Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

If You Could Be God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Could Be God? (940 Views)

How To Be God / "God Cannot Be Tempted. Jesus Was Tempted. Therefore, Jesus Cannot Be God". How? / There Has To Be God !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Could Be God? by ssRhino: 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2007
If God allows you to be God for one day, what will be the first thing that you will do.
Re: If You Could Be God? by Ascony(m): 10:16pm On Oct 12, 2007
Thanks man, this is the type of topic i've been waiting for. Do yoou know why? I actually wrote a short poem some time ago titled IF I WERE GOD,
And it goes thus;

IF I WERE GOD I WOULD MAKE ALL DREAMS COME TRUE

BECAUSE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE FOR THEM THAT TRUST IN ME

IF I WERE GOD EVIL WILL NEVER RULE

AND I'LL MAKE THE HEARTS OF MEN TO BE HOW I WANT IT TO BE

IF I WERE GOD THERE 'LL BE NO BEGGARS ON THE STREETS

,BEGGING FOR MONEY OR MAYBE SOME FOOD TO EAT

AND THERE WILL BE NO SORROW AND THERE WILL NO PAINS

BECAUSE IF I WERE GOD, I'LL BREAK ALL OF THE CHAINS.

what of you, what if you could be God?
Re: If You Could Be God? by sylvao2000(m): 7:19am On Oct 13, 2007
Ascony:

Thanks man, this is the type of topic i've been waiting for. Do yoou know why? I actually wrote a short poem some time ago titled IF I WERE GOD,
And it goes thus;

IF I WERE GOD I WOULD MAKE ALL DREAMS COME TRUE

BECAUSE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE FOR THEM THAT TRUST IN ME

IF I WERE GOD EVIL WILL NEVER RULE

AND I'LL MAKE THE HEARTS OF MEN TO BE HOW I WANT IT TO BE

IF I WERE GOD THERE 'LL BE NO BEGGARS ON THE STREETS

,BEGGING FOR MONEY OR MAYBE SOME FOOD TO EAT

AND THERE WILL BE NO SORROW AND THERE WILL NO PAINS

BECAUSE IF I WERE GOD, I'LL BREAK ALL OF THE CHAINS.

what of you, what if you could be God?

One of the major reason l am so happy today is becuase you are Not and will Never be GOD,
Re: If You Could Be God? by Ascony(m): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2007
@sylavao2000
but why is it so impssible for God with all his omnis?

"in the begining, and God said, let there be light and there was light"

so why cant God say, "let everything perfect and it would be perfect" is it hard, impossible or too much for us?

One of the earliest formulations of the “Argument from evil” came from one Greek philosopher named Epicurus around the 3rd century BCE, it stated as follows:

“Either God wants to abolish evil and cannot, or he can abolish evil but doesn't want to, or he cannot abolish evil and does not want to, or lastly, he can and wants to.
Firstly, if he wants to remove evil and cannot, then he is not omni potent. If he can remove evil but does not want to, then he is not benevolent (being kind/generous.), if he neither can nor wants to, then he is neither omnipotent nor benevolent, but if God can abolish evil and wants to, then how come evil still exist?”

READ THIS VERY WELL AND THINK ABOUT IT CRITICALLY.

i am waiting for your answers.
Re: If You Could Be God? by ssRhino: 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2007
I blv God can do all he wanna do, he can speal the word and make devil seize to exist, He can force our mind to be what he wants and he can make us to do just what he wants, however, a God that does that is like forcing you and i to serve Him, he has given us free will to chose btw life and death, the only time that God decided for man, he regreted it, and since then, i am sure if we were God, we will not wanna decide for humans anymore, think about the time of Adam and Eve, Adam never asked for Eve, but God with his kind heart and Hi love for man, says: waoh, it is not nice for man to be alone, and cos of this, i will create him an helper, after adam and eve disappointed God, the first thing that Adam said was, " is it not the woman that you gave me?" in other words, i never asked for the woman, u never asked me for my opinion, but u made it happen, so it is your mess and pls take care of it, so i am sure after that spit< God has decided to allow man to make their own choise.
Secondly, God has given man dominion over the earth and all that belongs to it, and God respect His own words so much that he will not come to the earth to take back the dominion, so it is up to man to make use of the dominion that God has given man.
Re: If You Could Be God? by KAG: 11:11pm On Oct 13, 2007
$$Rhino:

If God allows you to be God for one day, what will be the first thing that you will do.

Come after you.
Re: If You Could Be God? by Ascony(m): 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2007
And then what?
Re: If You Could Be God? by Ascony(m): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2007
@$$Rhino

Sometimes I don’t seem to understand some kinds of reasoning? Like yours for instance.
Okay, let’s take your word that God made a choice for us and we disappointed him. (Though it sounds silly to me but let’s not waste time debating that.)
So because of that, he now had to make the worst choice on earth for us abi?
So because of this one simple mistake of Adam and Eve, God now had to punish the rest of mankind?
If one of your child does something wrong, would u punish the rest just for the sin of one?
What manner of father would do that to his beloved children?

I like to go straight to the point, though there are many angles I could attack u from.
But lets start from here.
just tell me why a loving father would punish his entire family just for the sin of one. Is that in anyway justifiable? What did we ever do to God to deserve this kind of injustice?
Re: If You Could Be God? by ssRhino: 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2007
Ascony, i am so glad to see your way of reasoning and to be honest with you, you have a great and solid point, However, God is not a man that shuold lie, and He respect His words even more than His name, and when he create man, he gave them dominion over the earth, over everything that creeps on it and dwells on it, and remember that he casted devil into the earth, so man has been created god, we have the power to make him torment us or bind him, however, man has given the rulership of the world to the devil, and since God has given man dominion, He wont back out on His world and force us to do what He wants, it is up to you and me to pray to God and make it happen, God will not come from heaven to come and bind satan, but with the word from my mouth and yours, we could do that.
Waiting for you Ascon, i will enjoy the dialogues with you, however, i dont trade insults, so let us keep it clean
Re: If You Could Be God? by Backslider(m): 3:03pm On Oct 15, 2007
If Many of US were God perhaps we WOULD have Given rulership to SATAN STONES THE SEA, MONEY AND MONKEYS THAT WE ALL WORSHIP.

THANK GOD FOR GOD.

I am not perfect on my own only in Christ am I perfect. Why should I worry what if I were God. THIS IS ANOTHER EVIL EMULATION.

SAME THING WE WERE TEMPTED WITH IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN. SOON YOU WILL SEE THE RELIGION OF IF I WERE GOD.

AND THEN THEY WILL SEEK HOW TO DETHRONE GOD. BUT THEY LIE.
Re: If You Could Be God? by ssRhino: 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2007
BackSlider, this is not meant to dethrne God oh, i beg, this is just to see how the mind of man works, if i could be God, i will make smoke come out of people's head at all instance of telling lies
Re: If You Could Be God? by Ascony(m): 7:54pm On Oct 16, 2007
@ $$Rhino
firstly of all u did not seem not answer my question and that is because u haven't taught about very well.
I asked u why a loving father ,like God would punish his entire children just for the simple mistakes of Adam and eve? How can God be so cruel like that?
would anybody beat him if decides to ignore that simple mistake of adam and eve? is it too impossible or too dificult for him? if its not, then why We all know that they did not sin in order to disobey God. they did not even know that what they were doing was sin. they were simply decieved by the devil.
apart from all these, even if adam and eve sinned on purpose, how the hell did that concern us? it was their own problem so they should bear the cosequences alone. But now, the simple mistake of these two amateurs is the reason why we suffer a great deal of injustice in the world today. the faact still remains that no matter how much we pray and worship God, we still face the worlds injustices and die as a matter of an initial mistake that doesnt concern us in any way. please think about this critically. i think u will begin to undestand what i am driving at.

however, man has given the rulership of the world to the devil,

i wasn't part of that deal.

He wont back out on His word and force us to do what He wants,

do we have a choice but to be forced like u force ur little kids to do what u think is right for them? who in his right senses will give his children free will to go anywhere and do anything they like without forcing and cautioning them to do what would be right for them. leaving ur kids to wally away on their own is like saying " i disown u". And the worst part is still that, even though he gives us this free will to live as desired, he will still punish us (eternally) if we make a single mistake before we die.
i will tell u the simple truth my brethren, if God really exists, then it is obvious that he is very mean and wicked. worship that---never!!!!

God will not come from heaven to come and bind satan,

upon all his omnipotence?

but with the word from my mouth and yours, we could do that.

Even if u pray from generation to generation, there will still be helpless fellows and innocent children dying everyday, wars will never seize, hunger, disease, natural disasters will still remain a global problem, evil will never stop ruling. and the ultimate one, u will still die someday and maybe, just maybe a pramatured death(sorry to say that, just trying to make a point). oh! i know what u will say "even if i die today then its God's will". and that is the problem, no matter how much u fast and pray for ages, his will will still be done so whats the need of the prayers then?

NOTE: i am just putting myself in ur shoes. i neither believe in God, prayers, free will and likes like that. i am just trying to make a point using ur own words as a point of reference.
Re: If You Could Be God? by Purist(m): 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2007
The concept of freewill completely invalidates any possible existence of an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and omnibenevolent God. Case closed!
Re: If You Could Be God? by eezzy(f): 10:52am On Oct 17, 2007
Ascony:

@ $$Rhino
firstly of all u did not seem not answer my question and that is because u haven't taught about very well.
I asked u why a loving father ,like God would punish his entire children just for the simple mistakes of Adam and eve? How can God be so cruel like that?
would anybody beat him if decides to ignore that simple mistake of adam and eve? is it too impossible or too dificult for him? if its not, then why We all know that they did not sin in order to disobey God. they did not even know that what they were doing was sin. they were simply decieved by the devil.
apart from all these, even if adam and eve sinned on purpose, how the hell did that concern us? it was their own problem so they should bear the cosequences alone. But now, the simple mistake of these two amateurs is the reason why we suffer a great deal of injustice in the world today. the faact still remains that no matter how much we pray and worship God, we still face the worlds injustices and die as a matter of an initial mistake that doesnt concern us in any way. please think about this critically. i think u will begin to undestand what i am driving at.

@Ascony

First of all, you must understand that Adam and Eve knew that what they were doing was wrong - why because God
had already told them that if they eat of the fruit, they would surely die.  The mistake the made was punishable by death, so it was not a small thing!

secondly, what a parent does affects his entire generation, e.g if we are still operating in the osu era, if your father
was osu you would be too, whether you like it or not.  Same with Adam and eve, don't whine that you were not part
of the deal, your father Adam paved the way of disaster for you so therefore like it or not suffer along with him.

Thirdly and most important GOD took the form of man and came down to earth to remedy the foolish mistake
that Adam and Eve made, died on the cross to reconcile you back to himself.  Eph 2 16-19 calls it a gift of grace.  That means that like all gifts you can take it or leave it.  Its UP TO YOU.
Re: If You Could Be God? by Backslider(m): 11:28am On Oct 17, 2007
@ Ascony

There is now no hope for you at your current state. Bible says that you are doomed to eternal suffering in hell. Well your will is what i am extrapolating your complete state.

I will give you my reasons. You don't believe in the one that will save you. So what else can one say how then can you be saved? You have been deceived by Satan and you are now deceiving people. You are at war with God and you dont know how dangerous that is. You are playing with fire.

I am sad for you as you are living in hell now. When you die in this state you are going to the bosom of Lucifer to live in the complete absence of God and any iota of his benevolence for all eternity. Now you are still under the mercy of God.

You Punishment will be great and all the True words that you have read here on Nairaland and other places will be torturing you for all eternity. The evil spirit (conscience) will be terrorizing you for all eternity. You will remember all that you read now and the words will be jumping out to condemn you more.

You have the chance to repent now. How sweet is to be in the savior's love. You will be promised of eternal life and you will inherit eternal life. You will live with Jesus in this same earth for a thousand years. you have to turn around and worship him. You must first respect his call and search for him without the thought you are stubbornly hang on to.

Hope I see you in heaven.
Re: If You Could Be God? by eezzy(f): 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2007
If I were God mmmmmmmh

I would castrate all rapists grin
and behead all cheating husbands (which of course would
leave the world without men!) grin grin grin
Re: If You Could Be God? by ssRhino: 2:41pm On Oct 17, 2007
eezzy, i am so glad you are not God, haba, u too wicked oh
Re: If You Could Be God? by Ascony(m): 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2007
@eezzy

First of all, you must understand that Adam and Eve knew that what they were doing was wrong - why because God
had already told them that if they eat of the fruit, they would surely die.  The mistake the made was punishable by death, so it was not a small thing!

So u are trying to say that adam and eve intentionally wanted to disobey god? For goodness sake they were deceived and God in his infinite mercy did not even give them a second chance. (The fact that I am talking about adam and eve doesn’t mean that I believe in that primitive mythology, I am simply using your own belief as a point of reference)
But why is God such a prankster? He actually knew (omniscience) that adam and eve would eat this fruit and he still did not stop that incidence. Where was God when the devil was persuading Eve to eat of that forbidden fruit? They say God is everywhere, so it is quite obvious that he was aware when this whole thing was about to happen and he did not care to intervene. Does it mean that God intentionally let all this to happen? They say man would have lived forever if not for the forbidding fruit. Does it mean that he wanted man to die? If not then why didn’t he stop it?
    God has been tempting man from the very beginning up till today; he sets the rules with the oppositions and he makes the opposition stronger. He indirectly, leads us into temptation and when we fall for it, he punishes without minding.

Secondly, what a parent does affects his entire generation,

And that is a 100% injustice to humanity.

Thirdly and most important GOD took the form of man and came down to earth to remedy the foolish mistake
that Adam and Eve made, died on the cross to reconcile you back to himself. 

Upon all that, the curse of the original sin is still upon us. Whether u are a Christian or not, injustice still reigns in this world, u still suffer to make ends meet, your wife still goes through severe pains before she could deliver.etc. And ultimately, u will still die only that u are now promised a life after death which u are not even sure of. If Christ had saved us by his blood, why can’t Christians live without experiencing death at all? That way, no one, I say, no single person in this universe would hesitate to give his life to Christ.

@backslider

I know your type. You are nothing but a typical fundamentalist who would never give room to reason. I made a point that needs clarification and u are here telling me what the bible says. Is that the only thing that bible says? Read Deut 13:6-10 and see the kind of words that come out from the lips of your so called creator.

"Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts! He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do? I swear, for his own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel; He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste! Taste, don't swallow! And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off. He's a tight-ass! He's a sadist! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? Never!"

Al Pacino (in the movie DEVIL’S ADVOCATE)
Re: If You Could Be God? by ssRhino: 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2007
:p
Re: If You Could Be God? by eezzy(f): 6:28am On Oct 18, 2007
@Ascony
shocked Men! you come out as a very bitter individual. Disobedience
is exactly that - whether intentional or not and your philosophy will
get you nowhere as far as the ways of God are concerned its either His Way
or no Way. He created this world it is His, you dear Ascony are His, He makes the
rules you follow whether you like or not.

In any case, you should know by now that every action we take in life has
a consequence whether to us as individuals or to an entire generation. Think about that
Re: If You Could Be God? by eezzy(f): 6:34am On Oct 18, 2007
$$Rhino:

eezzy, i am so glad you are not God, haba, u too wicked oh

grin You have nothing to worry about if you dont fall into that catergory of men

(1) (Reply)

Asked To Share This: / Leaving The Old And Becoming New, How Does That Really Work? / The Issue Of Hell And Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.