Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,169 members, 7,957,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship (8308 Views)

Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by pedestal82(m): 9:50pm On Jan 23, 2012
What has the first lady got to do with commissioning of a Naval war ship. If the President can't make it, what happened to his Vice president. OR is there somthing am missind.
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by OAM4J: 9:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
lol

Only in Naija cheesy
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by safarigirl(f): 10:12am On Jan 24, 2012
I asked the same question. Na wa †ĥĭš kain contri
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by nagoma(m): 10:15am On Jan 24, 2012
Ssshssssh! She is the Queen. wink
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by tng(f): 10:24am On Jan 24, 2012
Turai did same in the last regime, maybe thats why. i dont think its proper though.
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by desthan(m): 10:28am On Jan 24, 2012
Queen of the Damn. . .

You need to see all the women on their ''gele''. . . laughable grin
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by honeric01(m): 10:33am On Jan 24, 2012
an unrecognized office commissioning a sensitive wares like war ship?
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by Chookym(m): 10:36am On Jan 24, 2012
they just make mockery of our so call democracy
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by doctokwus: 10:39am On Jan 24, 2012
Govt of corrupt,overhyped,incompetents,ruled by a clueless fisherman with a semi literate wife dictating terms.No surprise we are where we are now in this country
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 24, 2012
Choi! i weep for nigeria oh grin grin grin
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by WinkWrld: 10:53am On Jan 24, 2012
A MUST SEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y4Qq-0ddFE&t=11s

KINDLY TXT 525 TO 33680 AFTER VIEWING. THX
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by Bomi(m): 10:59am On Jan 24, 2012
It is normal all over the world, it is part of Naval Tradition called Role of the roads. It is based on the principle of the fact that Warship are categorised as woman. Check Royal naval Book of reference. Vol III
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by EMANY01(m): 11:03am On Jan 24, 2012
You people love to hate.Please go search archives  for news footage of major naval war ship commisioning in the us, parts of europe and even russia ,you would find one common theme the wives of Top politicians or the chief of naval staff are usually on hand to break the vessle into service.This is the symbolic breaking of a bottle of wine on the hull of the ship(the bow).
This has always been a peace time naval tradition(as far as i know anyone is free to bring evidience to the contrary and i will recant) in mordern navies.
Seeing as this vessel was givin to us by the United States they (the nigerian navy) would be remiss to not observe a few of their naval traditions at the formal commisioning of the war ship in a ceremony where representatives of the US Navy would be present.
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by muhsin(m): 11:05am On Jan 24, 2012
I've been wondering since the moment I saw it. Naija for you!
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by bilaya(m): 11:08am On Jan 24, 2012
Bomi:

It is normal all over the world, it is part of Naval Tradition called Role of the roads. It is based on the principle of the fact that Warship are categorised as woman. Check Royal naval Book of reference. Vol III

Please tell those ignorant people hating for no reason
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by gulfer: 11:10am On Jan 24, 2012
EMANY 01:

You people love to hate.Please go search archives  for news footage of major naval war ship commisioning in the us, parts of europe and even russia ,you would find one common theme the wives of Top politicians or the chief of naval staff are usually on hand to break the vessle into service.This is the symbolic breaking of a bottle of wine on the hull of the ship(the bow).
This has always been a peace time naval tradition(as far as i know anyone is free to bring evidience to the contrary and i will recant) in mordern navies.
Seeing as this vessel was givin to us by the United States they (the nigerian navy) would be remiss to not observe a few of their naval traditions at the formal commisioning of the war ship in a ceremony where representatives of the US Navy would be present.
You may be right but in this case, they need all her MISSILES for the warship  grin
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 24, 2012
The president brought her out to show the nation that her diction has improved after hours of tutoring by english teachers(and i agree a bit). And did anyone notice how her hands were visibly and violently shaking when she wanted to adjust her reading glasses during her speech on t.v, sighs(afraid to make mistake, just like her husband) i pity the woman!
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by GoldCircle: 11:12am On Jan 24, 2012
@OP,
 kini big deal! Same way they are invited to be special guests to take the kick off during Novelty matches! There's nothing to it!  when Turai Yar'adua did it, why didn't the heavens fall?

It has become imperative for the federal government to reform and recondition the Nigerian Armed Forces to make them fully functional.

The first lady, Haji Turai Yar'Adua stated this at the Naval Base Apapa, while commissioning two offshore patrol vessels and dedication of two helicopters.

She said it is by equipping the armed forces that they can be able to carry out their constitutional responsibilities.

The wife of the President said since one of the seven point agenda of the present administration is security, it is therefore necessary for the nation to have powerful and professional armed forces capable of defending the countrys territorial integrity and quest for national transformation.

She said stability and security are important factors in ensuring an effective economic and political development.

Hajia Turai said the two new ships and helicopters will further enhance the effectiveness of the Nigerian Navy in combating the various security challenges.

http://www.enownow.com/news/story.php?sno=3096

http://www.bimbolafashola.com/archives/photos/2009/04/14/20090414P01.html
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by ajodog1: 11:17am On Jan 24, 2012
ah! As i de read am i no know wen sleep catch me
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by Abuse: 11:26am On Jan 24, 2012
This shows that this government is unserious. They have misplaced their priorities. If the president is busy, where is the Vice president or Senate President?It just like the wife of a bank manging director commissioning an ATM machine. Where is the correlation? I suggest the National assemby should decamp that office of the first lady from presidency to states. It should scrapped. Nigeria is bleeding from the office of the first lady. THIS HAS TO STOP.
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by Tokotaya: 11:33am On Jan 24, 2012
Bomi:

Thanks for this intervention. We live to learn. Will check it up.
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by Reference(m): 11:35am On Jan 24, 2012
It is an old naval custom originating from Britain (as most naval customs are) and practiced in several countries. Ships are also usually christined and addressed in the female gender.
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by Tytguy: 11:38am On Jan 24, 2012
na only dat one u see? wat abt 2weeks ago wey she send health minister prof onyebuchi 2rep her in an event, besies if counselor wife fit fet mout,president wife supose dey ova mouthed
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 24, 2012
Abuse:

This shows that this government is unserious. They have misplaced their priorities. If the president is busy, where is the Vice president or Senate President?It just like the wife of a bank manging director commissioning an ATM machine. Where is the correlation? I suggest the National assemby should decamp that office of the first lady from presidency to states. It should scrapped. Nigeria is bleeding from the office of the first lady. THIS HAS TO STOP. 
I was thinking same but some previous posts have pointed out it's a global naval tradition. Did you read through that? Cos it looks like you are hating for hating sake!
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by Kx: 11:45am On Jan 24, 2012
Kudos.
At least this time no gaffe!
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by sexy74(m): 11:48am On Jan 24, 2012
@ poster
most ships if not all in the world are usually commissioned by women, t does not necessary mean that DAME (the presidents wife) should commission the ships.
Google it and see more answers for yourself.
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by Tytguy: 11:49am On Jan 24, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]mata! in ba ku ba gari, in kun yawa gari zai lalace
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by missuzoma: 11:55am On Jan 24, 2012
Ships are mostly commissioned by women for luck. Worldwide tradition. Na wa for us and de poor Dame.
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by ilogbe(m): 12:02pm On Jan 24, 2012
Pls follow me on twitter @gabriel_isei, I will follow back.
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by doctokwus: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2012
When evidence is brought as to an issue under contention,its d place of d tolerant mind to admit same.To those that av asserted wt historical proof that there is nothing unusual about this tradition,its all well& good;its just for one to google d tradition in d naval community
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by EMANY01(m): 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2012
People should be carefull to cheak their facts out before they critisise otherwise it exposes them for what they are: people who just hate for reasons other than the rational or  the logical.
It's the fad to hate  anything Gej but while its their right to do so  never let the hate consume you so much that when he does things right you wouldn't see it.
Re: First Lady And Comissioning Of Naval Ship by velo10: 12:42pm On Jan 24, 2012
I think this all illustrates how erratic this government is in making appropriate decisions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okupe: Critics Of Jonathan Are Silly Nigerians / EXPOSED: Foreign Journalist Interviews Yahoo Boys (A Must Read) / EXPOSED - What Ikonso Did With Little Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.