Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues (31320 Views)

Black Xmas And New Year As Fg Fail To Pay Salaries / We’ll Hold Buhari, APC To “3 Million Jobs A Year” Pledge – NLC, TUC / Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 15, 2012
asha 80:

i people said jonathan is weak?

this is not strength, this is the stubbornness of a mule

and they both have the same level of intelligence

more to the point, gej only shows 'strenght' when he is fcimg off against the impoverished masses

when its boko haram, he hems, haws, crawls into a fortified aso rock and announces that bombings are an burden we must live with
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by kokogee: 10:17am On Jan 15, 2012
karl max:

GEJ the so called weak President I hope his showing the haters that call him a WEAK PRESIDENT!! Now  Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡. How weak he is

Take it or leave it, GEJ is weak and I'd tell u why: All that's happening are not initiated by him but by his advisers(specifically NOI-the coordinating minister of the economy) and other criminal minded advisers that surround him. He is so weak to accept every wrong advise given to him bcs he knows nothing about economy, leadership and management. I pity him bcs he is the head of the govt and he is and shall be held responsible for every wrong or right economic decisions taken by his govt(no 1 cares if he decided or sm1 decided for him bcs ppl expect him- a P.hd holder to have enof common sense to analyse issues b4 taking/accepting advises for decision-making purposes)

I can tell u ppl will keep advising him wrongly but when the burbles burst, he would be the main target. FOR THIS REASON SM1 SHOULD TELL HIM TO STOP SIGNING EVERY poo-S GIVING TO HIM. I'm sure he is not as brave as Gaddafi and Sadam Hussein(both died for their own actions and I hope he doesn't end their ways bcs of wrong advises given to him).

Watch the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrUpPsDKGlw of NOI's Al jazeera interview to see how Ngozi prioritises removing fuel subsidy over security of lives and resolving crises in Nigeria.

It's a big shame Ngozi Iweala is pushing this country to a qiuck crash; riding thru the dummy GEJ
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 15, 2012
badluck jonathan really sucks. So stoburn
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Rad1cal: 10:36am On Jan 15, 2012
[size=16pt]Strong leadership at play  grin .

Christ Embassy Church : Pastor before he was weak, but now he is strong

let some one shout halleluyah . .

All roads leads to the Ojota Carnival site tomowo .Please bring your chicks along and let's make it a day to be remembered

Signed Rally Coordinator  cool [/size]
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by bamosagie(m): 10:39am On Jan 15, 2012
I have heard arguments like democracy being the government of the people by the people for the people. So the govt ought to revert to N65, question is, should govt also grant all the request of boko haram? They are part of the people. Truth is; fuel subsidy have to go for Nigeria to aspire 4 meaningful development, my quarrel with govt is trying to maintain the current cost of running the govt. While an attempt is made to terminate subsidy. All other avenue of waste should be blocked b4 subsidy is removed. Cut down on bloated salary & aides of those in govt. Make the refinery functional & Nigerians will protest if subsidy is not removed. Let the sacrifice start from the Top.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by juman(m): 10:40am On Jan 15, 2012
Rad1cal:

[size=16pt]Strong leadership at play  grin .

Christ Embassy Church : Pastor before he was weak, but now he is strong

let some one shout halleluyah . .

All roads leads to the Ojota Carnival site tomowo .Please bring your chicks along and let's make it a day to be remembered

Signed Rally Coordinator  cool [/size]

tomowo grin grin

You better learn how to pronounce R from ILU OKE grin grin
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Pardon9ija: 11:02am On Jan 15, 2012
If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulder of giants.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by CuteTj(m): 11:17am On Jan 15, 2012
@ Bamosagie, A Government for the people by the people meaning the MAJORITY. Is Boko Haram majority or minority?? So why should govt yield to Boko Haram?
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by sleekman(m): 11:24am On Jan 15, 2012
Please people should stop talking about subsidy. It doesn't exist. What we have is a a tax hike of more than 400%. Actual price of PMS in Nigeria is N39.50k.
All the chickens are coming home to roost. The cabals & their backers in govt. are gradually being exposed. It has just come to light that the AGF is behind Oando and Eterna Oil. His various multi-million dollar, pounds and euro accounts have been exposed by ireports-ng.com. We are being robbed by this govt.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by bamosagie(m): 11:41am On Jan 15, 2012
@CuteTJ if we talk of majority, there must be a yardstick to measure, a serving senator, a serving guvnor, a serving military officer have all be linked to boko haram, the sultan have never criticized or denounced them publicly & U still they are in the minority, pls think again. How many guvnors do U think is bankrolling d group, how many senators do u think is sympathetic to their cause, how many military officers do U think offers pro bono service to the group. But that is not the issue. The issue is the removal of subsidy @ this time when there are other areas of waste that beg for attention.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Duudle: 12:06pm On Jan 15, 2012
Hi,

Would appreciate your help in checking this vin:

1HGCM66516A055178

Many thanks
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by lawak: 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2012
its just unfortunate that many of us argue along with the crowd without clearly seeing the end. there has to be basis for ny arguement; else, u'll end up the same old way.

I support the removal of fuel subsidy 100% (if at all it exists), like every other project that i have reviewed , the major worry here is the faulty implementation plan. those who understand project implementation know that there is always a backup plan or roll back plan and that is what the FG team is lacking because it is obvious that the managers of the Nigeria project do not have any sort of roll back plan.

again, if after all these stress we are made to go thru and we are able to achieve ONLY reduction of fuel price, then we are the true losers.

The protest leaders seems to be losing sight of the state governors who are also co-actors in the GEJ game. I am yet to get the committment of any state governor on how he intends to dispense the portion the subsidy gain to be given to the state.

What about the legislators who earn more than the American president even as DUMB as they are. Its only in Nigeria that such touts earn more than university graduates. Do you know the total annual pay of any Nigerian legislator? why MUST we have ministers of state? why Must we have ministers from every state? When is the cost of governance in nigeria coming down?, these are more reasons why we have to be on the street and not fuel subsidy removal alone,
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by babestella: 12:51pm On Jan 15, 2012
I hear some pple compare removal of fuel subsidy to Soludo 25 billion recapitalization, and even the GSM. Well, they need to think well, because; 1. Soludo's 25 billion recap actually afforded ppl the opportunity for ppl to invest in the banking industry by buying shares, and again this was optional, it wasn't compulsory, unfortunately we have fraudulent people in the banking industry too which has made it what it is today cos the system does not have an effective way of using the legal structure to punish offender which is what we are seeing in the oil industry and we are letting it slip off our hands. Same goes for GSM, it wasn't compulsory also, and NON of both programs affected the prices of goods and services in the market. GSM did not affect the price of transportation, foods and essential services.

Fuel subsidy removal is the opposite and we should all think aright here. Is there any other way we can remove fuel subsidy without necessarily inflicting more hardship on the people Is there anyway we could provide healthcare, roads, child support for single parents who do not have jobs, security, water, electricity without undue hardship to the people?? That is a positive way to think, change is necessary, but it does necessarily have to be painful. Our government has to be creative in other to move this nation forward.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by naso2(m): 1:19pm On Jan 15, 2012
This "65 naira or nothing" gang is not helping matters. They are putting so much pressure on NLC and that might not help us all.
I support the removal of subsidy but would want a phased approach with clearcut deliverables and timelines.

I also support the mass protest for "better governance" from our leaders. Elimination of every kind of waste , but that is not to mean we blind our eyes to market dynamics in the oil sector.

Some are even fraudulently now saying there is no subsidy and i simply ask, on what basis did labour agree on 70 naira in 2007 and on what basis was it reduced to 65 naira later?

What else has remained at same price since 2007? lets be wise. we need concessions from both labour and govt , if we heat the polity up we all stand to lose when "jungle mature".
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by moshoodn(m): 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2012
babestella:

I hear some pple compare removal of fuel subsidy to Soludo 25 billion recapitalization, and even the GSM. Well, they need to think well, because; 1. Soludo's 25 billion recap actually afforded ppl the opportunity for ppl to invest in the banking industry by buying shares, and again this was optional, it wasn't compulsory, unfortunately we have fraudulent people in the banking industry too which has made it what it is today cos the system does not have an effective way of using the legal structure to punish offender which is what we are seeing in the oil industry and we are letting it slip off our hands. Same goes for GSM, it wasn't compulsory also, and NON of both programs affected the prices of goods and services in the market. GSM did not affect the price of transportation, foods and essential services.

Fuel subsidy removal is the opposite and we should all think aright here. Is there any other way we can remove fuel subsidy without necessarily inflicting more hardship on the people Is there anyway we could provide healthcare, roads, child support for single parents who do not have jobs, security, water, electricity without undue hardship to the people?? That is a positive way to think, change is necessary, but it does necessarily have to be painful. Our government has to be creative in other to move this nation forward.
You said my mind in its entirety.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2012
this shows that the government did not even send us even if Nigerians are dying, what a pity angry
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by mbulela: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2012
na_so:

This "65 naira or nothing" gang is not helping matters. They are putting so much pressure on NLC and that might not help us all.
I support the removal of subsidy but would want a phased approach with clearcut deliverables and timelines.

I also support the mass protest for "better governance" from our leaders. Elimination of every kind of waste , but that is not to mean we blind our eyes to market dynamics in the oil sector.

Some are even fraudulently now saying there is no subsidy and i simply ask, on what basis did labour agree on 70 naira in 2007 and on what basis was it reduced to 65 naira later?

What else has remained at same price since 2007? lets be wise. we need concessions from both labour and govt , if we heat the polity up we all stand to lose when "jungle mature".
when we return to 65 naira first, then we can address the phased removal in phases with palliative measures in place.
most importantly any agreement with govt without addressing the waste in the governmental system will be a failed strike.
even 141 with a removal of most of the waste in govt is not even a failed strike.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by moshoodn(m): 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2012
mbulela:

when we return to 65 naira first, then we can address the phased removal in phases with palliative measures in place.
most importantly any agreement with govt without addressing the waste in the governmental system will be a failed strike.
even 141 with a removal of most of the waste in govt is not even a failed strike.

Brilliant!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by kingsilly(m): 6:16pm On Jan 15, 2012
moshoodn:

You said my mind in its entirety.
U sure u get anytin talk b4
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by drstan(m): 6:54pm On Jan 15, 2012
Hahahah TBjosh prophesy don day come to pas one by one,. Nigeria when wil u start to value ur prophet word.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by femmy2010(m): 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2012
liaslo++:

this shows that the government did not even send us even if Nigerians are dying,  what a pity angry

And they call it the Government of the "people".
The politicians(Cabal) and those on the corridor of power are the "people".
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by twentycent(m): 11:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
Watching as the drama unfolds, going for more popcorn&soft drinks.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by moshoodn(m): 5:21am On Jan 16, 2012
kingsilly:

U sure u get anytin talk b4
Why not come rip open my heart to ascertain. . . . Dear brother!!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by clip: 2:13am On Jan 17, 2012
Act 1 Scene 2 as just ended
They have reached a compromise.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by moshoodn(m): 4:35am On Jan 17, 2012
A scene that will live down through history!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Don't Know Where Shekau is-Chadian President / Jibrin Links Dogara And Hembe With Prostitutes / Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.