Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? (2492 Views)

And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... / Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories / Married Couples Who Never Have Sex But Believe They Are Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by ngozi2000: 4:18pm On Jan 23, 2012
My husbands sister has been trying to have a baby for years. Last April my MIL tells us SIL is expecting. (NOt the normal thing in NIgerian culture to announce a preg at ALL) Anyway, due to the SIL trying, I guess they wanted to let MIL know. SO i get some details. THey are seeing a "natural" or "traditional" doctor. THe doctor tells SIL NOT to get a ultra sound. The SIL is still getting bleeding every month. The "doctor" who they are PAYING is telling her that some women can still have a period whilst preggo. OMFG I tell hubby how dodgy it is and he says that he thinks she is pregnant. SO i ask my MIL tonight how SIL is and the baby must be due any day (more like due in December!) No straight answers at ALL. I ask if she still pays the "doctor". no answer. Has she had a pregnancy test? no answer. I heard her on the phone to SIL after this askign if she has had a preggo test. ANyone else heard of doctors preying on women who are having trouble conceiving? I think it is all goign to come crashing down any day now. I cant belive they believed the doctor!
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 23, 2012
Has been going on for years, Not a scam but willing collaboration with your sister in law, she will be given a baby born by some teenage girl. Illegal Adoption and surrogacy has been on for years in Nigeria, While i understand desperation of women to have babies ( I was once in dat situation) and the extra high cost of IVF coupled with no legal method of surrogacy and stringent adoption conditions its sad that these quacks carry out these practices unhindered for years. Baby farms exist all over and so many desperate women pay to have "miracle" babies, no one sees them pregnant or they cliam its fibroad which will turn into a baby, the Quack usually gives dem some drugs and at the end of 9 months gives dem a baby which they cannot breastfeed.
Child trafficking and Fraud, not new, as old as nigeria, see so many cases everyday
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by queensmith: 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2012
what is your own? i dont even know why the mother told anybody gan sef cos this is how the whole world will be pokenosing into her business. your own is that she 'delivers' safely a healthy newborn. stop making noise and be happy for once!
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by ngozi2000: 4:33pm On Jan 23, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked
I had no idea about this!! I was just thinking my SIl was being taken for a ride by the "DOCtOR" and would just be strung along being given these 'herbs' for as long as the doc could cary it on! DO you think my SIL could know about the 'adoption' and be coluding with the doctor. I am mortified at the thought of illegal adoptions!!! AM I that naiive? IS the fake pregnancy simply to fool authorities and family etc OMG
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 23, 2012
queensmith:

what is your own? i dont even know why the mother told anybody gan sef cos this is how the whole world will be pokenosing into her business. your own is that she 'delivers' safely a healthy newborn. stop making noise and be happy for once!
Na wa oh, and we are quick to abuse our leaders. She is worried dat her Sisiter in law is being scammed and you are telling her to shut up and be happy at a very obvious fake pregnancy. How will she deliver when she is not pregnant? Lets learn to say the truth abeg, the fact that it concerns someone close doesnt mean we should conceal evil. so sad

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by ngozi2000: 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2012
I think perhaps that the person telling me to be quiet is the doctor. exactly the attitude the doctor and all scammers like their mugu to have oooo
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 23, 2012
ngozi2000:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
I had no idea about this!! I was just thinking my SIl was being taken for a ride by the "DOCtOR" and would just be strung along being given these 'herbs' for as long as the doc could cary it on! DO you think my SIL could know about the 'adoption' and be coluding with the doctor. I am mortified at the thought of illegal adoptions!!! AM I that naiive? IS the fake pregnancy simply to fool authorities and family etc OMG
Talk with your sister in law, Most of the cases I have seen the women know and pay a lot of money for the babies, but also she ,may not know and may just be duped. The Quack usually tells dem not to go to the hospital or they will loose the baby.
For most cases its to decieve family and neighbors.
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by queensmith: 4:43pm On Jan 23, 2012
debrief08:

Na wa oh, and we are quick to abuse our leaders. She is worried dat her Sisiter in law is being scammed and you are telling her to shut up and be happy at a very obvious fake pregnancy. How will she deliver when she is not pregnant? Lets learn to say the truth abeg, the fact that it concerns someone close doesnt mean we should conceal evil. so sad

cmon the womnan knows very well she is not pregnant and is trying to keep up the rouse like the doctor advised her. hence why they announced she is pregnant which like you said is uncommin in our culture.
Your mother in law is probably also in on this, hence why they wont respond to any of your questions, I am sure they have planned the whole whing which is the case debreif mentioned. These mothers are not unaware of what the doctors are doing, but since theres is no other option in Nigeria thats what you get.
Nigerians are too egotistical to adopt, she might prefer pretending to be pregnant.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by queensmith: 4:44pm On Jan 23, 2012
debrief08:

dont try and compare this, this is not a case of pretending sickness is cured, this is inventing a pregnancy in a woman thats obviously not.
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2012
queensmith:

cmon the womnan knows very well she is not pregnant and is trying to keep up the rouse like the doctor advised her. hence why they announced she is pregnant which like you said is uncommin in our culture.
Your mother in law is probably also in on this, hence why they wont respond to any of your questions, I am sure they have planned the whole whing which is the case debreif mentioned. These mothers are not unaware of what the doctors are doing, but since theres is no other option in Nigeria thats what you get.
Nigerians are too egotistical to adopt, she might prefer pretending to be pregnant.
The Poster may not know and may genuienly think the SIL is being scammed. I prefer a legal case thhan this backdoor method which mostly backfires. I have seen so many cases and its usually doesnt end well.
Its not just right and before you accuse me of being insensitive, I have been desperate to have a child in the past and even asked to consider this option but I will never do this evil or condole this evil, its different if its a legal case of surrogacy where you legally agree with a pregnant lady but in this case the teenage girls are kept in a camp and used as baby factories. Very despicable

1 Like

Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by ngozi2000: 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2012
There is nothing "OK" about human trafficking. NOTHING. I feel sick, embarassed
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
ngozi2000:

There is nothing "OK" about human trafficking. NOTHING. I feel sick,  embarassed
Dont do anything rash, speak with your sister In Law first. Take time and talk with her and talk her out of it. Ask her to go to the hospital and get checked. The money spent on this child trafficking rings can better be used to seek medical solutions. A lot of times after raising the child for a while the greedy quacks come back and blackmail you, or the NAPTIP can trace the child and take her/ him away from you, very painful and heartbreaking I must say. Its hard to be trying to concieve in Nigeria but better do it legally and have rest of mind.
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by queensmith: 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2012
ive heard it soo many times- Nigerians say the same about adoption 'it never ends well' im yet to hear of something going horribly wrong.

sha sha thats my take on things- if the sister in law is aware then next time she will know better than to run her mouth.
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2012
queensmith:

ive heard it soo many times- Nigerians say the same about adoption 'it never ends well' im yet to hear of something going horribly wrong.

sha sha thats my take on things- if the sister in law is aware then next time she will know better than to run her mouth.
With legal Adoption the mother can never come and claim the child after legally given her/ him up. There are laws very strict once Governing dat, thats why I adviced on the other thread for the mother to very carefully consider. Some kids cannot be adopted cos their mothers promised to come back and even after years of not showing up such kids remain in orphanages and can be fostered.
I have been at a lot of NAPTIP Raids it is not pretty, most of their activities re not publised but I have seen women totally heartbroken. I have seen families break because of these illegal surrogacy.
Its wrong and illegal nothing more
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by ngozi2000: 5:21pm On Jan 23, 2012
Queen it is great to have your side of things. I am sure you speak for other uneducated and corrupt nigerians out there too.
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by ngozi2000: 5:41pm On Jan 23, 2012
Debrief, the issues are endless! Nobody has yet mentioned the poor innocent children in all of this! I too had issues conceiving, but buying a child??! It is beyond wrong. I hope this just is not the case,
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by Outstrip(f): 3:27am On Jan 24, 2012
Do you know the atrocities that are commited to get these babies. From stealing peoples babies in the hospitals or enslaving women to get these babies. Many women in Nigeria today thinking that their child died but is being raised by some angry bitter woman. A woman who wants a child and uses this method gets anything that comes to her
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by ngozi2000: 3:31am On Jan 24, 2012
So so so much wrong with it! I am sick thinking about this.
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by queensmith: 8:16am On Jan 24, 2012
debrief08:

With legal Adoption the mother can never come and claim the child after legally given her/ him up. There are laws very strict once Governing dat, thats why I adviced on the other thread for the mother to very carefully consider. Some kids cannot be adopted cos their mothers promised to come back and even after years of not showing up such kids remain in orphanages and can be fostered.
I have been at a lot of NAPTIP Raids it is not pretty, most of their activities re not publised but I have seen women totally heartbroken. I have seen families break because of these illegal surrogacy.
Its wrong and illegal nothing more

lol- fantastic smoothly running and operated nigerian laws govern it? good luck with that. My aunt adopted in nigeria recently and the world has a comment to make on it- it wont work, shes too beautiful, the mom will come back for her blah blah 4 years now my baby is still here!
I also strongly beleive in adoption- the truth is no matter how rampant it is, Nigerians will not want to adopt, its a nuiscance. Whats the point of going thru nonsense like that of the posters sister when you can adopt and have an easier life?
Thats even besides the point, you are now trying to tell me a woman who is obviously and clearly not preganan will believe she is preganant just because some herbalist told her so? cmon! be serious!

the woman obviously knows very well shes not pregnant! she is in on whatever plan the doctor has for her and is covering herself with a fake pregnancy story!

1 Like

Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by queensmith: 8:18am On Jan 24, 2012
ngozi2000:

Queen it is great to have your side of things. I am sure you speak for other uneducated and corrupt nigerians out there too.

i am very sorry- here is my 'educated' stance on things-

barge into your sister in laws house in the middle of the night screaming ITS ALL A LIE! YOU ARE NOT PREGANANT THE BABALAWO IS SCAMMING YOU.
then beat her belly and say SEE THERE IS NO BABY!

that should resolve your situation smiley

good luck with all that
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 24, 2012
queensmith:

lol- fantastic smoothly running and operated nigerian laws govern it? good luck with that. My aunt adopted in nigeria recently and the world has a comment to make on it- it wont work, shes too beautiful, the mom will come back for her blah blah 4 years now my baby is still here!
I also strongly beleive in adoption- the truth is no matter how rampant it is, Nigerians will not want to adopt, its a nuiscance. Whats the point of going thru nonsense like that of the posters sister when you can adopt and have an easier life?
Thats even besides the point, you are now trying to tell me a woman who is obviously and clearly not preganan will believe she is preganant just because some herbalist told her so? cmon! be serious!

the woman obviously knows very well shes not pregnant! she is in on whatever plan the doctor has for her and is covering herself with a fake pregnancy story!
I dont get your point, so we should allow pple to steal other pples babies and pass dem off as der own. ok understood, everyone has a right to express himself.
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by dasparrow: 5:39am On Jan 26, 2012
queensmith:

@bolded, so true.

@OP

If more Nigerians who cannot conceive, are impotent or do not want to conceive due to health implications will have an open mind about adoption, then we would not be here discussing this topic. I do not know why the average Nigerian and even african has a negative perception when it comes to adopting a child who has no one else to call 'mummy' or 'daddy'. Anyways, y'all can sit there and keep faking pregnancy within your family. Nothing is hidden under the sun and one day, the truth will prevail. Goodluck OP.
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by bigbumper(f): 7:03am On Jan 26, 2012
Hahaha, the intent behind the topic is hilarious grin This na real na-who-be-the-bushmeat-na-who-be-the-hunter imbroglio grin
Re: Doctor Scamming Women To Believe They Are Pregnant? by IVYKORAH(f): 5:24pm On Jan 11, 2020
So did your sister in law still deliver a baby. Because my SIL is going tru same thing only that the scan she did shows she’s actually pregnant after 1 month of being treated by the traditional lady. The scan is saying she’s 3months gone and just last month before the treatment, the scan said there was no baby.

(1) (Reply)

Father Sleeping With Daughter? / Is Adultery Forgivable / Married People Experience On The People They Married That Wasn't their choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.