Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana (7294 Views)

Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Photos From A Protest In Rivers Against Wike Alledged Plan To Sack LG Chairmen / I Will Lead A War Against Apc Like Ojukwu-wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Beaf: 8:13am On Jan 17, 2012
[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=Femi_Falana._2_jpg1_new_new_553128645.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

The statement reads: “My movement was illegally restricted by armed troops in Lagos.  At about 7.30 this morning, my movement was rudely curtailed at Maryland, Lagos by armed soldiers who claimed that they were under strict instructions “ from above” to prevent me from leading or joining fellow Nigerians to continue the popular protests against the illegal increase in the pump price of PMS or petrol.

“Shortly thereafter, the members of the Joint Action Front (JAF), who were on a peaceful march from Yaba to the Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park, Ojota, were teargassed and dispersed at Fadeyi in Lagos by a combined team of armed goons without any justification. I have also received complaints of unwarranted harassment  of other unarmed protesters in several parts of Lagos. At about 1 a.m this morning, the Freedom Park  had been  illegally surrounded with armoured tanks by soldiers who subjected innocent members of the public to intimidation in a desperate bid to prevent the resumption of protests against  the removal of fuel subsidy.

“It is unfortunate that Dr Goodluck Jonathan, who rode to power on the basis of the series of protests held in Lagos and Abuja by civil society  organisations, can deploy armed troops to attack the same  forces. [size=14pt]It is on record that  no protest  was staged in Niger Delta at the time either by militants or Southsouth leaders. Those who have opportunistically read ethnic motivations to the struggle of the Nigerian people against the fuel importation scam and gross corruption in the country will soon live to regret their action. [/size]

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/33573-my-movement-curtailed-says-falana.html
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Beaf: 8:19am On Jan 17, 2012
It would seem that Niger Deltans saw the protests as ethnically prejudiced and so stayed away.

There are 10 years olds "occupying" Kano and Kaduna. In the raid on the government house a few people were shot, among the dead are 12 year olds and 15 year olds.
What do these kids know about the fuel subsidy? They could only have been brought out by bigotry; therefore Niger Deltans did well not to protest.

In any event, what right has Falana got to question anybody elses choice of action in a democracy? Who the hell does he think he is?
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Demdem(m): 8:29am On Jan 17, 2012
Falana is on point. Disprove him if u can.

[b]The statement reads: “My movement was illegally restricted by armed troops in Lagos.  At about 7.30 this morning, my movement was rudely curtailed at Maryland, Lagos by armed soldiers who claimed that they were under strict instructions “ from above” to prevent me from leading or joining fellow Nigerians to continue the popular protests against the illegal increase in the pump price of PMS or petrol.

“Shortly thereafter, the members of the Joint Action Front (JAF), who were on a peaceful march from Yaba to the Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park, Ojota, were teargassed and dispersed at Fadeyi in Lagos by a combined team of armed goons without any justification. I have also received complaints of unwarranted harassment  of other unarmed protesters in several parts of Lagos. At about 1 a.m this morning, the Freedom Park  had been  illegally surrounded with armoured tanks by soldiers who subjected innocent members of the public to intimidation in a desperate bid to prevent the resumption of protests against  the removal of fuel subsidy.

“It is unfortunate that Dr Goodluck Jonathan, who rode to power on the basis of the series of protests held in Lagos and Abuja by civil society  organisations, can deploy armed troops to attack the same  forces.[/b]

By the way, what can you say to the above. Is it right in a democratic setting?
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Beaf: 8:34am On Jan 17, 2012
^
Who cares about whether soldiers stopped him or not?
The man has proven himself to be the unevolved type that halucinates about belonging to a superior race. A man in the public glare should be a mentally balanced character that never utters such despicable words.

His actions only go to prove that the protests and riots were driven by bigotry.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Demdem(m): 8:35am On Jan 17, 2012
This a post from a fellow NL https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-847522.32.html

Fellow Citizens,

Lets neglect comments of our beloved brothers and sisters from the east and south south- Their comments is a type of corruption in itself called nepotism - i.e. giving unmerited favour to your kinsman at ALL COST when he least deserves it. OBJ did not win election even in his ward in south west in 1999 but we delivered the west to Jonathan in 2011. We are civilized people without sentiment. We protested against some people called cabals to make sure Jonathan was confirmed acting president. No sentiment

Where was SS/SE when we protested against the CABALs who failed to make Jonathan the substantive acting president when Yar adua was sick? Did they join in the protest? No. Where were they when we protested against Abacha and IBB? Where were they when we protested against OBJ on fuel subsidy led by Oshiomole? Where were they when we protested against the annulment of June 12 election. Where were they when The Ganis, Kutis, Falanas, alfreds, faseuns, Adesanyas e.tc were laying their lives to make Our President beneficiary of the struggles he knows little about. The history of civil protest in Nigeria has also been without them because they are educationally disadvantage, they cannot protest for or against what they don't even understand.

Jonathan came to Lagos and danced before us like a beggar pleading for our votes, he danced to the same music we played at Gani-Fawehinmi park we trusted him and voted him, even OBJ did not get that kind of support. Now we did the same thing and people who now claim to be his brother are angry, Jona himself is angry. Why are you angry? What kind of people would call a fellow man Monkey? We understand the average psyche of anyone from the east, you got admitted to our universities with 5 ordinary passes because we recognised you are educational disadvantage and we don't expect much sense from you.

If you can relate well with your environment, you would agree that the protest was avoidable, if Our President (Not Ijaw or Ibo President) respect the constitution he swore to uphold. The National Assemble - Who were the representative of the people convened on an usual day -Sunday- and spoke with one voice that he should revert back to 65 Naira. But he declined. When the President violate the principle of democracy and disrespect the peoples reepresentatives he gets what he deserves-Peaceful protest.Respect is reciprocal.

Should a man who lives on the bank of the river wash his hand with spittle? - An Ibo Proverb
Should a man bite the finger that fed him? An Ibo Proverbs
Is it not greed that makes an hunter who killed an elephant to still want to hunt for rats on his way home?

While I agree that it is never right to Kill another man for any reason like the Boko-Haram sect, It is the act of oppression through military force like the ones deployed to forestall peaceful protest in Gani Fawehinmi Park that might have been responsible for the creation of such sect. Your sect in south south (Kidnappers) and SE (otokoto) was the result of similar neglect. Yar-Adua was responsible enough to listen to you, bring you out of the creeks and send you to school so that you behave like responsible people. Because he listened he even appointed - Jonathan as his running mate. Let Our President - Not Ijaw or SS or SE President listen to us and we would have a better Nigeria.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Demdem(m): 8:36am On Jan 17, 2012
Beaf:

^
Who cares about whether soldiers stopped him or not? [s]The man has proven himself to be the unevolved sort that halucinates about belonging to a superior race.[/s]

Typical u. U see ur life?
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by dayokanu(m): 8:37am On Jan 17, 2012
At least we know who the hypocrites are

When Falana protested against IBB he was hailed by South South,
When he protested against Abacha for killing Saro Wiwa he was hailed
when he protested against OBJ anytime fuel prices was increased he was hailed

When he now protested against Jonathan, we know the response from the SS.

We all dey watch
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 17, 2012
Beaf:

It would seem that Niger Deltans saw the protests as ethnically prejudiced and so stayed away.

There are 10 years olds "occupying" Kano and Kaduna. In the raid on the government house a few people were shot, among the dead are 12 year olds and 15 year olds.
What do these kids know about the fuel subsidy? They could only have been brought out by bigotry; therefore Niger Deltans did well not to protest.

In any event, what right has Falana got to question anybody elses choice of action in a democracy? Who the hell does he think he is?

What kind of government would kill 10 and 12 year olds in the name of putting down a protest!
P.S You can question anyone's choice in a democracy, but you just can't shoot them. This is what GEJ is doing; Shooting his opponents.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by dayokanu(m): 8:40am On Jan 17, 2012
‎''I have a Niger Delta friend.When I fought IBB nd IBB threw me to jail,my friend called me a hero.When I fought shonekan nd I was detained,my friend called me a hero.When I fought Abacha nd Abacha sent me to prison,my friend still called me a hero.When I fought Obj third term my friend calld me a hero.Today for standing up to Jonathan over subsidy removal, my friend is calling me a sectionalist.''-Shehu Sani.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Demdem(m): 8:41am On Jan 17, 2012
Aigbofa:

What kind of government would kill 10 and 12 year olds in the name of putting down a protest!

A God-Forsaken r*e*tarded Govt.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Demdem(m): 8:43am On Jan 17, 2012
I live with Niger-Deltans. they are lovely set of people. They also arent happy with developments in the country but the courage to fight their own is the main challenge. They believe doing such will expose the Retardeen to the hands of the Abokis which may be unfortunate. They are simply suffering but smiling.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by joeyfire(m): 8:47am On Jan 17, 2012
@ op- kindly change the misleading title of this topic. Falana did not threaten anybody. The man related his account and I could not find any faults in his statement
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Beaf: 8:50am On Jan 17, 2012
Aigbofa:

P.S You can question anyone's choice in a democracy, but you just can't shoot them. This is what GEJ is doing; Shooting his opponents.

Our armed forces have always been poorly trained, so please stop fitting crimes on GEJ and behaving like Falana.
Would you kindly address Falana's disgusting behaviour? Do you think it is normal or are you just trying to deflect from the obvious?
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Demdem(m): 8:54am On Jan 17, 2012
Beaf:

Our armed forces have always been poorly trained, [b]so please stop fitting crimes on GEJ [/b]and behaving like Falana.
Would you kindly address Falana's disgusting behaviour? Do you think it is normal or are you just trying to deflect from the obvious?

Why wont we? what has the Retardeen done in almost two years in power to address this malady?
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Demdem(m): 9:03am On Jan 17, 2012
Already, i make bold to say that the people have started regretting their actions. Initially when Fuel was officially N65 in the country, fuel in the riverine areas that i know vary from N90 to N110. Now that its N97, i wonder what it will be over there. yet the income level of these people remained the same. The infrastructures are non-existent. Governance is no where to be found despite the funds given to their governors + NDDC + Ministry of ND + 13% derivation + oil companies intervention etc. The so called militants (Thieves) and their warlords have left them to enjoy amnesty money. Honestly i feel sorry for these people. They deserve more than these.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by montelik(m): 9:10am On Jan 17, 2012
dayokanu:

At least we know who the hypocrites are

When Falana protested against IBB he was hailed by South South,
When he protested against Abacha for killing Saro Wiwa he was hailed
when he protested against OBJ anytime fuel prices was increased he was hailed

When he now protested against Jonathan, we know the response from the SS.

We all dey watch

+10
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Kx: 9:12am On Jan 17, 2012
Well, now that it is N97 official.
it should nt sell for less than N270 in the SE and SS and they did nt see the need to protest because of ethnicity.

They are only "doing themselves"
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by NegroNtns(m): 9:21am On Jan 17, 2012
Our armed forces have always been poorly trained,

. . . .and they were dispatched by a poorly trained CiC.

Would you deploy a poorly trained army on your citizens if you were President?

No,. . .hold on, where are you from again? cheesy fishermen of downcreek pedigree flock together, think alike and act similar!
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Rhino5dm: 9:25am On Jan 17, 2012
My brother we all know the truth, atleast those of us working with the locals from creek to creek.

Yestarday i over hear some guys at a filling station after air force, before rumoumasi junction, shouting to the dispenser that fuel must be sold at 97naira/liter. shocked

can you believe this?

Demdem:

I live with Niger-Deltans. they are lovely set of people. They also arent happy with developments in the country but the courage to fight their own is the main challenge. They believe doing such will expose the Retardeen to the hands of the Abokis which may be unfortunate. They are simply suffering but smiling.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by dustydee: 9:27am On Jan 17, 2012
Beaf where were you when the same people you are trying to vilify were fighting to keep your master in office?
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by MyloXyloto: 9:28am On Jan 17, 2012
Beaf:

^
Who cares about whether soldiers stopped him or not?
The man has proven himself to be the unevolved type that halucinates about belonging to a superior race. A man in the public glare should be a mentally balanced character that never utters such despicable words.

His actions only go to prove that the protests and riots were driven by bigotry.

Beaf, Please shut up your silly mouth or is it your mumu hand that you use to type rubbish.

I am from the so-called South-South and I am in total support of the stance of the likes of Falana on this fuel subsidy issue. The issues here go beyond tribe and ethnicity. If in your myopia, you choose to read ethnicity into it, then you are truly an unfortunate soul.

Come to think of it, if Pa Enahoro ( a thorough-bred SS indigene) were alive today, do you think he would join the likes of Falana to protest against GEJ or do you think he will join small souls like you, Asari Dokubo and Edwin Clark to spew this your rubbish?

The future of the SS and SE is doomed if opinions of people like you continue to hold sway.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Rhino5dm: 9:36am On Jan 17, 2012
The low-lifer was composing mails to Nasir El-rufai for house rent assistance. He couldn't even pay for a common "house rent"!

Such was the state of the hunt dog, before jumping on fresh air train to steal millions.

dustydee:

[b]Beaf where were you [/b]when the same people you are trying to vilify were fighting to keep your master in office?
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by birdman(m): 9:51am On Jan 17, 2012
I'm happy to see Falana call out the SS. You would think they would show the most outrage. Till today PIB bill has gone nowhere, even with a "son of the soil" in power. Saro-Wiwa rolls in his grave.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Jakumo(m): 10:04am On Jan 17, 2012
All who aspire to become Nigerian labor union leaders dream of one day calling for national strikes to commence, being invited to the seat of federal power, where would await appeasement bribes of more money than they could legitimately earn in two or more normal lifespans on civil servant's salaries, all in exchange for simply calling off the strikes they organized to gain personal recognition and relevance that could be parlayed into raw cash passed into their hands under the "negotiating" table.

The recent overnight doubling of gasoline prices in Nigeria provided the current crop of labor union leaders with that chance of a lifetime to score big, but if the performance was to have any chance of forcing government officials to share a few chunks of The Mother-Lode, much noise, smoke and fury would need to be threatened, mustered and delivered for the benefit of the world's news outlets.     Unwitting unpaid extras in their hundreds or thousands, riled up by fiery speeches to march city streets chanting and waving angry placards, provided dramatic backdrop to the movie-set facade, where the mandatory choreographed production, replete with footage of burning tires, circling helicopters and swarming mobs, unfolded for CNN cameras.

Now that the movie production is a wrap, and all previously irate labor leaders have become as docile as satiated sharks fed to the gills on a floating whale carcass, the originally intended 50% increase in fuel prices sought by government economic advisers was achieved after taking the scenic route, with a few riots, rabble-rousing rallies and mob melees along the way to keep things fresh and novel.

Lawyer Falana ranks second only to the Late Lawyer Gani Fawehinmi,  for total lifetime tally of arrests by agents of Nigerian military dictatorships, on account of civil rights protests and litigation, however, his expressed disappointment over the fact that the Niger Delta states chose not to join the national fuel strike drama is not one of his better calls.   It may not have occurred to Mr. Falana that the character or decisions of Nigeria's first ever Niger Delta native President will not be impugned by his long-neglected tribesmen and women, for as long as he is in office, regardless of how loud a few bribe-seeking labor union leaders shout through their megaphones to rented crowds of area boys in Lagos or Kano.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 17, 2012
Demdem:

Already, i make bold to say that the people have started regretting their actions. Initially when Fuel was officially N65 in the country, fuel in the riverine areas that i know vary from N90 to N110. Now that its N97, i wonder what it will be over there. yet the income level of these people remained the same. The infrastructures are non-existent. Governance is no where to be found despite the funds given to their governors + NDDC + Ministry of ND + 13% derivation + oil companies intervention etc. The so called militants (Thieves) and their warlords have left them to enjoy amnesty money. Honestly i feel sorry for these people. They deserve more than these.

I have lived with my cousins in Port Harcourt where I ended up having friends who happens to be majority Ijaw, generally, IJAWS are well meaning people and they are naive/easily manipulated, Nobody really represents them in Nigeria,

I have tried to let them know that they don't have any representation in Nigeria and same with Yorubas and Igbos etc, What you see in the West are well guided persons who love their people. Femi Falana, Tunde Bakare, The Kutis, Fawehinmis etc, are not Yoruba leaders; instead are Yorubas who are fighting for not just Yorubas but Nigerians generally

Ijaws on the other hand have no leader willing to do anything for them specifically. Ijaw communities remain the same even after all the things of militancy etc, Things have always been the same, Is Ben Bruce a Yoruba? No, he is Ijaw and if you ask him where he stands, trust me, he hangs Lagos on his heart any day! Forget that Lagos follows other Yoruba states as a political bloc, we are all LAGOS over here by the atlantic and whether Ijaw or whatever, you will see things the Lagos way which is by extension the Yoruba way. You will see Ijaw youths among the protesters in Lagos, You will see Igbos, Isokos, Hausas etc,

If you don't understand the sophistication the Yorubas have attained, you are most likely to call them traitors, parasites etc, They will fight their own which some of you will call betrayal but we see it as discipline. We don't own Nigeria and we don't think only Yorubas should get there or anything of such, we actually want a Nigeria where anyone is anything positively. To accuse us of Tribalism in this protest is ignoring our sacrifices for Nigeria's democracy. We lost lots of our geniuses to attaining Democracy not for Yorubas but for Nigerians, We will support you when you do good hence why some of outsiders think we are aligning with the North; same north that all our kinsmen politically fought and lost their lives?. But the truth is we hate Abacha doesn't mean we must hate Ribadu by tribal extension. Don't hate us for that. Also, don't hate us for not aligning with other "southerners" only when you need to politically sabotage "NORTH"
Yar'adua senior fourth and fouth till death against Abacha, the Yorubas also fought Abacha but even that doesn't make Yaradua our friend because he fought for his own reasons, our kinsmen fourth for there and the reason Yorubas, Yaradua senior fouth Abacha could be conflicting so no enemy of an enemy is a friend thing. We were OBJ's nightmare during his terms and we suffered under him even though he is Yoruba. Why would ACN vote for Tambulawal? Even when PDP presented a Yoruba candidate (ACN won Yoruba states majority of ACN reps are Yorubas doesn't mean ACN is a Yoruba party)

Fela Kuti (Yoruba), was one person against Abiola (A Yoruba), People outside the Yoruba's sophistication will see it as betrayal but we see it as not seeing everything in black and white, That's a simplistic way, you called us parasites because of oil but we have been the ones voicing for you to have total control over your oil. We just want our civilization and development to continue.  We don't have friends or enemies as these are seasonal relationships in the mental cycle.

UNDERSTAND OUR SOPHISTICATION AND YOU WILL BE NEUTRAL TOWARDS US NOT HATE OR LOVE

WE ARE NOT TRIBALISTS BECAUSE WE HATE OJUKWU or Jonathan or IBB etc, Even the said Ojukwu owned properties in Lagos have we ever threatened to confiscate or destroy them? Stop spreading propagandas about us, as many of you in Yorubaland have seen if we were spreading 1% of the propaganda you spread about us about u, you won't be anywhere near Yorubaland.

SOPHISTICATION: CAN WE GET THAT BACK FROM YOU GUYS WHILE WE C0-RUN THIS NATION?
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by hillsate: 10:28am On Jan 17, 2012
Beaf:

A 12yr old who takes bike to and fro school is now told he has to trek, and another who is given money for break time in school is now told he has to go without.
You dont need to understand subsidy removal to feel the impact.
Beaf, your posts here are always biased. its because of people like you that Nigeria is not progressing. I dont know why nairalanders think you are a force to be reckoned with on NL. Simply dis. gust.ing. Your next move is now to insult me because you never want to hear the truth. Go ahead.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Akanbiedu(m): 10:54am On Jan 17, 2012
0lumide:

I have lived with my cousins in Port Harcourt where I ended up having friends who happens to be majority Ijaw, generally, IJAWS are well meaning people and they are naive/easily manipulated, Nobody really represents them in Nigeria,

I have tried to let them know that they don't have any representation in Nigeria and same with Yorubas and Igbos etc, What you see in the West are well guided persons who love their people. Femi Falana, Tunde Bakare, The Kutis, Fawehinmis etc, are not Yoruba leaders; instead are Yorubas who are fighting for not just Yorubas but Nigerians generally

Ijaws on the other hand have no leader willing to do anything for them specifically. Ijaw communities remain the same even after all the things of militancy etc, Things have always been the same, Is Ben Bruce a Yoruba? No, he is Ijaw and if you ask him where he stands, trust me, he hangs Lagos on his heart any day! Forget that Lagos follows other Yoruba states as a political bloc, we are all LAGOS over here by the atlantic and whether Ijaw or whatever, you will see things the Lagos way which is by extension the Yoruba way. You will see Ijaw youths among the protesters in Lagos, You will see Igbos, Isokos, Hausas etc,

If you don't understand the sophistication the Yorubas have attained, you are most likely to call them traitors, parasites etc, They will fight their own which some of you will call betrayal but we see it as discipline. We don't own Nigeria and we don't think only Yorubas should get there or anything of such, we actually want a Nigeria where anyone is anything positively. To accuse us of Tribalism in this protest is ignoring our sacrifices for Nigeria's democracy. We lost lots of our geniuses to attaining Democracy not for Yorubas but for Nigerians, We will support you when you do good hence why some of outsiders think we are aligning with the North; same north that all our kinsmen politically fought and lost their lives?. But the truth is we hate Abacha doesn't mean we must hate Ribadu by tribal extension. Don't hate us for that. Also, don't hate us for not aligning with other "southerners" only when you need to politically sabotage "NORTH"
Yar'adua senior fourth and fouth till death against Abacha, the Yorubas also fought Abacha but even that doesn't make Yaradua our friend because he fought for his own reasons, our kinsmen fourth for there and the reason Yorubas, Yaradua senior fouth Abacha could be conflicting so no enemy of an enemy is a friend thing. We were OBJ's nightmare during his terms and we suffered under him even though he is Yoruba. Why would ACN vote for Tambulawal? Even when PDP presented a Yoruba candidate (ACN won Yoruba states majority of ACN reps are Yorubas doesn't mean ACN is a Yoruba party)

Fela Kuti (Yoruba), was one person against Abiola (A Yoruba), People outside the Yoruba's sophistication will see it as betrayal but we see it as not seeing everything in black and white, That's a simplistic way, you called us parasites because of oil but we have been the ones voicing for you to have total control over your oil. We just want our civilization and development to continue.  We don't have friends or enemies as these are seasonal relationships in the mental cycle.

UNDERSTAND OUR SOPHISTICATION AND YOU WILL BE NEUTRAL TOWARDS US NOT HATE OR LOVE

WE ARE NOT TRIBALISTS BECAUSE WE HATE OJUKWU or Jonathan or IBB etc, Even the said Ojukwu owned properties in Lagos have we ever threatened to confiscate or destroy them? Stop spreading propagandas about us, as many of you in Yorubaland have seen if we were spreading 1% of the propaganda you spread about us about u, you won't be anywhere near Yorubaland.

SOPHISTICATION: CAN WE GET THAT BACK FROM YOU GUYS WHILE WE C0-RUN THIS NATION?

Good write-up.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by LoveKing(m): 10:57am On Jan 17, 2012
I'm from the South and i know others too who take Falana as a role model. He is my role model too.
The guy is a hero among the youths in the niger delta maybe except the ijaw creeks where the militants under the watch of President Jonathan are still refining oil till date.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by midep: 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2012
I dnt knw why Seun is yet to Ban "BEAF" from this site ?
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by opribo(m): 12:38pm On Jan 17, 2012
This man should shut his big mouth up. At his level and age he is still engaging in unionism, brigandage and hooliganism. Is the way he was going about advocating for destabilization of the government in the name of protest the best for the country.

At his age and time he ought to be a statesman advancing the cause of peace and finding peaceful ways of resolving any national discourse. His family members better warn him before he dies of heart attack and therefore throwing them all into unnecessary expenses.

This country is on a transformation and only those who are strong and willing will be able to withstand the turmoils that will come with it. It can never be business as usual and only those who are ready for the change will survive it.

What we have just witnessed is a tip of the iceberg, we are going to transform Nigeria into the super powers of this world and anybody I repeat anybody who fails to shape in will be shoved aside.

This is the era of the youths the jet speed age.
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by joeyfire(m): 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2012
This is really sad. I doubt if this country can work if something as simple as this is spun into a tribal issue. Pity
Re: Soldiers Curtailed My Movements To Lead A Protest - Femi Falana by Igwe9(m): 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2012
midep:

I dnt knw why Seun is yet to Ban "BEAF" from this site ?
Seconded but he has multiple usernames to post or support his posts. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Money Is Not Our Problem, But How To Spend It - Gowon / EFCC Appeals Ruling Discharging Ikuforiji / South East Results Start To Trickle In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.