Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" (2484 Views)

ARTICLE: "THE MYSTERY OF "I AM SORRY" By Badiru Kehinde / I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It / "Olive Juice" Instead of "I Love You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by cutiewierd: 1:34pm On Jan 14, 2012
So many times in our relationships,we are often unconsciously guilty of this.We rarely take out time to really tell our partners how much we love them.Often more guilty are people in long-term relationships.We often assume that our partners already know so there is no point in telling hem over and over again, but this is a gross misconception.When your partner tells you that they re having a rough day,there is nothing more comforting than saying those words.When your partner is feeling down,there is nothig more relaxing than those three words.Let us all endeavour to tell our partners those three words, and not just your partner,tell it to all those who matter in your life,you would never know how much you can brighten up their day! smiley
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by lashontae(f): 1:40pm On Jan 14, 2012
I love this!
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by MrCork17: 2:39pm On Jan 14, 2012
cutiewierd:

So many times in our relationships,we are often unconsciously guilty of this.We rarely take out time to really tell our partners how much we love them.Often more guilty are people in long-term relationships.We often assume that our partners already know so there is no point in telling hem over and over again, but this is a gross misconception.When your partner tells you that they re having a rough day,there is nothing more comforting than saying those words.When your partner is feeling down,there is nothig more relaxing than those three words.Let us all endeavour to tell our partners those three words, and not just your partner,tell it to all those who matter in your life,you would never know how much you can brighten up their day! smiley

which partner? undecided
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by cutiewierd: 2:50pm On Jan 14, 2012
when i say partner i mean ur bf/gf/husband/wife
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by ChrisChino(m): 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
i find it difficult to say those words to anyone except my gf.
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Pysam(m): 4:35pm On Jan 14, 2012
it works magic
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by iice(f): 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2012
With the words as common as saying hi?
No thanks. Words mean nothing without actions to back it up.
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by doeeyed: 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2012
@ op, suppose you're right.

But if my actions depict my love, isn't that enough.

undecided  undecided
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Mynd44: 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2012
Actions should back up words. Words are a quick fix but without actions, they fall apart into what they really are MERE WORDS
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Adaeze003(f): 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2012
iice:

With the words as common as saying hi?
No thanks. Words mean nothing without actions to back it up.

i agree with you but i also think that saying those words to your bf/gf when he/she is down or having a bad day will do allot!
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by iice(f): 5:25pm On Jan 14, 2012
Adaeze003:

i agree with you but i also think that saying those words to your bf/gf when he/she is down or having a bad day will do allot!

I suppose for some people.
Depending on what caused the bad day. Man's team wreck havoc with a project, man is not looking for i love you. He's looking for ideas to solve a problem.
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Mynd44: 6:43pm On Jan 14, 2012
Always say I love you.
Okay got you. Nexy!!!!!
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by claremont(m): 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2012
Action speaks better than words. Anyone can talk the talk, but it takes real men to walk the walk.
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by doeeyed: 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2012
@ Claremont, Mynd_44, iice,

Second ur posts.

But many girls have this neeeed to be told they are loved.

Then they are moved by the audio input rather visual, I suppose
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Mynd44: 3:39am On Jan 15, 2012
^^^
After all the I love you if you don't back it up with action, na trouble you dey find guy
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by iice(f): 4:57am On Jan 15, 2012
doe-eyed:

But many girls have this neeeed to be told they are loved.

Then they are moved by the audio input rather visual, I suppose

I tell you.
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by claremont(m): 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2012
It's one of those terminologies that I still use on a regular basis, even though I don't believe in it. I know for sure that Nigerian ladies like hearing it, so I say it to those of them I want to sleep with; after sleeping with them, the virtual "I love you" turns to actionable "I don't love you any more". grin
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Mynd44: 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2012
^^^
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 15, 2012
awesome post.

lol @ a virgin talking about s3x tongue
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by cynthiafred67(f): 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2012
I love u? I say those words always without even meaning them.
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Mynd44: 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2012
I wonder what's so special about those darned words anyway?
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by doeeyed: 12:59am On Jan 17, 2012
Special

It means a lot to say those words,  when said sincerely I mean!!  angry  angry

That's why it is demeaning when used as a punctuation mark rather than as an expression of a caring heart.

Mostly, when said really translates as I lust for you  cool, or I like you a lot.

Love,  not something you get within 2 mins of a meeting or interaction.

tongue  tongue
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Mynd44: 7:16am On Jan 17, 2012
Expression of what? Love should she shown whatever happen to actions speaking louder than words?
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by bekay911(f): 8:06am On Jan 17, 2012
Yes action speak louder dan words but dont underestimate d power of a word compliment or simple gesture and a smile.dey go a long way to help.
Moreova I LOVE U is d most abused word in our generation.
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Mynd44: 9:09am On Jan 17, 2012
Can a word be abused? Just curious
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2012
i only use those words when i truly mean them! Love is a verb, an action word! "I love you" has lost it's meaning in the world today. Love is not selfish! If someone shows you love, you will know! Forget the stereotypical "love" whizzing around like bullets! But then, when i really mean it, i say it, and that's why it retains it's value to me. . .
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Ranoscky(m): 10:14am On Jan 17, 2012
Mynd_44:

Can a word be abused? Just curious
In-as-much as I dont believe in "Love", for one not knowing how to portray a spoken word (spoke by him or her) is an abuse to it!

U dont say u "I love u" to som1 while, you'r not xpressin it meanins.

For me, Bleep the word "LOVE!" Just show me carring, and am GOOD!
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Mynd44: 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2012
Okay it can be abused but how do is it that you can define love universaly. I mean how do you thimk a guy or girl is lyimg if they say I love you? How do you draw the line between lying about it and the person saying the truth
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by OK2NV: 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2012
abeggi! 9jah babes are hoes. First rule of pimpin, never ever fall in love with a hoe
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by tpia5: 1:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
Not many people know what real love is.

"i lust you" isnt the same thing as "I love you".

And neither is love restricted to a dating context only.
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by richy5(m): 1:29pm On Jan 17, 2012
Mynd_44:

Actions should back up words. Words are a quick fix but without actions, they fall apart into what they really are MERE WORDS
Nah free word, jor
Re: Never Under-estimate The Power Of "i Love You" by Mynd44: 3:32pm On Jan 17, 2012
OK2NV:

abeggi! 9jah babes are hoes. First rule of pimpin, never ever fall in love with a hoe
That's not really right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Of Nowadays And Their Underwears / He Just Saw Her Yesterday, & 2day He Proposed To Her. Is Dat Possible?? / My Mother And I Are Pregnant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.