Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem (5231 Views)

In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone / Is Nigeria's Problem Bad Leadership Or Weak "followership"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by pheesayor(m): 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2012
Controversial blogger and twitter personality Dada Oluwasegun @bosszangaruwa held a tweet meet session last night on why secession is not the solution to Nigeria’s problem as widely claimed by some people. Full compilation below.

This tweet lecture became necessary because of the situation of things in country and the orientation of some tweeps on here.
Secession means to withdraw formally from an alliance, federation, or association, as from a political union. In the Nigerian sense, the first attempt at secession first occurred during the Nigerian civil war. The igbos decided to secede to form Biafra republic due to ethnic and religious tensions among the various peoples of Nigeria.
Our problems won't, can't and will never be solved by secession! Our problem is bad leadership! Leaders that won't listen, they say the south south owns the oil, and its the wealth of Nigeria! Don't be deceived, God deposited the oil there. Nobody has a right to claim the natural resources deposited by God, it was deposited for our common wealth.
Most of our food comes from the North, other natural resources come from the south, we need one another to survive!
Politicians created this problems, they need us divided to mask their kleptomaniac tendencies. Divide and conquer always works.
Even among the Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas there is division, the Yoruba man for example. Hausa: even among the hausas, there exists Kanowa, Kaduanawa etc! Division everywhere! Ibos: the man from Rivers or Bayelsa state will hate to be referred to as an Igbo man, and it goes on and on.
We need understanding, all our lives we have been fighting ourselves, we need to identify a common enemy. The common enemy here is not the Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba man, the common enemy is the corrupt leadership.
Imagine who the leaders will be if God forbid there is a secession? Same of same, criminals, enemies of the people. Oduduwa republic: imagine the Alao akala, fani kayode, iyiola omisore, tinubu, bode george etc, ruling d nation.
Niger Delta republic; the peter odilis, james ibori, uduagahn, alamesyisgha, etc ruling the nation. Arewa republic: imagine the abacha kids, IBB, adamu ciroma, abdusalam abubakar, Sambo etc as the image of the new nation.
What we should work towards is a new Nigeria, the #occupyNigeria movement has shown that possible. People of different ethnicity and religion working to achieve a single goal #AnewNigeria. Yes its possible.

Like a Catholic marriage, we may not be happy but we cannot contemplate a divorce. God does not make mistakes- Mathew Kukah,

Hashtag used is #secession101
Follow him @bosszangaruwa

http://pheesayor..com/2012/01/why-secession-is-not-solution-to.html
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by LogicMind: 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2012
I wonder where we were before lord luggard carry im problem come.
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by Obiagu1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2012
I didn't even read your stuff but the title pissed me off.

Divide the stupid country so that the Yoruba will be at home peacefully in their SW without bitching and whining about the Igbo in their territory all the time.
We are not one and can never be. Let everyone answer his papa name and be happy.
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by pheesayor(m): 8:22pm On Jan 19, 2012
Obiagu1:

I didn't even read your stuff but the title pissed me off.

Divide the silly country so that the Yoruba will be at home peacefully in their SW without bitching and whining about the Igbo in their territory all the time.
We are not one and can never be. Let everyone answer his papa name and be happy.

And have bode george, bola tinubu and co become our leaders abi There's more than one route to a market and your route is impassable smiley
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by Obiagu1(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2012
pheesayor:

And have bode george, bola tinubu and co become our leaders abi There's more than one route to a market and your route is impassable  smiley

Our route is passable and you guys should support us this time because it seems you want us to leave you alone.
It's time for action and no more double talking like this :

leave south west and go back to your cursed land

Our flag is ready to be hoisted any time. We are going home and leaving your SW forever.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRubQmnEBUMyz9F0IvOVfZpfKuhpOn-mNPn6MmzVqOZSYaznee_2A[/img]
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
Obiagu1:

Our route is passable and you guys should support us this time because it seems you want us to leave you alone.
It's time for action and no more double talking like this :

Our flag is ready to be hoisted any time. We are going home and leaving your SW forever.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRubQmnEBUMyz9F0IvOVfZpfKuhpOn-mNPn6MmzVqOZSYaznee_2A[/img]

lwkmd! double talk dey inside genes o
e no go die lai lai cheesy
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by LogicMind: 9:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by seenoevil1: 9:38pm On Jan 19, 2012
pheesayor:

Controversial blogger and twitter personality[b] Dada Oluwasegun[/b] @bosszangaruwa held a tweet meet session last night on why secession is not the solution to Nigeria’s problem as widely claimed by some people. Full compilation below.

This tweet lecture became necessary because of the situation of things in country and the orientation of some tweeps on here.
Secession means to withdraw formally from an alliance, federation, or association, as from a political union. In the Nigerian sense, the first attempt at secession first occurred during the Nigerian civil war. The igbos decided to secede to form Biafra republic due to ethnic and religious tensions among the various peoples of Nigeria.
Our problems won't, can't and will never be solved by secession! Our problem is bad leadership! Leaders that won't listen, they say the south south owns the oil, and its the wealth of Nigeria! Don't be deceived, God deposited the oil there. Nobody has a right to claim the natural resources deposited by God, it was deposited for our common wealth.
Most of our food comes from the North, other natural resources come from the south, we need one another to survive!
Politicians created this problems, they need us divided to mask their kleptomaniac tendencies. Divide and conquer always works.
Even among the Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas there is division, the Yoruba man for example. Hausa: even among the hausas, there exists Kanowa, Kaduanawa etc! Division everywhere! Ibos: the man from Rivers or Bayelsa state will hate to be referred to as an Igbo man, and it goes on and on.
We need understanding, all our lives we have been fighting ourselves, we need to identify a common enemy. The common enemy here is not the Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba man, the common enemy is the corrupt leadership.
Imagine who the leaders will be if God forbid there is a secession? Same of same, criminals, enemies of the people. Oduduwa republic: imagine the Alao akala, fani kayode, iyiola omisore, tinubu, bode george etc, ruling d nation.
Niger Delta republic; the peter odilis, james ibori, uduagahn, alamesyisgha, etc ruling the nation. Arewa republic: imagine the abacha kids, IBB, adamu ciroma, abdusalam abubakar, Sambo etc as the image of the new nation.
What we should work towards is a new Nigeria, the #occupyNigeria movement has shown that possible. People of different ethnicity and religion working to achieve a single goal #AnewNigeria. Yes its possible.

Like a Catholic marriage, we may not be happy but we cannot contemplate a divorce. God does not make mistakes- Mathew Kukah,

Hashtag used is #secession101
Follow him @bosszangaruwa

http://pheesayor..com/2012/01/why-secession-is-not-solution-to.html

OGA DADA , DOKUBO DON TALK AM SINCE YESTERDAY , GO AND OCCUPY YOUR RESOURCES . NO DEY USE SENSE TELL US SEY OIL WAS PUT BY GOD FOR ALL NIGERIANS . GOD HAS ALREADY DIVIDED THE COUNTRY WITH THE RIVER NIGER AND BENUE LETS STOP FOOLING OURSELVES . STOP BRINGING GOD INTO SELFISH - POLITICS . AS FOR THE LINE WERE MR . DADA SAID AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS COME FROM THE NORTH , THAT'S A BIG LIE !!! YOU SHOULD COME OVER TO THE EAST AND SEE HOW FERTILE THE LAND IS AND HOW LARGE THE YAMS , PLANTAIN , COCOYAM AND CASSAVA'S ARE . OUR CLIMATE IS THE BEST FOR FOOD PRODUCTION . EVERY BODY IN THIS HELL HOLE FRAUD CALLED NIGERIA SHOULD FIND THEIR WAY . WHY IS MR. DADA AFRAID OF "OCCUPYING HIS OWN RESOURCES"
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by Dede1(m): 10:25pm On Jan 19, 2012
@POST

The so-called tweeter, Dada Oluwasegun, should clarify what he or she meant by “our” as in “Our problems won't, can't and will never be solved by secession” Let me state unequivocally the problem of Ndigbo in the cesspit called Nigeria should be easily solved by session or disintegration of country.

Any person from Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Cross River or Delta State who is not Igbo would surely frown when referred as Igbo. This is the reason I have resolutely insisted on the formation of Republic of Igbo land. It will be a nation where all the citizens shall be proud to standup and be honored as Igbo person.
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 19, 2012
Unfortunately the writer has not proven that the union is working?

It is not enough to make noise against secession. But in the face of hunger, poverty, instability, terrorism and failure to even protect the life and property of citizens it is also imperative to justify the union as is.

There is a saying that if you see no light at the end of a tunnel, go back and make for the exit for you are in a cave. There is no light in Nigeria's tunnel based on the way it is currently constituted.

A peaceful resolution of this madness is the only option.
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 19, 2012
mikeansy:

Unfortunately the writer has not proven that the union is working?

It is not enough to make noise against secession. But in the face of hunger, poverty, instability, terrorism and failure to even protect the life and property of citizens it is also imperative to justify the union as is.

There is a saying that if you see no light at the end of a tunnel, go back and make for the exit for you are in a cave. There is no light in Nigeria's tunnel based on the way it is currently constituted.

A peaceful[b] resolution[/b] of this madness is the only option.

you meant dissolution
supported
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by Dede1(m): 10:53pm On Jan 19, 2012
When Biafra attempted session in 1967, the demented disciples of GOWON (GO ON WITH ONE NIGERIA) posited the major reason they fought to bring Biafra back into fold of the cesspit was crude oil. Since after the war, the vandals have done everything humanly possible to skew the base of the crude oil away from Igbo land. One still wonders what these demented vandals are preaching about One-Nigeria. Ndigbo are praying for the quick and sudden disintegration of the country called Nigeria.
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by manchy7531: 8:12am On Jan 20, 2012
why is it that it's only the Yorubas and the hausa/fulani that is always scared of secession.

what the hell is this idiot talking about oil not belonging to anyone, pls OP/blogger go to Iran and tell them that their oil belongs to everyone including Israel and Europe or go to Liberia and tell them that their diamonds belong to everybody including you and your family or why not tell other Nigerians that Lagos is a no mans land and that non yorubas can now be governors or go to Kano and do the same.fool!!

it amuses me when i hear people talk this way .i don't blame them though,cos they know they are lazy and cannot survive without the hard work of the igbos and the oil from the SS.it all showed during the oil subsidy protest.

Lazy fools!!!!!Nigerian must break and will break up very soon.am sure you know there are different elements working day and night to achieve that.
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by stayreal: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2012
manchy7531:

[b]why is it that it's only the Yorubas and the hausa/fulani that is always scared of secession.[/b]what the hell is this talking about oil not belonging to anyone, pls OP/blogger go to Iran and tell them that their oil belongs to everyone including Israel and Europe or go to Liberia and tell them that their diamonds belong to everybody including you and your family or why not tell other Nigerians that Lagos is a no mans land and that non yorubas can now be governors or go to Kano and do the same.fool!!

it amuses me when i hear people talk this way .i don't blame them though,cos they know they are lazy and cannot survive without the hard work of the igbos and the oil from the SS.it all showed during the oil subsidy protest.

Lazy fools!!!!!Nigerian must break and will break up very soon.am sure you know there are different elements working day and night to achieve that.

They are scared of session because the SW could turn into Ivory Coast relying on cocoa and the North into Afganistan. But I will say Yorubas are smart enough that they can adjust without oil so I don't know why they are scared. Maybe they can enlighten us.
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by stayreal: 10:15am On Jan 20, 2012
Logic Mind:

I just wanted to fly the flag. That's all.

One of my friends from the Bahamas saw that flag today and he said that he read about Biafra and understands our struggle. He said that in his country they were taught that they are the decendants of Igbos and he wants to visit someday.
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by pheesayor(m): 10:24am On Jan 20, 2012
I'll post a general response to these, to the best of my knowledge.

I'm a yoruba boy but I see myself as a Nigerian first.

In all the years the igbos have claimed to be marginalised, has there not been one or two igbos among the top posts in this country?
What have they done to the igbo struggle?
Every igbo state has a governor, what have they done about these complains over the years and what have they done to develop their region

My point is, our common enemy is corruption/wicked leaders who keep coming back and until we fight that secession will never work.
Ojo Maduekwe has been in government / a minister for as far back as I can remember, who has felt his impact. Lots more like this

I stand corrected
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by Dede1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 20, 2012
pheesayor:

I'll post a general response to these, to the best of my knowledge.

I'm a yoruba boy but I see myself as a Nigerian first.

In all the years the igbos have claimed to be marginalised, has there not been one or two igbos among the top posts in this country?
What have they done to the igbo struggle?
Every igbo state has a governor, what have they done about these complains over the years and what have they done to develop their region

My point is, our common enemy is corruption/wicked leaders who keep coming back and until we fight that secession will never work.
Ojo Maduekwe has been in government / a minister for as far back as I can remember, who has felt his impact. Lots more like this

I stand corrected

Are you suffering from acute ding of malaria? The blogger you represented was lecturing people about disintegration and session while you seemed misguidedly latched on marginalization and inconsequential political positions in the cesspit called Nigeria.

You can deliberately shove the political positions in Nigeria for all I care. I had wished you publish and archive all the response to this thread. Also you can be a Nigerian first, second and third, I do not give damnable hoot.

Ndigbo had expressed enough desire to secede from the colonial accident called Nigeria. Personally, there are many drooling dingbats in Nigeria who are not worthy to share nationality with me.

Variables do not make erroneously formulated equation correct. Nigeria is wrongly configured and must be deconstructed. The so-called Igbo governors and officials you happily mentioned were product of dysfunctional Nigeria.
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by pheesayor(m): 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
Dede1:

Are you suffering from acute ding of malaria? The blogger you represented was lecturing people about disintegration and session while you seemed misguidedly latched on marginalization and inconsequential political positions in the cesspit called Nigeria.

You can deliberately shove the political positions in Nigeria for all I care. I had wished you publish and archive all the response to this thread. Also you can be a Nigerian first, second and third, I do not give damnable hoot.

Ndigbo had expressed enough desire to secede from the colonial accident called Nigeria. Personally, there are many drooling dingbats in Nigeria who are not worthy to share nationality with me.

Variables do not make erroneously formulated equation correct. Nigeria is wrongly configured and must be deconstructed. The so-called Igbo governors and officials you happily mentioned were product of dysfunctional Nigeria.

so much anger, what exactly is your point then?
Re: Why Secession Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Problem by DejiD2(m): 7:10am On Oct 29, 2014
pheesayor:

so much anger, what exactly is your point then?
I wonder oooo.....May be they are up to sumfin fishy

(1) (Reply)

Shekau Has Finished His Business / Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation / Student Wing Of ANN Endorses Fela Durotoye As Presidential Candidate For ANN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.