Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Obama's Final State Of The Union Address - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama's Final State Of The Union Address (7285 Views)

Obama's final State Of The American Union Address. / Photos of President Obama at his first and Last State of the Union address / Egypt Declares State Of Emergency (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Araboy(m): 4:31am On Jan 25, 2012
This address was less longer than the previous ones but way more aggressive the whole tone was populist

Obama seem confidant and comfortable being commander in chief
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by KayDee4: 4:32am On Jan 25, 2012
Waiting for Republicans' response.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Araboy(m): 4:36am On Jan 25, 2012
^^^
Is on and given by Gov. Mitch Daniels of Indiana
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 4:37am On Jan 25, 2012
The Republicans are just not very good at this politics thing.  The outgoing Indiana governor, Mitch Daniels, is doing the opposition address.  

It's usually shorter, so I am curious to see how he does.  

The previous one was given by congressman Ryan, and another by Michele Bachmann, the congresswoman who was running for president until a couple of weeks ago.  And the year before that, it was the really charmless fake southern-accented Indian guy from Louisiana.  He S-u-c-k-e-d!
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by KayDee4: 4:38am On Jan 25, 2012
Araboy:

^^^
Is on and given by Gov. Mitch Daniels of Indiana

Yep, watching . . . . . . .

Why is he saying Obama is wrongly accusing  them, like we didnt know when John Boehner and Mitch McConnell were dilly dallying with bills most notably, the debt ceiling issue.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Araboy(m): 4:41am On Jan 25, 2012
Oh girl Republicans Bold guys and Indians all sucked in your views  cheesy what else ?
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 4:47am On Jan 25, 2012
Just going by body language and voice modulation and presentation, I think Mitch Daniels did okay.  He went for the straightforward serious approach.  He didn't try to project a big persona.  You gotta know what works for you.  

Araboy:

Oh girl Republicans Bold guys and Indians all sucked in your views  cheesy  what else ?

hmmm.  I'm just talking about the specific persons, not their ethinicities or any generalities. lol.

Nothing about Republicans or Inidians or bold guys as a group.  Actually, the only person I have really bashed is Obama.  He's the president of the USA.  He should be able to take it! grin
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Goshen360(m): 4:53am On Jan 25, 2012
I think Obama desires to do more for this country. I love his speech, courage and achievements so far. He can do more if given the chance for 2nd term. I watched it and it was impressive though. He has always being known for great speeches anyway.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Araboy(m): 4:54am On Jan 25, 2012
I found Gov.Daniels speech  depressing and pessimistic the funny things he was talking about deficit when himself 

was President Bush's Budget Director who turn the budget from surplus  to deficit

During all his speech he was trying to shift the debate and blame Obama policies
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by hydroking23(m): 5:01am On Jan 25, 2012
The Republican party is outdated, outmatched, and frankly just played out. Obama has laid out the agenda for his campaign and platform for the next election and its far beyond anything the Republicans have to offer. Nigerian leaders need to take notes!
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by KayDee4: 5:04am On Jan 25, 2012
What new attack line will Gingrich or Romney use against Obama in Florida tomorrow ? I guess it will be hard for them to come up with one.  grin grin tongue
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by caseymoney(m): 5:22am On Jan 25, 2012
^^^That's what you think. I'm very sure they would disect the speech and get him more on national debt.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by hydroking23(m): 5:29am On Jan 25, 2012
They will take pot shots at Obama's speech but just like a divided house it will fall in on itself. They'll just revert back to attacking themselves, Romney going after Gingrich's services with Freddy Mac, and Gingrich on Romney paying virtually no taxes on the Millions of dollars he made while being unemployed.

Gotta love those Republicans cool cool
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 5:32am On Jan 25, 2012
Some more pics.  They're from Getty Images, so you have to look beneath the ever-present logo.  That's the best I could do re: Mrs. O's blue dress.

Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by alphabet43(m): 6:58am On Jan 25, 2012
I'll take Obama on his worst day than any of this racist republi 'kkk' ans on their best day
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by destineguy(m): 7:35am On Jan 25, 2012
Kk
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by destineguy(m): 7:36am On Jan 25, 2012
Kk
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by JimmyBoy1: 7:54am On Jan 25, 2012
I dont under stand these republicans, the only offence Obama has commited is that he has being a faxther xmas or Food stamp president. But how can anyone compare that to the same people who made false claims about another country having Weapons of Mass Destruction , spent trillions of dollars on war, sacrificed lives of over 4000 americans. Obama used Libya to teach them how to achieve the same objective they set out to achieve Iraq.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 25, 2012
I dont see anyone winning Obama after voting, the man will still retain his presidency
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Knight1(m): 8:01am On Jan 25, 2012
seriously. romney is just money. gingrich has too much gabbage else he's very articulate so for me, Obama still likely to retain his seat
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 25, 2012
U.S havent gone to War with Iran so Obama is gonna stay.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by gascoign1(m): 8:15am On Jan 25, 2012
Watch Obama state of the union address, cant we for once just have a president that can address the nation without reading from screen? Jona cannot address the nation in 7 mins without reading from prepared notes, shame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgfi7wnGZlE
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by gascoign1(m): 8:25am On Jan 25, 2012
Jona please listen to Obama speeches and how he talked for an hour without reading from a book, Jona learn learn please
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Mavor: 8:29am On Jan 25, 2012
Why the fu<k was this thread stickied on front page?? "Final" my a$$
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by gascoign1(m): 8:31am On Jan 25, 2012
Mavor:

Why the fu<k was this thread stickied on front page?? "Final" my a$$

I guess the poster is a republican, rubbish, Obama for second term
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by norrisman: 8:35am On Jan 25, 2012
Black people are more racist than the white people theyalways accuse of being racist. Apart from some people like the person who started this thread who understand politics and study manifestos, majority of black people who voted for Obama did so based on the colour of his skin. I wonder why the man is called black anyway. He is just as black as he is white.

I dont live in the US so I do not know how his coming to power has improved the lot of the ave
rage African American. But across the world, his reign has been no different to any imperialistic US president from the past. I hope the lives of all the dumb and ignorant Africans jubilating thousands of miles away in far fung places have improved because a black man became the US president.

Riots in black communities in London - check
Destabilisize a prosperous African country (Libya) - check
Continue Draconian sanctions against Cuba - check
Guantanamo Bay stays open - check
Continue to pamper to zionist wishes - check
Continue to threaten war democratic countries which do not support ur evil foreign policies (Iran, Venezuela e.t.c.) - check
Keep suporting friendly dictators in the ME (Yemen, S.Arabia, Gulf states) - check
Black men jubilating all around the world remain the poorest - check.

Mission accomplished

1 Like

Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by MARKREN: 8:51am On Jan 25, 2012
He will win this yrs election. I don't see any of the Republican candidates matching him.

I dint support all his policies but he is much better than those war drumming, imperialistic Republicans.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by isalegan2: 2:07pm On Jan 25, 2012
gascoign1:

Jona please listen to Obama speeches and how he talked for an hour without reading from a book, Jona learn learn please

He was reading from a teleprompter.  (They all do.)  Its not on the table in front of him, but it is there near the main camera filming him.  lol.  The Americans have those discreet ways of reading speeches for decades now.  Even the scripts/teleprompters are there when they make the campaign speeches at political rallies.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by TayoD1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2012
This is another eloquent testimony to the utter igorance of his base supporters. Why would Obama or his party strive to have people educated when ignorance is needed to swell the ranks of their core base?
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by dasparrow: 2:46pm On Jan 25, 2012
norrisman:

Black people are more racist than the white people theyalways accuse of being racist. Apart from some people like the person who started this thread who understand politics and study manifestos, majority of black people who voted for Obama did so based on the colour of his skin. I wonder why the man is called black anyway. He is just as black as he is white.

I dont live in the US so I do not know how his coming to power has improved the lot of the ave
rage African American. But across the world, his reign has been no different to any imperialistic US president from the past. I hope the lives of all the dumb and ignorant Africans jubilating thousands of miles away in far fung places have improved because a black man became the US president.

Continue to threaten war democratic countries which do not support ur evil foreign policies (Iran, Venezuela e.t.c.) - check
Keep suporting friendly dictators in the ME (Yemen, S.Arabia, Gulf states) - check

Mission accomplished

@bolded, yep! the same way most Nigerians voted GEJ based solely on the fact that he is not a northerner even though GEJ blatantly refused to engage in a public debate with other presidential candidates. Talk about voting based on mere sentiments. When it comes to american politics, I have long realized that american political parties are all the same. It does not matter whether they are republican or democrat. Their foreign policies which are self-centered remain the same regardless of whether the president is republican or democrat. Makes no difference. As for Obama being called "black", that has more to do with america's centuries long "one drop rule". Google it up and read up on it. Lastly, I disagree that blacks are more rascist than whites. I think that both groups are equally rascist so don't make caucasians out to be saints because based on history and what African, native American and Aborigine people and their descendants have experienced with them, they are very far from it.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by KayDee4: 2:51pm On Jan 25, 2012
Tayo-D:

This is another eloquent testimony to the utter igorance of his base supporters. Why would Obama or his party strive to have people educated when ignorance is needed to swell the ranks of their core base?

That is the republican party not Obama or the democrats: It is the republicans that are striving to cut billions of dollars from public schools and lay off teachers.

Not saying Obama and his policies are perfect but they're far better than the useless agenda of hateful, arrogant and racist republicans.
Re: Obama's Final State Of The Union Address by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 25, 2012
norrisman:

Mission accomplished

I will answer your obvious lack of understanding of what is going on one after the other
Like you said,you do not live in the US but still you use the lives of people outside the country to judge the internal affairs of that country
what has riots in the UK got to do with Obama,guess every single riot that happened in the world was caused by obama
you speak of cuba without backing anythiong up,its a fact that this administration has been the most open to the nation of cuba,1st time in yrs,travel restrictions have been reduced and u can actually do money transfers btw both countries now
If you know the politics involved in closing guatanamo,you will not open your mouth to spew rubbish,Obama thought he could close guantanamo but if you think its only obama that runs the nation,you must be really mistaken
and if he sstill continues to pamper Zionist(according to you)he will not be accused of the republicans of putting the reltionship btw the us and isreal in danger
is closing the straits of homus(whatever way its spelt) and If Iran was that democratic,the clampdown on iranians protesting for liberty would not have been has deadly as it was and i know u will blame that on foreign forces too
guess pulling officials from syria is not sending a signal to the syrian govt of their displeasure with what they are doing to their people
on one hand u say with your mouth they went to libya to destroy the country while with that same mouth you say why have they not gone to invade yemen,saudi arabia etc,what do you actually want
Last I checked,Obama is the president of the USA and not black men in the USA or black men all over the world,that is why tribalism has killed all of Africa and still yet you complain when Africans are doing it and also complain cos a black man is not making blacks his major agenda

and lets not go to libya cos people like you will be the ones calling abacha a visionary leader
Libya belongs to libyans and not the Gaddaffi family

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Libyans Ignorant Of Their Own Racial Makeup Or Just Plain Racist / Angolan President Pays $2m Just To See Nicki Minaj's Ass / Israel 's F-35 Disgraced By Soviet S-200 In Syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.