Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,241 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? (23197 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister / Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima / Presidency Silent On Patience Jonathans Whereabouts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by stayreal: 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2012
noiseless:

The funny thing is you called yourself "ODUA/ODUDUWASOLDJA"yet you are dying making noise about oil"NIGERIA OIL"by the way when did a yoruba man become the spokesperson for IJAWS? "OWNERS OF NIGERIA" GREEDY OIL THIEVES, why dont you go and do some coacoa farming and demand the FG to subsidise things such as MILO,BORNVITA for everyone even for one week or use the revenue to develop other part of the country and not just lagos and abuja? Guy quit beating yourself up like a headless chicken it's not good for your health.

Don't mind these evil people. Only an evil man justifies taking what is not theirs and the killing of innocent people.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2012
Igbo people value their life more than Armajiris grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by FACE(m): 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

I'm Igbo, do I really have a right?
My ethnic group is Igbo, do my people have a right to choose their country?
I'm a christian, can I worship as I deem fit?

If you say yes to the above then why are you hounding me over subsidy protest? Why are you angry at me for leaving in 1967? Why are you killing me in the north even when I was fleeing for  my "landlocked" homeland?

You won the war, you have all the states and local government areas, you have the army, you have the navy, you have FCT, you have taken most of oil producing Igbo communities out of Igboland, you killed 50,000 of my people in 2 months (1966 pogrom), you killed over 2 million of my people when you declared war on us for daring to leave you, you rigged the census and have continued unabated, you gave my people 20 pounds, you have no federal presence in my land, you systematically purged my people from civil service after the civil war, you created hate between my people and their neighbours, you designated my people's property as abandon, and you have all the presidency to yourself before and after the civil war. You have it ALLLL! You don't need me! Leave me alone, please I beg you leave me alone! What more do you want from me?  

The pain I bear you don't know, the humiliation you brought to me you don't realize, the anger in me is better left unleashed, please let me be.

In my heart of hearts I wished you would leave me and at least enjoy your war booty but I have come to understand that the reason you refused to leave me alone is not because you are inherently bad, its not because you are perpetually evil, no its not. The reason you have refused to leave me alone is because you are incapable of doing so.

You may gloat on my pains, anger, loss, etc but I will forgive you. However, the humiliation and shame you brought to me is personal and will carry consequences. I counted my losses very very long time ago and during that time I stopped crying, I stopped seeking for your justice, I stopped believing in you, I knew I was on my own and embraced my fate, I knew you owed me in material terms, I knew you owed me in blood and tears, and then, and then, I knew that someday I would find you and I would reciprocate your "kindness" knowing you wouldn't consider it personal.

Dalu.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by aljharem(m): 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2012
People need to watch this video and know why nigerian are tired of the same old corrupt system

watch and learn

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAoLBCmB_Ms&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBOFGDFyz1I[/flash]
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by emmatok(m): 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2012
noiseless:

The funny thing is you called yourself "ODUA/ODUDUWASOLDJA"yet you are dying making noise about oil"NIGERIA OIL"by the way when did a yoruba man become the spokesperson for IJAWS? "OWNERS OF NIGERIA" GREEDY OIL THIEVES, why dont you go and do some coacoa farming and demand the FG to subsidise things such as MILO,BORNVITA for everyone even for one week or use the revenue to develop other part of the country and not just lagos and abuja? Guy quit beating yourself up like a headless chicken it's not good for your health.

HA HA,

Funny one.

What was Nigeria source of income before Oil came in.

The bulk of cement your consume didn't come from the Niger-Delta.

Or did you forgot that SW have oil too.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by emmatok(m): 6:33pm On Jan 14, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

There really are a lot of hare-brained, numbskulls on this embarrassing forum. You do realize it's the inalienable right of people to make an informed choice in the democracy we purport to practise. What exactly do other regions have to teach about protests - how to destroy lives and property, loot and extort civilians getting on with their lives (my mum's windscreen was damaged by hoodlums in Lagos when she was going to visit my sick aunt and she STILL had to pay agberos) and generally behave like savages while compelling everyone irrespective of their opinions to join their mob action.

For the record, I'm against the fuel subsidy removal but I have a lot of friends who support GEJ and their opinions are no less valid than yours. I know for a fact the organized private sector and civil service in the East are largely shut down - so the fact some traders aren't behaving like the hoodlums in other regions hijacking, inflaming and looking to exploit the strike for their dubious ends makes us some kind of traitors.

Igbophobia truly exists. Anything we do must have spurious links to money even though the potential drain on their resources is the main reason most are protesting the subsidy removal. Bunch of cretinous, bigotted retärds that post drivel on this forum abound everywhere. What a shame.

GEJ is not Igbo, so why the noise.

Didn't you all strike/protest when OBJ with Ngozi as Finance minister proposed the-same Oil subsidy?
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 14, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

If you say yes to the above then why are you hounding me over subsidy protest? Why are you angry at me for leaving in 1967? Why are you killing me in the north even when I was fleeing for  my "landlocked" homeland?

You won the war, you have all the states and local government areas, you have the army, you have the navy, you have FCT, you have taken most of oil producing Igbo communities out of Igboland, you killed 50,000 of my people in 2 months (1966 pogrom), you killed over 2 million of my people when you declared war on us for daring to leave you, you rigged the census and have continued unabated, you gave my people 20 pounds, you have no federal presence in my land, you systematically purged my people from civil service after the civil war, you created hate between my people and their neighbours, you designated my people's property as abandon, and you have all the presidency to yourself before and after the civil war. You have it ALLLL! You don't need me! Leave me alone, please I beg you leave me alone! What more do you want from me?  

The pain I bear you don't know, the humiliation you brought to me you don't realize, the anger in me is better left unleashed, please let me be.

In my heart of hearts I wished you would leave me and at least enjoy your war booty but I have come to understand that the reason you refused to leave me alone is not because you are inherently bad, its not because you are perpetually evil, no its not. The reason you have refused to leave me alone is because you are incapable of doing so.

You may gloat on my pains, anger, loss, etc but I will forgive you. However, the humiliation and shame you brought to me is personal and will carry consequences. I counted my losses very very long time ago and during that time I stopped crying, I stopped seeking for your justice, I stopped believing in you, I knew I was on my own and embraced my fate, I knew you owed me in material terms, I knew you owed me in blood and tears, and then, and then, I knew that someday I would find you and I would reciprocate your "kindness" knowing you wouldn't consider it personal.

CLASSIC.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by OneNaira6: 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2012
kc3000:

STOP WASTING YOUR TIME. NIGERIA IS A USELESS COUNTRY DEEPLY HAUNTED BY TRIBALISM. SEE HOW PEOPLE LEFT THE SUBSIDY ISSUE TO HOUND NDIGBO. AS ALWAYS, WHEN IN DOUBT, BLAME THE IGBO.

GBAM.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by OneNaira6: 8:22pm On Jan 14, 2012
Goldfx3:

PEOPLE ARE NOT PROTESTING COS THEY THINK ITS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED .ITS JUST BAD THAT SINCE 1960 we have been suffering from bad leadership. i dont expect anything good from the present Government cos i dont think the have what its takes to make things right in this country . IMAGINE A PRESIDIENT BEING AFRAID OF A GROUP OF THIEFS CALLED OIL CABAL, THATS IS VERY BAD. THE FG IS NOW MAKING THE MASSES TO PAY SUBSIDY TO THE OIL CABAL, AM FROM AKWA IBOM , NOBODY IS PROTESTING COS even if the price of fuel is sold at N30 , without GOVERNMENT FIGHTING CORRUPTION NOTIN WILL CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.

THE MAIN PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY ARE CAUSED BY IBB, ABACHA AND OBJ . GOODLUCK IS JUST UNLUCKY TO COME AT A TIME WHEN NIGERIANS HAVE FULLY REALIZE THEY NEED POSITIVE CHANGE THANKS TO OBAMA.

GBAM again.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by aljharem(m): 1:47am On Jan 15, 2012
Central Bank Governor Sanusi Lamido has a statement to the effect “So, anybody that is still preaching that the problem of Nigeria is Yoruba or Hausa or Fulani, he does not love Nigeria. The problem with Nigeria is that a group of people from each and every ethnic tribe is very selfish. The poverty that is found in Maiduguri is even worse than any
poverty that you find in any part of the South." floating within the closed gardens of Facebook.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by SamIkenna: 2:59am On Jan 15, 2012
The pain we feel Nigeria and her owners dont know and may never know. This pain has gone a long way in determining most of our choices and I believe at this point its too late to go back. Some folks come here and talk about subsidy protest because that's probably the only time Nigerian father Christmas refused to foot their bill. Good for them if they win or not win. In fact, I wish them luck for the sake of the working poor not for the sake of PMS importers and their buddies who badly want to win this protest for bragging right. In the end when the protest dust has settled, then what? Police back to checkpoints? Fulani back to Berom invasion? Arewa - Ohaneze - Afenifere - back to useless meetings? Boko Haram back to full business? bad roads gallore? power failure orgy? Wow! looks like low velocity object orbiting around something massive right? This is the reality Nigeria finds itself, constantly moving around in circles with no direction.

What Nigeria needs more than anything is separation today which is already 46 years late, any more of this "I feel good" protest is a diversion from the 900 pound gorilla in the room. Each time I remember that Igbo youths have consistently resisted the temptation of taking over oil wells or blowing up oil pipelines in Igboland like their brothers are doing in SS I know that my people have understood the game. Guess what, our detractors have not given us a single credit for not helping in bringing the economy down through this kind of sabotage but they are too quick to shout Igbo is sell-out! they are tribalists! they are not protesting! we shall marginalize them after we win! like we are not already marginalized. I know for sure if we touch those oil wells or pipes in our land they will yell OLE! OIL THIEF! THAT'S WHY SOUTH SOUTH IS NOT GOING WITH YOU! LEAVE OUR OIL! SEND IN THE ARMY! LETS FINISH THEM THIS TIME! BASTARDS!

Now check this out. They will shout OLE - wow, but we didn't steal the 12b dollar gulf war oil wind fall. OIL THIEF - but isn't the oil found in our land? THAT'S WHY SS IS NOT GOING WITH YOU - ok, but some folks in SS are Igbos aren't they? LEAVE OUR OIL - again should I leave my land and move up north so you can kill me when am fleeing? SEND IN THE ARMY - mmmh well I 'll give that one to them because Nigeria is good at shooting at what moves and what doesn't move. LETS FINISH THEM THIS TIME - well, I don't know how they will achieve that but then again there is no harm in trying. BASTARDS - well, last time I checked Igbos have more monogamy and are more family oriented than any ethnic group in Nigeria and possibly Africa, I guess we manufacture BASTARDS in Aba.

We will never win in Nigeria law court or in NL shouting march. What they accuse us of is what they are doing be it in producing bastards (Almajiris and Agberos) or in stealing both our oil and SS oil. But justice is on our side and its better and stronger than winning a NL shouting march.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Onlytruth(m): 4:24am On Jan 15, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

The pain we feel Nigeria and her owners dont know and may never know. This pain has gone a long way in determining most of our choices and I believe at this point its too late to go back. Some folks come here and talk about subsidy protest because that's probably the only time Nigerian father Christmas refused to foot their bill. Good for them if they win or not win. In fact, I wish them luck for the sake of the working poor not for the sake of PMS importers and their buddies who badly want to win this protest for bragging right. In the end when the protest dust has settled, then what? Police back to checkpoints? Fulani back to Berom invasion? Arewa - Ohaneze - Afenifere - back to useless meetings? Boko Haram back to full business? bad roads gallore? power failure SinParty? Wow! looks like low velocity object orbiting around something massive right? This is the reality Nigeria finds itself, constantly moving around in circles with no direction.

What Nigeria needs more than anything is separation today which is already 46 years late, any more of this "I feel good" protest is a diversion from the 900 pound gorilla in the room. Each time I remember that Igbo youths have consistently resisted the temptation of taking over oil wells or blowing up oil pipelines in Igboland like their brothers are doing in SS I know that my people have understood the game. Guess what, our detractors have not given us a single credit for not helping in bringing the economy down through this kind of sabotage but they are too quick to shout Igbo is sell-out! they are tribalists! they are not protesting! we shall marginalize them after we win! like we are not already marginalized. I know for sure if we touch those oil wells or pipes in our land they will yell OLE! OIL THIEF! THAT'S WHY SOUTH SOUTH IS NOT GOING WITH YOU! LEAVE OUR OIL! SEND IN THE ARMY! LETS FINISH THEM THIS TIME! BASTARDS!

Now check this out. They will shout OLE - wow, but we didn't steal the 12b dollar gulf war oil wind fall. OIL THIEF - but isn't the oil found in our land? THAT'S WHY SS IS NOT GOING WITH YOU - ok, but some folks in SS are Igbos aren't they? LEAVE OUR OIL - again should I leave my land and move up north so you can kill me when am fleeing? SEND IN THE ARMY - mmmh well I 'll give that one to them because Nigeria is good at shooting at what moves and what doesn't move. LETS FINISH THEM THIS TIME - well, I don't know how they will achieve that but then again there is no harm in trying. BASTARDS - well, last time I checked Igbos have more monogamy and are more family oriented than any ethnic group in Nigeria and possibly Africa, I guess we manufacture BASTARDS in Aba.

We will never win in Nigeria law court or in NL shouting march. What they accuse us of is what they are doing be it in producing bastards (Almajiris and Agberos) or in stealing both our oil and SS oil. But justice is on our side and its better and stronger than winning a NL shouting march.

Thank you again, ezigbo nwa!

The truth I am telling you and all Igbos today is that WE CAN CHANGE OUR SITUATION.

YES WE CAN! cool

There will be problems along they way, heck some of us are already being tortured persecuted[b] DAILY[/b] because of our decision to change our situation. The enemy has learned nothing from history.
The enemy respects Islamic extremists and suicide bombers more than God fearing peaceful agitators; but guess what? Every human being can be pushed to the most extreme of actions. FACT.
Every human is capable of evil. FACT
The day our youths shall rise with force, NO POWER ON EARTH can stop us! cool
We can decide to change our situation and LIVE IN FREEDOM, or, our children unborn shall remain slaves to peoples of evil lineage.

ONLY US CAN CHANGE OUR SITUATION.

Here I stand!! cool cool cool
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 4:35am On Jan 15, 2012
Quote from: Sam_Ikenna on Yesterday at 06:06:37 AM

If you say yes to the above then why are you hounding me over subsidy protest? Why are you angry at me for leaving in 1967? Why are you killing me in the north even when I was fleeing for my "landlocked" homeland?

The pain I bear you don't know
[/quote], the humiliation you brought to me you don't realize, the anger in me is better left unleashed, please let me be.

[quote]The pain we feel Nigeria and her owners dont know and may never know. This pain has gone a long way in determining most of our choices and I believe at this point its too late to go back. Some folks come here and talk about subsidy protest because that's probably the only time Nigerian father Christmas refused to foot their bill. Good for them if they win or not win. In fact, I wish them luck for the sake of the working poor not for the sake of PMS importers and their buddies who badly want to win this protest for bragging right. In the end when the protest dust has settled, then what? Police back to checkpoints? Fulani back to Berom invasion? Arewa - Ohaneze - Afenifere - back to useless meetings? Boko Haram back to full business? bad roads gallore? power failure SinParty? Wow! looks like low velocity object orbiting around something massive right? This is the reality Nigeria finds itself, constantly moving around in circles with no direction.

Op your answers are here. thank you guys
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by ak47mann(m): 4:47am On Jan 15, 2012
Onlytruth:

Thank you again, ezigbo nwa!

The truth I am telling you and all Igbos today is that WE CAN CHANGE OUR SITUATION.

YES WE CAN! cool

There will be problems along they way, heck some of us are already being tortured persecuted[b] DAILY[/b] because of our decision to change our situation. The enemy has learned nothing from history.
The enemy respects Islamic extremists and suicide bombers more than God fearing peaceful agitators; but guess what? Every human being can be pushed to the most extreme of actions. FACT.
Every human is capable of evil. FACT
The day our youths shall rise with force, NO POWER ON EARTH can stop us! cool
We can decide to change our situation and LIVE IN FREEDOM, or, our children unborn shall remain slaves to peoples of evil lineage.

ONLY US CAN CHANGE OUR SITUATION.

Here I stand!! cool cool cool
WISE WORD,YOU ARE TRULY EZE GBURU GBURU,
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by SamIkenna: 5:27am On Jan 15, 2012
God help us.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by SamIkenna: 5:31am On Jan 15, 2012
Guys I was thinking Uchechukwu Merije should be the next leader or at least the voice of Igbo.
What do you think
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by kepsi123(m): 8:42am On Jan 15, 2012
Can someone please device a means we can confirm the intelligent quotient of somepeople. we bought fuel at 150 when the rest of the country bought at 65. how much will we get when others are buying at 141. That your small kiosk for ariaria will collapse if the spending power of the public is reduced. some of us dey with una in spirit all the way. i cant stop watching channel tv at least it brings me closer to responsible people.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by blocker: 10:15am On Jan 15, 2012
angry
emmatok:

HA HA,

Funny one.

What was Nigeria source of income before Oil came in.

The bulk of cement your consume didn't come from the Niger-Delta.

Or did you forgot that SW have oil too.

IGBOPHOBIA! That is what I call the sickness in this Country. We are murdered and have our property and businesses taken away and the PARASITES of this nation blame us for staying. Now they blame us again for not playing an active role on street protests. Who protested against the 20 pounds Awolowo used to improverish Igbos in 1970? Who protested against the blocade that wiped out hundreds of thousands of Igbo kids (no thanks to Awolowo)? Who protested against the genocide that occured in the North just recently? If the Yorubas were a separate nation where would they channel their protests on subsidy if not Cocoa? When Niger Deltans were agitating for resource control they were told to keep quiet. I don't need the west nor the north to dictate to me or my people on how to pursue our destiny as if they are ones who make the most sacrifice. Some of my relatives were murdered in the North and here you are asking me to show solidarity without recourse to condolence. We have nothing in common except being glued together as Nigeria. The Nigerian State and its people should purge themselves of IGBOPHOBIA.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2012
I wish I could get my hands on these Toys baby to send some Heavenly rain on Boko Haram from my Room shocked shocked. These barbaric Aboki's lack the IQ to operate these toys, yet alone manufacture them; they can't even play PS3 grin grin. All they know how to use is Ak47,cutlasses and Daggar.

Mechatronics Engineering = The future of Engineering babe.

Naija Military is Sooooooooooo 1950's. I don't need to break down on that. They need to step up their plate and stop these mayhem OR.

I still want to SERVE my beloved country Naija cheesy cool cool cool if they come back to their senses grin grin smiley smiley cry.

Welcome to the New Age, my friends.

Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2012
Surveillance.

Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2012
Hell fire Missiles for terrorists terrorizing Nigeria grin grin tongue tongue cool.

If they could get this one. They could get that BH cool cool cool also. If they are willing.

Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by ak47mann(m): 1:45pm On Jan 15, 2012
POSTER THE REASON IS THIS

Boko Haram Biggest Sponsor, Arrested This Morning.

Army officers from the 1st Division of Nigerian Army Kaduna working on tip-off stormed and arrested Comrade Nuhu Mohammed a gun-runner and patron of the Islamic terror group, Boko Haram.

Comrade Mohammed was caught red-handed arming youths in Chikun LGA of Kaduna State this morning about 1.00am and is detained in an undisclosed Military facility.

The supporters of this prominent Nigerian and some youths in the area, engaged the soldiers in a battle to prevent them from making the arrest, before they were subdued. A search on his home, uncovers Rocket launchers, IEDs materials (Bombs materials), soldiers uniforms, army belts, cartridges, pump actions guns and some AK47 assault rifles.

Comrade Nuhu Mohammed was a former chairman of petroleum drivers association in Kaduna. The army command are unhappy that some prominent Nigerians are calling to secure the release of Comrade Mohammed.

The days of the wicked are numbered in Nigeria.

Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by ak47mann(m): 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2012
and his sympathizer are pleading for his release 2moro average aboki will say his not indirectly supporting their fellow blood suckers,
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 15, 2012
Merkava(Hebrew) meaning God's Chariot in Engrishii.  Very flexible and like a commuter vehicle. Fit for street battles with BH with less casualty cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

Sold to selected few to take out BH terrorists grin grin grin.

This is the tip of an iceberg. I better lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2012
Merkava(Hebrew) meaning God's Chariot in Engrishii. Very flexible and like a commuter vehicle. Fit for street battles with BH with less casualty cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

Sold to selected few to take out BH terrorist grin grin grin.

Terrorists don't understand the Non- Violent language shocked shocked shocked

Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by ak47mann(m): 2:41pm On Jan 15, 2012
^^

modern war fair to smoke them out, cool

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2012
ak47mann:

^^

modern war fair  to smoke them out, cool

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Indeed cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Melinde: 7:13pm On Jan 15, 2012
sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap all of you.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by Obiagu1(m): 8:11pm On Jan 15, 2012
The Igbo have  been under "occupy Igbo land" since 1970 with devastating effects.  We don't want to give someone another opportunity to send more gwodogwodos to come and pillage our towns and violate our women. We don't think this can happen under GEJ 's watch but we don't wanna take chances.

That fuel was still selling at N65 was news to many Igbo in the southeast.  Fuel has been sold in the Igbo enclave for over N100 per liter for many years. Therefore, the Igbo have not been getting subsidized fuel.  So why should we protest a policy that tends to equalize or level the playing field?

For the Igbo, it is déjà vu again. The ominous cloud that gathered in 1966 is forming and hovering over Nigeria again. This cloud led to the pogrom against the Igbo for more than 30 days all over Nigeria. Subsequently a civil war ensued and the Igbo lost even more lives.We are still paying the price for this dark cloud that gathered in 1966 and yet another eerily similar cloud is gathering.  We have to watch this cloud carefully.

That the goons in the north have again started hunting down mostly Igbo in the north did not receive any attention from labor organizations. Yet people want us to come and occupy Nigeria for their selfish interests. At this point we can't. First of all we are busy yet again burying our people massacred yet again in the north. Further we support GEJ on fuel subsidy removal because it is the right thing to do.

I want to use this opportunity to thank the President of Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor for his dogged and selfless defense of Christians who are under siege yet again in the North. These are mostly of Igbo stock.

Finally, we don't want to be baited into a quagmire again and then betrayed. We have seen this game before and we paid for it with our blood sweat and tears. Never again we said in 1970 and we mean it. In Igbo we said "ozoemezina."  We don't want to be betrayed again.

If anything is clear from the dark clouds of 1966, it is that the whole south was seen as war booty by the military wing of the caliphate.  The southern part of Nigeria was then looted and shared by the generals of the caliphate with some southern fronts and acolytes.

OBJ came saw the shell game but rather than destroying it, he set set up his own subterfuge to benefit from the loot. GEJ could have joined the bandwagon but on this he chose the Path of honor because he has seen the game as nothing but enslavement of the southern people.

GEJ who happens to come from the area that produces most of the looted wealth saw this and wants to dismantle some of these loots that has enslaved the south in perpetuity and you want to occupy Nigeria to forstall this noble goal? Good luck in your quest to occupy Nigeria just count the Igbo out.

In my opinion any southerner that is protesting for the return of status quo is nothing but a fool!

by omonuan
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by udezue(m): 8:19pm On Jan 15, 2012
The East is not obligated to join in protest.
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by tunnytox(m): 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Why Is Eastern Nigeria Silent On Fuel Subsidy Removal? by nsiadi: 10:41pm On Jan 15, 2012
People should not continue to take Easterners for a ride
How many Bakares have gone protesting against the killings of Igbos in recent times
Are the killings not enuf to drag the Soyinkas out of their skins
Didnt Obasanjo upgrade Akanu Ibiam Airport----Did he go beyond the proclamation
The Oji River pulverised Coal Power Station has been begging for attention
The Igbos were promised 2nd Niger bridge----did anything go beyond jaw jawing
Now we have some one who is ready to hear us why wont we be reasonable
How many Igbos were mentioned as fuel subsidy cabals, see what I mean
The major issues with fuel subsidy removal have to do with timing, communication & non-graduated approach
Paid advertorials wont change these facts
The pressure is now more on the labour. Thats why they keep soft pedaling----bc they have no alternative

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

House Of Reps Honours Stephen Keshi In Today’s Plenary Session / Boko Haram: Nigeria And Neighbours Chad, Cameroon And Niger Celebrate Victories / Olisa Metuh Docked As Trial Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.