Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria (2650 Views)

My Southern California Odyssey / Nigerians In Germany...i Need Your Advice. / The Largest Shopping Mall In Africa And In The Southern Hemisphere! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by tojunee: 1:25am On Jan 15, 2012
My name is Toju, I am Mix race born to a Nigerian father and a German mother, I am new here, I search how I can communicate with Nigerian online until I find Nairaland and I believe I could have good detail from you guys. I never been to Nigeria before, I wish to visit but I don't know how to embark on my Journey, I lost my dad when I am 4 yrs old. I been raise by my mother, I want to visit Nigeria, My mom told me my father once told her, He come from the Southern part of Nigeria, Can someone please give me Information how I can visit Southern Nigeria. I plan to come next week Friday but my mother said Nigeria is going through a lot of Crisis at this moment, I wish to come next week After the Crisis. Sorry for my poor English.

Attach is my picture with my girlfriends in school.

Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by canlor: 1:56am On Jan 15, 2012
hey dude,

my advice for you is not to bother going to Nigeria at this time at all.The country is presently going through a crisis and is definitely not a good time to visit.

If you must visit there are some things you also must do.

first ask your mum if she is in contact with any of your father´s close relative,then you can take it from there (i mean making plans to visit your fathers family).

secondly,do not be in a rush about the visit issue,take time to do some research like what state is your dad from really(Southern Nigeria is made up of a lot of states).seek information about his surviving family members etc. that way when you infact do visit the country you would know who you are visiting and where you are visiting.

you can ask any questions you feel like asking here,you will be surprised by the amount of information you will get but be careful with who you choose to deal with in your quest to search for your fatherland.(Nigeria,just like any other country in the world have its own fair share of not so good people)

I applaud your decision to go visit your fatherland, take your time and plan it well so it will be worthwhile.
Where in Germany are you?
I am in friedricshafen,Baden wurtemburg here in germany.
cheers
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by WAVixen: 2:07am On Jan 15, 2012
I need not say more, Canlor did that by his very informative,enlightening post. He is right, this is not a good time to come to Nigeria. The Southern part of Nigeria consists of several States as he mentioned. Get the exact state he is from, his surname and any close contacts she ( Your mother) might have had of him.

Welldone Canlor, @ Poster, dont worry your English is ok. Get as much information from your mum and post here and some people can help you do the leg work from Nigeria. As he mentioned be cautious and wise how and whom you give that information to.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by bolame: 5:03am On Jan 15, 2012
you dont need to be sorry about anything, your English is perfect and, Yes of course you can visit Nigeria now as the issue facing Nigeria as been solve and everything is now normal, But in case if you need any help you can drop your contact i will be glad to help you
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 15, 2012
if you want to come for site seeing,you can visit lagos,Losts of beaches ,hotels,clubs etc.http://www.ekohotels.com/contactus.php
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by llbhuds: 7:14am On Jan 15, 2012
You name sounds like someone from delta but like what others said, u really need to ask your mother about any contacts shes got with nigeria since your dad died long ago,different states had been created but if toju is your name I think u are a deltan and an itsekiri to be precise.
dont be in a hurry too visit cos u really need to know where u are going and those u are going to meet in nigeria, if u understand me.

bolame:

you dont need to be sorry about anything, your English is perfect and, Yes of course you can visit Nigeria now as the issue facing Nigeria as been solve and everything is now normal, But in case if you need any help you can drop your contact i will be glad to help you

you need help cos dis guy no fit date u
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by justwise(m): 7:34am On Jan 15, 2012
@op,

There is no need putting your 'picture' up there, though people have given you good advice.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by tojunee: 10:19am On Jan 15, 2012
Thank Guys for the Advice, I have discuss it with mother, I wish to suspend my trips until the Crisis is over. I had relative of our address but my mom send a lot of Letters to her but she never reply, My father name is Abidemi Oritsebemigho, I even search to find if any of my late father relative is on Facebook, I find NONE. so many name come up with Oritsebemigho. I appreciate. Sorry for putting my picture. I am sorry.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by WaltherPPK: 11:33am On Jan 15, 2012
From the information you have given, it is most likely your are from the Itsekiri tribe, mostly found in Delta State of Nigeria.Ask your mother if she was ever in touch with any other of your father's relatives in any part of the world and contact them.You can also make enquiries through the Nigerian embassy in Germany armed with your birth certificate.You can visit Nigeria any time the industrial action is over coming now may not be very smooth for you, but you have to be careful who you contact especially on this forum.Goodluck.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by Freiburger(m): 12:23pm On Jan 15, 2012
OP, since when have you been following this forum.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by bolame: 12:51pm On Jan 15, 2012
@toju sorry i give you the wrong info that i heard yesterday night that the strike as ended and everything is ok in nigeria, You will need to wait till you read on the news that nigeria is safe to visit then you can take a short trip here and contact me whenever you needed help.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by bolame: 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2012
@IIbudjud you are the one that needs help, who told you i want to date him or probably you are the one that wanted to date him, so anyway i am not blocking your way you can have him anytime you want i just want to help on information if he needed it
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by kennybuda: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2012
@poster
Dont step your feet to nigerian soil without any contact from your root i mean your fathers relatives, Ask your mother she might know something about them they are loads of nigerians in germany attend meetings ask questions to nigerians in your place of residence,there are some of your fathers mate still living around you and germany.@balame i see say your body dey hot grin grin
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by bolame: 8:41pm On Jan 15, 2012
i no have hot body
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by llbhuds: 9:21pm On Jan 15, 2012
bolame:

i no have hot body

lol
u see say u need help now?
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by bolame: 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2012
no, you are the one that need help,in the first place you claimed i posted on this thread that i wanted to date him which i did'nt in anyway and secondly i was replying to kenny and not you in the second comment which i make, but for your info i think toju is more younger than me which would'nt make me in the first place to have any relationship with him and secondly i got my own brit which am hoping to tie the knot with soon.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by chika98: 10:27pm On Jan 15, 2012
LOL! Date him ke? NLanders sha grin

OP: Everyone has given you pretty good advice.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by llbhuds: 10:32pm On Jan 15, 2012
bolame:

no, you are the one that need help,in the first place you claimed i posted on this thread that i wanted to date him which i did'nt in anyway and secondly i was replying to kenny and not you in the second comment which i make, but for your info i think toju is more younger than me which would'nt make me in the first place to have any relationship with him and secondly i got my own brit which am hoping to tie the knot with soon.

grin grin
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by Kay1kay1(m): 12:53am On Jan 16, 2012
@ tojunee

When you approach the embassy, ask if your story can be broadcast on Newsline. It's a Sunday night program on NTA (the national television network)which features different happenings in the country. They'd be happy to assist.

This has worked with a similar case in the past and this could be a good way to start your search.

You do not have to pay anyone for this service.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 16, 2012
One IMPORTANT piece of advice, DO NOT FALL FOR SCAMMERS. Do not send money to anybody.
Make sure a relative of yours is willing and ready to assist you on your journey of discovery.
Goodluck!
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by WAVixen: 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2012
There is no big deal about posting your picture here! I guess you just want to prove to us as being authentic/ real.
@ Nairalanders, I know there are some dubious people amongst us, but lets try and balance our thoughts and opinions. Not EVERY Nigerian has scam at the back of his/her mind. The snide comments remarks are becoming irritating. Lets come of that holier than thou attitude.

@ Poster, try and get as much information as you can from your mum. Did your father have any friends while in Germany? Those you saw on face book did you try and contact them and ask if they knew/ are related to your father? Be wise as you have been warned. All you need is information, so use that to your advantage.

Good luck.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by justwise(m): 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2012
WAVixen:

There is no big deal about posting your picture here! I guess you just want to prove to us as being authentic/ real.
@ Nairalanders, I know there are some dubious people amongst us, but lets try and balance our thoughts and opinions. Not EVERY Nigerian has scam at the back of his/her mind. The snide comments remarks are becoming irritating. Lets come of that holier than thou attitude.

@ Poster, try and get as much information as you can from your mum. Did your father have any friends while in Germany? Those you saw on face book did you try and contact them and ask if they knew/ are related to your father? Be wise as you have been warned. All you need is information, so use that to your advantage.

Good luck.

Its important to remind you that i'm completely entitled to my opinions here just as you are, if my comments here bugs you down then over look it.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by ajadek(m): 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
I think ur fathers his from benin edo state.i can be in help if u need my help,
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by tojunee: 6:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
Thx Guys, I been doing some research, You guys make me do proper research. I cancel my trips until Febuary to um mir genug Zeit make me have enough time to do some research before visit. Thank. a lot guys. Toju
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by WAVixen: 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
justwise:

Its important to remind you that i'm completely entitled to my opinions here just as you are, if my comments here bugs you down then over look it.
We are all entitled to our individual opinions! To have a balanced one is optimal.

I have certainly been overlooking it.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by justwise(m): 9:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
WAVixen:

[/b] We are all entitled to our individual opinions! To have a balanced one is optimal.

I have certainly been overlooking it.

What was unbalanced about my comment to the op?

Do more to over look my comments because i'm not in hurry to change it any soon.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by bolame: 1:30am On Jan 17, 2012
@justwise na wa for you o which one be looking and overlooking it definatly toju can put his pics here if he wanted to or not and nobody can tell him it is unneccesary if he feel it Ok for him to post the pics and someone also mention here that he can try to find his family thru the media e.g television station Nta, Stv etc and i think that would help
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by justwise(m): 8:09am On Jan 17, 2012
bolame:

@justwise na wa for you o which one be looking and overlooking it definatly toju can put his pics here if he wanted to or not and nobody can tell him it is unneccesary if he feel it Ok for him to post the pics and someone also mention here that he can try to find his family thru the media e.g television station Nta, Stv etc and i think that would help

Get over yourself bolame, my comment wouldn't stop tojunee from contacting you for 'help', did you read the part i said that i'm entitled to hold that view?
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by bolame: 3:43pm On Jan 17, 2012
hehehe better that way
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by WAVixen: 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2012
justwise:

What was unbalanced about my comment to the op?

Do more to over look my comments because i'm not in hurry to change it any soon.

I never said you should, as I said we are all entitled to our opinions.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by Basildon1(m): 10:42pm On Jan 17, 2012
Justwise, abeg free Bolame o. Jor o!! The babe is setting paroles! wink
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by justwise(m): 11:26pm On Jan 17, 2012
Basildon1:

Justwise, abeg free Bolame o. Jor o!! The babe is setting paroles! wink

grin grin grin i'm not in her case at all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How True?: Don’t Make Mistake Of Migrating To Canada, It’s A Fool’s Paradise / Shanghai Building Collapse In China. (photos) / Living And Working Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.