Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo (8462 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / Photo:::take A Look At How Norths Use Cows During Election::pics / Residents Flee As Hoodlums Kill Policemen, Injure Many (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 15, 2012
More than 400 cows were killed and shared by hoodlums who hijacked the protest against fuel subsidy removal to loot and attack innocent citizens.

This was disclosed by the Chairman of Edo State Cattle Dealers Association, Alhaji Saad Ahmed when the General Editor, Tell Magazine, Mrs. Adekunbi Ero presented food and other items to persons affected by the activities of hoodlums. Ahmed who pleaded for the Oba of Benin’s assistance to reduce loss to traders said cattle herds had turned game in Benin City and its environs.

According to him, “Here, they killed up to 400 of our cows. When they see grazing cows in the bush they kill them like bush meat. Cows have turned to bush meat in Benin. It can happen anytime. They slaughter the cows and pack meat away.

“We have never witnessed this kind of thing in Benin before. If they had told us we would not have believed. It is our belief that it is not only the Binis that are doing these, but if Omo N’oba speaks they will stop. We like Omo N’oba (Oba of Benin, Omo N’oba Erediauwa) to intervene.”

Meanwhile, patrolling soldiers have arrested more than 12 persons who participated in the killing and sharing of cow in Benin City.

The suspects were arrested after one of the Fulani herdsmen tipped some military men patrolling in the area and they caught them sharing the meat.

Among those arrested is wife of one of the suspects, Mrs. Abbey Mary who was alleged to have used part of the beef to prepare food she was to sell.

Some of the suspects who gave their names as Bashiru Adigin and Peter Oguche denied involvement in the act but could not explained how they came about having large chunk of beef in their homes.

Police spokesman, ASP Ahawara Ejiroro confirmed the arrest and said they would charge the suspects to court after investigation

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/33298-hoodlums-kill-400-cows-during-protest-in-edo.html
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by eghost247(m): 2:27am On Jan 15, 2012
i knew things like this would surely happen with these protests wonder why people cant behave
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by Nobody: 3:29am On Jan 15, 2012
this frosbel is used to picking up silly news without verification. well i'm on ground in benin and not in uk, and that stuf you put up there is trash. the cows werent more than 10.
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by 13volts(m): 8:58am On Jan 15, 2012
When Nigeria newspaper report anything against Muslim or the north bam every body accept the fact without verification, but when it is reported against Christian or south people will conduct an operation on the news discredit it and in some cases outright denial.
@duluminati
even if you like say na only 2 chickens they killed.
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by edoyad(m): 9:09am On Jan 15, 2012
diluminati:

this frosbel is used to picking up silly news without verification. well i'm on ground in benin and not in uk, and that stuf you put up there is trash. the cows werent more than 10.
Are you alright? Is the story from Frosbel or The Nation newspaper?
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by eghost247(m): 9:11am On Jan 15, 2012
edoyad:

Are you alright? Is the story from Frosbel or The Nation newspaper?
lol nairalanders
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by otokx(m): 10:46am On Jan 15, 2012
big lie, 400 cows can feed the entire benin city for 1 month.
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by Beaf: 10:52am On Jan 15, 2012
Those Edo people were just looking for any excuse to strike at malams. Its unfortunate and condemnable, exagerated number of cows or not.
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by bright007(f): 11:03am On Jan 15, 2012
Beaf:

Those my family members were just looking for any excuse to strike at malams. Its unfortunate and condemnable, exagerated number of cows or not.
.Well said.
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by Ayodhejjy(m): 11:11am On Jan 15, 2012
chai! These peopl can lie o. Does cow look lik bird?
400 cows? Bros i beg remove this topic pls
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 15, 2012
They should be happy that its not 400 muslims bombed in a mosque. Those bini people sef. Were they really thirsty for cow meat or its just "spoils of war"
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by Beync(f): 11:22am On Jan 15, 2012
See as them dey bag make oba pity them and interven. big lie @400 cows even thou cow na chicken. now tell your brodas to stop killing innocent people in your village and stop crying over cows.Is  better to kill cows than human not say what they did is right
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by seenoevil1: 11:25am On Jan 15, 2012
cowmeat = #occupyfreshpeppersoup
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by okpurukata(f): 11:31am On Jan 15, 2012
Cows are killed and they are crying. These same cows destroy cas crops all over the south and no one hears a thing. The foolish cow rearers offer no apology for these destructions. They should be grateful and shut up.
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by sheyguy: 11:41am On Jan 15, 2012
Beaf:

Those Edo people were just looking for any excuse to strike at malams. Its unfortunate and condemnable, exagerated number of cows or not.
These are the kind of hijacking we shld bother ourselves with and not falsely accusing rival party members to stir up ethnic sentiments.
I hope the perpetrators are brought to book in order to give it the true face of the random criminal act it is, otherwise they may take as an ethnic or religious attack.
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by edoyad(m): 11:45am On Jan 15, 2012
see*noevil:

cowmeat = #occupyfreshpeppersoup

grin grin
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by laurelxy(m): 12:07pm On Jan 15, 2012
400 cows is exagarated,but all the same,this act should not be condone
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by tjadeba(m): 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2012
Deal with that Mallams and accept your losses, 400 cows still does not equate to one innocent soul killed by your brothers up North.But may God intervene as retaliation in any form would not be in the best interest of us all.Two wrongs would never make a right.I appeal to Southerners not to take laws into their own hands.Government must be ready to take drastic measures to tackle this insecurity issue
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by PA1982(f): 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2012
It's no surprise hoodlums take over legitimate protests.
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by doctokwus: 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2012
[quote author=frosbel link=topic=846273.msg9966552#msg9966552 date=1326588936

This was disclosed by the Chairman of Edo State Cattle Dealers Association, Alhaji Saad Ahmed when the
General Editor, Tell Magazine, Mrs. Adekunbi

According to him, “Here, they killed up to 400 of our cows.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/33298-hoodlums-kill-400-cows-during-protest-in-edo.html

[quote][/quote]
400 cows kor,400 cows ni.D cattle chief& d Tell editor must av struck a deal to massively inflate d numb of cows so as to share in d booty.Nigerian journalist wt their brown envelope mentality
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by snowdrops(m): 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2012
Beaf:

you are a slowpoke for making such a sweeping and silly comment.

Am i surprised; its the lunatic beaf. your reputation precedes you.
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by JUO(m): 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2012
I hope the perpetrators are brought to book in order to give it the true face of the random criminal act it is, otherwise they may take as an ethnic or religious attack.
lol
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by Arosa(m): 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2012
Chei, see free beaf. Edo no dey carry last. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by Beaf: 12:39pm On Jan 15, 2012
snowdrops:

you are a slowpoke for making such a sweeping and silly comment.

Am i surprised; its the lunatic beaf. your reputation precedes you.

Your family members are lunatics. I am sure you were one of those stealing peoples cows.
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2012
What has nairaland turned into? Cow tales making frontpage! Mscheew!
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by snowdrops(m): 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2012
@ OP

The story is complete BULL. I have been in Benin for days; no such act happened. Hoodlums from a particular sect attacked a local bureau de change and caused moderate damage to property and limited injuries. The idiots were thieves and driven by the urge to steal money. No way were 400 cows stolen.

The media have reported so many false stories these past days. They claimed earlier that 4 mosques were burnt in Benin which turned out to be false. Another story was that 4 persons were killed by soldiers of hausa extraction in Benin which was also nonsense.

So guys take such with the slightest pinch of salt especially from the largely Lagos based media.
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by Sijo01(f): 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2012
I wonder wer pipo get all diz bullshit stories 4rm.!
400cows, hw did dey accomplish dat?
luk 4a better gist jor, diz one nor hold water abeg

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by snowdrops(m): 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2012
Beaf:

Your family members are lunatics. I am sure you were one of those stealing peoples cows.
Your thousands of posts in Nairaland typifies the perfect example of a Paranoid Schizophrenic. Add that to the bribe you have received from the ruling PDP to acts as their mouth piece in this forum;well  that makes you a schizophrenic Sewer rat.
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by snowdrops(m): 12:48pm On Jan 15, 2012
Sijo01:

I wonder wer pipo get all diz bullshit stories 4rm.!
400cows, hw did dey accomplish dat?
luk 4a better gist jor, diz one nor hold water abeg

angry angry angry angry angry
Spot on. And to think it made front page when it hardly had 5 responses, beggars belief!!!
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by Beaf: 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2012
snowdrops:

Your thousands of posts in Nairaland typifies the perfect example of a Paranoid Schizophrenic. Add that to the bribe you have received from the ruling PDP to acts as their mouth piece in this forum;well  that makes you a schizophrenic Sewer rat.

Lol! Is that what made you and your thieving people go and steal innocent peoples cows?
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by Sijo01(f): 12:51pm On Jan 15, 2012
snowdrops:

@ OP

The story is complete BULL. I have been in Benin for days; no such act happened. Hoodlums from a particular sect attacked a local bureau de change and caused moderate damage to property and limited injuries. The idiots were thieves and driven by the urge to steal money. No way were 400 cows stolen.

The media have reported so many false stories these past days. They claimed earlier that 4 mosques were burnt in Benin which turned out to be false. Another story was that 4 persons were killed by soldiers of hausa extraction in Benin which was also nonsense.

So guys take such with the slightest pinch of salt especially from the largely Lagos based media.

God bless u 4d clarifications!
I base in Benin & i cant help but wonder wat pipo benefit 4circulating rumors.
i wonder wat diz iz even doin on d front page. mscheeeew.
Re: Hoodlums Kill 400 Cows During Protest In Edo by Koikoi(m): 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2012
How did this make the front page? Thank God it was cows and not humans that were killed. How many people have so far died from the Boko Haram manace in the entire north? Even heard one of the xmas day bombers has been arrested in Borno Governor's lodge with a serving military officer giving him security and killing cow (s) is making big news down here. CAPITAL SHAME

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara / Epidemic Looms In Imo As Heaps Of Refuse Litter Streets / Court Dismisses Suit Challenging Buhari’s Appointment Of 21 Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.