Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section (860 Views)

A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago / Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Ngwakwe: 8:35pm On Jan 19, 2012
There are lots of bigotry and deliberate false information that breed hatred and chase away intellectuals in this section while in other sections eg technology section there is brotherliness that transcends Nairaland and Nigeria
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Ngwakwe: 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2012
@All
Why is it that most (>90%) of the people that comment in the political section of this website  bigots? Why insult people and hold them in high disregard because they have different opinion to yours? Why employ insult and abusive languages (intellectual terrorism) to win arguement  especially when you have run out of facts and convincing theories or opinion.
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Ngwakwe: 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2012
Everybody has a right to his or her own opinion but nobody has a right to his or her own fact(s)
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Ngwakwe: 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
Moderators of this Political Section are total failure for allowing venom instead of free flowing debate for or against a motion raised in the topic under discussion.
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by NegroNtns(m): 8:51pm On Jan 19, 2012
Nice input!  

We are talking about POLITICS here.  Our presence here mirrors our realities on the ground. . . the disaffection you see here is exactly a reflection of what occur in our democracy.  It is useless to call for sanity here when the national polity itself is insane!  Politics is about turf control and patriotism to the bond of identity.  We have different identities and patriotic emotions when it comes to politics because we are dealing with human interests and needs.

Likewise the conduciveness you notice in technology is a reflection of what happens on the ground.  Yoruba man is in Alaba and needs auto part, his needs are not a factor of patriotism. . . so he is going to buy what he needs from whoever is there selling it and more than likely ibo, he will not go around Lagos looking for  a Yoruba parts delaer to trade with.  Technology has no emotion and has no needs and interests. . . it is a point of utility service or commodity consumption, period!

Rules already exist that are sufficient and adequate to guide our interaction. . . . .again, this is political section and its lovely to be here in the turbulence of it all!
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Obiagu1(m): 8:51pm On Jan 19, 2012
NL supports genocide; you should know it today when some posters are allowed to openly call for genocide or gloat over the dead of innocent men, women and kids, there's no more level below the trough one can go.

Deal with it.
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by ezeagu(m): 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2012
Yeah, whatever, but if someone I see is out of line, I will reply accordingly.
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by LogicMind: 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
why don't you stay in the technology section then?
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Ngwakwe: 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Nice input!  

We are talking about POLITICS here.  Our presence here mirrors our realities on the ground. . . the disaffection you see here is exactly a reflection of what occur in our democracy.  It is useless to call for sanity here when the national polity itself is insane!  Politics is about turf control and patriotism to the bond of identity.  We have different identities and patriotic emotions when it comes to politics because we are dealing with human interests and needs.

Likewise the conduciveness you notice in technology is a reflection of what happens on the ground.  Yoruba man is in Alaba and needs auto part, his needs are not a factor of patriotism. . . so he is going to buy what he needs from whoever is there selling it and more than likely ibo, he will not go around Lagos looking for  a Yoruba parts delaer to trade with.  Technology has no emotion and has no needs and interests. . . it is a point of utility service or commodity consumption, period!

Rules already exist that are sufficient and adequate to guide our interaction. . . . .again, this is political section and its lovely to be here in the turbulence of it all!  

I agree; There should be a place where intellectual terrorists can run free and blow themselves (up) as they please, however I don't believe that place needs to be in this section. There has got to be somewhere in the Sahara, Or another "have your say" section created for that
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Ngwakwe: 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2012
Logic Mind:

why don't you stay in the technology section then?

Do you then advocate a moderatorless section where people vent their frustrations, anger, failure and mischief against others not connected with their upset
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Ngwakwe: 9:12pm On Jan 19, 2012
ezeagu:

Yeah, whatever, but if someone I see is out of line, I will reply accordingly.

You mean if a mad man run away with your clothes while bathing in the stream, you chase him been naked to form a quorum of running mad men. It's not wise at all.
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by ezeagu(m): 9:17pm On Jan 19, 2012
No, but if a bastard runs around with picture of dead relatives around, curses my lineage, threatens my family and mocks the problems in my past, I will react.
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Jan 19, 2012
Unfortunately, @Poster, I have wailed on this for years now. From what I have seen, the @moderators enable the situation so you are probably not going to get result on this. However, if you provided a better place for us to continue the same and have those rules strictly implemented, I will gladly move over. grin
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by NegroNtns(m): 9:26pm On Jan 19, 2012
There should be a place where intellectual terrorists can run free and blow themselves (up) as they please, however I don't believe that place needs to be in this section. There has got to be somewhere in the Sahara, Or another "have your say" section created for that

OP, I think you and Kobojunkie are confused. . . you got this political thing wrong. It is not what you think it is, ok? Politics is separate from policy, if topics are opened on policies we all share intellectual input and debate it wisely. Most topics here are on politics and not policies. The change you can suggest is for the moderators to meet and compe up with some kind of way to set expectations; say for instance for every 3 political topics, a poster must balance that with maybe 2 or 4 policy topics.
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Jan 19, 2012
^ You do know that what you have up there makes no sense, right? Discussions on politics, and not just associated policies, go on every day, around the world. What the @Poster is suggesting is that people be more civilized in the manner they respond on here.

I know you are on of the guilty numb-knots and that is probably why you are rambling already . . ROFLMAO!
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Jan 19, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-850023.0.html

Now this thread is an example of what the problem is. You have a perfectly good topic for discussion but instead you have some class A dingbats littering it with their stupidity. Imagine this?
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Ngwakwe: 9:55pm On Jan 19, 2012
Seun and Co, can you please come up with flexible rules that will not infringe on freedom of speech as to restore the credibility of this once respected thread
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by LogicMind: 10:14pm On Jan 19, 2012
What you are calling for is censorship. This is one of those by products of western education that is destroying our culture. In our culture we don't need laws to know that we have freedom of speech. We all say what we feel but some people want to suppress that. They say "you can say what you want but . . .", and therein lies the problem.
They want to structure my speech for me.
They want to introduce their own morals to my thoughts.
The way I must express myself have to be scrutinised so that I don't hurt anybody's feelings.
Political correctness gone wild.

I can say that NL is one of the few openly bastions of freedom still in existence and the owners will be foolish to allow impostors like you to sway them into restricting our ways and manners of expression.

This is us
This is our reality
Deal with it
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by NegroNtns(m): 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2012
I know you are on of the guilty numb-knots and that is probably why you are rambling already . . ROFLMAO!

what!! shocked shocked I have been nothing but a patriotic and well meaning son of the soil the entire time I have been on NL. Everyone loves me here. I cant believe you said that.

Hey, Jarus. . . lock this post or move it to complaint section!!
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2012
Great proposal but I doubt your request will be granted.

The hate, the ethnic banters, the emotions and tempers that flare simply translate to unending cycles of posts and counter posts which for SEUN and owners of Nairaland will rather have because it simply means more traffic and hence Nairaland is considered very popular which means businesses get to advertise here.

Your proposal is akin to asking the CEO of Exxon Mobil to support driving regulations that will see people use less petrol. Well am sorry you will simply meet a brick wall.
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Dede1(m): 11:27pm On Jan 19, 2012
@OP

Politics is a game of free for all. Even borderline retarded goons are allowed to participate. It said that if the kitchen is too hot for a person, he or she should escape.
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by NegroNtns(m): 11:44pm On Jan 19, 2012
@OP

Politics is a game of free for all. Even borderline slow goons are allowed to participate. It said that if the kitchen is too hot for a person, he or she should escape.

. . . escape where, ehnn,. . i say escape where? Dede, your brain is too mechanical, not an ounce of emotion! "if the kitchen is too hot [size=18pt]get out[/size]!" angry dont allow them to "escape'. . . you kick their a s s out! grin
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
@OP

You make a strong case. I joined Nairaland to brainstorm with my fellow Nigerians and possibly create a school of political thought that would lead to a manifesto to challenge the Nigerian Establishment cheesy.

But unfortunately, I was radicalised here cry.  And you know, as they say, "If you can't beat them, join them."

Even the great Aristotle said that, "by nature, man is a political animal".

Since then, I have been having fun with other political animals cool.
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Jan 20, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

what!! shocked shocked I have been nothing but a patriotic and well meaning son of the soil the entire time I have been on NL. Everyone loves me here. I cant believe you said that.

Hey, Jarus. . . lock this post or move it to complaint section!!

A Tribalist claiming to be a patriot . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by jmaine: 1:15am On Jan 20, 2012
Ngwakwe:

There are lots of bigotry and deliberate false information that breed hatred and chase away intellectuals in this section while in other sections eg technology section there is brotherliness that transcends Nairaland and Nigeria

Most of us are guilty in some ways . . . .but hey, how do you stop this cancer that has eaten deep into the inner fabric of our conducts on this land  cheesy
Re: Can We Have A Set Of Rules Governing An Acceptable Comment In Political Section by Ngwakwe: 7:18am On Jan 20, 2012
Moderators should reiterate where free speech ends when it starts turning to hate speech.

Why are most intelligent and informative topics end up been derailed and stop at your father, your mother, your people . . . . . . You know what! Disgusting

(1) (Reply)

Where Is 'occupy Nigeria' , Is Everyone Dead? Do U Feel Safe? / Why Nigerians Must Constantly Challenge Their Leaders By patrick obahiagbon / Ibori International Playboy Lifestyle With £50million Fraud:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.