Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Is Bible God/jesus Word? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Bible God/jesus Word? (1936 Views)

The Bible God Is Actually Satan, And Satan God / Killing Children Is Bible Miracle! / Is Bible The Word of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Ruqaya(f): 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2012
Answer pls. Whose word is it? Mattew? sam? john?
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Lasinoh: 9:42am On Jan 25, 2012
Hell no!
Words of some jobless, senile drunks! kiss
Men of course. And some useless women with self-esteem in the sewers as assisstants. cheesy
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by habiolah(m): 10:09am On Jan 25, 2012
you are very funny.
The Bible is God's word revealed through the lives and writings of men. God inspires, they write. The entire Bible was written over a six thousand years period, most of the writers never knew eachother, and yet they wrote in perfect harmony - can you beat that?
So which sounds more like a fairy tale: the Bible written over thousands of years by several prophets who are inspired of God andshowed the person and character of God through a perfect love story or the Quran which fell down from heaven/was handed over to a prophet by an angel which no one saw (could have been a demon for all I care): how would you believe tthat a book actually fell down from heaven. I ccan imagine God hurl out the book through space. Laugh wan finsh my fuel. Buhahahahahaha
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Lasinoh: 10:12am On Jan 25, 2012
No wonder.
Your profile picture explains it all!
Sheeeeeesh.
Nuff said.
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by stepo707: 10:14am On Jan 25, 2012
Lasinoh:

No wonder.
Sheeeeeesh.
Nuff said.

i have been looking for you.you seem to know something about latter day saints.are you one?
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by habiolah(m): 10:29am On Jan 25, 2012
Lasinoh:

No wonder.
Sheeeeeesh.
Nuff said.

and what does the above mean? Pray, what does my picture have to do with what we are talking about here. Do I smell intolerance?
So how does my profile pic explain that the Bible is God's word? Don't take it personal. Jesus doesn't, and I don't think Mohammed does either - so why should you?
Attack the writting, not the writer. And in case you are getting angry, log off NL. Cheers
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Ruqaya(f): 10:46am On Jan 25, 2012
@habiola,i only asked a question concerning whose word bible is? Not until i post a question about d Qur'aan should u comment on it.i wonder if u were dere when it fell from heaven.
If u cant answer d question politely, pls leave d thread nd let some reasonable pple comment.
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Lasinoh: 11:03am On Jan 25, 2012
*sighs*!
Moving on.
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by habiolah(m): 11:26am On Jan 25, 2012
@poster
and that is to say I'm unreasonable, Lol.
I thought I answered your question, or you didn't see that part? And why should yoy ask about the bible if you can't be asked about the quran?
Typical aggression of a fanatic (no offence intended).
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Judek2(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2012
Ruqaya:

Silly and dumb question.

Do they write about themselves to prove their words or about someone to prove his words?
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Ruqaya(f): 5:57pm On Jan 25, 2012
@habiolah, call me whatever u lyk, u're practising what ur pastor taught u.can't u just answer d question without critics.
@jude, it's surely a dumb nd silly post 2 a dumb nd silly person.
Help ooooo, i only asked a question nd u're raving nd ranting nonsense, a human should pls answer my question.
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by habiolah(m): 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2012
what is this na? Ah ah! Did you read the second line of the very first response to your post? Or you intentionally ignored the glaring response it gives.
Ok o, madam, THE BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD!
I hope you see this one sha; or do I still need to increase the font? LWMMB (laugh wan make me burst) buhahahahahahaha!
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by LogicMind: 1:38am On Jan 26, 2012
that must be one slow god to take 6000 years to write a single book.

but, wait, didn't he create everything, including my sh'it, in 6 days?

pray harder.
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by habiolah(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2012
who is Logic Mind? Are you an atheist or a muslim? So I'll know the response that befits you.
So, how slow were your teachers when they didn't start by teaching you simultaneous equation in Pry 1? And I hope you are not planning to teach your kids the Almighty formular at JSS2 (maybe you'll do that in a bid not to be a slow father)
God's truth is a complex reality which he had to break down and express through different lives in different generations of man.
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Ruqaya(f): 9:25am On Jan 26, 2012
Still in wait for some reasonable pple 2 respond.
@habiolah, u can go 2 bed or keep laughing till,
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by LogicMind: 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2012
habiolah:

who is Logic Mind? Are you an atheist or a muslim? So I'll know the response that befits you.
So, how slow were your teachers when they didn't start by teaching you simultaneous equation in Pry 1? And I hope you are not planning to teach your kids the Almighty formular at JSS2 (maybe you'll do that in a bid not to be a slow father)
God's truth is a complex reality which he had to break down and express through different lives in different generations of man.

Can you hear yourself speak?
Your response depends on my belief. Haha. Man of faith.
Are you comparing your almighty infalible perfect jehovah to my worldly teachers? You need more prayers or your loving, kind, merciful and understanding god might get angry and send his wrath upon you. LOOOOOOOOL. You never know with bipolar gods. hehe.
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by habiolah(m): 4:27pm On Jan 26, 2012
Rukayah doesn't like me because I didn't give her the answer she wants to hear, and it's understandable; but Logic Mind's own seems to be worse - he doesn't believe there's God! Probably evolved from a goat and may sometimes talk like one - it is well.
I can bet that you grew up in a church, and that your parents are probably ministers in church where you were taught from infancy about a loving God who will punish you anytime you make a mistake: such a contradiction shey?
I've met people like you, atheists; and on one hand, I respect you because you are not afraid to be different but on the other hand I loose that respect when I think on the fact that you live in denial. Your heart longs after the true God and I can show him to you.
If you'd like to gimme a call
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by LogicMind: 1:29am On Jan 27, 2012
habiolah:

Rukayah doesn't like me because I didn't give her the answer she wants to hear, and it's understandable; but Logic Mind's own seems to be worse - he doesn't believe there's God! Probably evolved from a goat and may sometimes talk like one - it is well.
I can bet that you grew up in a church, and that your parents are probably ministers in church where you were taught from infancy about a loving God who will punish you anytime you make a mistake: such a contradiction shey?
I've met people like you, atheists; and on one hand, I respect you because you are not afraid to be different but on the other hand I loose that respect when I think on the fact that you live in denial. Your heart longs after the true God and I can show him to you.
If you'd like to gimme a call

Is your almighty, powerful god afraid of me to himself that he would ask you, YOU!, to represent him?
I don't need your respect. You can go and slap a witch.
I didn't grow up in a church but they tried to mess up my head anyway as they did yours and are doing to a lot of children right now.
One day I decided to actually read the bible and that is when I started laughing. Shaking my head. How can an intelligent thinking human believe such bullsh.it?
I have a bible now and when I run out of Igbo fairy tales to tell my children, I bring it out and tell them stories, especially those in the first five books. I make sure to tell them that they are ancient Isreali fairy tales.
God exists only in your head.
Do something better with your life or pray harder still.
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Judek2(m): 3:12am On Jan 27, 2012
This girl is realy funny,

Firstly,your poorly presented question is not even worthy of response. undecided
Ruqaya:

I just managed to respond,

Silly and dumb question.

Do they write about themselves to prove their words or about someone to prove his words?

and you gave me this

Ruqaya:

@jude, it's surely a dumb nd silly post 2 a dumb nd silly person.
Help ooooo, i only asked a question nd u're raving nd ranting nonsense, a human should pls answer my question.

My response to your question,if you can answer has answered your poor question.

This is nothing I will waste my precious time on.
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Ruqaya(f): 3:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
@jude,hw should i have presented my question? u can go to hell 4 all i care.
I posted my question to pple dat would reply not empty headed set of pple lyk u. If u can't answer my question, then why are u a christian.
U're a disgrace 2 Jesus and ur religion.
@habiolah, i don't hate u bt i dislike u very much because of d way u respond my question.
Had i wanted u to reply in dat manner, my topic would have been "which is d authentic book, Quraan or Bible".
Hence, copy d example of Lasinoh(straightforward reply).
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by omar22(m): 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2012
Not only God's words but also his promises!!!
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Judek2(m): 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
Ruqaya:

@jude,hw should i have presented my question? [size=30pt]u can go to hell 4 all i care.[/size]
I posted my question to pple dat would reply not empty headed set of pple lyk u. If u can't answer my question, then why are u a christian.
U're a disgrace 2 Jesus and ur religion.
@habiolah, i don't hate u bt i dislike u very much because of d way u respond my question.
Had i wanted u to reply in dat manner, my topic would have been "which is d authentic book, Quraan or Bible".
Hence, copy d example of Lasinoh(straightforward reply).

I wonder why you have to insult at any pinch. Hope you did english in your secondary school. smiley

Its called Socratic Method.

Answering A Question
With Another Question to prove and boost critical thinking. cool

Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by omar22(m): 3:29pm On Jan 27, 2012
Not only God's words but also his promises!!!
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Sweetnecta: 8:21pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Habiolah: #2 on: January 25, 2012, 10:09 AM »
[Quote]you are very funny.
[b]The Bible is God's word revealed through the lives and writings of men. God inspires, they write.[/b[/Quote]How do you know this, if God Himself never told you? Please prove your statement by providing the verse or how you came to this conclusion.

[Quote]The entire Bible was written over a six thousand years period, most of the writers never knew eachother, and yet they wrote in perfect harmony - can you beat that?[/Quote]I can beat that because I will remember to write 1 God throughout, not 3 persons in NT after Jesus left the earth, considering that he could not do anything of his own.

[Quote]So which sounds more like a fairy tale: the Bible written over thousands of years by several prophets[/Quote]Did Moses write anything? Did he write how he was buried? Did Prophet Jesus write anything? Show me what Jesus wrote or is there a prophet of NT apart from him and John and Zacharias? Is Paul a prophet? WHo made him a prophet? Jesus cant make anyone a prophet because he was a prophet himself and factor in that he had no power of his own?

[Quote] who are inspired of God andshowed the person and character of God through a perfect love story[/Quote]Dont forget that God got angry and destroyed too. Dont deny it.

[Quote] or the Quran which fell down from heaven/was handed over to a prophet by an angel which no one saw (could have been a demon for all I care):[/Quote]At least "A so AluQurani Kale [[not A je ki aluQurani Jabo or not A ju AlQurani sile] ni Oru Abiyi.]. No God inspired the whole of the Bible, because the Bible contains Words of God, words and action of prophets, words of what their immediate followers said to them and or about them, coupled to lies about them and what others say that are completely fictions. For example; God is 1 in OT, God is 1 in 3 persons who are individually God[s] in NT. Tell me if the OT and NT idea of God is same.

[Quote] how would you believe tthat a book actually fell down from heaven. I ccan imagine God hurl out the book through space. Laugh wan finsh my fuel. Buhahahahahaha[/Quote]How is "A so AlQurani Kale is AlQurani jabi sile? Where is your honesty, a thing instinctive to mankind?
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Judek2(m): 12:07am On Jan 28, 2012
Set of inapropriate and blind arguements.

It seems Someone needs some replies. undecided
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Sweetnecta: 9:01am On Jan 28, 2012
@Omar22: « #22 on: Yesterday at 03:29:41 PM »

[Quote]Not only God's words but also his promises!!![/Quote]Jesus who is powerless because he is not God has made this promise to his so called followers: "I do not know ye"
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by habiolah(m): 11:47am On Jan 28, 2012
@sweetnecta
I didn't expect I'l still be doing this; but why do you like arguements this much?
What was your response to the question? I answered that its God's word, you should give your answer and find something else to do. I'm sure Rukayah will think you're giving reasonable response now - but you certainly didnt just give your answer. Odabo
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Sweetnecta: 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2012
leave ruqayah out of it. you do not control my mouth just as i do not control yours. you say what you want, and i say what i want. between the two of us somebody is lying or both of us are. it will not be possible for both of us to be telling the truth. is the bible word of God? no. if it is it will not be changing and full of inconsistencies, even as to what God is; 1 for OT, 3 for NT.
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by olasesi(m): 4:24pm On Jan 28, 2012
habiolah:

The Bible is God's word revealed through the lives and writings of men. God inspires, they write.

Well, how did we know this?

habiolah:

most of the writers never knew eachother, and yet they wrote in perfect harmony - can you beat that?

HARMONY!!!
U and I know that there are more than few inconsistencies in the bible.
Some can be explained away.
And sorry,some just can't.
To start with,
The genealogy of Jesus Christ
and don't u dare tell me one was from his mother and the other from is father.
As there are no indications of this in the bible.
And I guess u know where the verses are.

habiolah:

who are inspired of God

Well,that's what we've been told.

habiolah:

or the Quran which fell down from heaven/was handed over to a prophet by an angel which no one saw (could have been a demon for all I care):

Let me help u rephrase that

or the Quran which[b]we xtians believe[/b] fell down from heaven/was handed over to a prophet by an angel which no one saw (could have been a demon for all [b]we[/b]care):

habiolah:

how would you believe tthat a book actually fell down from heaven. I ccan imagine God hurl out the book through space.

Seriously it's quite difficult to believe
As is difficult to be
God had a son
He had to sacrifice his only son to forgive us our sins
He regrets
He was fought with and won over by man called Israel
Composed of three beings though equal.

habiolah:

So which sounds more like a fairy tale:

The word "bible" was from a Latin word that means books.the word bible is not in the bible itself
Different authors of the books of the bible are known
Some of which are true and some of which can't be true. E.g Moses couldn't av written deutronomy
His obituary appears in the last portion of this book.
Some writers of the bible are unknown
E.g who wrote the the book of Esther?
So which sounds more like a fairy tale?
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Ruqaya(f): 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2012
@jude, maybe english language was not included in my sec sch time table, at least physics was there and newton's third law of motion states that"for every action, there must always be an equal or opposite reaction". U reacted in d opposite manner by saying ma question is dumb n u expected me to pat u on d head?where is ur SOCRATIC METHOD?
@habiolah, d truth usually comes out, doesn't it?i should at least appreciate som1 dat could answer my question properly.
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Ruqaya(f): 10:06am On Jan 31, 2012
I got my answer.
The bible(at-taorah) contains d word of ALLAH given 2 prophet isa(jesus) to guide and assist him in delivering his mssg 2 d israelite, but has now undergone alteration.
Therefore, it's no more GOD's word but mans.
Thanks 2 all dat contributed positively and negatively.
Re: Is Bible God/jesus Word? by Judek2(m): 3:04pm On Jan 31, 2012
Ruqaya:

@jude, maybe english language was not included in my sec sch time table, at least physics was there and newton's third law of motion states that"for every action, there must always be an equal or opposite reaction". U reacted in d opposite manner by saying ma question is dumb n u expected me to pat u on d head?

Did you study the Physics in Arabic? cheesy

Anyway,your question is quite dumb. And your reaction proves its dumbness.
Wont it be better if you had reacted positively. smiley

Just a simple answer will give you the answer to your question,a negative answer will get me explain,and a positive answer will satisfy your doubts.

where is ur SOCRATIC METHOD?

I will accept you studied Physics in Arabic, so I apologise smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did Jesus Perform Miracles? - Do Men of God today emulate this standard / Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God / Looks Like The Lord Is Stepping Up The Refining Process In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.