Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,805 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

UTME Use Of English - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME Use Of English (31776 Views)

Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] / JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels / Jamb/utme Use Of English Practise Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTME Use Of English by ujchief(m): 11:22am On Feb 27, 2012
dont be suprised that many students wil enter the ume exam without reading the said novel, students we hav these days prefer pingin, 2goin, facebook etc. Some dont even study the syllabus and brochure, making them to ignore some very important details, like puting marketing, economics or acountancy without chosing to write maths in ume. When they score 399 and are not givin admision, they start labelling the school as corupt or tribalistic.
I read potters wheel once in my js 2, very interesting, i culdnt drop the novel til i was thru. It potrays the story of obiefuna, the only son of a mean dad who sent him to live with a wicked school teacher maried to a devil as a wife. Whaoow, i stil remember the story vividly. HAPY READING U'ALL
Re: UTME Use Of English by eyezgal(f): 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2012
crackhouse:

Na wa o, you are about to write the use of English in the next jamb exam but look at your English, "Like how many pages was the Novel?" May God deliver you.
"Like how many pages was the Novel?" d English funny no be small. grin grin grin
Re: UTME Use Of English by bulksms247(m): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2012
Jamb is scam. Jamb or Aptitude Test, one must go
Re: UTME Use Of English by Alomaja: 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2012
dah me am tired o,hw wil i even start readin novel.jamb is nt tryin o.pls can som1 summarize it for me.or beta stil drop ur numba ad i wil cal u to knw mre abt d book.cos ryt nw novel money no follow 4 my budget o.TANX 4 D INFO
Re: UTME Use Of English by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2012
crackhouse:

Na wa o, you are about to write the use of English in the next jamb exam but look at your English, "Like how many pages was the Novel?" May God deliver you.
grin grin grin
Re: UTME Use Of English by tohirah(f): 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2012
Someone told me jamb has been post poned till 7th. How true is this pls
Re: UTME Use Of English by ujchief(m): 6:17pm On Feb 27, 2012
Alomaja:

dah me am tired o,hw wil i even start readin novel.jamb is nt tryin o.pls can som1 summarize it for me.or beta stil drop ur numba ad i wil cal u to knw mre abt d book.cos ryt nw novel money no follow 4 my budget o.TANX 4 D INFO
Book title- potter's wheel
arthur- chukwuemeka ike
publshers- african fep
pages- 265
colour- black
is it enough sumary for you? Lazy student! No wonder waec and neco keep recording massive failures in the ssce exam. Oga, go and safe money for next year's jamb. Penny wise,
Re: UTME Use Of English by mxxpunkxx: 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^ ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: UTME Use Of English by Johnsinia(m): 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2012
god dey
Re: UTME Use Of English by Natasha2(f): 10:38pm On Feb 27, 2012
nice
eyezgal:

"Like how many pages was the Novel?" d English funny no be small. grin grin grin
lol
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 11:35am On Feb 28, 2012
The summary of the potter's will shal be given to the less privilege, soonest, its all about obu, he is the main character, who can answer dis question if it were to be ur number one question on the potter's wheel, questn, obu was the dash @only girl b)only boy c)only child ) only woman 2)the event of the story was in the dash era. .@colonial b)pre colonial c)post colonial d)colonialism, u shall get the summary soonest due to the pressure on me from the people that added me on 2go, read wise and not wide, waiting for ur answers
Re: UTME Use Of English by Yakeeboy: 11:42am On Feb 28, 2012
Potters wheel and other will b destroy the summary will b coming to ur door step soon.,watch out courtesy promisechild edu
Re: UTME Use Of English by Moremony: 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2012
Just got mine today at 350 naira each, The potter's wheel has 265 pages while The successors has 243 pages:
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 9:24pm On Feb 28, 2012
.Good news to you, the successors is now on net for free download, just visit www.linkrepo.com, or go through google and write the successors, press the enter key and it shall be displayed to you all,,, the devil smiles when we make plans. He laughs when we get too busy but he trembles when we pray, it doesnt matter if ure a christian or muslim, all we need is to pray, the potter's wheel is still loading, , i mean da summary, im at ur service, no time to check time, how successful ure is depended on hw many risk u took while u were in the jungle of struggling, arise and shine, GOD BLESS YOU N ME AND GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA,
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 9:50pm On Feb 28, 2012
To avoid the rudgedity of the seaching, go through google then type the successors by jerry agada, the link on how to download would be displayed before you, if u stand for nothing, you fall for nothing but if you stand for something you will fall with something, expo might not save you this time, so go for knwledge like pastor chris always say, im always here 4u, the potter's wheel shall be at ur door steps presently meanin in a moment, jai bless us
Re: UTME Use Of English by charlsecy4(m): 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2012
Tobexin:

.Good news to you, the successors is now on net for free download, just visit www.linkrepo.com, or go through google and write the successors, press the enter key and it shall be displayed to you all,,, the devil smiles when we make plans. He laughs when we get too busy but he trembles when we pray, it doesnt matter if ure a christian or muslim, all we need is to pray, the potter's wheel is still loading, , i mean da summary, im at ur service, no time to check time, how successful ure is depended on hw many risk u took while u were in the jungle of struggling, arise and shine, GOD BLESS YOU N ME AND GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA,

Here is the link to the book, but I didn't see the download button <http://www.linkrepo.com/book/2595158/The-Successors>
Re: UTME Use Of English by Yakeeboy: 11:50am On Feb 29, 2012
Is it only d novels u guys are all concerned about have u guys learn how to answer comprehension and register and d elimination process this is the most pertinent thing u ought to know cos they carry higher mark than others am not saying u guys should not read it but don't dedicate all attention to it
Re: UTME Use Of English by Yakeeboy: 12:16pm On Feb 29, 2012
5Tips how to get where question may be ask. While reading the novel pick up pen and jotter and jot down (1) names of major roles (2)idioms use in d passage e.g bag of salt that was use in d novel and host of others and grammatical expression (3)events that took place that is significant (4)quotation passage which they will ask e.g quoting a passage and asking u who quote this or who does it refer too (5)the mood of the writer , dates,places,author autobiography.note potters wheels has 10questions 15marks and sucessor 5questions: more tips till coming
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 6:56pm On Feb 29, 2012
.Points to note in the potter's wheel, the story is all about obuechina, 1)mazi is the fada of obu and he gave birth to seven children, obu is the 6th and he is the only male in the family, his best friend is oti while the eldest of the three friends is samuel who is referred to as the bully n tricksters, 2)obu came first in the school exam while he was 5 year old while ogechukwu is older than obu with 3 years, but ogechukwu failed, 3)obu said he doesnt wan to go to school at the age of 5, obu's father is a cloth dealer n he was a dancer when he was young, obu's father also have a bicycle but the first person 2 ride bicycle in ummuana town is chief okeke okafor. Obu was given a red flute to congratulate him on his success, and obuechina was ask to name anything he wants and he said a goat, mazi his father said we have one 4 christmas already while obu said he wants to learn how to ride a bicycle and it was granted unto him, so obu's mother over pampered him which led to bed wetting and obu was melt to die at his 9 year birthday, as a result of a mark n a stone called ogbanje stone which was buried and it represent the life of obu, then obu wan david to teach him how to ride a bicycle bt by that time he went to david's house, david was sick while he went to polycarps whom has followed his brothers to the river 4 fishing, obu was over pampered and his father was not please with his mother so he father sent him to the village called Aka, in mr kanu zacheus' place known as the teacher, the man is known to be wicked, himself and his wife, on getting there obu was maltreated by the wife of the teacher, later obu was a register in a school central school, the conclusion shall be posted, meet me on 2go tobexin any 4 any info 08083838611 and facebook adeyeye tobi michael tobexy, remember READERS ARE LEADERS,
Re: UTME Use Of English by charlsecy4(m): 7:11pm On Feb 29, 2012
What is the likelihood that this year's UTME will be postponed?
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 7:23pm On Feb 29, 2012
Obuechina was sent to be a houseboy in aka(zacheus kanu's place) he was registered in a school called the central school where he met an osu girl called margret, osu means outcast, so obu was classified as impure as a result of the interaction between him and margret, monday was the eldest of the houseboys, he is 19yr old, after a long while obu likes to play tricks on the teacher as a result of the way he was treated by the teacher's wife, he wrote fake letters to the teacher his dad needs him at home but the teacher refuse it until his dad send madu to visit Aka town to check how his son obuechina is doing, on getting there, he slept over and came back the next day with obuechina who his mother always call onyigbo, his mother was so happy that he left what he was doin and welcomed obuchina, then obu has totally change as a result of the lesson he learnt in Aka town, hmmmmmmmmm, i think that is all i cant give out for now, questions await all the readers of this story, watchout, ,, READERS ARE LEADERS
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 7:38pm On Feb 29, 2012
Answer the followin questions in accordance with the potter's wheel, 1 mazi who is obuechina father has, children A four B five C six D seven no2) obu was melt to die at the age of, A 5 B 6 C 7 D 9 no3)what is the occupation of obu's father A cloth dealer B shoe dealer C palm dealer D school teacher no4)who is referred to as the bully in the passage @oti B samuel C obu D monday no5) obu's father bought him a, flute A white B yellow C black D read, choose ur answers carefully, ,best of luck
Re: UTME Use Of English by Alomaja: 8:29pm On Feb 29, 2012
@tobex tanx 4 d summary.bydway am readin d book already ad its kind of intrestin
Re: UTME Use Of English by Alomaja: 8:31pm On Feb 29, 2012
@tobex tanx 4 d summary.bydway am readin d book already ad its kind of intrestin
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 9:41pm On Feb 29, 2012
Ure highly welcome, gr8 nairalanders, utme postponement is never the target but the targej is for every one of us to cover lost ground, the jamb might not be put off as a result of the tenure of the recent chairman would end by the end of match, the idea is that the chairman wants to conduct the last before he took his sabbatical, this is to inform you that the jamb is irrovocably committed to be held on the 24 of match, remember the day you stop reading is the day you will stop to be a leader, READERS ARE LEADERS %-)COURTESY TOBEXIN INT'L
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 7:23am On Mar 01, 2012
Success is when you're getting up more than you fall down, so get up and go on, it's the first day of match, it's not the time to throw in the towel, fear knocked at the door, faith answered and there was no one there, 'if your life wants to be outstanding, it's depended on how many risk u've encounter in ur jorney of life, when your chances are slim and none, go for slim, one, laziness is the secret ingredient that goes into failure, but it's only kept a secret from the perso n who fails, laziness travels so slowly, poverty soon overtakes it, its time to get rassmatazz, SUCCESS DONOT OCCUR ACCIDENTLY BUT WHAT IS PLAN FOR, PLAN YOUR WAY TO THE TOP, SEEYA ALL ON Top, READERS ARE LEADERS, JAI BLESS US ALL
Re: UTME Use Of English by Yakeeboy: 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2012
Jamb must be destroy hope u guys are ready
Re: UTME Use Of English by Jmartinsz(m): 6:00am On Mar 03, 2012
[i][/i][color=#990000][/color] ok,thx 4 d info

Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 8:13am On Mar 03, 2012
Firstly thanks for appreciating my personality but English language is more than a mere subject, its the most easiest and simple subject to fail because we don't have the right info, to ur gr8test surprise i can emphatically tell you that i am wishing you merry chrismax n hapi new year is wrong, i am believing God for admission is wrong too, the right book is what you need, i hereby recommend to you invisible teacher by ashade and the fundamental formulas in english language by barr oscar, READERS ARE LEADERS, I WISH YOU ALL SUCCESS, jai bless us all
Re: UTME Use Of English by Yakeeboy: 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2012
Join the utme official thread 2012/2013
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2012
Jamb reg form has been postpone to 11 of match but jamb has not been postpone, ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me / Lagos Government Demolishes Hostel While Students Were Still Inside (Video) / Nairalander & His Old Classmates Reunite After Many Years, Hang Out (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.