Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> (33028 Views)

Nigeria Earns N2.5trn From Petroleum Products Export In 3 Months / Petroleum Ministry: Ledum Mitee Hails Buhari’s Moves To Take Over Job / Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by nel76(m): 11:14pm On Jan 18, 2012
Wonders shall never enddddddddddddddddd tongue embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by Akiika: 11:17pm On Jan 18, 2012
Beer parlor gossip, if na true, trust sahara reporter to don flash am. I hope it's true sha.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by Pecca: 11:29pm On Jan 18, 2012
This platform is filled wt members who made first class in name calling with little or no ability to make the needed inference to keep them relevant on this forum, yes!yes!!yes!!! Or no!no!!no!!! Is the only language they understand. You would be shocked at the response I would get if I decide to fake the death of President Goodluck Jonathan. Its quite appalling.;-(;-(
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by sucrecruz: 11:34pm On Jan 18, 2012
IT IS HEART BREAKING THAT THE FEMALE FOLKS WHOM WE THOUGHT WERE SINCERE ARE EVEN BETTER FRUDSTERS THAN THE MALE FOLKS FRO EXAMPLE
WE ONCE HAD A FEMALE HOUSE OF REPS MEMBER THAT USED 640MILLION NAIRA TO FURNISH HER HOUSE
WE ONCE HAD A FEMALE MD/CEO OF A BANK WHO UTILISED CUSTOMERS FUNDS FOR HERSELF THAT PLACE THE BANK FOR AQUISITION
WE ONCE HAD A FEMALE MINISTER OF EDUCATION THAT COULD NOT BEAR BUT TO INFLUENCE THE NATIONS BUDGET FOR HER SELFISH GAINS
AND NOW WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DIEZANI ALISON MADUEKE, MAY GOD ALMIGHTY HELP US ALL embarassed
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 18, 2012
Nothing will happen to her after investigation.  Her husband, Rear admiral Allison Madueke (Rtd), a former prominent Nigeria under IBB, belongs to the coterie of Oligarchs that run this country. Sources have it that he has over 30 oil blocks in the Niger Delta region.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by akinmax: 11:40pm On Jan 18, 2012
sucre cruz:

IT IS HEART BREAKING THAT THE FEMALE FOLKS WHOM WE THOUGHT WERE SINCERE ARE EVEN BETTER FRUDSTERS THAN THE MALE FOLKS FRO EXAMPLE
WE ONCE HAD A FEMALE HOUSE OF REPS MEMBER THAT USED 640MILLION NAIRA TO FURNISH HER HOUSE
WE ONCE HAD A FEMALE MD/CEO OF A BANK WHO UTILISED CUSTOMERS FUNDS FOR HERSELF THAT PLACE THE BANK FOR AQUISITION
WE ONCE HAD A FEMALE MINISTER OF EDUCATION THAT COULD NOT BEAR BUT TO INFLUENCE THE NATIONS BUDGET FOR HER SELFISH GAINS
AND NOW WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DIEZANI ALISON MADUEKE, MAY GOD ALMIGHTY HELP US ALL embarassed

We once had a female Boss in Nigeria Stock Exchange Commission who was found corrupt. .May God help this country!
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by faithin9ja: 12:04am On Jan 19, 2012
somebody tell which Petroleum minister in Nigeria has clean hands even Tam David West (MT TUMA), you leave goat to look after yam
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by Makbo: 12:07am On Jan 19, 2012
Probe does not make anyone guilty until found guilty. Do not hold your breath. Nothing gonna happen to any of them cos they are bound by the same treacheries. It's just witchcraft circle trying to deceive people.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by donktrax(m): 12:11am On Jan 19, 2012
wow! Thatz a gud tin to do. Plz who is nxt? Cuz i want dem all awt. Corruption has killd us and yet they dnt learn dia lesson.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by sholatech(m): 12:15am On Jan 19, 2012
Is there a different AIT channel from the one I'm watching? I only heard that Civil society and Senator Obadara called for her resignation, NOT FG!
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by alarm4: 12:16am On Jan 19, 2012
GEJ have sucessfull see free Babe to hammer for compulsory leave so that they can meet at the usaual spot check to enjoy thmself, while fooling nja on chritix,
GEJ is tired of his first Grammatical lady, GEJ  tongue is seroiusly need a hangover, conji won kill em tongue
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 19, 2012
K seriously, does anyone have proof of them being an item? Stop talking ish.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by dayokanu(m): 12:18am On Jan 19, 2012
Retardeen no fit sack am lailai
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by donktrax(m): 12:19am On Jan 19, 2012
Danka7777:

Nothing will happen to her after investigation.  Her husband, Rear admiral Allison Madueke (Rtd), a former prominent Nigeria under IBB, belongs to the coterie of Oligarchs that run this country. Sources have it that he has over 30 oil blocks in the Niger Delta region.

i pity her, ha husbandz oil block wudnt save her. Wat abt Ibru? She is in jail nw na. Nobody is above d law when proved guilty.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by jason2010(m): 12:20am On Jan 19, 2012
donktrax:

i pity her, ha husbandz oil block wudnt save her. Wat abt Ibru? She is in jail nw na. Nobody is above d law when proved guilty.

I trully doubt if Ibru spent a minute in anybody's jail. Anyway, this Deziani broad needs to bow the f-ck out. I am so disappointed with the b-tch.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by millionbuc(m): 12:33am On Jan 19, 2012
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by xpagnol: 1:08am On Jan 19, 2012
Was her passport collected?

This question is very important thats if the rumour is conmfirmed. I learnt that she has two companies managed by her younger brother that benefiterd from the subsidy although on ghost importers lis.

More super story. No wonder Baba shegee did'nt say any thing all these while because he even warned jonah not to go this subsidy side. It actually started under his tenure, What pains me most is that the larger vessels are off loaded off our waters in benin and togo and they ferry smaller ones to nigeria.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by rashmo: 1:13am On Jan 19, 2012
Oil Minister Double Standards: Photos Of Son’s Private Jet Lifestyle

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/01/18/oil-minister-double-standard-photos-of-sons-private-jet-lifestyle/
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by Princek12(m): 1:16am On Jan 19, 2012
This woman has proved that what a man can do, a woman can do better.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by playahP(m): 1:18am On Jan 19, 2012
supa story, mmmchhhewww,
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by caseymoney(m): 1:30am On Jan 19, 2012
Fresh Dust, indeed!
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by naijaking1: 1:52am On Jan 19, 2012
millionbuc:

Minister Of Petroleum Sacked?!;

Get Details Here.

http://5slate..com/2012/01/petroleum-minister-alison-madueke-sent.html#axzz1jSqGs1Ow

There're no details, you fo.ol sad
Your link shows a call, a request, an appeal from an ACN political operative to sack the minister. Your own link never showed any information that the minister has infact been fired, sacked, or even suspended.
You people have to stop this madness.
What a shame if this whole episode turns out to be another false publicity campaign against the minister, and carried on the N/L headline
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by pcicero(m): 2:00am On Jan 19, 2012
Jonathan cannot sack Diezani Allison-Madueke because she is Oga Jona's sister in-law. A very reliable source told me that Madam Patience has no issue for Oga Jona. Although Oga Jona has kids and they were born by Diezani's elder sister.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by cy4ril: 2:08am On Jan 19, 2012
GEJ in action!!!
Petroleum ministry suspended till further notice
IGP 24hrs to reproduce escaping BH suspect  grin grin grin
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by MrResource(m): 2:16am On Jan 19, 2012
It can happen naw. . .GEJ liver no reach that side

pcicero:

Jonathan cannot sack Diezani Allison-Madueke because she is Oga Jona's sister in-law. A very reliable source told me that Madam Patience has no issue for Oga Jona. Although Oga Jona has kids and they were born by Diezani's elder sister.

Lol. . .reliable source indeed grin
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by samguru(m): 2:35am On Jan 19, 2012
This ȋ̝̊̅§ not true,I just confirmed this from someone working in Aso rock.
Pls always authentication any information want to feed NLs in other to. Uphold the veracity of our posts
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by samguru(m): 2:37am On Jan 19, 2012
Pls pardon my mistake I wrote authentication instead of authenticate
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by Nobody: 2:37am On Jan 19, 2012
jason2010:

I trully doubt if Ibru spent a minute in anybody's jail. Anyway, this Deziani broad needs to bow the f-ck out. I am so disappointed with the b-tch.

Seems like it is your own sister that you are referring to as a b1tch, thugs with no manners. You lot just open your mouths wide and talk pure rubbish. You are referring to a respectfully married woman with grown kids as a b1tch. Honestly, you deserve to be shot. Monkey.
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by aljharem(m): 2:46am On Jan 19, 2012
Bandit C.:

Seems like it is your own sister that you are referring to as a b1tch, thugs with no manners. You lot just open your mouth wide and talk pure rubbish. You are referring to a respectfully married woman with grown kids as a b1tch. Honestly, you deserve to be shot. Monkey.

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by ideylaff: 2:48am On Jan 19, 2012
Quote from: jason2010 on Today at 12:20:12 AM

Quote from: Bandit C: Seems like it is your own sister that you are referring to as a b1tch, thugs with no manners. You lot just open your mouth wide and talk pure rubbish. You are referring to a respectfully married woman with grown kids as a b1tch. Honestly, you deserve to be shot. Monkey

@ Bandit C shine your eyes wel weel bro and wake up, Na today, The security boys in Aso Rock Guest House on Road 1 have confirmed she is GEJ's Bleep, constant bro, no be 1 day , 2 day 3 day ooooo

Respectable what, LOL. See below, dia is no smoke without fire, she failed as works minister and yet GEJ still gave her Petroleum Ministry,

She must be good down below, oooo

A few days before names of then Acting President Goodluck Jonathan’s ministerial nominees were announced, there was a serious quarrel between the first couple. A source who witnessed the quarrel said, “The fight was so bad that madam nearly tore Oga’s shirt.” The bone of contention was the pending announcement of Deziani Allison Madueke as one of the ministerial nominees.
Two years earlier Patience Goodluck Jonathan had openly confronted Deziani Allison Madueke’s mother, Beatrice Agama, at an event in Port Harcourt. Patience told Deziani’s mother, “Mama, please tell your daughter to leave my husband alone. She is married and I’m married. What kind of thing is this?” An eyewitness told this reporter: “The woman was so embarrassed all she could mutter was, “What is she talking about?”

Days before Deziani was announced as the new Petroleum Minister, Elendureports.com had exclusively reported that she demanded to be given the petroleum ministry, a demand, we are told, she made in 2007 but could not get. Although there was overwhelming support for Odein Ajumogobia, SAN, who was  Minister of State for Petroleum under Rilwani Lukman and was expected to get the substantive job, in the oil and gas industry, Deziani insisted that she be given the job. Ajumogobia was given the Foreign Affairs Ministry while Deziani Allison Madueke got her wish—the Petroleum Ministry.

In fairness, Deziani Madueke before being appointed minister in 2007 had worked with Shell Petroleum Development Company. She got to the position of Executive Director of the multinational conglomerate. While there is some controversy as to her experience in the oil industry and level of competence, the fact is that she left Shell as an Executive Director, a position few Nigerian women, if any had occupied.

On the day the First Lady of Nigeria, Patience Goodluck Jonathan traveled to Dubai, sources said, she wrote a note to her husband, President Goodluck Jonathan. The note, which was hand-delivered by one of her two children supposedly encouraged the President to invite Deziani Allison Madueke “to move into the Presidential Villa.” We could not independently confirm this but a source who was with her on the trip to Dubai told this reporter that the First Lady refused to take calls from the President for the first couple days she was in Dubai.

The day before her departure to Dubai, a Saturday, then Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Shehu Ladan spent two hours at the Aso Rock Villa. Most of the two hours the GMD was at the Villa was spent in consultation with the First Lady. Ladan traveled to London on official assignment the day the First Lady took off to Dubai. The next day Ladan was fired from his job and no reasons were given.

From what Elendureports.com has been able to piece together with information available, Shehu Ladan is said to have executed five oil deals on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria. The Minister of Petroleum signed off on these deals. One of the beneficiaries of this deal is Patience Goodluck Jonathan. According to some sources, the First Lady made $2,000,000 profit from her deal. This was later reported to the President by Deziani Madueke who claimed that Ladan “misled” her.

The Monday Ladan Shehu was sacked while on official assignment in London, Presidency sources said the Petroleum Minister had visited the Villa to see the President. She was said to have presented two documents to the President; one, for approval to sack the NNPC GMD and the second one was for the appointment of his successor. The President, according our sources, read the documents and quickly signed them. “The President did not even consult anybody or directed that a query be issued to Ladan. She just handed him documents, the man read them and just signed. I can tell you that is the fastest decision this man has made since I’ve known him,” said one Presidency official.

The President and Deziani Madueke have a relationship dating back to his time as Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State. Some even claim that the relationship predates his years as Deputy Governor. A source claims the President and the Petroleum Minister are cousins. This claim was quickly dismissed by several sources who have known them for years.

A very credible source informed this reporter recently that Pres. Goodluck Jonathan came close to divorcing his wife, Patience, last year. According to this source, what saved the marriage was the intervention of Hassan Tukur, current Principal Secretary to the President. Tukur was then the Head of the Nigerian Energy Commission. He is a “long time pal of the President.”

Deziani Allison Madueke’s place as one of the two most powerful women in Nigeria today is not in doubt. Nowhere is her power more visible and pronounced than at the Presidential Villa. According to several presidency and security sources, any time Deziani visits the office of the president nobody else is allowed to see the President.

One source told Elendureports.com: “Soon after Oga became Acting President, Deziani came to visit him. Shortly after she walked into the Acting President’s office, the then Principal Secretary to the Acting President walked in to take some documents to him. Jonathan just raised his hand to stop the man in his tracks. After that everybody got the message. You do not enter the President’s office when Deziani is visiting.” These visits we are told sometimes lasts up to three hours.

After the sack of Shehu Ladan as the GMD of NNPC, there were rumors that the former GMD had engaged in a shouting match with the Petroleum Minister. However, almost everybody we spoke to for this story who had known Ladan Shehu insisted that the man was not capable of such behavior. Some top NNPC staffers who spoke with this reporter insisted that Deziani was threatened by Ladan’s alleged closeness to Patience Jonathan. “You see, Deziani would’ve been ticked off by Ladan going to the Villa to spend two hours with Patience. The Minister in a meeting with us informed us that she demands 100% loyalty and would not tolerate any disloyalty. How do you think she would’ve seen Ladan’s visit to the First Lady even though there was nothing personal in that visit?” said an NNPC staffer. Elendureports.com could not confirm if indeed there was a meeting between Deziani and top NNPC staffers.

The President’s relationship with Deziani Madueke, official and harmless though it may be, has not been well received by Nigerians. Several people we spoke to for this article advised the President to “tone it down.” One very angry Bayelsa political chieftain said to Elendureports.com: “The President’s relationship with Deziani may be harmless…I tend to believe all these rumors are lies but even at that the man should tone it down. He is the man.” Another person told us: “How can on his first official visit to the United States, instead of going with his wife to see Pres. Obama who was with his own wife, he took as part of his entourage Deziani? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying there’s anything between them but if it were you would you do it? Tongues are wagging about you and one woman and on your first official visit you take her instead of your wife, on your first state visit to your wife’s state you take this same woman and send off your wife to Delta State. Haba, let common sense prevail here.”

A lady who has known Deziani and Goodluck Jonathan for years told this reporter: “Why is it that when a woman climbs to the top you start looking into how she made it? Do you expose men to the same scrutiny? It is even worse when people like you do it.”

This story is not about Deziani Allison Madueke’s personal life or how she got to the top. When Deziani’s name was first announced for minister in 2007, this reporter traced her history, up to her days in Washington as a student of Howard University but did not do a story
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by denzel2009: 2:59am On Jan 19, 2012
2buff:

K seriously, does anyone have proof of them being an item? Stop talking ish.

I have been trying to get my head round that too. If Jonathan is clueless, obviously his epon must be retarde[i]d[/i].
Re: Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> by jhayluz: 3:21am On Jan 19, 2012
waiting,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Clears Ifeanyi Ubah For Anambra Governorship Election (Photos) / Suleiman Abubakar: Boko Haram Kills Soldier (Photos) / Nigerian Army Launches Cyber Warfare Command And App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.