Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues (31322 Views)

Black Xmas And New Year As Fg Fail To Pay Salaries / We’ll Hold Buhari, APC To “3 Million Jobs A Year” Pledge – NLC, TUC / Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 5:25am On Jan 15, 2012
The people dont need your help Gej, it's that hard to digest? Or is there more to this subsidy that we dont know about? If oil production is shut then we 'll just draw undue attention from the international community, boko haram might even start having sympathisers. Do the people's wish jonathan even if it's not the right thing!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by member479760: 5:28am On Jan 15, 2012
Giving the president a chance is like wasting another good part of your life!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Jakumo(m): 5:33am On Jan 15, 2012
The translated text of the meeting outcome is as follows.

"We reach Aso Rock finish, and dem give we brown envelope when get belle well-well, BUT, when we go toilet to take style open am, we come see say na so-so naira full am.   On top of that na twenty-twenty naira (Muritala) dem give us for bundle, wey we come tink say na better ting like sterling or dollars.  E be like say dem tink say we be mumu wey nogo check wettin dey for dat better life envelope.   A beg Johnny, no let we vex today o.

Aluta continua, UNTIL Johnny Boy tell dem to look sharp and do correct ting as weekend concern.  We no do long journey come Abuja to come dey hear grammar, or to count bridge.   God bless Nigeria.   God bless my family and my empty bank account for Dubai.   Thank you."
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by cffb: 5:36am On Jan 15, 2012
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Demdem(m): 5:37am On Jan 15, 2012
The beginning of the end for the retardeen. I'm loving this.
grin grin grin
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by kunyeo(m): 5:49am On Jan 15, 2012
Styke,You are right,history has shown that with good leadership,followership will follow the righteous path.Nobody was born righteous.Ghana experienced the same thing.Were around during Buhari/Idiagbon regime? Then you would have known that Nigerians want to do the right thing if only the leaders would be exemplary.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by GboyegaD(m): 5:53am On Jan 15, 2012
1Dray:

Give the President a chance. . . Shikena!

A chance to embezzle more or to act more irresponsible?
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by samstels: 6:13am On Jan 15, 2012
Kunyeo,there is no basis for you to refer us to Buhari/ Idiagbo regime .That was a miltary era,nigerians only understand force .we as a people are not ripe for democracy .we do not obey simple laws .I think is a matter of personal decision to do the right thing whether someone is there or not .How many nigerians would naturally go to the tax office and presnet their business for proper tax evaluation .we are not even traffic disciplined ,we drive without lisence ,people just do what they like ,I think if we rise to say we reject bribe ,the police will follow suit but we create the opportunity for it to trive just like the subsidy regime ,same nigerians when we travel abroad we do the right thing without any body telling us to do it.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by ceejay80s(m): 6:15am On Jan 15, 2012
I hear say 1st lady don travel abroad for treatment? B4 she become 1st lady she dey travel abroad for treatment abi hospital no dey naija again? Where that indian lady "EVE" wey dey share apple, abeg tell her say we get another job for her
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by talk2me006(m): 6:23am On Jan 15, 2012
it is now glaring that GEJ is a bad leader.may God almighty remove him nd replace him with gud leader.our people re suffering.i believe this wil teach us a lesson.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by talk2me006(m): 6:29am On Jan 15, 2012
may God almighty remove all these our bad leaders nd replace them with good one.Gej is a bad man.i believe naija would hav learnt their lesson by now.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by samstels: 6:34am On Jan 15, 2012
Talktome 006,they are all the same ,when they are not in govt.,they make so much noise but once put in there ,they become worse than than previous .I was one of the people that told nigerians not to condemn OBJ till he leaves ,so that we can compare and make our conclusions ,in a country where 95 percent of the citizenry is corrupt is a big issue .for me let's allow this govt do what they have in mind ,and let's see where it leads to or we carry out total revolution but after revolution ,what next ?
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by JesusG: 6:37am On Jan 15, 2012
omo na to stalk food up for next 1 week but according to thisday they may meet again today wink
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Yomit2(m): 6:41am On Jan 15, 2012
Our govt needs to know that opinion of the masses must count. I pity my country. Aluta continua
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by dayo23(f): 6:43am On Jan 15, 2012
I was warned bt I Stil went ahead 2 vote 4 dis unfortunate useless badluck jonathan, Now I regret, Bt God Wil Judge him,May Hell b is Portion ameeeeeeeeeeen!!!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by onchefx: 6:50am On Jan 15, 2012
remember gadafi mr gej what are ur plan sfor this county mr prsident,your excellency please listen to the vioce reason,listen to the people that gave you the mandate,listen to god:i am one of your supporters,and i will no be happy if, !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by safarigirl(f): 6:58am On Jan 15, 2012
Interesting outcome, we shall see what next for the Nigerian people ǡŋ₫ the insensitive government
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by kizito96(m): 7:05am On Jan 15, 2012
At least for once, there is a unity of purpose among Nigerians
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by dapachez: 7:08am On Jan 15, 2012
Labour messed up,i forsee a sell out soonest,imagine pipelines wont be shut down according to NLC chairman,so oil will still be flowing smh
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Ayoobscom(m): 7:12am On Jan 15, 2012
OCCUPY ASO ROCK

WHAT KIND OF DEAF ADMINISTRATORS HAVE WE GOT

OCCUPY ASO ROCK
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by otokx(m): 7:15am On Jan 15, 2012
There is more to all this, be wise, but in support of NLC/TUC.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by tiebe: 7:23am On Jan 15, 2012
Squeeze those oil valves shut o! as it is, its only everyday Nigerians who have lost the estimated 720bn. by the time the[b] oil stops flowing, GEJ sef go de follow us lose.[/b] i think that's when he'll take us seriously.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by onyengbu: 7:25am On Jan 15, 2012
Occupy as much as you want but one thing you should bear in mind is that revolution = war in Nigeria.
Anybody who is thinking of removing GEJ by any means whatsoever should just be ready for war!
Nuff said.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by eastman11: 7:26am On Jan 15, 2012
This Government is coming to a shameful end, i am now convinced that Jonathan is not just competent but he lacks political and administrative acumen. Considering the stiff opposition he has faced since the inception of his Govt he has decided to play into the hands of his opponents and enemies. As an Ijaw man i am grossly disappointed in him.  If he is wise this would have been an opportunity for him to convene a national conference to seek way forward in this country. True Federalism is the only way forward for this country.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by tjtough: 7:31am On Jan 15, 2012
there's something wrong with GEJ,why removing the subsidy now when 2011 budget still runs till march 2012 i.e it has been budgeted for. e be like say he don use the money do campaign. WE SAY NO TO THE REMOVAL
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by ade80: 7:31am On Jan 15, 2012
I dont blame the man, this is about saving his own neck, how do you expect him to explain it in march if the subsidy goes back to being about 100billion in this first quarter? Nigerians will call for his head so it is better for him to remove it and no one will ever know.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Onyiip(f): 7:32am On Jan 15, 2012
Nigeria is heading towards economic meltdown, And dats d real sacrifice not even subsidy. Support the protest but BE WISE
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by hollandis(f): 7:32am On Jan 15, 2012
I suspect there is a rift between TUC and NLC.
NLC just let us down.I am so dissapointed in him.He (omar) should be stoned at the slightest opportunity.He would have made a name but he sold out.I am so dissapointed
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Ayoobscom(m): 7:35am On Jan 15, 2012
''Money is being shared rite nw in Bayelsa 4 d youths. dey are sharin 10k each 4 dem to carry placards to surport d removal of fuel subsidy.2 beneficiaries just collected.dey ave full police protectn,Wat a desperate Govt,Name of d hotel Hayalla Hotel,Nikton Rd,Yenagoa. Broadcast so they know that we know''

shared by a friend on fb, friday 13th jan.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by sweet9ja: 7:40am On Jan 15, 2012
@Styike, I wish 60% of Nigerians have your kind of mentallity, our belove country will literally be tranformed overnight.
I respect you, bro.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Remii(m): 7:43am On Jan 15, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Occupy as much as you want but one thing you should bear in mind is that revolution = war in Nigeria.
Anybody who is thinking of removing GEJ by any means whatsoever should just be ready for war!
Nuff said.

This is unfortunate. Even the ministers of doom, NOI and SLS are saying Nigeria can pay the subsidy for a while. The wise thing to do is revert to N65 and negotiate with wider audience that would include all aspects of Nigeria, Labour?CSO/Regional leaders and cart a way forward. If war broke out, no one can determine the end. Given, the world power might support the oil reach region, but it would still end in slavery, Iraq and Libya are Arabs, they have stronger will and less corrupt yet world powers have them under slavery. Iraqi and Libya would pay for every penny and cents world power used to prosecute any war on their behalf. Amount they cannot verify or ascertain.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Homar(m): 7:46am On Jan 15, 2012
Gej your own don finish. R I P

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna / Canadian Court Describes Nigerian Police As Murderous, Corrupt / Okorocha Absent As INEC Presents Certificate To Senators-Elect- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.