Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday (48378 Views)

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Wednesday / Breaking News: ASUU To Embark On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by yang(m): 8:44pm On Jan 20, 2012
Why una no enter unizk??

ASUU is a stOopid bunch filled with greedy old men.

I laff in ogba

#maaaaadi
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by bandely(m): 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2012
I can't wait!
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Kcwarren: 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2012
Ds ASUU/FG stuff don deh boring sef!!
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by stagger: 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2012
Stop spreading false rumours. ASUU is not planning to call off the strike until ALL the points in the 2009 agreement are implemented.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by atasteve: 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2012
klairekk:

Prof retires at 70,
Other lecturers At 65
Civil Servants at 80,
Miltary at 65,
Pension,
How will young graduate get into the system, ? when our grandfathers are still in the system.

it calls for concern but another alternative is to start something in terms of business no matter how small.
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by eghost247(m): 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2012
make them answer those student abeg
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Henevaslips(m): 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2012
It is well
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by mikron(m): 11:51pm On Jan 20, 2012
make dem neva call am off o. cause im yet to raise N90,OOO.OO for school fees and accomodation. and na next 2 weeks dem promise to give me oooo angry
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by BUSYBRAIN2(m): 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2012
Am quietly watching to see how d drama ends
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by NotNairalandi(m): 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2012
both ASUU and FG should go to hell and never come back
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by ChiaMan(m): 2:00pm On Jan 23, 2012
Nairalandi:

both ASUU and FG should go to hell and never come back
. . .Amen o!. . .heheh
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by moddo: 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2012
The Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) will today conclude talks on the ongoing nationwide strike by the union as the negotiation between the two team was inconclusive yesterday in Abuja .

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Senator Anyim Pius Ayim, had led the Federal Government delegation while the ASUU team was led by its President, Prof Ugochukwu Awuzie.

Speaking to journalists after over three hours of negotiation, Awuzie said, “We have had deliberations, you know those of you who were here earlier will know that we have been here for more than three hours. We have looked at the issues. We have made some progress. We are likely to continue very early tomorrow morning where we will finish. When we finish, we will make a statement.

When asked whether the strike would be called off, the ASUU boss said that “It is not over but the issue will be resolved very soon”.

Awuzie further expressed satisfaction over the level of Federal Government’s commitment to the contending issues saying that, “If we fought there, you won’t see us smiling. All of us are patriots. We are talking about one thing: the good of the education sector in Nigeria. There are no adversaries in this matter. There are no winners. There are no losers. That is why we should work together.”

Reacting to a report quoting her as saying that the strike would be resolved yesterday, the Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufai, said “I did not promise that the demand will be met today (yesterday). What I said is that it is our hope and desire that based on what we are doing so far, the strike will be called off. And we have made progress. Of course, we are still meeting. Even tomorrow at 10am we have another meeting with ASUU. So, we are making progress.”

In his own comment , Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chief Emeka Wogu, expressed the hope that after the resolution of the issue, there would be a lasting industrial peace in the sector

He said, “We have made progress and everything will continue tomorrow (today). We believe that at the end of full discussions on this strike, we will come to a conclusion that will be more lasting than the previous ones
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by adebayo201: 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2012
moddo:

The Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) will today conclude talks on the ongoing nationwide strike by the union as the negotiation between the two team was inconclusive yesterday in Abuja .

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Senator Anyim Pius Ayim, had led the Federal Government delegation while the ASUU team was led by its President, Prof Ugochukwu Awuzie.

Speaking to journalists after over three hours of negotiation, Awuzie said, “We have had deliberations, you know those of you who were here earlier will know that we have been here for more than three hours. We have looked at the issues. We have made some progress. We are likely to continue very early tomorrow morning where we will finish. When we finish, we will make a statement.

When asked whether the strike would be called off, the ASUU boss said that “It is not over but the issue will be resolved very soon”.

Awuzie further expressed satisfaction over the level of Federal Government’s commitment to the contending issues saying that, “If we fought there, you won’t see us smiling. All of us are patriots. We are talking about one thing: the good of the education sector in Nigeria. There are no adversaries in this matter. There are no winners. There are no losers. That is why we should work together.”

Reacting to a report quoting her as saying that the strike would be resolved yesterday, the Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufai, said “I did not promise that the demand will be met today (yesterday). What I said is that it is our hope and desire that based on what we are doing so far, the strike will be called off. And we have made progress. Of course, we are still meeting. Even tomorrow at 10am we have another meeting with ASUU. So, we are making progress.”

In his own comment , Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chief Emeka Wogu, expressed the hope that after the resolution of the issue, there would be a lasting industrial peace in the sector

He said, “We have made progress and everything will continue tomorrow (today). We believe that at the end of full discussions on this strike, we will come to a conclusion that will be more lasting than the previous ones

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Shekson(m): 9:26am On Aug 24, 2013
Its beta dey call off the strike ASAP cos м̤̣̲̣̥̈̇ damn sick of sitting ah ome..I haven't even written my post jamb sef...please pray over Ι̥τ̲̅ Ooº°˚˚˚°º ..
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Mikebis(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2013
liaslo++:
they should wait till month ends, i am currently working on a project that will fetch me cash wink
hw much is dat catch i wll double it 4u
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Cuteclem: 11:25am On Aug 24, 2013
all this one head no even correct posting on 2012 topic one of the qualities of Nigeria
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Dizney(m): 7:08am On Oct 06, 2013
Lolz zzz
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by princeseth: 12:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
i dnt no y day are giving us false hope oh God help us
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by Help4rmme2u(m): 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
we pray dey call am off o
Re: ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday by sammirano: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
check the date nowww.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Which Course Can I Study With This Result / Jamb Reducing/removing Their 40 Marks / Bishop Oyedepo Removes Tuition For Agricultural Sciences In Landmark University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.