Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Obama's Final State Of The Union Address - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama's Final State Of The Union Address (7281 Views)

Obama's final State Of The American Union Address. / Photos of President Obama at his first and Last State of the Union address / Egypt Declares State Of Emergency (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 2:14am On Jan 25, 2012
SOTU 2012: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address
Tonight, Jan. 24, 2012, 9PM Eastern.
Washington, DC, House of Representatives
Attendees: Members of the House of Reps, members of the Senate, Justices of the US Supreme Court, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and special invitees, plus some members of the general public who will be seating in the upper deck.

More on SOTU speeches through the years:
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/sou.php#axzz1kPH2zw72
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 2:18am On Jan 25, 2012
That's right, I said "Final." grin 

I don't care for the Repubs, but Obomber is a treacherous individual.  He betrayed his core supporters, including reneging on his promises on Immigration Reform, Iraq, Guantanamo Bay, and so many other two-faced backstabbing policies.  He also continues the typical US foreign policy of pursuing right-wing imperialistic and destructive policy against African peoples.

So, YES!, I hope this is the mofo's last SOTU address.  angry 

I shall return with more fun commentary when the coverage begins.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 2:44am On Jan 25, 2012
Watch live here: http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN/

Many broadcast (network) channels are showing it live, including cable news channels CNN, MSNBC, etc. 

On screen now: Viewing the chamber, and all the Congressmen on the floor. . . making small talk, sidling up closer to the aisle and the entrance to get that customary handshake with their president.

They also switched out briefly to show Obama and first lady leaving in their motorcade to drive to the venue.  She's wearing an electric blue number. . . not really appropriate for the occasion, if I'm being honest.  It's not a dance party, is it? 

Anyway. . . it just goes to show how close the white house and the House of Rep are.  Also, I don't suppose the president has to worry about traffic - everyone kinda make way for you. lol
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 3:00am On Jan 25, 2012
On screen:
Speaker Boehner standing next to VP Joe Biden. lol.  Where've they been hiding him (Biden)?  Haven't seen him in ages.  grin

Applause for the congresswoman that was shot last year.  Her baldy astronaut husband.  She looks good.  Especially considering doctors had to cut into her skull, removing parts of it - due to swelling of her brain - to put it back on later.  shocked  I remember all that because there was a thread in this section that I constantly updated with all the breaking news at the time.

Mrs. Obama in her slinky silky satiny blue dress.  Tuesday night is disco night. cheesy  I will post a pic shortly.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Araboy(m): 3:00am On Jan 25, 2012
I never voted Republican but in this coming election I could even though I am a hard die progressive hope Obama

could convince me tonight to vote Democrat The environment is tough he needs to bring his side of the debate and

he is better be convincing and has vision to improve the economy
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 3:03am On Jan 25, 2012
What?    Me convince you?  You talking to me, right?  I don't see anyone else here.  lol.  grin

Did you see my opening 2nd post?  lipsrsealed
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Araboy(m): 3:04am On Jan 25, 2012
No I m talking about Obama cheesy
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 3:06am On Jan 25, 2012
He's in! lol.

Strolling down the aisle. Faker. angry

I forgot he's a lefty. Okay. One good thing. Lefties are cool.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 3:08am On Jan 25, 2012
I wanna know what he said to the black lady in emerald green dress. She was taken aback. I am sure it wasn't a dirty joke. At first I thought he was going to do his sloppy kiss routine on her. grin cheesy
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Araboy(m): 3:10am On Jan 25, 2012
So I am not cool  cry      despite being the only one giving u company here

let 's listen  grin

He asked the black lady to loose more weight grin
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 3:13am On Jan 25, 2012
Justice Bader Ginsburg gave him a BIG hug.  Overly dramatic and unusually demonstrative for a US supreme court Justice.  I've never seen Ginsburg so animated.  Chick must be going senile.  Or maybe it's all for Obama's current sucking up to the American Zionists lately. lol.

Nice moment with Repr Gifford, the recovering shooting victim.

Her hubby is cute, despite the bald head.  Maybe even because of it.  He should be the new model for hot cute bald men.  cool
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 3:16am On Jan 25, 2012
Araboy:

So I am not cool  cry      despite being the only one giving u company here

let 's listen  grin

Lol.  I just wanted to say one nice thing about the old boy.  That's all. 

And, Yes.  I actually like Lefties (left-handed people ness). 

He opened with taking credit for the Osama assassination.  Dude was already thinking about his re-election even before his last SOTU address.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Araboy(m): 3:17am On Jan 25, 2012
I think Michelle Obama is nicecheesy

what u have in common with her ? lol
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 3:17am On Jan 25, 2012
He asked the black lady to lose more weight  grin

grin grin grin cheesy    shocked   embarassed   lipsrsealed
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Araboy(m): 3:20am On Jan 25, 2012
Did u notice justice Alito is missing he wasn't happy last time
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 3:27am On Jan 25, 2012
Araboy:

I think Michelle Obama is hot she is my type of woman  cheesy

I give her credit for whatever one must do or endure to be and stay a President's wife.  But I don't find Michelle attractive one bit.  I don't want to bash her.  lol.

Fun fact 1: Did you know that the great Mandela's wife and former first lady of South Africa has been married to 2 heads of states?!  Now, there's a remarkable woman. cool

Hmmm.  What's the 2-faced b saying?  lol.  I'll find the transcript later.  tongue

Obama: ". . . send me these tax reforms and I'll sign them right away!"  Yeah, right.  If you really want to do it, you'd exercise your executive powers.  Instead of using it to prosecute undeclared wars and invading sovereign countries for their O-I-L!!!
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Araboy(m): 3:34am On Jan 25, 2012
You might as well take over GEJ executive powers  he is not doing good dealing with Boko haram
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 3:46am On Jan 25, 2012
He's talking about a thousand more jobs created. Who gives a crap about a thousand jobs when millions of jobs have been lost?! Typical electioneering doublespeak.

He also says he will sign a comprehensive immigration reform bill if congress passes it and submits a bill to him. Once again, feel free to drop the cigarette for a minute and sign an executive order doing so. I don't blame you anyway, it's the poor desperate Latinos that trusted you to do the right thing and believed you will do what you promised.

He keeps using and overusing this line "Send me a bill . . ."
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 3:47am On Jan 25, 2012
He just said it. He used the phrase "executive order." So he knows he can use that power. undecided lol.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by kizito96(m): 3:55am On Jan 25, 2012
Obama is very eloquent. This is one of his best speeches.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Araboy(m): 3:57am On Jan 25, 2012
Yeah but being eloquent is not the only ingredient for leadership actions speak louder than words
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 4:07am On Jan 25, 2012
Still looking for a picture of Michelle Obama in her shiny blue dress.

Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by KayDee4: 4:11am On Jan 25, 2012
Watching LIVE on MSNBC !!!

So Eric Cantor (mad man) finally decided to clap and @ least crack a smile.  grin grin
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by KayDee4: 4:16am On Jan 25, 2012
isale_gan2:

That's right, I said "Final." grin 

I don't care for the Repubs, but Obomber is a treacherous individual.  He betrayed his core supporters, including reneging on his promises on Immigration Reform, Iraq, Guantanamo Bay, and so many other two-faced backstabbing policies.  He also continues the typical US foreign policy of pursuing right-wing imperialistic and destructive policy against African peoples.

So, YES!, I hope this is the mofo's last SOTU address.  angry 

I shall return with more fun commentary when the coverage begins. 

Why the beef now ? ? ?  grin grin
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Araboy(m): 4:18am On Jan 25, 2012
@ Isale you better get that picture of Michelle or else  lipsrsealed

Very defiant President
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by stayreal: 4:19am On Jan 25, 2012
Man, this guy is too much. He finished these people on every topic.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 4:19am On Jan 25, 2012
It's over. What the heck did he say?  lol.  Nobody takes this stuff seriously.  The pledges mean nothing.  Just like their campaign promises.  It's just the drama and the spin that attracts us (politics junkies).  

Oh, I forgot to mention Hilary Clinton's hairstyle - obviously an homage to her college days - the preppy pulled back hair with a cute headband look.  lol.

I will post picture of her and Mrs. O as soon as I find one online.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by playahP(m): 4:22am On Jan 25, 2012
I WONDER HOW THIS REMOTELY AFFECTS NIGERIA.
SOMEONE SHOULD PLEASE EDUCATE ME!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 4:24am On Jan 25, 2012
Kay-Dee:

Why the beef now ? ? ?  grin grin

LOL.   I can't believe they put it on the front page as "FINAL SOTU Address by Obama."  

The title is a reflection of my own hope o.   Cos I'm disappointed with the dude.

hahahahaha.  I can't laugh hard enough.  From your lips to God's ears sha.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by KayDee4: 4:26am On Jan 25, 2012
playah P:

I WONDER HOW THIS REMOTELY AFFECTS NIGERIA.
SOMEONE SHOULD PLEASE EDUCATE ME!! undecided undecided undecided

No way in particular. American politics is just very entertaining and enlightening  wink
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by TayoD1(m): 4:27am On Jan 25, 2012
Another "great" speech by the Commander-in-Speech! Na speech we wan chop?
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by omiata(m): 4:31am On Jan 25, 2012
Hope he will win next election grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Israel 's F-35 Disgraced By Soviet S-200 In Syria / Are Libyans Ignorant Of Their Own Racial Makeup Or Just Plain Racist / Angolan President Pays $2m Just To See Nicki Minaj's Ass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.