Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! (8464 Views)

El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Checkout This Throwback Picture Of El-rufai And Wife / El-rufai And His Deputy In Their Football Kits As They Prepared For A Match. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Jarus(m): 7:57am On Jan 19, 2012
NaijaNaWaa:

RIBADU
2, Patriotism--15% (Tribalist/Islamic extremist)

This is strange to me, and the first time I'm hearing this allegation against Ribadu.

Or to you, is every Muslim/Northerner a tribalist/Islamic extremist?
Or will you prove this?
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by yoji: 8:09am On Jan 19, 2012
If rufai allocating lands to relatives is d only thing pple have against him, then they should free him joor. Are his relatives not nigerians?? Besides most of us wud do similar so let's stop d hypocrisy. Rufai is d reason abuja is wat it is today. And without him abuja would have been nothin but a slum. The worked tirelessly and had a passion for hw he wanted abuja to look like. Believe me, d guy really worked. Fine I agree he might have demolished houses of percieved political opponents, but none of them went to court for redress to show if the demolition was wrongly done. Even d house of d pdp chairman was not spared. He raised d standard of governing abuja so high dat subsequent ministers are seen as failures. Don't get me wrong nobody is perfect, but if u have some one wit his passion for work, believe me things will move forward. Nawa for una o. If rufai gives out a contract for construction for 6months, the job got done in 5months cos d contractors knew wat was @ stake. Without el rufai, we wudnt have had a capital city 2 b proud of.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by karfe(m): 9:02am On Jan 19, 2012
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 19, 2012
Buhari , president

Ribadu,  Vice president

Sanusi ,  Minister of Finance

Elrufai,  Senate president

Dora Akuyili ,   Minister For health

Fashola , Minister for Urban Development

mimiko , give him one portfolio

Rochas, Minister of Education

scrap the entire police force

wink
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by olawalebabs(m): 10:20am On Jan 19, 2012
bandiejay:

Buhari , president

Ribadu, Vice president

Sanusi , Minister of Finance

Elrufai, Senate president

Dora Akuyili , Minister For health

wink
You presented a good combination, but can this TEAM fly in Nigeria?
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Lagosboy: 10:28am On Jan 19, 2012
bandiejay:

Buhari , president

Ribadu, Vice president

Sanusi , Minister of Finance

Elrufai, Senate president

Dora Akuyili , Minister For health

wink

Do u want our SS brothers to have a heart attack.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 19, 2012
olawalebab:

You presented a good combination, but can this TEAM fly in Nigeria?

If this Team cannot[b] FLY[/b] Nigeria i bet it they will RUN Nigeria   and STOP Corruption 60%  wink
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by olawalebabs(m): 10:45am On Jan 19, 2012
bandiejay:

If this Team cannot[b] FLY[/b] Nigeria i bet it they will RUN Nigeria   and STOP Corruption 60%  wink
And we can start from there. Good one
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Akanbiedu(m): 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2012
Sagamite, the ACF guys are no fools. They just don't want their free source of income truncated by some overzealous young men. While these guys may have what it takes to govern Nigeria the way many of us desired, they don't have what it takes to win elections at the grassroot level. So a Tinubu/Fashola approach will be the best in the interim, hoping we get a "Fashola" only later.

Sagamite:

The reetards from the Arewa Consultive Forum would never give us these kinds of people to vote for.

Bloody foools!
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Gekko(m): 11:26pm On Jan 19, 2012
bandiejay:

Buhari , president

Ribadu,  Vice president

wink

I would add

Donald Duke for Minister of Tourism

Saraki for Minister of Agriculture

Chief Godswill Akpabio for Minister of Works
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by AjanleKoko: 11:28pm On Jan 19, 2012
A fair amount of names being bandied around here . . . they would be in jail, in more civilized societies cry
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Akanbiedu(m): 11:29pm On Jan 19, 2012

Now, let me set the ball rolling with my own perception:

I will rank them based on these criterias and brief comments on the ranking

1, Integrity: Sanusi>Ribadu>el-Rufai: I find disturbing the revelation that some lands were allocated by el-Rufai to relatives

2, Patriotism: Ribadu>Sanusi>el-Rufai: Ribadu is very passionate about this country, and for singularly stopping Obj from installing Peter Odili, I see him as most patriotic;

3, Nationalism: Ribadu>el-Rufai>Sanusi: Sanusi identifies too much with his Fulani background, though not bad, but earns him my least mark.

4, Intellectual depth: Sanusi>el-Rufai>Ribadu: el-Rufai had a First in Qty Surveying from ABU, but hey, Sanusi, to me, is too deep to ignore. The guy is wide read and easily earns my top shot here.

5, Courage: Sanusi>Ribadu>el-Rufai: Tight one here. Sanusi fought banking cabals, Ribadu fought political cabals and el-Rufai bulldozed Abuja to masterplan, but I will give it to Sanusi because unlike a strongman Obj that supported the latter duo, SLS did not have a too strong presidential backing

6, Consistency Sanusi>Ribadu>el-Rufai: I have issue with Ribadu's association with Tinubu after calling him a thief of international dimension(or word to that effect); I'm not too comfortable with el-Rufai's changing statements too. SLS gets the prize here, for me. He walks his talk.

I basically agree with this except the intellectual dept part. Between Sanusi and El-rufai, its a tough call. But I give El-rufai.

If I need to choose a ruler, I'd definitely choose a Sanusi ahead of those two. Sanusi has deeper understanding of systems and being born a prince will definitely give him an understanding of dynamics of ruling.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by aljharem(m): 11:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
bandiejay:

Buhari , president

Ribadu,  Vice president

wink
Gekko:

I would add

Donald Duke for Minister of Tourism

Saraki for Minister of Agriculture

Chief Godswill Akpabio for Minister of Works

Killer combo

that is the team that would make Nigeria great I tell you
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by AjanleKoko: 11:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
alj harem:

Killer combo

that is the team that would make Nigeria great I tell you

See what I mean.
They have all been in government. What did they leave as a legacy?
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Gekko(m): 11:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
I have great admiration for Ribadu's courage and zeal but i have a hunch we will get more ban[b]g [/b]for Buck with EL-Rufai.
He appears to be the more well rounded individual amongst all three.  His knowledge , no-nonsense approach, vision and energy will
serve Nigeria better than the other 2 gentlemen.  Simply put, he's a proven reformer.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 20, 2012
Integrity, Patriotism, Nationalism, Courage, Intellectual Depth and consistency. Ribadu possesses all the qualities, in good and robust measure, without question mark on any of them. The same, in my opinion, can not be said of Sanusi and El-Rufai.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by ALGAMISH: 11:38am On Jan 20, 2012
My ranking below

INTERGRITY: Here I would rank Sanusi ahead of the two followed by Ribadu and El-rufai
PATRIOTISM: Sanusi> el-rufai> Ribadu
NATIONALISM: Difficult to rank them here
INTERLECTUAL DEPT: EL-rufai is much more talented than any of the three, then Sanusi while I regards Ribadu as juct average
COURAGE:  Sanusi> el-rufai> Ribadu
CONSISTENCY: Sanusi> Ribadu> El-rufai

Sanusi Lamido is from Kano( hausa/fulani)
El-rufai is from Zaria Kaduna state ( Hausa/Fulani)
Ribadu  from Adamawa state (Fulani)
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Gbawe: 2:06pm On Jan 20, 2012
I personally try to work with facts and pragmatism always . This , in the first place, is what led me to be a fervent supporter of Ribadu. If Nigerians appreciated the environment of impunity Ribadu operated in, i.e 100% lawlessness being the order of the day, then it would be crystal clear what Ribadu is . He is , IMO, a Nigerian Elliot Ness. Below is the documented boast of the high and mighty Tafa Balogun (former IGP) before Ribadu brought him down fearlessly. History serves us well only if we will not be quick to disregard its lessons.

EL Rufai has displayed resolute fearlessness also. The person I have reservation about out of the trio is Sanusi. I respected this dude immensely prior to the subsidy saga. He failed Nigerians badly , when it mattered most, and now needs to redeem himself as far as I am concerned. His staunch support of deregulation, that will punish Nigerians severely, perhaps illustrates he is comfortable with the majority, by far, suffering for the sake of punishing a few erring Nigerians who can be brought down easily if folks like Sanusi speak up and lead bravely when it matters.

http://saharareporters.com/article/oyinlola-and-tafa-balogun%E2%80%99s-london-nemesis

Oyinlola And Tafa Balogun’s London Nemesis

Oyinlola and Balogun were very flagrant in their contempt for the people or the feelings of the people. Both were convinced that things would not change and that they would continue to have their ways with the people and do what they liked. Incidentally, both are very constant to and conversant with the United Kingdom – London to be specific.

Few weeks to his arrest and arraignment for corruption, IGP Balogun had told a closed circle of friends in London that Nigeria could not be reformed. He had boasted “Things will never change.” He insisted during the privileged discussion that no one has “the audacity and the bravery to clean up Nigeria” because “that person would be dead before he starts.” Then, unwittingly manifesting a foolish tempting of fate, his voice, extricating itself from a cocoon of baritone, exuded with unmistakable confidence, “We will make sure of that.”

Balogun was talking as if he was God. He was so sure of himself and what he was saying that it would be a gross understatement to characterize his confidence as “palpable.” But like the Christians religious book once contended, the madman is accumulating wealth without the knowledge of who will squander it. Balogun, in that brief moment of indiscretion seemed to have forgotten the common aphorism that says “Man proposes but God disposes.”
The extent to which Balogun was extremely unguarded and foolish was attested to by the reaction of fate to his utterances a couple of months after. He was accused, arrested, arraigned and convicted for corruption. He was granted bail but not let go. He was handcuffed and dragged around on the floor in the public that those who did not know him actually sympathized with him. He was a pitiful sight. The ignominy he suffered was beyond anyone’s imagination if only for the fact that this was a former Inspector General of Police.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Wallie(m): 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2012
I will deviate from the question the OP asked because I don’t really know that much about El-rufai except for the demolition that took place in Abuja. However, based on that result alone, he seems result driven.

If I possess supernatural strength, the 2015 cabinet will look as listed below. The list is strictly based on past performance. The people below were chosen because they are detailed oriented, results driven, and most importantly, possess common sense to govern.

[list]
[li]President – Fashola or Sanusi[/li]
[li]Vice President - Fashola or Sanusi[/li]
[li]Prime Minister (the precedent has been set grin ) – El-rufai [/li]
[li]EFCC/NNPC/PPPRA – Ribadu (his strength lies in policing, being tenacious and incorruptible)[/li]
[li]Health Ministry – Dora Akuyili (she performed wonderfully against fake drug manufacturers)[/li]
[li]Power - Too early to judge the current minister of power but he’s looking great so far.[/li]
[li]Minister of Justice - [/li]
[/list]

I like Buhari because he seems very sincere and incorruptible but I think that we have a new set of leaders without the baggage of the past that also possess the same qualities.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Akanbiedu(m): 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2012
Gbawe:

I personally try to work with facts and pragmatism always . This , in the first place, is what led me to be a fervent supporter of Ribadu. If Nigerians appreciated the environment of impunity Ribadu operated in, i.e 100% lawlessness being the order of the day, then it would be crystal clear what Ribadu is . He is , IMO, a Nigerian Elliot Ness. Below is the documented boast of the high and mighty Tafa Balogun (former IGP) before Ribadu brought him down fearlessly. History serves us well only if we will not be quick to disregard its lessons.

EL Rufai has displayed resolute fearlessness also. The person I have reservation about out of the trio is Sanusi. I respected this dude immensely prior to the subsidy saga. He failed Nigerians badly , when it mattered most, and now needs to redeem himself as far as I am concerned. His staunch support of deregulation, that will punish Nigerians severely, perhaps illustrates he is comfortable with the majority, by far, suffering for the sake of punishing a few erring Nigerians who can be brought down easily if folks like Sanusi speak up and lead bravely when it matters.

http://saharareporters.com/article/oyinlola-and-tafa-balogun%E2%80%99s-london-nemesis

Gbawe, one issue is not enough to castigate Sanusi. Besides, the subsidy issue is subjective. For example, I personally believe subsidy should be removed too. Don't forget that Sanusi probably has better information on the subsidy matter than you and as a result must have concluded that removal is in the best interest of all. By now, you should trust Sanusi enough to know his stand on this issue is not because he feared Jonathan but that of conviction.
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by DisGuy: 10:00pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^ plus I believe if that was his sector (petroleum, finance) he would have done exactly the same thing he did to the bankers

AjanleKoko:

See what I mean.
They have all been in government. What did they leave as a legacy?

Who are your best XI presently, we cant throw away the baby with the bath water
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by Katsumoto: 12:42am On Jan 21, 2012
Jarus

Make I comment? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared! by DidierKing: 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2012
All three are birds of the same feather...carry goat give yam and carry yam give goat watin be the difference?

I wont blame any one of them for being who he is. They have been heavily influenced by their ethnic and religious background.

Nigeria to me is a mere geographical expression.QED

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Meet The Candidates: Full Profile Of Udom Gabriel Emmanuel / Nigerian Army Denies Secret Trial, Dismissal Of 203 Soldiers For Mutiny / (photo+video) - Aba Angry Youths Celebr8 Biafra; Set Nigerian Flag On Fire Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.