Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers (44177 Views)

Brain Teasers Can You Slove These? / 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks / Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 18, 2012
It takes 5 machines 5mins to make 5 bricks, how long will it take 50 machines to make 50 bricks? smiley[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by madprof(m): 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2012
D.pinaku:

It takes 5 machines 5mins to make 5 bricks, how long will it take 50 machines to make 50 bricks? smiley[color=#000099][/color]

It will take 5 minutes if:
- the bricks are made independently by the machines (each machine can make a complete brick)
- all machines work at the same pace
- all machines start at the same time
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 18, 2012
madprof:

It will take 5 minutes
Correct.
The time taken is directly proportional to the number of bricks and inversely proportional to the number of machines which leaves our constant at 5 if we were to use joint variation,
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 9:41am On Feb 19, 2012
sauer:

angry angry angry
we need to check if you actually attended/attend any school? are you sure your school is not some ramshack along lagos-ibadan expressway? tongue
difference of two squares!? u gotta be kidding me! undecided
No, Mr. You can't use difference of two squares, because. . . .simply put, those aint two squares. Who's gonna back me up here!?
lol, but we all know x=2 tongue grin grin
i nefa even ask you any question you just they make noise, no lemme start o angry
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 9:44am On Feb 19, 2012
sauer:

Nah, nah, nah! It's not omega. Answer was actually provided earlier. It's a question which broke the back of many an attempter on here. Ask Flashboy and emofine! undecided

Answer is right there. . . .Thanksall. And that's justified. Not with the many "Thankgod", "Thanksheaven", "Goodluck" names we hear around Nigeria!
rubbbbishhhhh!!!!!!!!!
We all know the answer is what. tongue tongue
you just used that to save face, after i spoil your shakara grin grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 19, 2012
Flashaldrin:

lol, but we all know x=2 tongue grin grin
i nefa even ask you any question you just they make noise, no lemme start o angry
I just fell from a banana tree. . . . tongue grin

Flashaldrin:

rubbbbishhhhh!!!!!!!!!
flashaldrubbbbishhhhh!!!!!!!!! tongue
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 10:53am On Feb 19, 2012
Lord_Reed:

You have 3 goats and 5 plots of grass for feeding the goats. How can you share the plots so that each goat has equal share when you can only split a plot and any subdivision by half?
suya, shebi your mouth dey run like tap, you for answer this one naaa tongue tongue tongue
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by ACM10: 12:14am On Feb 21, 2012
D.pinaku:

A bottle is fully filled with oil and it weighs 1.5Kg. When it is half filled with the oil it weighs 900g. What is the weight of the bottle?

Let the weight of the bottle be x

When filled with oil = 1500g

When half-filled with oil = 900g

Weight of the oil = 1500-x

While 1500-x/2 = 600

x = (1500)-2*600

x = 300g

This problem is too elementary
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2012
The tractor must have gotten to the island during winter(when waters are frozen).not in nigeria anyway.
the other alternative can only be explained by merlin.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2012
Three brothers are to divide 17 cows as follows, eldest to take half of the total cows, the next to take one-third of the total cows and the youngest to take one-ninth of the total cows. How can the 17 cows be divided without any of them sharing a pieces cow? Pls thk.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 26, 2012
A man said 'the day before yesterday I was 15yrs old but next year I will be 18'. When was the man born?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by dj5naira(m): 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2012
D.pinaku:

A man said 'the day before yesterday I was 15yrs old but next year I will be 18'. When was the man born?
February 29.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2012
dj5naira:

February 29.
Nope,
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by dj5naira(m): 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2012
D.pinaku:

February 28.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by hbabe(f): 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2012
D.pinaku:

He was born on 31st December
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by bokohalal1: 3:32am On Mar 20, 2012
Mr. Lal was having an early walk. He had just crossed a bridge when he saw a crowd of people. Rushing to them, he found that they were crowding around a dead woman. Lal was a famous detective. He took the case and started his investigation. The woman seemed to have come for an early walk, too. Seeing her handbag lying nearby, Lal ruffled through it and found what he wanted - her identity card. Her name was Lakshmi, and her house was about a ten minute drive away. Her number was also written on her card. Lal phoned the given number.

"Is this Lakshmi's residence?"
"Yes. And I am her husband. What do you want?"
"Sir, your wife is dead."
"What! No way!"
"Sir, come here quickly."

About ten minutes later, a car pulled up. The husband got down, and on seeing the woman, rushed to her and started crying. Lal was about to console him when something flashed in his mind. He quickly had the husband arrested. Can you tell why?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nairaplus(m): 8:02am On Mar 20, 2012
sauer: You are on an island in the middle of a lake. The lake is in a remote part of the country and there has never been a bridge connecting the island to the mainland.

Every day a tractor and wagon gives hay rides around the island. Puzzled as to how the tractor had gotten onto the island, you ask around and find out that the tractor was not transported to the island by boat or by air. Nor was it built on the island.

Explain how the tractor got there?

First, let's see the definitions:

An island is any piece of land that is surrounded by water.

A lake is a body of water that is surrounded by land.

Now, what is an island surrounded by a lake?
It's a joke.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by LordReed(m): 1:01pm On Mar 20, 2012
Lord_Reed: You have 3 goats and 5 plots of grass for feeding the goats. How can you share the plots so that each goat has equal share when you can only split a plot and any subdivision by half?

Such a simple question yet no one answers it?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by LordReed(m): 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2012
boko_halal: Mr. Lal was having an early walk. He had just crossed a bridge when he saw a crowd of people. Rushing to them, he found that they were crowding around a dead woman. Lal was a famous detective. He took the case and started his investigation. The woman seemed to have come for an early walk, too. Seeing her handbag lying nearby, Lal ruffled through it and found what he wanted - her identity card. Her name was Lakshmi, and her house was about a ten minute drive away. Her number was also written on her card. Lal phoned the given number.

"What! No way!"

About ten minutes later, a car pulled up. The husband got down, and on seeing the woman, rushed to her and started crying. Lal was about to console him when something flashed in his mind. He quickly had the husband arrested. Can you tell why?

Mr. Lal said Lakshmi residence and didn't mention the woman yet the husband say and I'm her husband.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by LordReed(m): 1:06pm On Mar 20, 2012
D.pinaku:

31 December and he was talking on the 1st of January
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by ayobase(m): 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2012
sauer: If you have three apples and you took away two, how many will you have?

where did u take them to?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by ayobase(m): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2012
boko_halal: Mr. Lal was having an early walk. He had just crossed a bridge when he saw a crowd of people. Rushing to them, he found that they were crowding around a dead woman. Lal was a famous detective. He took the case and started his investigation. The woman seemed to have come for an early walk, too. Seeing her handbag lying nearby, Lal ruffled through it and found what he wanted - her identity card. Her name was Lakshmi, and her house was about a ten minute drive away. Her number was also written on her card. Lal phoned the given number.

"What! No way!"

he was never told the location by d detective!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 22, 2012
walegees: Three brothers are to divide 17 cows as follows, eldest to take half of the total cows, the next to take one-third of the total cows and the youngest to take one-ninth of the total cows. How can the 17 cows be divided without any of them sharing a pieces cow? Pls thk.

one extra cow should be added to make it 18 then divide as follow:
eldest gets 9 cows (half of 18 )
second gets 6 cows (third of 18 )
third gets 2 cows (one ninth of 18 )
TOTAL 17 cows divided then get the extra cow can be returned where it was taken from!

Lord_Reed: You have 3 goats and 5 plots of grass for feeding the goats. How can you share the plots so that each goat has equal share when you can only split a plot and any subdivision by half?

put the goats on the same plot every time they are feeding, et voila!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by LordReed(m): 4:07pm On Mar 22, 2012
@MrBrownJAY
Not the solution I had in mind but it works too.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 26, 2012
^something else I figured on this question is merely to divide the remaining 2 plots (after giving out 3 plots) so equally that you arrive at an approximation.
At this each billy gets 1 341/512 = 853/512. In this case, every subplot has been divided by half. This is evident in the fraction's denominator which is divisible by 2.
So, 853/512 = 1.666015625; 1.666015625*3 ~ 5! undecided
. . .except there's another twist to this story!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 26, 2012
Well, if taken at face value, above should hold.
Except any or all of the goats have different bargaining power and different weights of claims to plot of grass
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Wemmy6284(m): 1:56pm On Apr 20, 2012
In a class of 60 students,a need arise to vote for the class captain and two people are to be voted for A and B. If voting for the two people by a person is illegal and 35 people voted for A, 36 people voted for B..How many people voted legally supposing A and B did not vote..
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 20, 2012
Wemmy6284:

In a class of 60 students,a need arise to vote for the class captain and two people are to be voted for A and B. If voting for the two people by a person is illegal and 35 people voted for A, 36 people voted for B..How many people voted legally supposing A and B did not vote..

45 people voted legally.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Wemmy6284(m): 7:36pm On Apr 20, 2012
@MRbrownJAY,,Yap right, good job kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched / Graduate Runs To Her Father's Mechanic Shop, Dresses Him in Her Graduation Gown / Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.