Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be (2080 Views)

Found Condoms In My Fiance's Bag.again! / My Ex Won't Take Off My Pictures On His Facebook Profile, Why? / My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Jaywon242(m): 11:32am On Jan 14, 2012
My fiance's ex still disturbs her even wen he knows she has moved on. I ve her facebook p/w and i see miriads of messages he sends to her often though she tells me abt them even before I see them.I wasn't dt worried abt it until recently. d guy just bought a bb and she asked her to send him her pin nd she did,bt told me later.I used to go thru their chats wen she gives her phone to me sometimes. He still wanted her back and she has always consistently told him it's too late.I was in Lagos to see her parents and while we were travelling back,she met d same guy on d way nd they talked for some seconds. Later wen we got home,I saw some chat msgs on her phone where d guy promised to give her some money and he asked her to call her wen she gets to our house which she did.Though she didnt tell me this until I confronted her. I was so incensed that she had to start begging on her knees and promised neva to try dt again. She deleted him from her bbm immediately. I didnt feel @ ease abt it cos it looks as if I was totally controlling her, not making her very free abt d whole thing but then I reasoned again dt Ladies need such sometimes. I hope I ve nt been too harsh on her. Lest I forget, this same guy called her some weeks into our relationship early last year. She put d phone on loudspeaker and d guy was begging her to come back bt she said she has found sb who loved her and dt she loved him too. She even said she was pregnant for him. D guy requested her to abort d pregnancy and come back to him. It was then I knew dis guy was desperate. Wat do u fink I can do abt this. Thanks for ur anticipated responses,
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Mynd44: 12:32pm On Jan 14, 2012
From what you have told us so far, it is obvious that this guy Loves you and does not want this guy back so just relax and trust hercos if you don't, you might lose her out of jealousy
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by DeBlunt: 12:44pm On Jan 14, 2012
just proceed with your marriage plans, the earlier you do that the better. show your lady more commitment and let the dog bark. wink
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by lashontae(f): 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2012
I think she loves you. The only thing is that ladies love lots of attention esp when still single. It probably makes her feel powerful that he wants her back. And I guess that's where it all ends.
You should just continue with the wedding plans and then see if he won't turn back. She's still single that's why he sees her as fair game. If you're married and he continues, then you can descend heavily on his head.
My ex lost me due to jealousy. Trying to control who I talk to, always throwing tantrums when I leave the house.
Jealousy drove him in2 being controlling and he went too far and our wedding had to be called off.
You need to chill cause it all starts from running around when there's no fire burning!
You can't treat a woman like a child. Will you follow her to the market? Will you follow her to her workplace?
If she's trustworthy, then give her the benefit of doubt. Cause being overbearing will only take a toll on the relationship.
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by drnoel: 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
guy u did what u thought was right so don't punish urself 4 doing it. I think u did well, but I think u didn't do enough. Yes u are right, sometimes women need that extra attention, call it being harsh or not but sometimes she needs to know your stand in black and white. U don't have to be harsh about it but she has to know that she is either in or out of her own choice. I would suggest u make sure the two of them don't retain contact. Even if u have to replace your womans BB with a new one please do so,  just so u make sure she is not in contact with him. U also tell her that if he gets the new phone's pin then its obvious she still has her heart with him and it may not work with u cos u can't have her thinking about another man while she is with u.
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2012
marriages and wahala - - -oxford synonyms undecided
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by iice(f): 5:12pm On Jan 14, 2012
Apparently getting the ultimate goal of marriage is not enough for some of these women.
If the guy is disturbing her, whats her own giving him the time of the day? She should have gotten rid of him tay tay since she has 'found someone to love her and she loves him back'. Too late indeed for him. All this granting audience prolly makes him think its not too late. People and wahala.
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by sexylogan(m): 5:28pm On Jan 14, 2012
@Op
1. Buy a double-barrel rifle
2. Aim at the guy's crotch
3. Squeeze the trigger
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Mynd44: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2012
Kill him
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by deniyor: 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2012
To deal with this kind of issues, what you really need is trust. Trust that your lady can handle her biz and does not need you stepping in all the time.
Let her handle it without your interference. If she is yours, she will get rid of the guy in her own way.
I think she will and you will avoid being controlling.

The ex is desperate as you can see. He hasnt let go yet and is hurting. Your woman is probably trying to free hi as gently as she can. I bet she is been harsh to him only cos you are listening, so back off a bit.
Good luck
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Jaywon242(m): 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2012
thanks for all ur comments. I appreciate,
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by iceblock(m): 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2012
O boy,abeg make u shine ur eyez well well o.Road wey person waka pass before nor dey hard to waka pass again.
Its good to trust,but NEVER you loose guard.
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Mynd44: 3:43am On Jan 15, 2012
Just remember that it is when you don't trust her that you start being annoying and then you start pushing her to him
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Jaywon242(m): 5:29am On Jan 15, 2012
Sometimes one has to try to trust to a certain degree bt at the same time u still ve to open ur eyes too. After she deleted him from her bbm he sent a message to her fb inbox that since he can't ping her,that he wants to tell her thru dt medium dt he still cares for her nd dt he misses her, I just talk say na wa o. Some guys get wahala sha. And moreover some gurls also disturb me a lot too. Mean two of my ex gfs still want me to be dating them bt I ve already made it known to them dt am no longer available bt they didnt leave me alone. I was now wondering that d same problem dt ma gf is facing is wat am equally facing. These two ladies will call most times and i wnt pick their calls and wen I pick, d way I will respond to them wont be nice bt yet it doesnt deter them from continuosly disturbing me. Bt they ve relaxed a lil bit now since i didnt give them enof leeway with me nd she knows this too. She saw some messages i sent to them abt how I'm happy with my relationship nd dnt need them nd also saw their messages complaining that i dont call them or send messages to them, so she blivs me wen i tell her abt the whole stuff. I know she loves me so much nd I do love her too. I saw some chats with some of her female friends(2) where they were discussing me nd she was praising me to high heavens dt she was glad to ve met me, dt she cant wait to get married to me,dt she is so happy being with me nd stuff like dt. We ve been dating for 1 yr now,
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Jaywon242(m): 6:33am On Jan 15, 2012
@Mynd,she really loves me and I know dt. It's just dt this guy isn't just communicating with her bt still wants her again bt I know she doesn't want him back nd has told him severally either thru txt messages or fb or calls on d fone. Just dt this guy can't move on.
@de-blunt, I'm 100% committed to her nd she knows dt.nd moreover we r nt getting married until @ least December,2012 or early nxt yr.@Lashontae,like u ve said,ladies love lots of attention. She's told me before now dt her phone used to beep a lot b4 we got together nd dt since she's now serious with me, her phone's beeping from guy's calls ve drastically reduced. Cos she has told whoever cared to listen dt she's no longer searching/available. She has changed her relationship status on fb nd all her friends know abt d relatnship.Some even call her 'abokoku'(a one-man loving babe). She even plans changing her phone nos as soon as we r married. And I'm not a type that monitors her all around bt just trying to play my role as a bf sometimes and I dnt fink dt is wrong. I dnt control who she talks to on fone nd I do give breathing space too. Though she still has admirers nd I think that is normal.@drnoel,thanks for ur advice.@iice,deniyor,iceblock nd others, fanks
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by deniyor: 12:56am On Jan 19, 2012
What will be will be. Forget the whole shine your eyes thingy. Let things take its natural course while you watch. It will let you know the real character of the lady you are with. It's a win win situation.

If she falters to the ex, you win as you get off b4 you commit yourself too deeply
If she handles her self with grace, you get a good partner - win too.
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Jaywon242(m): 1:49am On Jan 19, 2012
@deniyor. i think that's d best thing to do. Thanks
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by paulipopo(m): 9:19am On Jan 19, 2012
@OP, no mind all dis people telling u u are being overbearing. Wit dis guy forbid her from having anything to do with him she is free to communicate with anyone she likes but not her ex. Nothing like being harsh d guy is trying to steal her from u and she of all people should know dat. It is either u or him no but. Forbid her from ever having anything to do with him becos it hurts u. If she loves u she will understand.
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 19, 2012
sexylogan:

@Op
1. Buy a double-barrel rifle
2. Aim at the guy's crotch
3. Squeeze the trigger
Mynd_44:

4.Kill him
[size=23pt]5.DIES![/size]
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by bekay911(f): 9:47am On Jan 19, 2012
sexkillz:

[size=23pt]DIES![/size]
grin grin grin grin
Buries him
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 19, 2012
^^^
The OP's Fiance's ex, right? cheesy
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by pedestal82(m): 10:07am On Jan 19, 2012
Its simple, tell her to end all communication with him. Remember Okafors law. She is free to talk to anybody else except that mora*u*ker.
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by donbuchi1(m): 10:44am On Jan 19, 2012
drnoel:

guy u did what u thought was right so don't punish urself 4 doing it. I think u did well, but I think u didn't do enough. Yes u are right, sometimes women need that extra attention, call it being harsh or not but sometimes she needs to know your stand in black and white. U don't have to be harsh about it but she has to know that she is either in or out of her own choice. I would suggest u make sure the two of them don't retain contact. Even if u have to replace your womans BB with a new one please do so,  just so u make sure she is not in contact with him. U also tell her that if he gets the new phone's pin then its obvious she still has her heart with him and it may not work with u cos u can't have her thinking about another man while she is with u.
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by kpolli(m): 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2012
Same experience but gave her the free-hand to make her choice herself. . . . and apparently she doesn't even answer him again, so maybe my method works better. . . . smiley
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Mynd44: 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2012
sexkillz:

^^^
The OP's Fiance's ex, right? cheesy

I am not sure it's him oooo. I think it is , well what do I know I might be wrong
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by coogar: 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2012
Jaywon242:

My fiance's ex still disturbs her even wen he knows she has moved on. I ve her facebook p/w and i see miriads of messages he sends to her often though she tells me abt them even before I see them.I wasn't dt worried abt it until recently. d guy just bought a bb and she asked her to send him her pin nd she did,bt told me later.I used to go thru their chats wen she gives her phone to me sometimes. He still wanted her back and she has always consistently told him it's too late.I was in Lagos to see her parents and while we were travelling back,she met d same guy on d way nd they talked for some seconds. Later wen we got home,I saw some chat msgs on her phone where d guy promised to give her some money and he asked her to call her wen she gets to our house which she did.Though she didnt tell me this until I confronted her. I was so incensed that she had to start begging on her knees and promised neva to try dt again. She deleted him from her bbm immediately. I didnt feel @ ease abt it cos it looks as if I was totally controlling her, not making her very free abt d whole thing but then I reasoned again dt Ladies need such sometimes. I hope I ve nt been too harsh on her. Lest I forget, this same guy called her some weeks into our relationship early last year. She put d phone on loudspeaker and d guy was begging her to come back bt she said she has found sb who loved her and dt she loved him too. She even said she was pregnant for him. D guy requested her to abort d pregnancy and come back to him. It was then I knew dis guy was desperate. Wat do u fink I can do abt this. Thanks for your anticipated responses,

i just can't stand men like your fiance's ex. . . .
spineless wimps who chase after what belongs to another man.
get agberos in oshodi to break his patella.
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Jaywon242(m): 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2012
@Coogar, yes o. Can't stand such pple too. Instead of him to accept d fact that he has lost the plot, he still keeps shooting where there's nothing to aim @. She left him because he was double dating and the gurl(miss A) is a known person to my g.friend. So she went to meet the gurl and they struck an accord. They called him(her ex) and d phone was put on speaker. d other gurl now asked if he was dating miss B(my fiancee) and his response was yes. Dt he doesnt love her(my fiancee) and that she(miss A) is d one he loves. Dt he's just using her (fiancee) to while away time and they were both listening to him. He was begging the other gurl(miss A) on phone. Later my fiancee called him whether he was dating miss A and he admitted but told her that he doesnt love her(miss A)and that my fiancee is d one he loves. Wat an irony. This is one of the reasons she decided to leave him and coupled with d fact dt he was not in skol nd not planning to go to skol while then my fiancee was already in year 2. He's now saying that he made a mistake. That d other gurl is not a good choice. Dt he hasn't found any other gurl that measures up to my fiancee since she left him and that he's sorry. And moreover he hasn't yet gone to skol up till now,though he's working and my fiancee is already a graduate while I ve an M.Sc already. I just hope he can reason well and move on with his life,
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by coogar: 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2012
Jaywon242:

@Coogar, yes o. Can't stand such pple too. Instead of him to accept d fact that he has lost the plot, he still keeps shooting where there's nothing to aim @. She left him because he was double dating and the gurl(miss A) is a known person to my g.friend. So she went to meet the gurl and they struck an accord. They called him(her ex) and d phone was put on speaker. d other gurl now asked if he was dating miss B(my fiancee) and his response was yes. Dt he doesnt love her(my fiancee) and that she(miss A) is d one he loves. Dt he's just using her (fiancee) to while away time and they were both listening to him. He was begging the other gurl(miss A) on phone. Later my fiancee called him whether he was dating miss A and he admitted but told her that he doesnt love her(miss A)and that my fiancee is d one he loves. Wat an irony. This is one of the reasons she decided to leave him and coupled with d fact dt he was not in skol nd not planning to go to skol while then my fiancee was already in year 2. He's now saying that he made a mistake. That d other gurl is not a good choice. Dt he hasn't found any other gurl that measures up to my fiancee since she left him and that he's sorry. And moreover he hasn't yet gone to skol up till now,though he's working and my fiancee is already a graduate while I ve an M.Sc already. I just hope he can reason well and move on with his life

he won't.
people like that are pest-natured. he would still be there after your wedding and after having 5 kids with your wife.
they don't just disappear. . . .
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by james2man: 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2012
You have done the right thing brother,confronting her does not mean you're being harsh on her,infact that tells her your stand in the relationship and any silly mistake from her trying to create reunion with her ex obviously show that she is looking for something else,

I have once been in your shoes,i took things so calmly and soft with my fiance and talk senses to her, I let her understood that no guy in his normal senses would ever still want to have anything to do with his ex after being separated for years especially if the lady is at the stage of getting married to another guy, If the guy persist disturbing the girl It obviously show that the guy is an instrument satan as designed to steal her joy from her and to destroy the good relationship she has been keeping, A girl in her good senses will actually understand what this actually means regardless of whatever she might have had in the past with her ex,

And i also learn a great lesson from a friend of mine experience, infact it was as d same as yours and he is not with the girl anymore, His girlfriend found her ex profile on face book and one way or the other they create reunionship and they started communicating to each other again,each time they talk her ex always apologize to her just for them to become friends again and gradually secretly they became friend.My friend later knew about this but she continuously reassured my friend that they were just friends .until they started talking on the phone. That led to flirting,and her ex invited her to party ,just to cut the story short,they eventually had sex. she ended up cheating on her boyfriend it was on facebook my friend got to know that they have actually gone far to the stage of having sex,

So bro, you have done the right thing.
@Lashontae you are so right,ladies need lots of attention,
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Mynd44: 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2012
sad
Re: My Fiance's Ex Won't Let Her Be by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
All seems fine so far.
though I don't quite get the whole sending money thing.

Why is that the ish with nigerian girls as NL has made me believe?

(1) (Reply)

Common Mistakes Ladies Make That Mess Up Their Relationship With Men / Sexiest/Most Attractive Nairaland Monikers 2014 / A White Lady Explains Why She Prefers Black Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.