Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,267 members, 7,839,345 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! (8408 Views)

El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Checkout This Throwback Picture Of El-rufai And Wife / El-rufai And His Deputy In Their Football Kits As They Prepared For A Match. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Sagamite(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2012
Jarus:

Guys, I know this is the least of Nigeria's problems at the moment; but hey, let's lay it bare here.

The 3 guys are the face of the 'New North'. They have many things in common: all of them within same age-grade(50-51); all of them Fulani(or is El-Rufai Hausa?); all of them attended ABU Zaria; each of them the most controversial public officer in their times; three of them lanky etc

But interestingly, they mean different things to different people. Some people will lay their lives for Sanusi, some for el-Rufai, and some for Ribadu.

It was this that interests me to seek your opinion on your perceptions of these guys with respect to the following criterias:

1, Integrity
2, Patriotism
3, Nationalism
4, Intellectual depth
5, Courage
6, Consistency

All 6 qualities for all 3 in my opinion.

Top guys!
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by elampiro(m): 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2012
I beg they are opportunists. Period!
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by aljharem(m): 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2012
In terms of honesty I would always give it to Sanusi

El-rufia has not done much IMO

Ribadu give it all for this country, even went on exile for the Nation because the government wanted to arrest him while the corrupt people wanted to kill him. Till date, he has not been remembered for that.

For me it is Ribadu>Sanusi> El-rufia
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by millionbuc(m): 7:28pm On Jan 18, 2012
The three guys stand out. More like the three wise men of the north.

However given the amount of impetuous northern leaders enjoy in Nigeria, the standard for judging their performance will be based on
quality service delivery based on the task assigned.

So far only El Rufai passes the test. Sanusi is still being Judged, and Ribadu was dented in more ways than one.
On his task of rebiulding Abuja, El rufai was great. However he was severally being accused of mismanagement of funds, tribalism,
Religious sentiments and giving too much power to his wife etc. And as they say, never smoke without fire.

http://5slate..com/2012/01/most-beautiful-woman-soldier-in-nigeria.html#axzz1jSqGs1Ow
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Sagamite(m): 7:34pm On Jan 18, 2012
millionbuc:

The three guys stand out. More like the three wise men of the north.

However given the amount of impetuous northern leaders enjoy in Nigeria, the standard for judging their performance will be based on
quality service delivery based on the task assigned.

So far only El Rufai passes the test. Sanusi is still being Judged, and Ribadu was dented in more ways than one.
On his task of rebiulding Abuja, El rufai was great. However he was severally being accused of mismanagement of funds, tribalism,
Religious sentiments and giving too much power to his wife etc. And as they say, never smoke without fire.

http://5slate..com/2012/01/most-beautiful-woman-soldier-in-nigeria.html#axzz1jSqGs1Ow

[Shakes head] undecided
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by skullbaba: 7:35pm On Jan 18, 2012
Nashville:

Intellectually, El-Rufai is by far the most intelligent and even Sanusi accepted that El-Rufai is not his intellectual match. You can check his record, a 1st class from ABU and a Harvard alumnus. He is not as talkative as Sanusi but he is more intelligent. To me Ribadu is not in their league at all. Ribadu's performances at the presidential debates last year were disappointing.

Politically though, Sanusi has it. He is from a royal family and has all the networks. El-Rufai's father died at 8 and he was brought up by an uncle. Sanusi is really where he is today mainly due to his background. He was promoted from Senior Manager in UBA to CEO of First bank within nine years. That does not come from genius. That's politics. And Sanusi can jail bank MDs without any questions because of his political background.

As I said, Sanusi and El-Rufai are intellectuals but I will not put Ribadu in that league at all.

been a first class student does not mean you are intellectual and been born in a royal family does not mean you cant have rapid promotion. remember this company are public/private company and a toddler can manage it if the board supports it. sanusi i technically sound no doubt about that only few child born with GOLDEN spoon in their mouth can be that good.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by kay2000(m): 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2012
El Rufai is one no nonsense nigerian that I admire. He practically turned Abuja into a world class City. Since he left no one has been able to maintain the standard he left. In some major roads today all the street lights are bad. Abuja is gradually turning into slum and suffering same neglect that brought Lagos to ruins.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by DisGuy: 7:52pm On Jan 18, 2012
Nashville:

Intellectually, El-Rufai is by far the most intelligent and even Sanusi accepted that El-Rufai is not his intellectual match. You can check his record, a 1st class from ABU and a Harvard alumnus. He is not as talkative as Sanusi but he is more intelligent. To me Ribadu is not in their league at all. Ribadu's performances at the presidential debates last year were disappointing.

Politically though, Sanusi has it. He is from a royal family and has all the networks. El-Rufai's father died at 8 and he was brought up by an uncle. Sanusi is really where he is today mainly due to his background. He was promoted from Senior Manager in UBA to CEO of First bank within nine years. That does not come from genius. That's politics. And Sanusi can jail bank MDs without any questions because of his political background.

As I said, Sanusi and El-Rufai are intellectuals but I will not put Ribadu in that league at all.

what political background does he have that many southern politician haven't got? he is not the first person from a royal family in the Nigerian business scene

its not like his royal house is the most influential in the whole of the country
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Sagamite(m): 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2012
The reetards from the Arewa Consultive Forum would never give us these kinds of people to vote for.

Bloody foools!
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Gbawe: 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2012
alj harem:

In terms of honesty I would always give it to Sanusi

El-rufia has not done much IMO

Ribadu give it all for this country, even went on exile for the Nation because the government wanted to arrest him while the corrupt people wanted to kill him. Till date, he has not been remembered for that.

For me it is Ribadu>Sanusi> El-rufia

I think to be honest, the man gets little credit for what he actually achieved which was a little more than simplistically fight corruption. Do some wonder why Ribadu's international repution is now solid to the extent he is deemed the number one expert as per fighting corruption and monetary crime in Africa? You do not become a UN consultant on anti-corruption if all you do is lock people up. Ribadu went beyond that and literally followed the money because of his thinking that laundering channels must be sealed.  He was a visionary pioneer who put systems in place beyond Nigeria to benefit even other African countries.

He forged alliances and mutually beneficial arrangements with law enforcement worldwide.He approached his job methodically and as a thinker but gets virtually no credit for his superlative performance because many Nigerians never take time to gain knowledge that improves their understanding of what leaders are doing. I had to smile when some chap above broke everything down to rating the three on intellect. Ribadu is no scholar and he is not given to musing about issues as Sanusi and El Rufai do but he is a doer and very bright. You cannot achieve all he has below, to the praises of the entire world, without being intelligent. I just think it is in the genes of Nigerians to go around tying all-round ability to intellect. That is not how it is worldwide and indeed If that obtained in the UK than I would rate my former Uni lecturer as having more potentials than Richard Branson, Alan Sugar and others who are not the most studious yet have built business empires with very intelligent men working under them.

http://ribadu2011.com/about/

About Nuhu Ribadu

Nuhu Ribadu was born November 21, 1960. He graduated from the Nigerian Law School and was called to the bar in 1984, before joining the Nigeria Police, where he rose to become head of the Legal and Prosecution department, Police Headquarters, Abuja. His 18-year service in the Nigeria Police culminated in his appointment as pioneer Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in April, 2003.

Prior to his appointment as the Chairman of EFCC, Ribadu served as key operational officer in the General Investigation Department and the Force Criminal Investigation Department of the of the Nigerian Police.  He was also a member of the highly commended Failed Banks Tribunal that sanitized the rottenness in the Nigerian Banking sector of the late eighties.  He helped pioneer the setting up of the Legal and Prosecutions Department of the Nigerian Police, a unit that served as think tank and policy nerve center of the police.

Ribadu has been a recipient of several awards as a police officer, prosecutor and Chairman, EFCC. He received the Inspector General of Police Awards in 1997, 1998 and 2000 and the Special Commendation of Mr. President in 2005, for the successful prosecution of several advance fee fraud, banking fraud and sundry economic crime cases.  He was also specially commended by the Accountant General of the Federation for successfully prosecuting some corrupt public servants in 1999.

He was a key member of the Economic Management Team from 2003 to 2008 that initiated and drove the wide ranging public sector reforms, which laid the foundations for the socio-economic rejuvenation of Nigeria.  Along side this responsibility, he also served as a member of the Presidential Committee on Trade Malpractices, the National Joint Intelligence Board, the National Committee on Public Service Reforms and the National Cybercrime Working Group.

Ribadu has been widely acknowledged as bringing to his job a deep passion and an exemplary sense of dedication and efficiency. In three years, [b]the EFCC under his leadership built the now most celebrated Crimes Training and Research Institute in the sub-region. The agency also recorded about 200 criminal convictions, a record that is far ahead of the total record of the police in its 147 years of existence, and far ahead of the Attorney-General’s office in the 49 years of the country’s post-colonial history.

These achievements helped make the EFCC a reference Law Enforcement Agency on the continent; [/b]and the bold investigation, prosecution, and conviction of Nigeria’s hitherto untouchable politicians and businessmen earned him the reputation of being a foremost and respected anti-corruption crusader in the world. It is to his record that he rejected a N30 million bribe from one of the country’s major money laundering offenders in 2005, although the most sensational report of his ethical conduct thus far was the 2007 rejection of a $15 million bribe from a former governor from one of Nigeria’s Niger Delta states.  The businessman has been convicted for the crime and the former governor is currently undergoing trial.

In acknowledgement of these modest achievements, he was promoted Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG), in March 2007; the African Union put him on its advisory board on anti-corruption matters; and he was lately invited to join the advisory board of the friends of the World Bank/UNODC initiative on stolen asset recovery.

Mr. Ribadu holds an LLM degree with emphasis on the jurisprudence of corruption in Nigeria from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria. In 2008, he was at the Harvard Business School where he did a program in the strategic management of law enforcement agencies.

Since 2004, notable newspapers and magazines in Nigeria have repeatedly voted Ribadu, Man of the Year, in recognition of his outstanding achievements as a committed crusader against corruption and other related crimes.

Ribadu’s modest achievements in EFCC, most notable amongst which are the delisting of Nigeria from the FATF List of Non-Cooperative Countries & Territories, admission into the prestigious Egmont Group and the withdrawal of  the US Treasury advisory on Nigeria by the FINCEN. He has also attracted donor support from European Union (EU), UNODC, UNDP, World Bank, and a host of others running into millions of US dollars, and also built an effective collaborative effort with the FBI, SOCA [UK], Metropolitan Police [UK], Dutch Police, German Police, South African Police and a host of other Law Enforcement Agencies in the world.

In 2008, Mr. Ribadu completed the senior executive course of the Nigeria Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies where he was conferred with the Membership of the National Institute, MNI.

In June 2010, Mr. Ribadu was awarded the Doctor of Laws (honoris causa) by Babcock University, Ogun State, in recognition of his “loyal breeding”, “lofty aim” and “resolute courage” as well as his “fierce stance against corruption in the face of sponsored disgrace and certain death that has resulted into positive changes and global acclaim hitherto considered impossible”.

Until recently, Mr. Ribadu was a senior fellow at St. Anthony’s College, Oxford University, as well as a visiting fellow at the Center for Global Development, Washington, DC.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Gbawe: 8:08pm On Jan 18, 2012
Dis Guy:

what political background does he have that many southern politician haven't got? he is not the first person from a royal family in the Nigerian business scene

its not like his royal house is the most influential in the whole of the country

Abeg help me ask oooo !!!! embellishment of the highest order perhaps because he is beholden to Sanusi's touted intelligence. Sanusi has no experience whatsoever as a politician and I don't know how he can suddenly jump above EL Rufai and Ribadu in that respect. Actually sad he tried to disenfranchise Ribadu from the group with the patronising statement:

What league is thsi chap on about? We are talking of leaders and overall ability and this man rates intellect alone ? As usual, another display of how Nigerians don't understand that intelligence can be multi-faceted. Being an erudite scholar is everything for them. I personally judge intelligence based on the problem-solving ability of folks that delivers exemplary results.

There are folks who can calculate the most complex equations yet are useless in the real world. Yet others have intuitive intelligence that allows them build systems, businesses, afiliations and lead with with ease. Those are the folks I actually respect and you find so many of them in the UK because it is a country that rates intelligence merged with practical ability to produce achievers. Everyone knows Gordon Brown is rated as far more intelligent than Tony Blair yet who, by far, was the better Prime Minister? Nigerians still have a lot to learn with how they fawn over intellect that may actually be worthless in relation to the all-round ability to deliver ,as in this case, efficient leadership.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Sagamite(m): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2012
^^^ Well said!
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by reporter1: 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2012
Ribadu, El Rufai, Sanusi are of the same stock if you ask me -progressive northerners.

Ribadu cast fear in the minds of politicians during his tenure as EFCC chairman. He went about his job diligently and he was fearless not minding whose ox was gored.
Ditto for El Rufai who bulldozed many homes to conform Abuja to its original master plan. El Rufai also speaks out regularly on diverse national issues ranging from corruption in high places to fuel subsidy.
Sanusi is doing his thing in the banking sector. It takes a fearless person to take on powerful money bags in the banking sector. He also has consistently talks about national issues as well.

As per integrity, I would rate them all about the same with Ribadu a slightly edging out the two. We do know for a fact that Ribadu was offered millions of dollars as bribe and he turned it down.
Patriotism, Nationalism, Courage: I will rate them equally as they all have been very active in national affairs.
Of the three, I would rate El Rufai the highest. He seems to be more open minded and diplomatic in his approach.
Sanusi for me scores the lowest as I believe he is somewhat sympathetic to Islamic cause. I will not want him to be my president especially in Nigeria where ethnicity and religion are major players in our polity.

Buhari even though a man of impeccable integrity, is not as refined as the younger three. Nigerians should be looking beyond the likes of Buhari at this stage. He will do well in certain areas, but he will be grossly incompetent in many sectors such as technology, health care, commerce, interior affairs and many more.

Sadly, OBJ could have imposed Ribadu or El Rufai in 2007 and Nigeria would have been better for it, but he instead we got Yar Adua, an honorable man, but seriously deficient in leadership.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Gbawe: 8:34pm On Jan 18, 2012
Sagamite:

^^^ Well said!

My brother, I just dislike the intellectual snobbery of Nigerians. We are talking about leadership and you are rating it based on assumptions of intellect alone. What nonsense !!! Most firms, for example, headhunt CEO's with a careful look at candidates that possess the skillset and proven ability to deliver desired results or tackle specific deficiencies. If you put a PHD holder with zero leadership ability in charge of Nigeria, what will that achieve rather than take us backward? Oh, I forget that very situation is what we have in place at the moment  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Parnassuss(m): 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2012
1, Integrity - Ribadu, Sanusi, El-Rufai
2, Patriotism - Ribadu, Sanusi, El-Rufai
3, Nationalism - Ribadu, Sanusi, El-Rufai
4, Intellectual depth - Sanusi, El-Rufai, Ribadu
5, Courage - Ribadu (the guy is presently in Afghanistan fighting corruption, it doesn't more courageous), Sanusi, El-Rufai
6, Consistency - Sanusi, Ribadu, El-Rufai

That said, Sanusi has not been put on the spotlight out of Government so we have idea just how large a safety net is being cast over him right now. After all, these other two only developed inconsistencies when they left office.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2012
Gbawe:

Abeg help me ask oooo !!!! embellishment of the highest order perhaps because he is beholden to Sanusi's touted intelligence. Sanusi has no experience whatsoever as a politician and I don't know how he can suddenly jump above EL Rufai and Ribadu in that respect. Actually sad he tried to disenfranchise Ribadu from the group with the patronising statement:

What league is thsi chap on about? We are talking of leaders and overall ability and this man rates intellect alone ? As usual, another display of how Nigerians don't understand that intelligence can be multi-faceted. Being an erudite scholar is everything for them. I personally judge intelligence based on the problem-solving ability of folks that delivers exemplary results.

There are folks who can calculate the most complex equations yet are useless in the real world. Yet others have intuitive intelligence that allows them build systems, businesses, afiliations and lead with with ease. Those are the folks I actually respect and you find so many of them in the UK because it is a country that rates intelligence merged with practical ability to produce achievers. Everyone knows Gordon Brown is rated as far more intelligent than Tony Blair yet who, by far, was the better Prime Minister? Nigerians still have a lot to learn with how they fawn over intellect that may actually be worthless in relation to the all-round ability to deliver ,as in this case, efficient leadership.

You have written alot of words without reading what I wrote. I only chose to compare their intellect. A choice I made. I never said I would vote for El-Rufai over Sanusi or Ribadu. All I have said is that intellectually he is the best from his presentation of arguements and how he comes across. Again I agree with you that is not the only quality of leadership and it takes more than intellect to govern a country like Nigeria.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Gbawe: 8:52pm On Jan 18, 2012
Nashville:

You have written alot of words without reading what I wrote. I only chose to compare their intellect. A choice I made. I never said I would vote for El-Rufai over Sanusi or Ribadu. All I have said is that intellectually he is the best from his presentation of arguements and how he comes across. Again I agree with you that is not the only quality of leadership and it takes more than intellect to govern a country like Nigeria.

My apologies. Jarus asked to compare the three and I thought you made your conclusion based on intellect. Nigerians can be intellectually snobbish and we have indeed had senseless discussions on Nairaland with posters fawning at the intellectual and scholarly abilities of Nigerians and suggesting we should go and get those sort to run the Nation. Very simplistic to think intellect translate to all-round ability. If that was the case, Richard Branson and Alan Sugar would not be the boss of many with far higher IQ than theirs. Sorry I misunderstood you initially. It is because I thought you were making an argument that is rather common on this forum.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by naja2: 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2012
My question is, since independence can we sincerelysentiment and prejudice aside name any Nigerian that has occuppied the positions this young brave change agents ve occupied and performed better than they did
RIBADU: There has not been any nigerian lilving or dead that has dealt corruption the kind of blow Ribadu did , except two military head of states who ruled by decree MURTALA and BUHARI. How many Nigerians living or dead ve refused $15m bribe just to look the otherway, Ribadu refused ibori's $15m, refused anajemba bribe, refuse tafa's settlement i can go on and on!
EL RUFAI: I live in Abuja i can also assure you that beyond the demolitions of ILLEGAL BUILDINGS  of both rich and poor , powerful or powerless. El rufais legacies are too enormous in Abuja 5 years after his administration we still miss him. hardly can a day pass without residents mentioning his name you either take the same mass transit bus that he provided cald elrufai bus by the masses or the elrufai cab or the el rufai mini bus, he built mordern markets, mordernised health care facilities and he lives in a semi detached duplex in utako district of abuja, yet the rogues b4 and after him live in mansions and palaces in maitama and asokoro yet are not being investigated or interogated. After investigating el rufai maliciously for 3 yrs thr fg could not find any thing to charge him with in his 4 yrs of service except that he allocated a plot of land to his wife , who is legally entitled to it as a citizen of Nigeria that is above 18. i rest my case.
SANUSI: I will only speak about him when he lives govt.

One thing is clear though any one of this three will be far better that the current clowns in govt.
N.B
Pls for the sake of my etnic jingo friends i am not hausa or fulani. I am just a Nigerian from the south west
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 18, 2012
Gbawe:

My apologies. Jarus asked to compare the three and I thought you made your conclusion based on intellect. Nigerians can be intellectually snobbish and we have indeed had senseless discussions on Nairaland with posters fawning at the intellectual and scholarly abilities of Nigerians and suggesting we should go and get those sort to run the Nation. Very simplistic to think intellect translate to all-round ability. If that was the case, Richard Branson and Alan Sugar would not be the boss of many with far higher IQ than theirs. Sorry I misunderstood you initially. It is because I thought you were making an argument that is rather common on this forum.

Apology accepted. These men are all leaders with lots of accomplishment to show for it. The reason why I will not put Ribadu in Sanusi and El-Rufai's league is largely because of the role he played in the last elections. I lost alot of respect for him. For the other two guys, I think El-Rufai is more intellectual but Sanusi is more of a transformational leader. It will be nice to have these kind of people in government rather than the clowns parading themselves as leaders these days.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by 989900: 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2012
In a heavily corrupt country like Nigeria Ribadu all day.

In an organized system Sanusi.

El Rufai is a true politician (sort of chameleon) but that's one of the top qualities of leaders. . . .comes last anyways.

I won't vote for any of 'em anyways. Where is Gen. Idiagbon when you need him?
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by emiye(m): 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2012
The three guys are no push overs in the political space, a detailed mix of the 6 qualities by me gave me an El-Rufai, then a Ribadu and lastly Sanusi.

I think the opposition parties should start considering one of them as a presidential cangidate in 2015. Sad as it is for me and some others, it is political wisdom that power goes back to the north, Ethnicity will take a central role again as Nigerians elect a president in 2015(all things been equal)
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by NaijaNaWaa: 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2012
RIBADU
1, Integrity --0
2, Patriotism--15% (Tribalist/Islamic extremist)
3, Nationalism --15 (ditto)
4, Intellectual depth--(5%)
5, Courage--- (40%, if bravado is same as courage)
6, Consistency --0%

El-RUFAI
1, Integrity -- 6.5%
2, Patriotism -- 15%(rabid tribalist/Islamic extremist)
3, Nationalism --15% (same as above)
4, Intellectual depth---60%
5, Courage --- 40% (if bravado is same as courage)
6, Consistency --10% (Abacha is good.Obj is Good. Yar'Adua/GEJ bad because he's not chopping with them)

Sanusi

1, Integrity -- 40%
2, Patriotism --35% (just ask CBN insiders. If u are not from Kano or Emir of Kano no job for you at CBN!/islamic extremist. Sharia banking has commenced)
3, Nationalism --35% (same as above)
4, Intellectual depth --65%
5, Courage --- 35%
6, Consistency -- 40%
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by ayinba1(f): 11:00pm On Jan 18, 2012
This is a beautiful thread. Nashville and Gbawe, the maturity displayed in your discourse is a welcome air.

I would state that these 3 are great Nigerians that would make a positive impact wherever they may be asked to serve the people.

Ribadu, IMO, learned his lesson. I do not believe he had foul intentions, it could be that his zeal to make things better led him to dine with the devil. He had warnings but failed to heed them.

He is still fundamentally a disciplined young man. And I support him if he chooses to apply to serve again.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Sagamite(m): 11:01pm On Jan 18, 2012
NaijaNaWaa:

RIBADU
1, Integrity --0
2, Patriotism--15% (Tribalist/Islamic extremist)
3, Nationalism --15 (ditto)
4, Intellectual depth--(5%)
5, Courage--- (40%, if bravado is same as courage)
6, Consistency --0%

El-RUFAI
1, Integrity -- 6.5%
2, Patriotism -- 15%(rabid tribalist/Islamic extremist)
3, Nationalism --15% (same as above)
4, Intellectual depth---60%
5, Courage --- 40% (if bravado is same as courage)
6, Consistency --10% (Abacha is good.Obj is Good. Yar'Adua/GEJ bad because he's not chopping with them)

Sanusi

1, Integrity -- 40%
2, Patriotism --35% (just ask CBN insiders. If u are not from Kano or Emir of Kano no job for you at CBN!/islamic extremist. Sharia banking has commenced)
3, Nationalism --35% (same as above)
4, Intellectual depth --65%
5, Courage --- 35%
6, Consistency -- 40%

And assessing you:

1, Lunatic -- 100%

1 Like

Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by mbulela: 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2012
considering the fact that i have lost interest in Nigerian politics and lost hope in the country as a whole (for obvious reasons), i am not interested in this comparison.
However, all 3 come across as very  intelligent men (ElRufai and SLS in particular) and if they were not muslims, ti would have been an honour having all 3 in a pub with me and just gisting over a few pints.
Just talk (at least they are very good at that and talk intelligently),shooting breeze over several topics.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by DanKan0: 11:10pm On Jan 18, 2012
We need someone that will kill corruption in this country. All that nice grammar and theory is useless in Naija as it is.

Id prefer as president 2015.

1)Buhari,

2)Ribadau/El Rufai
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 18, 2012
Mallam Nuhu Ribadu - Arguably the most under appreciated public servant in modern Nigeria. Sanusi and El-Rufai in my opinion are just snobs with their 'I sabi book speeches and demeanour'.

Ribadu's integrity may be questioned due to his failed political romance with Tinubu; personally, I consider this view a non-starter having listened to a few of his speeches. One that particularly comes to mind was the one he gave at LBS a few years ago( can't recall what year exactly, but it during the height of his reign as EFCC chairman), a member of the audience had asked him about Obasanjo complicity in fuelling corruption. His response did not exonerate his boss but he also when to explain the importance of building strong institutions and legacies which will ensure men like Obasanjo get to answer to their crimes someday. In other words, fight your battles one day at a time.

Ribadu will get my vote anyday, maybe El-Rufai too definitely not Sanusi and his feudal views

Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by GboyegaD(m): 1:18am On Jan 19, 2012
I think I have a bias regarding Sanusi integrity although I cannot prove it. Each time I think of Bank PHB and the anomalies of the CBN rescued MD "Cyril Chukwuma" and the various petitions written against him to Sanusi for which he did nothing nor investigated, I beging to wonder if he is not being settled from the loot. Like I said earlier, I am bias since he did nothing nor even probed the glaring allegations and sometimes I feel, his mission was also to come witch hunt those he never liked.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by aljharem(m): 1:24am On Jan 19, 2012
Gbawe:

I think to be honest, the man gets little credit for what he actually achieved which was a little more than simplistically fight corruption. Do some wonder why Ribadu's international repution is now solid to the extent he is deemed the number one expert as per fighting corruption and monetary crime in Africa? You do not become a UN consultant on anti-corruption if all you do is lock people up. Ribadu went beyond that and literally followed the money because of his thinking that laundering channels must be sealed.  He was a visionary pioneer who put systems in place beyond Nigeria to benefit even other African countries.

He forged alliances and mutually beneficial arrangements with law enforcement worldwide.He approached his job methodically and as a thinker but gets virtually no credit for his superlative performance because many Nigerians never take time to gain knowledge that improves their understanding of what leaders are doing. I had to smile when some chap above broke everything down to rating the three on intellect. Ribadu is no scholar and he is not given to musing about issues as Sanusi and El Rufai do but he is a doer and very bright. You cannot achieve all he has below, to the praises of the entire world, without being intelligent. I just think it is in the genes of Nigerians to go around tying all-round ability to intellect. That is not how it is worldwide and indeed If that obtained in the UK than I would rate my former Uni lecturer as having more potentials than Richard Branson, Alan Sugar and others who are not the most studious yet have built business empires with very intelligent men working under them.

http://ribadu2011.com/about/

I have to agree with you on this. I remember when he was on exile serving this nation. He also reminds me of Dora Akunyuli before she joined APGA. She was a woman of integrity that risked everything for this nation until tribalism entered her head.

Those people I respect. As for Sanusi, he is an intellectual.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Sagamite(m): 1:41am On Jan 19, 2012
alj harem:

I have to agree with you on this. I remember when he was on exile serving this nation. He also reminds me of Dora Akunyuli before she joined APGA. She was a woman of integrity that risked everything for this nation until tribalism entered her head.

Those people I respect. As for Sanusi, he is an intellectual.

How did tribalism enter her head?
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by aljharem(m): 2:39am On Jan 19, 2012
Sagamite:

How did tribalism enter her head?

during the last election. I don't want to go to details as it would derail the thread
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by monex(m): 6:40am On Jan 19, 2012
i so agree with jarus there. Ribadu & El-Rufai's integrity and consistency is very questionable. I never liked Sanusi cos i saw him as having a northern agenda. But you can't fault his integrity, intellect and consistency. truth is even with my seeing him as more northern than Nigerian, i would likely still vote for him were he to contest as President. he is not just a technocrat. he likes to understand things and actively seeks knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North / Osinbajo Calls For Improvement In CPI Ranking / Kaduna Baptist School: Bandits Release Another 15 Abducted Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.