Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio (4914 Views)

HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port / Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 / China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio by EkoIle1: 5:12am On May 28, 2012
I though I said good for Akwa?

The way I see it, this is nothing but another shortsighted and ill conceived idea. They already have a worthless and underutilized port in PH so what's different here?

They need to construct a rail line to run from lekki port with goods and services through SS states all the way to SE. Building a seaport just because you can doesn't mean it's a good idea considering the economic climate and realities. With a rail line, you kill so many birds with one stone and you even get to move good cheaper and faster.
Re: Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio by olabukola: 10:48am On May 28, 2012
Eko Ile:

They need to construct a rail line to run from lekki port with goods and services through SS states all the way to SE. Building a seaport just because you can doesn't mean it's a good idea considering the economic climate and realities. With a rail line, you kill so many birds with one stone and you even get to move good cheaper and faster.
So this guy can reason well. Thatz good.
Re: Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio by Demdem(m): 11:59am On May 28, 2012
Eko Ile: I though I said good for Akwa?

The way I see it, this is nothing but another shortsighted and ill conceived idea. They already have a worthless and underutilized port in PH so what's different here?

i support this post 100%
Re: Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio by Longeria(m): 1:15am On Aug 11, 2013
This project is a dream come true.
Re: Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio by BlackPikiN(m): 2:34am On Aug 11, 2013

No, FG or the state govt of Akwa Ibom should use it to develop the port.
Anyways, the port construction is almost done.

No be only Lagos dey Naija.
Tomorrow, you will be the first ewu to shout go back to your jungle. Chicken brain.

4 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio by MrExcel1: 4:35am On Aug 11, 2013

So according to you, SS/SE should spend extra billions of $$$ just to build a rail network into SW, whereas for 1/3rd of same amount will build a rail link connecting the seaport and SE. Your bitterness knows no boundaries, your logic isn't only foolishh and ill-thought, but baseless. When you guys are done with your lekki port, I'm more than certain you will find patronizers, as for we SE, I think Ibaka will do just fine.

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio by Longeria(m): 10:10am On Aug 11, 2013
Eko Ile: Good for Akwa and their village sea port, but it sounds like a waste of time since 2 deep sea ports, the best in West Africa are under construction in the SW with Badagry deep sea port to follow.

Lagos is not sleeping and some village seaport is just what it is, it makes not difference as far as Lagos is concerned..
South West's grand plan to suffocate the "OLD EAST"economically in order for them harness the economic potential of the fleeing
" ECONOMIC REFUGEES ". They have used okon and ekaitte to develop their hotel and leisure economy and Amadi and Ngozi to develop their commerce, trade and industry, next, massive deportation.... sorry.... Family reunion. We weren't fooled, we go wiser instead.
Re: Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio by ba7man(m): 10:25am On Aug 11, 2013
ezeagu: Let's say the truth: The Igbo middle class is based in the distant over-crowded city called Lagos, they have created a whole society there and are embedded in the land. The only thing that's going to move them back to eastern Nigerian is a serious transformation in that region (which will not happen because they are needed for that), or if they are physically moved (Igbo people in Kano, for example, are only JUST moving because Boko Haram physically entered Kano and physically blew themselves up in their face, despite bombings happening all over Northern Nigeria for over a year, and pogroms for over 40).

We see the problem here already, the people who should be using this port (the port will survive, but this is about booming and taking some load off Lagos, right?) are not going to because they will not move from Lagos to suffer some months of discomfort, for decades or even centuries of having their own. Until Igbo people can find a way to transplant their middle and upper class from Abuja and Lagos into the dead city of Enugu, the okay city of Owerri, and the terrible city's of Onicha and Aba, etc. We will continue to see failed eastern project, such as the sabotaged Tinapa, and people will continue to harass/insult millions of Igbo.
You speak as if there are no middle class Igbos in the East. Its left to the millions of them dwelling in the East to utillize the port.

It will save them the cost of trasportation from Lagos and force prices of goods down. Its a positive development for the S.E/S.S parts of Nigeria.
Re: Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio by rooftech: 10:43am On Aug 11, 2013
anybody who believes these,can believe every nonsense these is a man who has completely destroyed akwa ibom with poverty,no single job has been created or facilities. but propaganda and media hype.these ibaka am from there not even one stone is in place and he has less than 16 months left.
Re: Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
I thought work had already started on the sight for this most important seaport.

What have dey been doing for god sake

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Want To Be President, By Ekwueme / PDP NORTH 2019. Dead On Arrival / Kenya Is Fast Becoming The Business Hub Of Africa, Nigeria Didnt Make The List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.