Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Help Severe Mood Swings - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Severe Mood Swings (1028 Views)

How To Overcome Mood Swings For Women / Natural Remedies For Heartburn And Severe Acid Reflux / Have You Had Severe Side Effects From Camoquin (pfizer)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Severe Mood Swings by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2012
Hi all, i'm not the type that confides personally with people, so i decided to that here, since the chances of meeting people here is rare , first of all i have been having this serious mood swings since JSS3, at first back then i assumed it was just the normal feeling maybe due to anxiety or normal teenage complex we all face especially, am 26 now i think its gotten to a terrible state let me illustrate, i could be at work doing my job then for no reason i get extremely anger/sad, often i just get paranoid and assume people are discussing my matter. i used to have friends but i don't think i have much cause at some point in time i occasionally lashed out at them. have confided with some few people because i have this nature of not really sharing personal feelings to people, somehow some of them think maybe its triggered by depression, or past relationships(not that i have had much). the only fix for now that sorta keeps me stable is my dependency on Cigarettes and alcohol. the reason am saying out is because i somehow feel i cannot go on like this, i would like some opinion from someone who has had similar issues like i do. i really appreciate it, its so terrible that behind my smile is a sad face. thank you

1 Like

Re: Help Severe Mood Swings by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 22, 2012
hmmmm no response after months, i guess if i were the suicidal type, this thread would have offered advises after my death. (*shakes head*)
Re: Help Severe Mood Swings by honeric01(m): 1:18am On Apr 22, 2012
pc guru: hmmmm no response after months, i guess if i were the suicidal type, this thread would have offered advises after my death. (*shakes head*)

Maybe people just don't know what to say?

BTW, is this just you or you noticed this in your siblings too?
Re: Help Severe Mood Swings by Nobody: 1:29am On Apr 22, 2012
no my siblings are very happy people, infact it annoys me, the last counselor i spoke to thinks its related to my experience with the death of my father and family dispute at an early age, tried reading some books but doesn't work,
Re: Help Severe Mood Swings by honeric01(m): 10:12am On Apr 23, 2012
pc guru: no my siblings are very happy people, infact it annoys me, the last counselor i spoke to thinks its related to my experience with the death of my father and family dispute at an early age, tried reading some books but doesn't work,

Do you have anything like "blame or guilt" on your mind? like you blame yourself for something that happened a long time ago or you feel guilty for something that happened which you think was your fault?
Re: Help Severe Mood Swings by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 23, 2012
Dear pc guru,
Do you have extreme feelings,from sudden happiness to feeling down in the depth sadness?Are you very suspicious and paranoid?You said
you feel people around you are talking about you?Do you sometimes see things that are not there or hear things?The questions are plenty and the problem could range
from depression,to being bipolar to even early schizophrenia..These are mostly manageable conditions with medication.
You said you have seen a counsellor,what you need is a qualified psychiatrist.
Please,do not take offence as people generally assume that when you say psychiatrist you mean they are crazy.NO.They differ from the psychologists because
they are trained to give medication.
You could arrange to see one discretely and discuss your problems..No one here can diagnose completely without a full picture and it is best to see a
professional face to face.All we can do here is speculate

Dependence on alcohol and tobacco won't do any good at all and will infact have dire implications for your health but i understand your frustration entirely.There is a psychiatrist in career section,beneli.Look for him on the thread about medical career and post something,maybe ask for his email.he is very kind and i'm sure he will reply if he can but the best advice is to see a doctor face to face.

I am very sorry for what you are going through sir.
Re: Help Severe Mood Swings by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2012
@seambell thanks I'll look out for him and find about his office ,and sessions. Thank you all for your all input
Re: Help Severe Mood Swings by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 23, 2012
@pcguru,
He doesn't live in Nigeria.However,you could just ask for his email then write your problems and discuss with him.I am sure he will give you the best advice as this is his area of expertise.
All the best sir...
Re: Help Severe Mood Swings by stnonymus(m): 8:30am On Apr 24, 2012
pc guru: Hi all, i'm not the type that confides personally with people, so i decided to that here, since the chances of meeting people here is rare , first of all i have been having this serious mood swings since JSS3, at first back then i assumed it was just the normal feeling maybe due to anxiety or normal teenage complex we all face especially, am 26 now i think its gotten to a terrible state let me illustrate, i could be at work doing my job then for no reason i get extremely anger/sad, often i just get paranoid and assume people are discussing my matter. i used to have friends but i don't think i have much cause at some point in time i occasionally lashed out at them. have confided with some few people because i have this nature of not really sharing personal feelings to people, somehow some of them think maybe its triggered by depression, or past relationships(not that i have had much). the only fix for now that sorta keeps me stable is my dependency on Cigarettes and alcohol. the reason am saying out is because i somehow feel i cannot go on like this, i would like some opinion from someone who has had similar issues like i do. i really appreciate it, its so terrible that behind my smile is a sad face. thank you

I know exactly how you feel. I've been a victim of depression and unstable moods for years.I didn't even notice that had mood swings for years or maybe I did but didn't know that was what it was.I've even been tempted to entertain suicidal thoughts on a few occasions. I've even felt depressed for no apparent reason.

What you are feeling is not unique to you. Lot's of people experience this condition.It's called Clinical Depression. It is often caused by chemical imbalances in the brain or hormonal imbalance. It can also be caused by psychological traumas in your past. Mine was often triggered by malaria symptoms or an embarrassing experience.

Proper diet, excessive and rest are great antidotes for depression. Talking regularly with an experienced counselor can help you come out the challenge.

This blog post says some interesting things about depression and remedy: http://upwardliving./2012/02/26/depression-causes-and-nutritional-remedies/

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help! Her Period Is Up To A Month & Has Not Stop. / 10 Ways To Get Better Cleavage / Blood Group And Genotype

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.