Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls (10167 Views)

Kaduna, Warri, Port Harcourt Refineries Now Produce 6.7m Litres Of Fuel Daily / Kaduna Refinery Begins Daily Supply Of 3.2 Million Litres Of Petrol / Kaduna Refinery To Save Nigeria $5.33 Million Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by alexleo(m): 8:12pm On Jan 25, 2012
The duo of Ngozi Iweala and Dieziani are claiming respectively that we consume 35 million litres and 59 million litres of fuel on daily basis. Now what this means is that over one hundred thousand tankers will be lifting fuel every day with each state getting not less than 2,500 tankers on daily basis.a tanker loads a maximum of about 33 thousand litres of fuel each. This also means that as over hundred tankers are taking off from depot today another one hundred and something thousand tankers will be there now waiting to lift the one of tomrrow. It continues like that until the previous one hundred thousand tankers off loads and returns to depot. How real does this cock and bull story sound?
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by Fhemmmy: 8:17pm On Jan 25, 2012
Let us even agree this is true for one second.
Could you imagine how much could be eliminated if we have constant electricity . . . . ?
Just a food for though.
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by aljharem(m): 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2012
alexleo:

The duo of Ngozi Iweala and Dieziani are claiming respectively that we  consume 35 million litres and 59 million litres of fuel on daily basis. Now what this means is that over one hundred thousand tankers will be lifting fuel every day with each state getting not less than 2,500 tankers on daily basis.a tanker loads a maximum of about 33 thousand litres of fuel each. This also means that as over hundred tankers are taking off from depot today another one hundred and something thousand tankers will be there now waiting to lift the one of tomrrow. It continues like that until the previous one hundred thousand tankers off loads and returns to depot.  How real does this rooster and bull story sound?

you see it is very strange but I guess that is part of the fraud the said the oil cabals are commiting

according to them, they said the oil cabals can lie about the amount of barrels and liters of petrol they use during the macro transaction.

also maybe they are also adding chad, niger,camerouna and benin republic prices to it.

as u noticed urself, the figures are not consistent at all to make a direct accession of the issue. Why ?

because that is what they want , they want to confuse people

or maybe they have no record or figures
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by Joel3(m): 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2012
Poster. This is what i am about to do. But never getting time to computer. Thank u . U just save me from stress.
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by dustydee: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2012
that will be 1060 trucks a day.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by muyoto: 9:46pm On Jan 25, 2012
alexleo:

The duo of Ngozi Iweala and Dieziani are claiming respectively that we  consume 35 million litres and 59 million litres of fuel on daily basis. Now what this means is that over one hundred thousand tankers will be lifting fuel every day with each state getting not less than 2,500 tankers on daily basis.a tanker loads a maximum of about 33 thousand litres of fuel each. This also means that as over hundred tankers are taking off from depot today another one hundred and something thousand tankers will be there now waiting to lift the one of tomrrow. It continues like that until the previous one hundred thousand tankers off loads and returns to depot.  How real does this rooster and bull story sound?

Its funny isn't it? Although I think the 59million claim, incredulous as it sounds, was attributed to Mr Reginald of PPPRA:

But the Executive Secretary of Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), Mr Reginald Stanley, said the country consumed 59 million litres of petrol daily indicating a differential of 24 million litres.
The NAtion

her claims were that we were already consuming more than 40m litres/ day as of 2010:

he said in 2006, daily consumption was 26. 9 million litres per day and by 2008, it has increased to 38.5 million litres. I also added that by 2010, our daily consumption was found to be 46.9 million litres. The reason that I could give those particular figures was that in general, daily consumption was usually taken as what was delivered with the exception of end of year stock, she added.
source as above

[url=http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=153092:diezani-daily-petrol-consumption-is-49m-not-35m-litres&catid=1:news&Itemid=2Daily trust]Daily trust[/url] claims her figure was:
Diezani: Daily petrol consumption is 49m not 35m litres

The question is who do we now believe? Okonjo, Reginald or Allison. . .or none??  embarassed
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by abhosts(m): 9:58am On Jan 26, 2012
That Statistic is suspect considering the fact that very few filling stations in Nigeria get more than 2 Tanker(33,000 litres) supply in a week.
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by JUO(m): 10:01am On Jan 26, 2012
naija magic
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by seal777(m): 10:22am On Jan 26, 2012
Just like phemmy observed, constant power supply will drastically reduce consumption by more than half because generators consumed majority of the petrol brought into this country.

We claim to be fighting poverty while our system encourages burning wealth in the name of running generators.
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by eghost247(m): 10:23am On Jan 26, 2012
this is alarming but then again the population of Nigeria is huge
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by babaowo: 10:26am On Jan 26, 2012
won subsidies life won na ni.
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by IYANGBALI: 10:43am On Jan 26, 2012
hmmm that one na lie,how much own i dey buy for my motorcycle?
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by megawax8: 11:04am On Jan 26, 2012
Hmmmmm,sounds false to me
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by SkyRider1(m): 11:05am On Jan 26, 2012
Na lie. Two of them dey lie
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by 989900: 11:10am On Jan 26, 2012
If PPPRA says we import 59m litres/day, and DAM says our refineries are working @ 30-60% capacity. Do we then consume 100m litres/day?

Where are Sanusi and NOI now with all those beautiful figures? Which one is it? 35Million litres, 59Million litres or, 100Million litres

Does anyone think NNPC is a scam, PPPRA a conduit for corruption and the Petroleum ministry the umbrella of cabals?
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by okstol: 11:14am On Jan 26, 2012
@poster, most of the contemporary petroleum tankers has 45 thousand litres capacity. It has 15 ton capacity per section of d three sections on a single body.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by Beaf: 11:15am On Jan 26, 2012
By the time the subsidy brouhaha is done, Nigerians will find that our daily consumption would have dropped rather sharply to about 15 or 16 million litres. Please prepare to start calling me, prophet.
Those who led the demonstrations against the subsidy removal will be the loudest voices crying for the tiniest residue of subsidy to be done away with. Anybody wanna bet?

Everything in the petroleum sector is based on theft backed by voodoo math.
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by Koolking(m): 11:30am On Jan 26, 2012
This claim is absolute incredulous and ludicrous.
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by member10: 11:46am On Jan 26, 2012
[color=#990000][/color][size=22pt]just out of curiosity, why are we still subsidizing the 30% capacity fuel our refineries produces daily?.?

How ever this figures looks to be false and greatly over exaggerated.,. Why ant they come up with the correct figure? I mean, this is soppose to be something the head of all the petroleum cooperation should know.

[/size]
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by GeneralGEJ: 11:51am On Jan 26, 2012
it is 1160 tankers and not 100,000 for 35million litres

check your maths again -

olodo
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by icemann(m): 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2012
^^^ i was about to say the same thing. @ 35million Liters you will have approximately 1,606 trucks and 59 million liters will give you 1,788 trucks
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by jajad: 12:20pm On Jan 26, 2012
Mumu poster. "Aunty, they gave me F9 in Matts."
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by Beaf: 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2012
icemann:

^^^ i was about to say the same thing. @ 35million Liters you will have approximately 1,606 trucks and 59 million liters will give you 1,788 trucks

My guy, are you sure?
Check ya maths again. cool
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by icemann(m): 12:42pm On Jan 26, 2012
Beaf:

My guy, are you sure?
Check ya maths again. cool

35 million liters at 33k liters per truck is 1,061 Trucks approx

I need to work on my math grin grin
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by member479760: 12:46pm On Jan 26, 2012
The the women don finish us in this country!
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by muyoto: 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2012
OP obviously miscalculated. even if we assume a tanker capacity of about 30 litres, 59million litres, the highest figure quoted so far will give about 1,966 tankers. . .about 54 per state.

Nonetheless, there are still serious question begging for answers.

with the mind-boggling revelation from CBN we had spent almost N2t (!!!) subsidizing fuel the previous year, one can only but imagine truly chilling scale of the fraud that was in the oil sector.
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by Acidosis(m): 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2012
na water?
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by oritim: 1:44pm On Jan 26, 2012
What this means that every Nigerian is consuming about 4 litres per day. Do these people have common sense at all. I begin to wonder what value has NOI added to the process since she became the Min of Finance and Primus inter pares of Ministers.
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by youngmonie: 1:47pm On Jan 26, 2012
Governments have not really been TOTALY OPEN AND TRUE on this subsidy issue. Fine  they said  we consume 33 millin litres per day, shouldnt there have been a QUOTA system  in place?. Fine the refineries are producing certain amount per day and then companies should be given licences to import a certain amount of fuel. Hence each company given a licence has its own quota to import and government only pays for the quota allotted to them. Simple and straight forward rather than they jus importing any amount they want to .
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by PA1982(f): 1:57pm On Jan 26, 2012
seal777
Just like phemmy observed, constant power supply will drastically reduce consumption by more than half because generators consumed majority of the petrol brought into this country.

We claim to be fighting poverty while our system encourages burning wealth in the name of running generators.

Yes.
In any case, I'll be interested in seeing just how the various figures of petroleum consumption parse.
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by Walemaj: 2:18pm On Jan 26, 2012
Lol! If you believe these moro.ns, then Nigeria consumes more petrol than India, brazil, Indonesia (all countries with bigger populations and bigger land masses than we do). In fact, if you believe the govt figures, Nigeria will be the 4th highest consumer of petrol after US, China & Japan!

And I just heard that in Ghana, they're demanding for a re-instatement of the fuel subsidy that was removed in December, so much for us copying subsidy removal from Ghana (note also that in Ghana, the increase in price was only 15% not, 100+%)
Re: Nigeria Consumes 33 Million Litres Of Fuel Daily: Check Out This Calculation Pls by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Jan 26, 2012
It would probably be more sensible if we had information on how much of the daily consumption is supplied from local refineries.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI / Henry & Charles Okah To Sue Jonathan / Osoba Worked For Abacha's Government And NADECO At The Same Time - Oshun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.