Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,561 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding (1974 Views)

5 Romantic Ideas That Will Make Your Girlfriend Want You More / My Girlfriend Want To Give Me Bj / My Ex-girlfriend Want Me Back After 9 Months. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 25, 2012
I have being in a relationship with this girl for like 2 month now, though she is my childhood friend back then in the church. I knew her to be a girl of good character, but that was then. I am through with my NYSC and working now but not earning much, just like 40k and living in Abuja. My wife to be is in her final year in the school and will be going for service by 2013. We proposed to get married this year precisely around December. But presently she knows I am not financially buoyant for that. She latter suggested that I should save some money in her account, so she can be buying the things necessary for our traditional wedding gradually, that in this way I will be able to meet up with the challenges even though i am not earning much for now. She has also told me in several occasion that the traditional wedding is of utmost important to her, that the white wedding may come latter, because she is not the type of girl that loves a lot of celebration, that she will not even mind a low profile white wedding.
The question now is that, is this idea a welcome one, because I don't wont to be fooled and I will like to know if there may arise any problem in the future.
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by Scash(f): 9:51am On Jan 25, 2012
If shes an igbo, then i think the traditional wedding is actually more imptnt. But ur own problem is keepin your money with ha right?
Shes ur fiancee, if u cant trust her to some extent at dis stage, i dnt know wat u re doing wv ha o. She might av a better way to maximise d money wt ha so u just need to trust ha.

If she runs away with ur money, take it as part of being a Nigerian. wink
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 25, 2012
@Scash, thank for ur advise. We all know that money issue can even separate blood brother talk more of a girl that you are not yet married to. I want to be sure I am not falling mugo. I am also afraid she might dump me if she happen to meet somebody with good work and more money than I have.
I am saying these because we all Know how ladies are so in love with material things.
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by r231(m): 10:57am On Jan 25, 2012
are you sure you want to get married on 40k salary undecided
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by Atandav: 11:03am On Jan 25, 2012
In her account? No try am, i'm a banker so i know watz up, both of u shld open a joint account with a mandate of BOTH TO SIGN
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by ireke(m): 11:10am On Jan 25, 2012
Open a joint account.
transfer what you want to save into that account
leave instruction that you can sign (alone) to collect money but she can not collect money (above 20K for example) without both signature.

That way, you can save money for the wedding and she can still have some access to the account.
You will know immediately if she collects money and did not use it for the intended purpose.
over time, she will have the opportunity to demostrate that she can be trusted.
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by Okijajuju1(m): 11:16am On Jan 25, 2012
try it and die poor.
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by Konnektions146(m): 12:51pm On Jan 25, 2012
ireke:

Open a joint account.
transfer what you want to save into that account
leave instruction that you can sign (alone) to collect money but she can not collect money (above 20K for example) without both signature.

That way, you can save money for the wedding and she can still have some access to the account.
You will know immediately if she collects money and did not use it for the intended purpose.
over time, she will have the opportunity to demostrate that she can be trusted.

make the mandate "both to sign"
the essence is for her to have confidence yu re saving and yu to be safe not to be duped.

at each point wen u need money, yu guys will withdraw together and yu do everythin one at a time and yu understand if the cash is used for what its meant for.

r231:

are you sure you want to get married on 40k salary undecided
yu really have to think abt this cos i may understand the lady wanna get married but yu have to understand wat marriage is all abt.

do yu think yu still need some mental maturity??
hope no one is presurizing yu to get into dis this cos Odikwa very risky(very risky).

as i wish yu de best in life, i implore u look b4 yu leap so yu dont make any mistakes in the near future
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2012
Wait first, i forget my laugh for inside car, make i go bring am. . .

Getting married on a 40k salary = (-10)
Not knowing what response to give to her = (-10)
Listening to her suggestions = (+15)
She suggested savings = (+20)
In her account = (-50)

You are funny = (+100)
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by db10dtruth(m): 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2012
Your "Finance" or is it fiancee grin won travel abroad now grin
After collecting your 40k for like 8months you'll hear the news she's in Holland or UK grin with sum "sharp guy"

If you really want to save for wedding what sensible people do is opening a joint signatory account like @Atandav suggested but not on dat 40k EXCEPT you have oda means of raising cash.
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by 25omega(m): 2:52pm On Jan 25, 2012
db10dtruth:

Your "Finance" or is it fiancee grin won travel abroad now grin
After collecting your 40k for like 8months you'll hear the news she's in Holland or UK grin with sum "sharp guy"

If you really want to save for wedding what sensible people do is opening a joint signatory account like @Atandav suggested but not on dat 40k EXCEPT you have oda means of raising cash.
cheesy

poster i can certainly understand saving money for the wedding but why do you have to save it in her account? dont you have a bank account? and from the responses i read here seems like 40k is really low so i would suggest saving in [size=18pt]YOUR OWN ACCOUNT[/size] and work on raising your earning level
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 25, 2012
@25omega, thanks for your comment. I actually have an account, but she said that in order to make things easy and on the fact that i wont know how to choose the best quality of thing we require for the traditional wedding. I should be sending the money to her so she can start buying all the things we needed for the traditional wedding gradually until the wedding day when we might have purchased every thing required.
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 25, 2012
Scash:

If shes an igbo, then i think the traditional wedding is actually more imptnt. But ur own problem is keepin your money with ha right?
Shes ur fiancee, if u cant trust her to some extent at dis stage, i dnt know wat u re doing wv ha o. She might av a better way to maximise d money wt ha so u just need to trust ha.

If she runs away with ur money, take it as part of being a Nigerian. wink

Lol, Are U saying is only Nigerians that are corrupt to that extent?
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by drnoel: 8:36pm On Jan 25, 2012
sexkillz:

Wait first, i forget my laugh for inside car, make i go bring am. . .

Getting married on a 40k salary = (-10)
Not knowing what response to give to her = (-10)
Listening to her suggestions = (+15)
She suggested savings = (+20)
In her account = (-50)

You are funny = (+100)

hmm this man like say u be teacher or lecturer. See as u give everything marks, besides what do u have about his saving money with her. She is supposed to be his wife to be right. Look, its different strokes for different people. If he does it and it works, then fine. If it does not, then fine. I know someone that sent his fiancee all the money they used to get married into her account. She organized it all even b4 his returned 4 his wedding. Like I said it depends.
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 25, 2012
This type of question should even arise in the first place.

Tell her you have opened a dedicated account (seperate from your previous account) where all monies to be used to assist in the supposed wedding is to be deposited in it.

Which kin woman go demand for such from a man?

Omo things do happen oh!
Re: Pls Help, My Girlfriend Want Me To Save Money With Her For Our Proposed Wedding by Mynd44: 2:15am On Jan 26, 2012
MAGA in the making

(1) (Reply)

How The Word Boob Was Invented - So Hilarious If You Get The Joke. Lol: / Is The Way To A Man's Heart Really Through Is Stomach??? / I Love Her But She Is Too Shy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.