Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! (14083 Views)

The False Accusations Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala / Photo - Buhari Meets Jeffery Feltman USG UN. Dept Of Political Affairs. / "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by lazinc(m): 1:56pm On Mar 25, 2012
Flash! Ghana against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated US development economist Professor Jeffrey Sachs. A statement written by Ghana’s Finance and Economic Planning Minister, Dr Kwabena Duffuor and posted on Prof. Sachs’ website March 20, 2012 said “I am writing… to nominate Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs for the Presidency of the World Bank.” According to Dr Duffuor, in the statement, Professor Sachs has worked closely with the government of Ghana for many years to support our development efforts. Meanwhile Ghanian nominee for World Bank Head Jeffery Sachs is backing American candidate Jim Yong Kim.

http://www.ghanabusinessnews.com/2012/03/25/official-ghana-nominated-economist-jeffrey-sachs-for-world-bank-presidency/
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Kobojunkie: 2:02pm On Mar 25, 2012
laz_inc: Flash! Ghana against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated US development economist Professor Jeffrey Sachs. A statement written by Ghana’s Finance and Economic Planning Minister, Dr Kwabena Duffuor and posted on Prof. Sachs’ website March 20, 2012 said “I am writing… to nominate Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs for the Presidency of the World Bank.” According to Dr Duffuor, in the statement, Professor Sachs has worked closely with the government of Ghana for many years to support our development efforts. Meanwhile Ghanian nominee for World Bank Head Jeffery Sachs is backing American candidate Jim Yong Kim.

http://www.ghanabusinessnews.com/2012/03/25/official-ghana-nominated-economist-jeffrey-sachs-for-world-bank-presidency/

A reasonable reason to support Sachs, if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 25, 2012
First they oppose our clamour for the position of AU chair, and now they wrong-foot our nominee as World Bank president.
These Ghanaians wicked mehn grin
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Akwasi(m): 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2012
laz_inc: Flash! Ghana against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated US development economist Professor Jeffrey Sachs. A statement written by Ghana’s Finance and Economic Planning Minister, Dr Kwabena Duffuor and posted on Prof. Sachs’ website March 20, 2012 said “I am writing… to nominate Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs for the Presidency of the World Bank.” According to Dr Duffuor, in the statement, Professor Sachs has worked closely with the government of Ghana for many years to support our development efforts. Meanwhile Ghanian nominee for World Bank Head Jeffery Sachs is backing American candidate Jim Yong Kim.

Ghana is a sovereign nation...free to decide for itself. I still believe NOI will get there. A similar thing happened to Kofi Annan but he prevailed in the end.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by executinal(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2012
Ghana at it again grin
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Afam4eva(m): 4:33pm On Mar 25, 2012
Ghana will rather nominate an Iraqi than a Nigerian.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by mycito90: 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2012
yea i support the move.....
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Afam4eva(m): 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2012
This is very risky because we need as many developing countries as we can on the side of Ngozi. This one that Obama has nominated that Dartmouth president, i want to believe their allies will do the same. I won't be surprised if GEJ nominates an American.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by ZUBY77(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2012
They have a very good reason.
So the math now is
Ghana for Sachs,
Sachs for Kim.
Ghana for kim then.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by 1025: 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2012
let us tell ourselves the truth. if okonjo fuel subsidy context for anything here in nigeria under a free and fair election, she will fail woefully. if many nigerians including myself will vote against madam subsidy removal, what more ghanians?
the extra N32 added per litre or fuel will provide her enough money to live the rest of her life so why worrying herself with world bank president?
who on earth will even vote for a nigerian serving under the most corrupt govt in the world to be the world bank chairman? it will be total madness if world leaders over look the situation in nigeria and go ahead and make this woman the chairman.
Dear world leaders,
please look into the situation in nigeria and understand it that no nigerian is worth that sensitive post at the moment.
charity must, should and will start at home and not at world bank.
let okonjo iweala tell nigerians what happened to the additional N32 per litre she preached us into before looking outward.
please, please and please, nobody should vote for nigerians not even the ones serving under a pdp led corrupt govt.
thanks and God bless you all.
nigerian

6 Likes

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Afam4eva(m): 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2012
Has anyone nominated Ngozi yet?
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2012
If NOI eventually wins it, how does that affect the price of garri and smoked fish in the market.

3 Likes

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by solomon111(m): 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2012
I just pity them!
They forget that they are in the same region with us.Even the south -africans( who far more useful and mightier than ghana) and are used to opposing us,are with us on this after having felt the international might of Nigeria. Ghana are surely, standing on a long thing.
Woe,betides them,if NOI loses this, because of their elusive vote.
It will be covert diplomatic war!
Indeed,ghanaian govt officials are not very smart.
Inferior complex ravaged nation.

5 Likes

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by ochukoccna: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2012
The same ghana that we burrowed money when OBJ was president? undecided undecided undecided
9ja has to rethink her foreign policy and aid to other countries fast enough!

1 Like

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by tanimola22: 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2012
ZUBY77: They have a very good reason.
So the math now is
Ghana for Sachs,
Sachs for Kim.
Ghana for kim then.

Hahahaha. Transitivity!!!!
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 25, 2012
solomon111: I just pity them!
They forget that they are in the same region with us.Even the south -africans( who far more useful and mightier than ghana) and are used to opposing us,are with us on this after having felt the international might of Nigeria.(??) Ghana are surely, standing on a long thing.
Woe,betides them,if NOI loses this, because of their elusive vote.
It will be covert diplomatic war!
Indeed,ghanaian govt officials are not very smart.
Inferior complex ravaged nation.

you use that disgusting language to describe Ghana, and then
you have the nerve to wonder why they didn't vote for NOI? Smh.
And even then since when did coming from "the same region" make someone
any more qualified for the applied position? That make any sense to you?
Some people need to grow the hell up.

6 Likes

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Afam4eva(m): 4:54pm On Mar 25, 2012
ochukoccna: The same ghana that we burrowed money when OBJ was president? undecided undecided undecided
9ja has to rethink her foreign policy and aid to other countries fast enough!

I can see a similarity between Ghana and D'banj. They both think because things are looking up for them, that they can forget where they started from. They will both live to regret it.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by neymar11: 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2012
Akwasi:

Ghana is a sovereign nation...free to decide for itself. I still believe NOI will get there. A similar thing happened to Kofi Annan but he prevailed in the end.
I agree with you.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

A reasonable reason to support Sachs, if you ask me.

^^^I beg to differ. If Ghanas support for the man is based solely on what he's done for Ghana, then they're being hypocrites and two-faced. I'm not trying to demean Sachs contributions to Ghanas development, but it pales into insignificance when compared to what Nigeria has done for Ghana, inspite of our rocky past history together.

I was watching an interview a few weeks ago (moments with Mo) in which the immediate past President of Ghana was being interviewed, and he noted the special relationship between the two countries, pointing out that there was a time during his Presidency when Ghana was in such dire straits that they couldn't afford to pay for fuel, service debts, etc. This would have led to an economic crises had Nigeria not stepped in to help: if my memory serves me right, Ghana imported fuel from Nigeria on credit for a couple of months, thus helping the country to stabilise itself. That's what brothers do for one another, not to talk of the fact we share a common political and economic destiny in ECOWAS.

Even today, there's a main thoroughfare in Accra named after Obasanjo, and the gesture is also reciprocated in many cities in Nigeria.

I think the present Ghana President either has a short memory or hasn't been sufficiently briefed on Nigeria by his predecessor.

All this talk of African brotherhood and solidarity is all hogwash. This can be seen on a national scale in Nigeria, and a regional scale in West Africa.

7 Likes

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Afam4eva(m): 4:57pm On Mar 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

I want to believe all the contenders are qualified for the post, so that shouldn't be the issue. The issue should be "from whose presidency will you benefit more?". Ghana know that they'll benefit more from a president from west Africa.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2012
1025: let us tell ourselves the truth. if okonjo fuel subsidy context for anything here in nigeria under a free and fair election, she will fail woefully. if many nigerians including myself will vote against madam subsidy removal, what more ghanians?
the extra N32 added per litre or fuel will provide her enough money to live the rest of her life so why worrying herself with world bank president?
who on earth will even vote for a nigerian serving under the most corrupt govt in the world to be the world bank chairman? it will be total madness if world leaders over look the situation in nigeria and go ahead and make this woman the chairman.
Dear world leaders,
please look into the situation in nigeria and understand it that no nigerian is worth that sensitive post at the moment.
let okonjo iweala tell nigerians what happened to the additional N32 per litre she preached us into before looking outward.
please, please and please, nobody should vote for nigerians not even the ones serving under a pdp led corrupt govt.
nigerian

You TOTALLY took those words off my mouth. Word for word of it.

NIGERIANS are you aware the Subsidy removal was to dance to the tune of WORLD BANK,IMF nd other foreign financial institutions?

Ngozi traded Nigerians happinedd aiming for the Post of World Bank President. You all irrespective of tribe and religion should open your eyes to see that it is Karma catching up with her.

She lied to us that their were palliatives (things rightly meant for us) put in place after the fuel subsidy removal. Almost 3 months after can they point to any single benefit to us? The answer is NO!

The same people that deceived her to go and impoverish her people are the same ones to deny her the post they have earlier promised her she had a great prospect of getting.

Ngozi should know that what goes round, surely do come round.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Callotti: 5:05pm On Mar 25, 2012
Could Ghana be jealous of Nigeria's NOI?
Which begs the main question. . .
WHAT EXACTLY HAS NOI BEEN DOING IN THE WORLD BANK?
Figure-heading?
No pun intended!

No problem. I would NOT nominate her myself if it were up to me.
Let her sit her arzzzze in Nigeria and continue to LOOT!kiss
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by kizito96(m): 5:05pm On Mar 25, 2012
Is Jonathan and Nigerians learning anything?
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2012
I'v always known dat naija is the least luvd by ghana. Our status in africa intimidates dem!
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by cashmentor(m): 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

ehhhenn, so what? Are you going to slap him or kiss him? Just coz Ghana's economy is growing pretty fast doesn't place 'em as the Lord of West Africa or Africa in General! Yes, they do have their own rights, but u guys should stop worshipping Obama just coz he like's u.... For once in your envyable life, support a Brother...and stop this" i too know mentality"
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by solomon111(m): 5:08pm On Mar 25, 2012
@msdarkskin
will you pls shut the hell up.
What do you know about african issues.?
If you were enlightened, ynu would know that this is not the first time, ghana is betraying us,despite our support to them.
What makes jerry sacchs more qualified than NOI,if not that they want to spite us.
I think you should research on the both of them,and decide who is more qualified.
TO ALL NIGERIANS,IT IS TIME WE ALL GIVE UP,THIS PAN-AFRICAN UTOPIAN DREAM ,AND LOOK OUT 4 OURSELVES.
WE SHOULD REVIEW OUR RELATIONS WITH THESE AFRICAN NATIONS.

6 Likes

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2012
afam4eva: Ghana will rather nominate an Iraqi than a Nigerian.

^^^What we see with Ghanas action towards Nigeria mirrors what we see in Nigeria: They'd rather see the Devil become World Bank President than a Nigerian; likewise some bitter bigots would rather see a foreigner get the job than an 'okoro' woman.

The very reason Nigeria cannot soar to great heights is b'cos everyone is not pulling in the same direction with one national ethos. There's too much bitterness, jealousy, bad belle and if-my-kinsman-no-get-am-make-the-thing-scatter syndrome.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by cashmentor(m): 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2012
1025: let us tell ourselves the truth. if okonjo fuel subsidy context for anything here in nigeria under a free and fair election, she will fail woefully. if many nigerians including myself will vote against madam subsidy removal, what more ghanians?
Dear world leaders,
nigerian
I sure don't like that woman, buh, i wouldn't dare post that trash u just spit out! GUSH! Even if she wins or lose, she's still a Nigerian- a patriotic & better one than your angry, bitter a**! Why? Coz she left that same lucrative job to serve or, maybe purnish u some years back.....she has long regretted her wrongs with the subsidy blah blah blah, just move on bro.... Peace!

1 Like

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2012
Well don't blame the Ghanians. This is what you get when you aren't even united amongst yourselves.

Fellow Nigerians will play power play underground to make sure Ngozi doesn't get that seat.

I see Nzogi as someone who even being World's Bank President will only bring about policies to impoverish Nigeria and Africa further because she will go dancing to the tunes of the western countries who are world's bank major financiers.
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Danigmatic(m): 5:16pm On Mar 25, 2012
When did †ђξ sit of presidency of world bank become a political battle?,,re people voting people ώђo would make policies that we re going to benefit from?,,NOI should know charity begins @ home,,she will definitely lose that sit
Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by theviper1: 5:20pm On Mar 25, 2012
much as Ghana is a soverign country and free to do whatever she wishes to do,@afam4eva have said it all that Ghana will rather nominate and vote 4 osama bi laden than a candidate from nigeria. and truely,most of us thinks and talks from their arse.that was a piece of ill-thought junk from @1025.so its NOI who is responsible for the removal of the fuel subsidy and she is the one whos going to pocket the money? Jesus!sme of us sucks to high heaven.anyway 4 ur uninformed mind,the woman was a senior staff at that financial institution and has been tried and found to be competent.and talking about corruption,did u know of an american ex-president of that bank who was using the bank's money to pay a girlfriend she employed there without the approval of the bank's executives.corruption exists in all spheres of life.and u cant point to where this woman has been accused or proven of corrupt practises.na availability of computer and internet dey cause some of una to reason from ur unholy parts of the body.

2 Likes

Re: Flash! Ghana Against Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. Nominated Prof. Jeffery Sachs!! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 25, 2012
Ghana will always be Ghana; they will always go left if Nigeria goes right. I know pig-faced Ngozi iweala has zero chance of winning, but Ghana not showing African solidarity shows how much they hate anything Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Accredited, Expresses Satisfaction / Adelphine Ajoke Okupe Buried. Doyin Okupe Buries His Mother / Shehu Sani Speaks Against APC Indirect Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.