Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

"I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs (7684 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Photo - Buhari Meets Jeffery Feltman USG UN. Dept Of Political Affairs. / Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by opribo(m): 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2012
We will surely move this country forward whether they like it or not. With the calibre of work force assembled by the GEJ led government I am more than convinced that Nigeria will come out stronger and better. The government must remain focused, and resolute in arriving at their set objective. The same type of vigor they exercised during the fuel subsidy strike should be applied in executing the remaining aspect of the strike.

Consequently anybody or group of persons making any treasonable statement must be made a scape goat. Such a person should be sent to the firing squad to warn others passing diversionary comments.
Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by Apollonio: 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
Katsumoto:

Professor Sachs - how much were you paid?

You seriously do not expect the people of Nigeria to believe that a tenured professor of economics (Harvard, Columbia) would be so ignorant of what is going on in the world. You seriously do not expect people to believe that you ventured an opinion on a subject you knew little about.

He dosn´t need to do any research on the economics of fuel subsidy in Nigeria.He could have just dialled the telephone extension number of his colleague,Prof.Xavier Sala-i-Martin, in the same college, who has done a great espose on the subject matter.I am beginning to see a trend of behaviour amongst all these IMF/World Bank attachees.
Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by AjanleKoko: 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
opribo:

We will surely move this country forward whether they like it or not. With the calibre of work force assembled by the GEJ led government I am more than convinced that Nigeria will come out stronger and better. The government must remain focused, and resolute in arriving at their set objective. The same type of vigor they exercised during the fuel subsidy strike should be applied in executing the remaining aspect of the strike.

Consequently anybody or group of persons making any treasonable statement must be made a scape goat. Such a person should be sent to the firing squad to warn others passing diversionary comments.

You made this comment seriously, or after a dose of Sapele water? undecided
Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 17, 2012
Katsumoto:

Professor Sachs - how much were you paid?

You seriously do not expect the people of Nigeria to believe that a tenured professor of economics (Harvard, Columbia) would be so ignorant of what is going on in the world. You seriously do not expect people to believe that you ventured an opinion on a subject you knew little about.

Given that he charges over $40,000 in speaking fees, his consultancy service probably cost a damn sight more.
Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by member479760: 12:38pm On Jan 17, 2012
This is the type of prof they are using to generate unrest in the developing country. The prof is a liar. Son of a bitch.
Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by juman(m): 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2012
There are many many problems that are holding nigeria back.

The government is trying to tackle them one by one. Oil subsidy is one of them.

Removing the subsidy is good idea.

But atleast the government was able to reduce the subsidy.
Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by logica(m): 2:43pm On Jan 17, 2012
Idiota.
Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by dbride: 3:37pm On Jan 17, 2012
@Opribo, Shut up, must you exhibit your ignorance?
Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by IOludayo(m): 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2012
We exclusively represent Aglomar SL, Monaco, Spain, makers of 2 in 1 dual purpose plaster paint and interior decoration products. Our products save you the costs of cement, paint and sand as well as painting and plastering wages. They have been successfully used in Lagos and Ogun States. It provides a unique, water proof finishing for interior and exterior use with the paint being durable for 12 years. It gives your building a unique, beautiful and classy look. It can be used for homes, factories, hotels etc

We wish to partner with individuals, architects engineers, estate developers and builders throughout the country. Contact Ugo-Rosis & Associates on 081 8836 0168, 081 3223 2989. Distributors and marketers wanted nationwide.

see us online at /ugo-rosis OR connect with the Biz Dev Manager on facebook.com/isaacbiz
Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 17, 2012
This news story is baseless - no validity, no veracity. The link provided by the original poster is a bot.
Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2012
^^^ How is a link to a story a bot? lipsrsealed
Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 17, 2012
^^^
That's the message I got trying to visit the link page! Sorry, if that sounded disturbing to you.

It works now!

My apology. It is due to some conflicting script from server!
Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by swiftycool(m): 10:11am On Jan 18, 2012
Oh the advice from GEj's highly respected international community on such a sensitive issue to affect milliions of lives was a mistake wasn't it? Typical of these Economic assasins from d IMF preying on developing nations for their own secret benefits and succeed in 4uckin dem in d arse everytime. Surely it was a lot easier since the president of d country was a dishonest and weak blockhead! So I guess we just accept the appologies, burry our dead, pray 4 a miracle and just move on?

When will we ever learn cry
Re: "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs by BashMe1(m): 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2012
This is enuf reason to battle this corrupt governance in Nigeria. We need to occupy Naija that's all i av to say.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ACN Wins 19 LGAs In Ogun / EFCC Arrests FAAN Official With N218m At MMA, Lagos / Sheriff Is Working For The Enemies Of Our Party – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.