Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence (8552 Views)

Buhari Wants To Islamise Nigeria- Fayose / FG Issues Security Alert, Says Boko Haram Plans Abductions For Ransom / Boko Haram Plans To Use Mechanics, Car Wash Centers To Plant Bombs In Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by koruji(m): 3:43am On Jan 18, 2012
You don't say!!!

And then they lowered the bar even further: “It is a great achievement for our security services to restrict Boko Haram to the North- East."

Boko Haram Plans To Take Over North –fg

http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-plans-to-take-over-north-fg/
January 18, 2012 by Fidelis Soriwei, Abuja 4 Comments

The Federal Government on Tuesday alleged it had uncovered the motives behind Boko Haram’s bombings and killings in the North.

The Minister of Defence, Dr. Mohammed Bello, alleged that the dreaded sect was out to forcibly Islamise the whole of the North.

Mohammed made the claim during an interview with journalists in Abuja.

He said if not for the sustained efforts of the military and other security agencies, Boko Haram’s attacks would have affected the whole of the North and even other states having borders with the North.

He also said the strong presence of the soldiers in the troubled areas reduced the killings and bombings in North-East.

He said, “It is a great achievement for our security services to restrict Boko Haram to the North- East.

“The agenda of the sect is not for the North-East alone; all the states of the North were to be Islamised and all the states around the area would have been affected.

“The killings have been reduced by the strong presence of the security forces and what is left is the root causes of the crisis.”

The ministers urged Nigerians not to be discouraged by the Boko Haram insurgency.

He also appealed to various segments of the society to work towards overcoming the security challenges posed by the group by volunteering information to security agencies.

Mohammed said the deployment of soldiers in the streets of some states was based on security reports that some people were capitalising on the protests to create anarchy.

He said that such people had sworn to continue with the protest after Labour had called of the strike to cause confusion and create the impression that the government was killing its citizens as was the case in Syria and the Islamic Maghreb.

He said with the security reports at its disposal, the government had no other option but to prevent people with evil intents to cause trouble.

He said while the government appreciated the rights of Nigerians to protest and the rights of Labour to go on strike, it had a responsibility to ensure effective maintenance of law and order and ensure the safety of Nigerians.

The minister also urged the media to report acts of violence and criminality against the society with caution to avoid playing into the hands of criminals in desperate need of publicity to achieve set objectives.

He added, “When you report criminal or acts of violence conveniently, you end up glorifying criminality thereby making more and more people to key into criminal activities.

“I think the media should always aim at condemning any tendency that is not in the overall interest of the people. How to do that is well known to you.”
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by Parisgoodman(m): 7:34am On Jan 18, 2012
If they are planning to take over North and the Northerners are watching, then its good for them!
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by Akwasi(m): 9:06am On Jan 18, 2012
Who are the Boko Haram guys? http://seeafrica..com/2011/12/freedom-of-religion-and-boko-haram-in_31.html

Don't be deceived to hate your neighbor. It is of no use.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by worm(f): 9:35am On Jan 18, 2012
Mr minister please dont deceive us. We now know who the REAL boko harams are.
Islamise the north my @ss.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by ochukoccna: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2012
That's great
To your tents O 9ja
SNG here we come to determine our togetherness as a country or otherwise
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 18, 2012
@op, boko haram is er frustrated lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by bright007(f): 10:03am On Jan 18, 2012
Let them take over the North,afterall their religion permits violence.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by maclatunji: 10:07am On Jan 18, 2012
Okay, the MoD is telling me this so that I can match into the North and kick Boko Haram out for them?
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by maclatunji: 10:10am On Jan 18, 2012
bright007:

Let them take over the North,afterall their religion permits violence in your uneducated opinion.

I am sure you would not sleep if they gave you a plane ticket and visa to go and live in Dubai today.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by ogbongzky(m): 10:13am On Jan 18, 2012
maclatunji:

I am sure you would not sleep if they gave you a plane ticket and visa to go and live in Dubai today.

#Gbam
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by 77ken: 10:14am On Jan 18, 2012
embarassedThen they could do with more army troops in the North let them move those guys out of the streets of Lagos and send them where they are more needed, to fight boko haram.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by Korrection(m): 10:17am On Jan 18, 2012
IS HE NOT THE MINISTER OF DEFENCE FROM THE NORTH?? WHY IS HE TELLING US COW
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by unrattled: 10:33am On Jan 18, 2012
The Minister of Defence, Dr. Mohammed Bello, alleged that the dreaded sect was out to forcibly Islamise the whole of the North.

And this is news?
God! where have this guy been since?
That's exactly what Boko Haram has been saying since inception!

Thank God for fuel subsidy wahala, it has actually made some govt officials to come down to earth,

Phew! the things we breed in this country!
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by rasputinn(m): 10:59am On Jan 18, 2012
The northern oligarchs that saw the oil wealth of the South South as the sole reason to want to cling to the false contraption of one Nigeria,thereby avoiding any call for sovereign national conference have just been handed another reason to want a country where a majority of the citizens are not muslims and therefore will not entertain any misguided call for the imposition of a strange penal code such as sharia,this is far better than the deal the taliban-like Boko haramists would have handed them in a northern Nigeria muslim state
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by somubz(m): 11:10am On Jan 18, 2012
@bright00, ur diatribe jus confirmd ur being crackbrained nd 1whose approch 2issues of common sense demand is jove poor owing 2ur nature whc substances had plummeted ova d ages, ode ni e!
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 18, 2012
Topik.
They should make it snappy. this guyz are time wasters angry
time for them to secede
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by mrOops: 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2012
Let them send the army there. . what are they still doing in lagos?
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2012
100% correct.

We need more non-politically correct people like him.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by HisMajesty1(m): 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2012
Just wish all non northerners can just leave deir place 4 dem 2 carry out deir intent 2 islamize demselves. Fools!
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by ak47mann(m): 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2012
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/34513-borno-jtf-detonates-bombs-in-maiduguri-arrests-6-boko-haram-members

Borno: JTF detonates bombs in Maiduguri, arrests 6 Boko Haram members,

i think some northers are now rejecting boko  haram

good 4 them,cos if not the north will be in deep shiit,

GENERAL JONATHAN KEEP IT UP cool
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by phreakabit(m): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2012
[size=15pt]This is the best news I have ever read on NL . I just feel worried for the safety of my SW's brothers. Next on the menu is Kwara and then either Oyo,Osun or Ekiti. . . . .  Talk about options.[/size]
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by katki: 3:30pm On Jan 18, 2012
Dont be deceived by this minister
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by closearms3: 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2012
wake up Nigerians this is the same stereotype of the al Qaeda-eda network in the us , the whole boko haram saga need a rethink, i bet you it would not be silent until 2015 , that is why the west are partaking full time in it ,if  there was no boko haram ,there would not  be a dis-integration in Nigerians , it have to exist for them to achieve their prediction said by an  American occult   in 2006 to be precise  , that Nigerian would dis-integrate in 2015,this is a well engineered,well planned deception of the west,to whole thing is a man made conspiracy ,don't be fooled , i am making a full write up of the event sequences and numerology of how it has been unfolding ,and their predictions ,believe it  or not ,but  don't reject it ,soon it shall be unfolding clearly right  before you .this is the same character assassination of Islam  that we see in western stream medias, please read this book ( LET TRUTH BE TOLD )volume1 by D.J.M Muffett . this are 33degree globalist,freemasonry,illuminates,KKK,skull and bone ,boehiming groups and screw and lock occultist works .numbers and letter counts, stay tunned as i unveil the greatest conspiracy ever in Nigeria
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by drnoel: 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2012
Parisgoodman:

If they are planning to take over North and the Northerners are watching, then its good for them!

I'll have u know Nigeria is not just north, south, east and west. Its a country of diverse people. The idea of a soley predominant Islamic north should be crushed now or it will cause problems 4 us and our children later. Islam may not be a violent religion but just like the crusaders misinterpreted the Bible, the Quran has be easily misinterpreted before and that will not stop. If we allow, the North to have a predominant Islamic sect and religion, I promise u all, it would definitely spill over 2 our families in the south. Now is the time not to allow it rear its head, but 2 cut it down,
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by manbuchai: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2012
There is no need for one Nigeria,since it is difficult to co-habit it is better to split the country.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by Parnassuss(m): 8:23pm On Jan 18, 2012
I believe the Boko Haram came out to state this categorically when they began their operations. Frigging Cows, the ineptitude of the security apparatus in this country is world class.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by millionbuc(m): 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2012
Well; i wonder how they plan to achieve that, when they keep getting busted every day.

6 prominent boko haram leaders were today arrested.

Get more details here,

http://5slate..com/2012/01/jtf-arrests-6-prominent-suspected.html#axzz1jSqGs1Ow
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by stayreal: 6:01am On Jan 19, 2012
manbuchai:

There is no need for one Nigeria,since it is difficult to co-habit it is better to split the country.

Isnt is obvious? But there are many on this board that prefer for us to stay as "One Nigeria."
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by naijaking1: 6:19am On Jan 19, 2012
I hope the first northerner to be forcefully islamized before his death would be Gowon grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 19, 2012
We knew this was the motive all along.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence by dayokanu(m): 6:24am On Jan 19, 2012
And what is our CinC Odechukwu Retardeen doing about it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayemi: Presidential Election Will Be Tough, But Tinubu’ll Win / Atiku In Katsina Pledges To Address Security, Economy, Donates 50 Million / Tradermoni Beneficiaries In The North West Share Testimonies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.