Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

UTME Use Of English - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME Use Of English (31794 Views)

Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] / JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels / Jamb/utme Use Of English Practise Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 6:29am On Mar 06, 2012
,WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER, this is the time to take the bull by the horns, 3.4 million will be writin the forth coming utme for various faculties in a limited institution, AS A MAN THINKETH SO IS HE, failure starts is a mentality while success is also a mentality, anything and everything is possible only if you can burn the midnight oil, life is a one way street, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose but you will always win provide you are determined, , faith without work is vanity upon vanity. , all is vanity, jamb is all about working towards achievin that SCORE on your mind and having faith that you will get it by nooks or by crooks, SUCCESS IS A MENTALITY AND REMEMBA READERS ARE LEADERS, JAI bless you all
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 6:35am On Mar 06, 2012
, Due to the pressure on me, i have decided to summarize the successors by jerry agada, and predicted questions from my self and some lecturers but that wil be effected soonest just keep checking, this thread is dry but must cnme a live again until jamb is destroyed, READERS ARE LEADERS MEET ME @2go tobexin n facebook adeyeye tobi michael tobexy, ,,
Re: UTME Use Of English by Yakeeboy: 9:32am On Mar 06, 2012
Due to the points i hv given were the question might ask during the examination hope u guys have started masterminded it there is no time to waste believe u are a success u might have done jamb 3,4,5, times that doesn't mean u are a failure .r remember this phrase "GOD TIME IS THE BEST" U can get me @2go let get on talking promisetoba is my id
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2012
@all, the pressure on 2go for the summary of the potter's wheel has been summarized in my previous post, check very well then answer the questions that follows it, im stil at ur service, remember READERS ARE LEADERS, THE SUCCESSOR Will be on this page on friday, quote me anywhere, the tone, the mood and the figurative expressions, pls try and note the characters, its very pertinent, meet me 7@ d normal place n ur questns would b answered, watchout 4 d readers who are the leaders of 2day n 2marow, God bless you, meeee 2, jai bless
Re: UTME Use Of English by charlsecy4(m): 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2012
Tobexin:

@all, the pressure on 2go for the summary of the potter's wheel has been summarized in my previous post, check very well then answer the questions that follows it, im stil at ur service, remember READERS ARE LEADERS, THE SUCCESSOR Will be on this page on friday, quote me anywhere, the tone, the mood and the figurative expressions, pls try and note the characters, its very pertinent, meet me 7@ d normal place n ur questns would b answered, watchout 4 d readers who are the leaders of 2day n 2marow, God bless you, meeee 2, jai bless

Where is the summary?
Re: UTME Use Of English by Yakeeboy: 2:24pm On Mar 06, 2012
@charlez check the page u will see it.
Re: UTME Use Of English by joideviv(m): 12:24am On Mar 07, 2012
@Tobxin, I solemnly appreciate ur indefatiguable effort it's a clear example of sacrifice, on the issue of Potter's wheel, mama obu didnt call obu "Onyibo it was d fada". I'll also like to ask if "the successor" is a compulsory question 2 b attempted??
Wat about Obu stealing of meat, hiding mould of foofoo in d armpit, Ada and Madam @ war, Obu pikin of palm kanel with his legs pretending he's blowing of his nose, SILENCE AND HIS TRUANCY, Cromwell and We shall see, Silence on residence competition day, School supervison, Obu's first cook and his self-praised cook, Monday's promiscuity, d relationship between Ogechukwu and Obuechina, what led to AKA name formation
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 12:11pm On Mar 07, 2012
@all thats the spirit, im proud of u guys on this tremd, pour out your mind if you have read the book, your contribution is certainly inevitable and indispensible, jamb is very tricky, some likely question that would be ask will be on this trend 2day, remember this phrase, READERS ARE LEADERS,
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 12:31pm On Mar 07, 2012
. UTME 2012/2013 SECTION, (1)the only son of maxi is called (a)ogechukwu (b)obuechina (c)uzoamaka (d)nkechi (2)the first person to buy a bicycke is called (a)chief adenuga (b)chief okeke okafor (c) chief maduabuchi (d)chief okigbo (3)the occupation of mazi is called (a)tailor (b) shoe dealer (c) cloth dealer(d)food dealer, this is how the question will look like, be wise and read wise not wide, remember da phrase READERS ARE LEADERS, , jamb 2012 will be destroyed, remember the state still remains the same while registration closes on the 11th of march 2012, love u all, pls im doin this because uve asked for it, pls dont flash me, , 08083838611, @2go tobexin @face buk adeyeye tobi michael tobexy, READERS ARE LEADERS, THEY ARE ALSO A ROLE MODEL, ITS TIME FOR CHANGE, IF U WILL BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. ,
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 6:52pm On Mar 07, 2012
, ,, @.all i must confess 2u the successors is rough and clumsy, due to the rudgedity of the novel, im not sure my summarization wil avail to any effect, due to this point, i think we need hands to destroy the successors, its not 4 only me, TO ALL MY FAN, REMEMBER READERS ARE LEADERS,
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 6:41am On Mar 08, 2012
The boko haram has threatened to dismantle the conduction of the utme in the north, which is a big condition that might lead to the rethink of jamb in order to save the life of all expirant of various university, i pray they won t postpone it but it might be postpone but the date stil remains, READERS ARE LEADERS
Re: UTME Use Of English by vandetta(m): 10:29am On Mar 08, 2012
Continental issues as cult butchers final year student.
Details at www.educationigeria..com and like group at www.facebook.com/pages/Voice-of-the-Nigerian-Tertiary-InstitutionsVNTI/362095437154273

Don't miss that news. Invite your friends and swell the community.

Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2012
No time again, The time is near, just be good at your 3 subject even if u are weak in one 80 multiply by three is 240 already then go 4 d weak subject and get 50 dats 290, im waiting to hear ur testimonies, , readers are leaders
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2012
.The potter's wheel conclusion is here, the book was first publish in 1973 by vincent chukwuemeka ike, the book is a work of fiction and the story is unreal, obu was given five names and was thrown up six times by his dad after he came first in d school, obu distiquishin features are big heads and big nose, obu refuse to go to skul wen he was 4 yr old nt five, the name of obu's town umuchukwu, the first person to own a bicycle is okeke okafor n he describe it as a blind blind horse,, mazi gave obu red flutd which was made in japan, mazi(obu's fada) bicycle was 16yr old, mama osondu is refer to as mama doctor becaus his son(osondu) was d first doctor in d village, David was born in the same week obu was given birth, 2 films was shot at d war front they are 1.shot of bridges 2. Giganti 3. Accident(those films were shot in the first film) while the second film signifies dat d palm kernel and rubber mere use to win wars, the main film was in form of any kindom, THE FIRM postray d britian to be humane and courageous while d german were refers to as wicked n greedy, heartless n senseless, NOTE, THE COBRA REPRESENT THE GERMANS(IT REPRESENT WICKEDNESS) WHILE THE MONGOSE (ITS REP THE POWER OF LIGHT) REPRESENT D BRITIAN.,THE two terrorrist that was enlisted into the army are kingkong n uke and the villages intentions are to fget them i.e they should die in d war front, peace,

1 Like

Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2012
The meanin of some important words as use in the potter's wheel passage are as follows:, bahama means low grass, jioji:cotton, mgbedike: enyim:my friend masquerade with a large head, oji ugo: a variety of the kola nut, ije nwat: mama oti's title meaning the footsteps of a child. Samba:a musical instrument
Re: UTME Use Of English by solaugo(m): 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2012
, UTME 2011 Mathematics and English questions and answers uploaded to www.utmesuccess.eu.pn , access your level of preparedness for UTME 2012, Attempt any of the question papers from 2009-2011 and receive your evaluation online immediately,
Re: UTME Use Of English by bales1: 9:04am On Mar 10, 2012
it's super interesting! I bought it yesterday around 11pm and i am read it everything!

I will now read the successors,when i am through ,i will take time to post all possible question in it.

#occupyjamb# smiley
Re: UTME Use Of English by bales1: 9:17am On Mar 10, 2012
can't even edit after typing carelessly,
Re: UTME Use Of English by fng: 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2012
Go take TOEFL
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 7:01am On Mar 11, 2012
..........THE SUCCESSORS IS HERE...MORE CONTRIBUTION WOULD BE UNAVOIDABLE BECAUSE HAS DIFFERENT CHARACTERS...the story is a work of fiction and its unreal....terkura aste0and okoh are both workin in provincial hotel at makurdi'....mr eze is a rich man that usually comes to provincial hotel and he always give the two attendant of d hotel some money....one day terkura dreamed that he own an hotel y okoh laghed at him..later that day they heard that mr eze their helper has been killed in a riot in kano....mr eze is not educated but a businessman who influence the two boys and made them believ you can stil make it even if ure not educated...mr eze is a trader and dealer...mr eze has visited most of the countries in the world except usa and united kingdom.. And eze always speak various nigerian language which made him a multi liquistic..tekura told okoh there is goin to be war because ojukwu is bombing Otukpo daily...okoh said ojukwu is concern with the succession because of the discovery of oil in the eastern region, he wants the total control and Gowon wont allow that to happen...mathew asten is the dad of terkura and his a catechist while margaret is his mother and he gave birth to six survivin children while the first born who was d first born died and reduce the family to six natural they ought to be seven, margaret mother of turkura wants him to marry torkwase but terkura refused it because of his dream of goin to the university...provincial hotel is a govt hotel, the home of okoh is okporo...NOTE THE SUCCESSORS IS CHAPTER BY CHAPTER, I SHALL CONTINUE LATER 2DAY, THANX 4 UR TEX AND FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT REMEMBA READERS ARE LEADERS.......
Re: UTME Use Of English by otodeluxe(m): 8:11am On Mar 11, 2012
thanks so much! I was wondering where i would find such books.
Re: UTME Use Of English by bales1: 8:11am On Mar 13, 2012
tekuera die when sleeping,he doesn't have any wife nor a child .when he die ,he handover all his property,wealth to david atsen!.david live a wayward life after seeing a lot of money in his disposal.but later find its footstep when he found out there are no excess liquidity as before.

Okoh,a friend to tekuera died as a result of excess alcohol and depression.he was a family man who has a wife name maria.their first born name is ifene.

Ifene experience a lot of difficulty when he's growing up.his father died,his mother is poor ,but through hardworking as a driver he make both ends meet .

Ifene later become a governor married to mwuese,while david married ene,a friend to mwuese during their sec. School day.

I will add more later
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 1:17pm On Mar 13, 2012
.@all ur contribution is inevitable... .One of the things that led to the death of okoh is when he caught his son okoh smoking indian helm......join the successors trend to get the full details but i will stil put it here but if ure in a haste, JOIN THE SUCCESSORS THREAD
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 6:53am On Mar 14, 2012
The conclusion of the successors is here..the death of okoh d father of ifenne was refered to as a parasite death i.e insignificant death because he was poor and not ready to reachout for help from his fwend terkura who did nt marry but very wealthy, the death of terkura was refered to as a mysterious one...terkura died at the age of 51..ifenne the son of okoh, decided to go 4 a coductor job, in which he was employed by mr olu who is referred to as a discipline and strict man...nato is a notorious bus conductor in the town....ifenne did the job of a conductor for 6 yrs, then he decided to run for election with d party called DPN AND HE WON AND BECAME THE GOVERNOR Of benue....
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 7:00am On Mar 14, 2012
...Okoh died after 3 month he encounter his son smoking....okoh wife was maria and she was 19 and okoh was 24 when they got married...i done my best, its because i wish you well, to all that sent me a recharge card to show appreciation, thank you and questns solid one awaits you,....read wise nt wide...READERS ARE LEADERS..@2Go tobexin, let kip chating, my contact is 08083838611, pls no flashing, thanx and jai bless us all
Re: UTME Use Of English by solaugo(m): 3:15pm On Mar 14, 2012
UTME 2012 holds on March 24th 2012.....a training for those that will handle the thumb print software was held today nation-wide..visit www.utmesuccess.eu.pn to access UTME past questions online...attempt them and receive your evaluation report online immediately...
Re: UTME Use Of English by ozaro(m): 9:54pm On Mar 14, 2012
Those books are really scarce around here and borrowing is just impossible for me....could anyone make a summary and post it Pls!!!
Re: UTME Use Of English by Tobexin(m): 10:07pm On Mar 14, 2012
It has been summarized before, GOOD NEWS, PREDICTED QUESTIONS BY HMMM, WILL BE DISCUSS ON MY 2GO AN FACEBOOK, @2go tobexin and facebook Adeyeye tobi michael tobexy, i cant post it here because its not for everybody and not for public tinz, check the summary of successors on the thread and the successors thread, THE PREDICTEd Questns is 4 Both POTTER'S WHEEL AND SUCCESSORS..REMEMBA READERS ARE LEADERS
Re: UTME Use Of English by Kylexy3000(m): 9:11am On Mar 16, 2012
winkcut the crap guys,jamb is not gonna ask yhu questions like dis(who is the fada of obu,and all those stupid questions) Quote from the syllabus "comprehension from the potter's wheel and the successor"good,it means you are to answer comprehension passages concerning the two novels,so for your easy understanding for candidates and also to save time,dats why they recommend the two novels for jamb candidates...just for easy comprehendin,so guys expect the summary of the two novels which will be like comprehension passage..note:read wild(25 mks),ALSO NOTE THE DICTIONARY/DIFFICULT WORDS AND ALSO IDIOMS U FiND IN THE novel cus its likely you meet it in ur synonyms and antonyms.
Re: UTME Use Of English by Johnsinia(m): 11:04am On Mar 16, 2012
Nice summary tobexy
Re: UTME Use Of English by Johnsinia(m): 11:04am On Mar 16, 2012
Nice summary tobexy
Re: UTME Use Of English by busar(m): 4:31pm On Mar 16, 2012
@tobexy,yakeeboy etc,u ppl are doin a gr8 job.kip it up. Is it downloadable on d internet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairalander & His Old Classmates Reunite After Many Years, Hang Out (Photos) / Lagos Government Demolishes Hostel While Students Were Still Inside (Video) / The Best Universities (public And Private) In Nigeria For MBBS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.