Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Labour Calls Off Strike! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Calls Off Strike! (26641 Views)

Organised Labour Calls For Death Sentence For Treasury Looters / Oil Marketers, Nupeng, Pengassan Call Off Strike / Breaking News:labour Calls Off Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by francis247(m): 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2012
Lordlordedo:

http://einsteingurus.com

FOR THOSE DAT MISS D

MTN 5GB DATA PLAN FREE

IF YOU MISSED THE 3GB DATA PLAN

THAT WE POSTED AT @ http://einsteingurus.com

here IS YOUR CHANCE AGAIN TO

GET THESE FREE

MTN 5GB DATA PLAN HACK FOR 2MONTHS FREE OF CHARGE

WITH AN ELECTRONIC

AUTOMATED CODE

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR

7pm WE ARE POSTING IT LIVE IN http://einsteingurus.com
FUC K outa hear. lying-cheating-deceitful BASTARD!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by mamasani: 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
What about ASUU strike? When are they going to call it off? We are tired of seeing able bodied youths wasting away their lives at home with nothing to occupy them. FG should settle them abeg.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by phreakabit(m): 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
xwolverine:

Latest transfer news: Peter esele and omar abdulwaheed, signs for the federal govt for undisclosed fee,

Men FG squad go come deadly now ehn! These guys pairing na dangerous combo! A-LOOTER CONTINUA
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by plaetton: 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2012
Speaking from the opposite side, I think GEJ's  failure to hold firm on subsidy removal is a monumental failure. At N97/L, there is still a subsidy of about N48/L onf fuel. With a N48?L bounty available for grabs, the rapacious fuel cabal have won this battle and will continue to milk the nation dry. Higher oil prices and weaker naira in the near future will only widen the gap again and in a few months time, the govt will be takling fuel subsidy removal and then its DEJA Vu all over again. With the N48/L loot available to the cabal, the refineries will continue to suffer sabotage. This is Nigeria.
I understand the agony of Nigerians, but lets be realistic, we seem to have our priorities strongly misplaced. Nigerians may be celebrating that were able to win a victory, but its only a pyrrhic victory. The feul subsidy removal was a very very necessary life-saving surgery, albeit very painful because our resident doctor(GEJ) did not administer any anaesthesia beforehand.
We cannot continue to mortgage our future because we want to enjoy cheap fuel. Cheap fuel equals no discipline in its use. Nigerians dont understand the concept of fuel economy and fuel conservation when it comes to buying and driving our ego-centric  SUVs.
I wish and dream of the day when the Nigeria people will rally, as they have done in the past week, to stamp out jumbo pay($1.5m/yr for legislators),corruption and unaccountability at all levels of governance. I have not seen any Nigerian activists organise a protest against any of our numerous politicians who have been charged with embezzling billions of naira of public funds ,and who make use of our weak and corrupt  judicial system to evade punishment. How many are walking talking free today? Orji Uzor Kalu, Peter odilli, Bola Tinubu, just to mention a few. These are the areas we should be channeling our collective anger.
The labour movement has been misguided and probably compromised ,and unfortunately, the Nigerian people had over the past week, fought for the wrong people, the real enemies of our progress
Its natural and human to blame all our problems and vent our frustrations on the man at the top. Anyone who believes that the govt should continue to subsidize fuel, and by extention, subsidize corruption is living a dangerous dilusion.

Governments all over the world subsidize Agriculture and food production, education, health and public transportation. This is where I propose that the new Nigerian movements should focus their newly-found energy and spirit,
No government subsidizes the consumption of any commodity. middle east oil pruducing nations may be able to afford it simply because they have stable currencies , sound economic infrastructures,little or no corruption and small managable populations.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Samueloladapo(m): 3:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
its really sad and pathetic. Even at the face of a likely revolution, our representative chickened out. I really feel there is no difference between d 97 n d 141 cos d prices of commodity dt skyrocked ova tym aint comin down cos no amount of gravity can pull down. Well i dont tink we av any choice but to comply and continue in d shadows of our corrupted and gullible leaders . God will help us.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by dave07(m): 3:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
God bless you NLC/TUC. You taken d right steps throughout dis strike. Let‘s re-strategize 4a better Nigeria. Cheers
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:04pm On Jan 16, 2012
mamasani:

What about ASUU strike? When are they going to call it off? We are tired of seeing able bodied youths wasting away their lives at home with nothing to occupy them. FG should settle them abeg.

Badluck jona no send ASUU for now. govt needs to recover from the loses they have incured for this 6 days strike. the loses is said to be in the range of 1.2 trillion naira. grin
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2012
Labour leaders has betrayed the masses.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Onyiip(f): 3:16pm On Jan 16, 2012
I realy believe Omar tried, if u realy tink he is a betrayal why not lead the protest lets see if you can withstand the pressure and endangering the lives of ur family. How many nigerians can stand for a course lyk dis? Just stop saying he sold u out
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by hbrednic: 3:18pm On Jan 16, 2012
To your tents oh isreal grin grin grin
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Toks2008(m): 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
Barr. Gene:

Labour leaders has betrayed the masses.

Obviously we can see that common sense is not really common. Why not go on strike forever?
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by gascoign1(m): 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
Onyii.p:

I realy believe Omar tried, if u realy tink he is a betrayal why not lead the protest lets see if you can withstand the pressure and endangering the lives of your family. How many nigerians can stand for a course lyk dis? Just stop saying he sold u out

before he choose to be a union leader, he knows what he is faced with,so why supporting his act of betrayal?
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Suntemi(m): 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2012
Onyii.p:

I realy believe Omar tried, if u realy tink he is a betrayal why not lead the protest lets see if you can withstand the pressure and endangering the lives of your family. How many nigerians can stand for a course lyk dis? Just stop saying he sold u out

Was he forced to be the NLC leader? He knew all that before he became the leader. So forget about him endangering the lives of his family.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Omoadugbo(m): 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2012
NIGERIA, the END is NEAR. I salute the Courage of the Nigerian People Far and Near. I salute the LABOUR People too because they have done a Bit, Nigerians are MORE Sensitive and Alive to Issues and a Re-Strategy Program is needed by the Civil Society Groups. SURELY many Nigerians now know More TRUTH. I Wish Nigeria WELL But I doubt the FUTURE of Nigeria. I Think Interest Group around Nigeria should be Preparing for EVENTUALITIES that is Coming.         NIGERIA, the END is NEAR. I salute the Courage of the Nigerian People Far and Near. I also salute the LABOUR People too because they have done a Bit, Nigerians are MORE Sensitive and Alive to Issues and a Re-Strategy Program is needed by the Civil Society Groups. SURELY many Nigerians now know More TRUTH. I Wish Nigeria WELL But I doubt the FUTURE of Nigeria. I Think Interest Group around Nigeria should be Preparing for EVENTUALITIES that is Coming.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by 989900: 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2012
Was he forced to be the NLC leader? He knows all that before he became the leader. So forget about him endangering the lives of his family.

Nice question. . .they are all in it for the money
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Seton(m): 3:24pm On Jan 16, 2012
Now that the strike is called off. I can see 3 actors in this movie: the govt; Labour leaders; and the masses(self-employed and masses).  The winners are govt (because they have achieved their intentions- 50% increase, leaving the cabal to still feast on the economic and the govt officials still having a free day) and Labour (still have their salaries and other emoluments intact even when they did not go to work during this period) and finally the only loser is the masses (still have to endure increase in everything, the self-employed lost so much money/businesses during this period). Paying the price! Can’t see any price the govt and labour is paying.  Next time, shine our eyes
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Ninapha(f): 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2012
@plaetton

May God bless the womb that gave birth to u! Our problem is understanding the concept of subsidy removal.  Goodluck shd not have succumbed to the pressures of the NLC who i believe are even naive about the concept.

Cheap fuel that we clamour would kill our future.  our economy is in big time slavery to the cabals whom i believe are instigating the NLC to fight for them.

Most people protesting hv not taken time to study the concept and has also failed to consider our future.  We are back to point 0!

As it is we cant hold the govt responsible if they fail to develop this country beyond our expectation.  cry cry cry  we hv given them reason to fail.

well Goodluck i hope u are listening, give back the % u hv been mandated to by this 97/L, that way Nigerians can understand that u meant well for us.  U can write ur name in gold by using whatever that comes out of it well.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by safarigirl(f): 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2012
End ☺₣ part one ǡŋ₫ two ☺₣ 'FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL SAGA' J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ wondering if there'll be Ǟ sequel.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by elpatch(m): 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2012
any gist from save nigeria group?or they've been compromised too.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by mrshevy: 3:33pm On Jan 16, 2012
NLC and TUC my foot so all this hunger and life lost will  in vein God see all of you ooooo and i believe only him know the best way to punish you all
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by hbabe(f): 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2012
The sequel will be the masses adjusting to increase in cost of living. And of course SUFFERING and SMILING!
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Suntemi(m): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
Ninapha:

@plaetton

May God bless the womb that gave birth to u! Our problem is understanding the concept of subsidy removal.  Goodluck shd not have succumbed to the pressures of the NLC who i believe are even naive about the concept.

Cheap fuel that we clamour would kill our future.  our economy is in big time slavery to the cabals whom i believe are instigating the NLC to fight for them.

Most people protesting hv not taken time to study the concept and has also failed to consider our future.  We are back to point 0!

As it is we cant hold the govt responsible if they fail to develop this country beyond our expectation.  cry cry cry  we hv given them reason to fail.

well Goodluck i hope u are listening, give back the % u hv been mandated to by this 97/L, that way Nigerians can understand that u meant well for us.  U can write your name in gold by using whatever that comes out of it well.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!

How long do you want me to wait before I tell you; "GEJ disappoints you"? because in 3 years from now, we will not see any impart of the so called % you are talking about. Then, you will remember I told you. This is Nigeria where the same thing happens over and over again.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by ACM10: 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2012
We all know that these labour peeps are sell-out.

It takes a bunch of brainless id!ots to trust them.

That's why Igbo traders refused to join them from day one of their mass hysteria.

In their little mind, they think that they won in the standoff with Jona.

It has always been their pattern all the years.

First, they will inflame people's emotion with their comments.

Then exploit the anger of the masses.

Only for them to go to the back and cut deal with the govt.

Leaving the stup!d masses high and dry.

Too bad that some folks sacrificed their life in this id!ocy.

Igbo people are the most sensible in this debacle for refusing to join up in this group id!ocy.

At the end, nothing is achieved, nothing changes and the little gain of these id!ots will soon be reversed.

mtcheeew. . .phantom country with foolish masses. embarassed

It takes an id!ots to be led by f[i]o[/i]ols
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by mufc009(m): 3:48pm On Jan 16, 2012
In d midst of all this we saw the true faces of those against progress in dis country,they have been identified, Nigerians don't 4get them sad sad embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by velo10: 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2012
Can't wait to read Labour's press release on this
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by DrKnow1(m): 3:56pm On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by philip0906(m): 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2012
Ninapha:

@plaetton

[size=18pt]As it is we cant hold the govt responsible if they fail to develop this country beyond our expectation.[/size]  cry cry cry  we hv given them reason to fail.

well Goodluck i hope u are listening, give back the % u hv been mandated to by this 97/L, that way Nigerians can understand that u meant well for us.  U can write your name in gold by using whatever that comes out of it well.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!
may satan punish u and amadioha strike those fingers used in typing this shyte. . .baboon angry
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Upright750: 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
HA HA HA , NA LAUGH I DEY LAUGH UNA. When government refused to pay the so called NLC money as bribe they will call on some fools to support them on strike in order to give government some kind of pressure but now government has came up with their main request in their close door meeting. After the government has paid in so much money in their account . they didn't think two times before calling off the damm strike. Now who is with you people that went and spend all the days at ojota. You guys should go back to Ojota or are you people still waiting for NLC. zombees. follow follow people   . i new it wont last. because i know some people protest to get their own cut of the cake. Damm it.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by debtech(m): 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2012
It's good that at least our struggle for the past one week was not totally in vain. Let all keep the good spirit. ONE NIGERIA
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by plaetton: 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2012
philip0906:

may satan punish u and amadioha strike those fingers used in typing this shyte. . .baboon angry

I expect you marshall stronger counter arguments, but I guess that would be expecting too much.
Knock knock! Anybody home?
I guess not.
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by chillbabe(f): 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2012
And yes we have a new set of millionaires paid with the innocent blood of 21 peaceful protesters. Sad sad sad
Re: Labour Calls Off Strike! by Rotime1(m): 4:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
I think after all, we should appreciate the nlc and tuc leaders! Though many things might be obscure to us. Everyone will get his/her reward wether good or bad 4 his actions. Kudos to nlc and tuc leaders!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency / Ganduje Bribery Scandal: Conceal It With Your Babanriga - Contractor To Governor / Governor Wike Receives Ooni And Sultan, Hails Nigerian Traditional Rulers (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.