. Coupled with the deafening silence from Northern leaders as[b] ONLYTRUTH[/b] and [b]Chima12 [/b]pointed out. On numerous occasions, innocent victims of their barbaric acts have been mocked constantly on this forum by certain group of people trying to score cheap political points. I don't believe in negotiating with terrorist groups who think very less of human lives no matter where they come from. These people can go extra miles. And the fact that majority of Northerners are illiterate gives them free will and hand to infiltrate the system and poison the minds of lower strata of their society. They still mainly operate within the Northeast axis, by the time they bring their carnage to main cities in the North like Kano, Katsina, Sokoto by causing mayhem, then we may have reached the point of no return. I still have faith in these states, because they are the North you are hearing about with the largest share of educated Hausas and the very prominent ones you hear about often on National news; the likes of Dangote, Dantata, Sanusi( grandson of the Emir), Kabo, Buhari, Yar Adua and many others. I am afraid political Islam is taking root in Nigeria just like other North African countries are experiencing now, and they would want to spread their proxy wars down here to gain much influence. BH ought to be curtailed fast like Maitatsineelse back in the 80's or kiss the fragile peace you know today BYE BYE.

I have seen and experienced a lot of things, to make me an ardent Igbo fanatic and a Biafran nationalist. Despite that, I still believed in the future of Nigeria. My grandpa whose properties were confiscated and stolen after the war in Rivers and wasn't paid his dues after working for Shell didn't cloud my sense of reasoning. In addition to that, I can attest to people in our Mba who were killed or paralyzed by bombs left years after the end of the war. I told the experienced ones that we - the young generation- can Right the past for the betterment of one Nigeria. And they would say, we won't understand. Most times, what an experienced person can see sitting down; an inexperienced person can't see standing on top of mount everest. There was no real closure in the aftermath of the war by the Nigerian state. Neither were there a concrete sense of reconciliation from the side of the aggressors. Instead, there has been systematic and institutional discrimination. It is enshrined in the constitution, that every Nigerian has the right to reside anywhere he or she feels like. Why is the reverse becoming the case? Why are innocent men targeted for just trying to provide for their families? Why are their families allowed to go through the cycle of fear and lose? Is subsidy and the higgledy piggledy of the self centered protest going on in the streets more important than HUMAN LIVES? Do you care of subsidy than you do of innocent human blood being butchered with impunity? I need answers to these questions. But I seem not to be getting them. It has shifted my views Drastically and will continue to do so, if this madness of misplaced priorities continues.

As much as we all like to admire these great men( Ghandi, Mandela and Rev King), they didn't preach and ventilate COMPLACENCY. It is a destructive concept and already taking root in the societies they sacrificed for. The Indian caste system is still practically in place. The African Americans seem to have lost their sense of purpose; hence they are disproportionally unemployed, social and political awareness in tarters due to too much emphasis on baseless entertainment and quest for materialism. Their communities and social fabric is in disarray, go to places like Detriot, Campton, LA and see for yourself. Is that what King fought for? Complacency? Where is the Harlem Renaissance of the 21century? Who will lead it? The older crop of their leaders are aged and gradually kicking the bucket. The South African society is fundamentally fractured; hence, the xenophobic attacks that ensued in 2008 against fellow black Africans that stood firm FOR them during their predicaments at the hands of a wicked few. Will Mandela do everything for them? He is only mortal and has DONE his part.

Thomas Jefferson highlighted this Complacency about America when he said:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

This quote is being manifested today after more than 200years.

As long as we continue to misplace our priorities in this country. Nigeria will continue to be a fleeting illusion. Instead of put my life on the line for her when she has never been ready. Why not reserve it for a more noble cause of defending our people when the time is right and necessary. One very thing I love about Ndigbo is that we honor our heroes. Just like every Ndigbo will be forever grateful to Ojukwu because he spoke for us when we needed it most.

You may see it as blabbing. I don't wish to make you see things my way. I just wanted to highlight how deep the issues at hand are. Each day that passes by, I am still trying to decipher. I hope I don't say Good Morning to you in time to come, knowing quite well that it is Afternoon.

Shalom cool.

@OnlyTruth

Eze, Your words are always full of wisdom. Take it easy with her.

Udo diri gi smiley.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by NellyNaira: 1:59pm On Jan 14, 2012
Its so sad.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by ak47mann(m): 2:23pm On Jan 14, 2012
Dede1:

Has it occurred to a conniving dullard such as you that Ndigbo wanted, among other things, disintegration of Nigeria? You can shove the cesspit called Nigeria into your dumbass for a change.
grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by kinguwem: 2:27pm On Jan 14, 2012
I've observed the ongoing events in the country and concluded that most Nigerians especially the elites and the labour leaders are hypocrites. With this kind of people, the country will never develop. The major problem of the country is lack of patriotism. Unpatriotic fellows don't love their fellow citizens. They are corrupt and destructive. They close down companies and sponsor religious and ethnic crises. What is the problem with deregulation? Most of the people on the streets don't know what deregulation is despite attempts to enlighten them. I'm not surprised that the very people on the streets are not protesting against corruption, ethnic cleansing in the north and the jumbo pay of politicians. None of them has protested against the mismanagement of resources by their various states and local governments. Nigeria consists of a lot of cankerworms who contribute nothing to the wealth of the nation but are desperate to share and loot the resources at their disposal. These people don't care about the future generation because they have gathered enough wealth for their families. There are no serious protests in most places because the masses have not spoken. Most of the people on the streets are unproductive civil servants and agents of the fuel cabal and opposition parties.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by ak47mann(m): 2:27pm On Jan 14, 2012
only-truth biko take it easy on her pls cool from her history, i read a lot of meaning to it DALU cool
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by oduasolja: 2:28pm On Jan 14, 2012
herobest:

DEAR ODUASOJA, another delusional igbo. u forgot the part where u stole Nigerias oil. afterall  is eastern Nigeria igboland Huh??/ is the oil in ijaw land igbo Huh? so why are u claiming it.

u dey craze.

YOU ARE SO DUMB THAT YOU FAIL TO KNOW THAT IMO & ABIA ARE PART OF OIL PRODUCING STATE IN NIGERIA WHICH IS AS WELL IBO LAND, OR DO U WANT TO STOLE THOSE STATES FROM US? GO & DO RESEARCH WELL WELL.WE IBOS ARE AMONG OIL STATE TRIBE IN NIGERIA IF U DONOT KNOW, SINCE WE WANT TO STOLE DELTA IGBO, IJAW IBO COMMUNITY FROM NIGERIA,NO WAHALA, YOU ARE DUMB 7 NEED A BLIND MIND TO TELL U THAT IJAW MAN ANSWERING IKECHUKWU,OKECHUKWU,CHIBUZO,IFEANYICHUKWU,OLISE ETC DO NOT HAVE IBO BLOOD BLOOD IN THEIR VEIN, THATS WHY JEALOUSY WAS TAOO UNA TRAIT.because U WILL DIE SEEING IBO AS AN OIL TRIBE.U BETTER GO&DIE because YOU CAN NOT STEAL IMO & ABIA FROM  AS AN OIL STATE, LAZY YORUBA SET OF PEOPLE.THATS WHY YOUR PEOPLE SEIZED POWER FROM US SINCE INDEPENDENT,&CAUSE ANENDLESS CORRUPTION,EATING DEEPLY IN OUR SOCIETY TODAY.YET,U PEOPLE REFUSED US  DISINTEGRATING FROM NIGERIA.Because,you people always believe youruba & hausa own Nigeria, while other tribals are spectators.Thats why u people are so dull &lazy that ibo dominate almost every business sectors in lagos, Thats why u people see millions Ibo people made,through hardwork,husstle &called us Ritualist tribe because your lazy brain now allow u believe ibos are husstling &hardworking  tribe any place they found themselves in.But the bottom truth is,Nigeria well succumb the day ibo we disintegrate from her.By that time,u peole will know how important we are.

shut up. nobody is contesting whether there is oil in igbo land or not .  the question is why do u feel u have a right to control ijaw land and efik land and  minority lands are those your lands ??

our people seized power u dumb simpleton, was it not ur bastard officers that violently seized power in their so called revolutionary coup.

and those of u praying for nigerias disintegration u better be ready to go back to your village and your village alone. u dont feed anybody. Bleep u.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by oduasolja: 2:33pm On Jan 14, 2012
Dede1:

well ndigbo better be ready to live in ala igbo and ala igbo alone . if you all are interested in the break up of the country. cus nobody owes u their land.

your leader tried to be clever the last time , trying to hold on to other peoples land. well , too bad it did not work.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Gbawe: 2:44pm On Jan 14, 2012
goldfx2:

[b] GOODLUCK IS JUST UNLUCKY TO COME AT  A TIME WHEN NIGERIANS HAVE FULLY REALIZE THEY NEED POSITIVE CHANGE [/b]THANKS TO OBAMA.

My guy, the importance of what you say here cannot be overstated. Goodluck gained the Presidency in an age of social consciousness. There is nothing personal against Mr. President and it is indeed very simplistic and ignorant for conspiracy theorist to hold that professionally and personally successful Nigerians, who have stood up for the nation always, i.e the likes of Femi Falana and Wole Soyinka, are carrying out a "Yoruba" agenda. I personally find that offensive. Nigerians, like most worldwide, are now just extremely resentful over the old order of elitist injustice and greed their nation is built upon !!!!! We can all blame the leaders of others but the facts remain that all ordinary Nigerians are sharing the poverty these leaders delivered while they and their fellow "owners of Nigeria", from all corners of Nigeria, are stupendously wealthy.

I spoke against GEJ because, from day one, I knew he was wrong for Nigeria and would be DOA (dead on arrival) because of how he was being soponsored into power by those who want a retention of the status quo. Ordinarily, Nigerians should get together to fight the menace of corruption but I agree it is the prerogative of some to refrain from protesting as long as they do not give silly, extremely patronising, paranoid and logic-defying reasons along the line that they won't join the Yoruba and Fulani "plot" to bring GEJ down because he is "blocking" their "parasitic" access to "free oil". Nothing could be more divorced from reality because the owners of Nigeria , from all corners of the nation, are laughing all the way to the bank while poverty is the uniting factor for ordinary Nigerians .

Below, for example, is the common enemy of all of us, a close associate of GEJ, we must all fight together instead of the simplistic and feudalistic recourse to ethnic bias that leads some to conclude issues boil down to Yoruba and Fulani parasitism. Those failing to see what GEJ is , because he is from their region or because his name is Ebele, are the ones doing Nigeria a disservice.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria%E2%80%99s-attorney-general-adoke-web-corruption-admits-ownership-bank-accounts

Nigeria’s Attorney General Adoke In Web Of Corruption; Admits Ownership Of Bank Accounts

revelations of his financial shenanigans.  [size=18pt]iReports.ng has released more devastating
information about Mr. Adoke’s ties to and financial involvement with several companies
that have ripped Nigerians off in fuel subsidy scams.
[/size]

The site reported that some of Mr. Adoke's close allies, infuriated with his despicable
role to put down the on-going nationwide strike in the country, have provided documents
that lay bare the minister's stupendous wealth hidden in over 25 blue chip companies in
Nigeria – including firms that have reaped fraudulent profits from the contentious oil
subsidy funds.

A rundown of the documents made available to ireports-ng.com reveal that Mr. Adoke is
a major investor in Oando Oil, a firm that gulped down more than N228 billion out of the
N1.4 trillion shared by about 100 oil marketers between January and August, 2011. The
website’s investigation indicated that the Justice Minister owns an investment of about
N1.5 billion in Oando Oil PLC.

Other documents also show that Mr. Adoke has a major investment stake in Eterna Oil
which raked in about N5.57 billion from the fuel subsidy bonanza. In addition to N1 billion investment in Eterna, the minister also has N2 billion tucked in a company called
Novasys Ltd.

[size=18pt]A top-level political source in Abuja who is close to President Goodluck Jonathan told
SaharaReporters today that the attorney general’s cozy relationship with some of the oil
marketers was the reason the government has refused to pursue the option of prosecuting
fraudulent profiteers who have cheated Nigerians of hundreds of billions of naira in the
name of fuel subsidy.
[/size]
[size=18pt]“Mohammed [Adoke] and others in government are getting their share of the subsidy
funds – and that’s why nobody is talking about trying those defrauding the system,” said
the source.
[/size]

Mr. Adoke’s corrupt deals also extend to the banking, telecommunications and real estate
sectors. Reliable informants reveal that the minister has extensive investments in major
banks in the country. Some of them include about N400 million in Oceanic Bank; N200
million in UAC properties; about N20 million in Guaranty Trust Bank; about N360
million in Access Bank; about $400,000 US dollars in MTN; about N1 billion in Japaul Oil & Maritime; about N15 million in Bank PHB; about N100 million in First Bank; about N20 million in FCMB, and about N6 million in Unity Bank PLC.

Saharareporters had earlier exposed Mr. Adoke’s central role in pushing the Central
Bank of Nigeria to pay a businessman and associate of the minister an outrageous sum to
purchase a NITEL property that the businessman had bought cheap from the government.

Following our earlier report about the minister’s bank accounts, a source in one of the
banks revealed that Mr. Adoke had initiated moves to deplete his funds in the bank.

Other sources disclosed that Mr. Adoke owns more than 30 luxury vehicles that he has
purchased in the last three years alone. In addition he owns several landed properties in
Abuja. A source in the Ministry of Justice told SaharaReporters “it is well known that
the minister collects money, cars and cash from individuals and corporations on whose
behalf he subverts the course of justice.”
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by ak47mann(m): 2:45pm On Jan 14, 2012
haters should face their old broken mirrors on their bad unhealthy buildings with bad foundation and smelly licking water coming from all the corners of their walls,(including face me i face u) while facing your dirty mirror make sure you drink two table spoons of OTA PIA PIA and die looking like these

hoping for abandon properties lazy people,that one na blood to blood, we rather blow up all those buildings b/4 we leave is better that way cool

Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by oduasolja: 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2012
Diligence:

Sam_Ikenna

I'm Igbo, do I really have a right? yes
My ethnic group is Igbo, do my people have a right to choose their country? not if it extends beyond ancestral igbo land
I'm a christian, can I worship as I deem fit? yes

If you say yes to the above then why are you hounding me over subsidy protest? Why are you angry at me for leaving in 1967? Why are you killing me in the north even when I was fleeing for  my "landlocked" homeland?

You won the war, you have all the states and local government areas, you have the army, you have the navy, you have FCT, you have taken most of oil producing Igbo communities out of Igboland, you killed 50,000 of my people in 2 months (1966 pogrom), you killed over 2 million (your lot killed over 200,000 Nigerians dont forget that)of my people when you declared war on us for daring to leave you (but you wanted to leave with non igbo land and oil ?!?!?!?!), you rigged the census and have continued unabated, you gave my people 20 pounds, you have no federal presence in my land, you systematically purged my people from civil service(prove  it)after the civil war, you created hate between my people and their neighbours, you designated my people's property as abandon, and you have all the presidency to yourself before and after the civil war. You have it ALLLL! You don't need me! Leave me alone, please I beg you leave me alone! What more do you want from me?  

The pain I bear you don't know, the humiliation you brought to me you don't realize, the anger in me is better left unleashed, please let me be.

In my heart of hearts I wished you would leave me and at least enjoy your war booty but I have come to understand that the reason you refused to leave me alone is not because you are inherently bad, its not because you are perpetually evil, no its not. The reason you have refused to leave me alone is because you are incapable of doing so.

You may gloat on my pains, anger, loss, etc but I will forgive you. However, the humiliation and shame you brought to me is personal and will carry consequences. I counted my losses very very long time ago and during that time I stopped crying, I stopped seeking for your justice, I stopped believing in you, I knew I was on my own and embraced my fate, I knew you owed me in material terms(owe u what are the rest of us landless), I knew you owed me in blood and tears, and then, and then, I knew that someday I would find you and I would reciprocate your "kindness" knowing you wouldn't consider it personal.
*********************  Bros, God so made it that just as the world can't be better off without the Jews, so also Nigeria will never survive without NDI-IGBO(dummy, does ndiigbo feed Nigeria??) It is written.

Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by oduasolja: 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2012
ak47mann:

haters should face their old broken mirrors on their bad unhealthy buildings with bad foundation and smelly licking water from all the corners of their walls,(including face me i face u) while facing your dirty mirror make sure you drink two table spoons of OTA PIA PIA and die looking like these

hoping for abandon properties lazy people,that one na blood to blood, we rather blow up all those buildings b/4 we leave is better that way cool

why dont u fix up your rubbish cities like aba before u talk about other peoples land.

ungrateful wrench.

abandoned property my ass.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 14, 2012
ak47mann:

haters should face their old broken mirrors on their bad unhealthy buildings with bad foundation and smelly licking water from all the corners of their walls,(including face me i face u) while facing your dirty mirror make sure you drink two table spoons of OTA PIA PIA and die looking like these

You are one funny dude.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 14, 2012
oduasolja:

why dont u fix up your rubbish cities like aba before u talk about other peoples land.

ungrateful wrench.

abandoned property my Bottom.

You Snitch! We are not doing your dirty bidding. You can go and hang for all we care. NOW, 
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by 1luvkipsus: 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2012
I think they are more educated than their northern counterparts.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by aljharem(m): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2012
1luvkipsus:

I think they are more educated than their northern counterparts.

LOL they are more educated and yet they don't know how to protest for their right ?

some of you people are funny
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by noiseless: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2012
Thank you bro Sam_Ikenna for tge great piece,the world is watching.
Diligence:

Great Piece from Sam_Ikenna

I'm Igbo, do I really have a right?
My ethnic group is Igbo, do my people have a right to choose their country?
I'm a christian, can I worship as I deem fit?

If you say yes to the above then why are you hounding me over subsidy protest? Why are you angry at me for leaving in 1967? Why are you killing me in the north even when I was fleeing for my "landlocked" homeland?

You won the war, you have all the states and local government areas, you have the army, you have the navy, you have FCT, you have taken most of oil producing Igbo communities out of Igboland, you killed 50,000 of my people in 2 months (1966 pogrom), you killed over 2 million of my people when you declared war on us for daring to leave you, you rigged the census and have continued unabated, you gave my people 20 pounds, you have no federal presence in my land, you systematically purged my people from civil service after the civil war, you created hate between my people and their neighbours, you designated my people's property as abandon, and you have all the presidency to yourself before and after the civil war. You have it ALLLL! You don't need me! Leave me alone, please I beg you leave me alone! What more do you want from me?

The pain I bear you don't know, the humiliation you brought to me you don't realize, the anger in me is better left unleashed, please let me be.

In my heart of hearts I wished you would leave me and at least enjoy your war booty but I have come to understand that the reason you refused to leave me alone is not because you are inherently bad, its not because you are perpetually evil, no its not. The reason you have refused to leave me alone is because you are incapable of doing so.

You may gloat on my pains, anger, loss, etc but I will forgive you. However, the humiliation and shame you brought to me is personal and will carry consequences. I counted my losses very very long time ago and during that time I stopped crying, I stopped seeking for your justice, I stopped believing in you, I knew I was on my own and embraced my fate, I knew you owed me in material terms, I knew you owed me in blood and tears, and then, and then, I knew that someday I would find you and I would reciprocate your "kindness" knowing you wouldn't consider it personal.
********************* Bros, God so made it that just as the world can't be better off without the Jews, so also Nigeria will never survive without NDI-IGBO. It is written.

Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Afam4eva(m): 4:16pm On Jan 14, 2012
Subscribing. I'll air my mind later.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by aljharem(m): 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2012
afam4eva:

Subscribing. I'll air my mind later.

subscribe to this sort of hateful thread ? undecided A thread that should have been deleted or moved

I hope your air would not be a fuel to reignite the fire
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by stayreal: 4:36pm On Jan 14, 2012
herobest:

u dey craze.

YOU ARE SO DUMB THAT YOU FAIL TO KNOW THAT IMO & ABIA ARE PART OF OIL PRODUCING STATE IN NIGERIA WHICH IS AS WELL IBO LAND, OR DO U WANT TO STOLE THOSE STATES FROM US? GO & DO RESEARCH WELL WELL.WE IBOS ARE AMONG OIL STATE TRIBE IN NIGERIA IF U DONOT KNOW, SINCE WE WANT TO STOLE DELTA IGBO, IJAW IBO COMMUNITY FROM NIGERIA,NO WAHALA, YOU ARE DUMB 7 NEED A BLIND MIND TO TELL U THAT IJAW MAN ANSWERING IKECHUKWU,OKECHUKWU,CHIBUZO,IFEANYICHUKWU,OLISE ETC DO NOT HAVE IBO BLOOD BLOOD IN THEIR VEIN, THATS WHY JEALOUSY WAS TAOO UNA TRAIT.because U WILL DIE SEEING IBO AS AN OIL TRIBE.U BETTER GO&DIE because YOU CAN NOT STEAL IMO & ABIA FROM  AS AN OIL STATE, LAZY YORUBA SET OF PEOPLE.THATS WHY YOUR PEOPLE SEIZED POWER FROM US SINCE INDEPENDENT,&CAUSE ANENDLESS CORRUPTION,EATING DEEPLY IN OUR SOCIETY TODAY.YET,U PEOPLE REFUSED US  DISINTEGRATING FROM NIGERIA.Because,you people always believe youruba & hausa own Nigeria, while other tribals are spectators.Thats why u people are so dull &lazy that ibo dominate almost every business sectors in lagos, Thats why u people see millions Ibo people made,through hardwork,husstle &called us Ritualist tribe because your lazy brain now allow u believe ibos are husstling &hardworking  tribe any place they found themselves in.But the bottom truth is,Nigeria well succumb the day ibo we disintegrate from her.By that time,u peole will know how important we are.

TKO like Mike Tyson! smiley There is no oil in Yorubaland. grin Ijaws and the Igbos will enjoy the OIL when we split from this cursed nation. cool

BBC has the proof here in this map

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16510922

That is why these people want to keep Nigeria one. They are angry sad embarassed cry
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Whytdot(f): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2012
Its really sad dt d ppl of Nigeria fyt lyk dis. Evry tribe wants to prove dt it's beta dan d oda. Nigeria will collapse in no tym if we continue lyk diz. So much hatred jeez! I weep for my country!!!
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:48pm On Jan 14, 2012
alj harem:

LOL they are more educated and yet they don't know how to protest for their right ?

some of you people are funny
There really are a lot of hare-brained, numbskulls on this embarrassing forum. You do realize it's the inalienable right of people to make an informed choice in the democracy we purport to practise. What exactly do other regions have to teach about protests - how to destroy lives and property, loot and extort civilians getting on with their lives (my mum's windscreen was damaged by hoodlums in Lagos when she was going to visit my sick aunt and she STILL had to pay agberos) and generally behave like savages while compelling everyone irrespective of their opinions to join their mob action.

For the record, I'm against the fuel subsidy removal but I have a lot of friends who support GEJ and their opinions are no less valid than yours. I know for a fact the organized private sector and civil service in the East are largely shut down - so the fact some traders aren't behaving like the hoodlums in other regions hijacking, inflaming and looking to exploit the strike for their dubious ends makes us some kind of traitors.

Igbophobia truly exists. Anything we do must have spurious links to money even though the potential drain on their resources is the main reason most are protesting the subsidy removal. Bunch of cretinous, bigotted retärds that post drivel on this forum abound everywhere. What a shame.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by noiseless: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2012
The funny thing is you called yourself "ODUA/ODUDUWASOLDJA"yet you are dying making noise about oil"NIGERIA OIL"by the way when did a yoruba man become the spokesperson for IJAWS? "OWNERS OF NIGERIA" GREEDY OIL THIEVES, why dont you go and do some coacoa farming and demand the FG to subsidise things such as MILO,BORNVITA for everyone even for one week or use the revenue to develop other part of the country and not just lagos and abuja? Guy quit beating yourself up like a headless chicken it's not good for your health.
oduasolja:

another delusional igbo. u forgot the part where u stole Nigerias oil. afterall  is eastern Nigeria igboland ??/ is the oil in ijaw land igbo ? so why are u claiming it.

u dey craze.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Nigeria And Neighbours Chad, Cameroon And Niger Celebrate Victories / Olisa Metuh Docked As Trial Continues / Buhari Sends Letter Of Condolence To Sule Lamido Over His Daughter' Death (READ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.