Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,747 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? (4449 Views)

The Truth About Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) / Need Help Dealing With PCOS Supplementwise!! / Are U A Pcos- Woman? Talk About It Here!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by dafunchee: 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2007
Polycystic ovarian
               have noticed that a lot of women especially in the child bearing age fail to realise that irregular periods could also be caused by this disorder.it is mostly caused by hormonal imbalance whereby there would be low progesterone[female hormone] and more of testosterone[male hormone].i would really appreciate it if an awareness on this disorder can start cos a lot of women are ignorant of it.if you have noticed your that period is irregular or unstable,please go see a doctor fast cos its a primary cause of infertility which is fast breaking up alot of marriages. please ladies lets be conscious of our body.
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by paulicoco: 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
I have pcos and believe that many women may have it without knowing it.
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by beegurl(f): 10:57am On Jan 04, 2013
@Coco, u re right. I do have PCOS as well, just found out yday dt a frnd has it as well. Dunno y people tend 2 keep quiet abt issues like dis, I bliv we can learn from each oda. I av a test next week, on primolut N now. It is well wiv us.
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by paulicoco: 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
I have been researching on the syndrome for a while now. Can I ask u, are u overweight and do u display the symptoms ( male hair pattern, irregularity and insulin resistance?). If u do I have been thinking about creating a pcos diet which could help african/ nigerian women manage the disease naturally. Do u eat a lot of starchy food? Or do u like sweets or juice? Maybe u can help me create it here on nairaland.
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by beegurl(f): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2013
Immediately my doctor told me I av 2 shed weight, I started my diet. Google helped me a lot, I'm on low carb diet, which has worked well wiv me. I'm on My 4th week and I know I'm doin real good, friends and family are impressed. I stopped eating carb and sweet tinz especially fizzy drinks. I take water and green tea. My food mainly contains protein, fruits, didn't exclude meat from my diet. For my snacks I eat carrots, apples and cucumber. its all abt portion control. It is now a lifestyle for me nt just d regular diet people do 4 2weeks. Wiv PCOS u v 2 make it a diet, cos its hard 2 loose weight. Its all abt support, we can do this tho it isn't easy. Wld luv 2 hear bk from u
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by beegurl(f): 10:08am On Jan 05, 2013
One more thing, I'm very hairy, I v a fyn figure buh I still v 2 loose weight, was told even if its 5% of body fat I loose. I'm onto dt already.
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by paulicoco: 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
I find it so hard to stick to the diet. Can u give me an example of ur meals. Have u been feeling tired, after cutting out carbs entirely? Did the diet regulate ur cycle?
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by beegurl(f): 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
As I said dis is my 4th week, I'm on primolut N for 5 days, den wen my period comes, I will do a test. Abt d diet, actually hard 2 adhere to buh I its BN God. 2 me I see it has if I'm in a r/ship, all abt commitment. For wat I eat, u can send ur email den I will send u my eating habit. Unless u aren't comfortable wiv dt.
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by paulicoco: 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2013
This is my email: damn_paulo@hotmail.com! Thank u very much. I just want to try and get a life back, lose weight and feel like a normal woman ( who has a normal cycle)
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by paulicoco: 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
@beegurl is it possible to send it to other email: celina_otseme@hotmail.com
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by beegurl(f): 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
Will send dem later @ nite

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by Nobody: 2:18am On Jan 06, 2013
I have a relative with pcos. Good thing is that she doesn't let the problem take her happiness. Except when she is in a bad mood generally, then she starts moaning about the stuff. She isn't even fat at all. She has a fantastic slender figure.
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by beegurl(f): 7:28am On Jan 06, 2013
@fellis, She should continue 2 be optimistic
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by beegurl(f): 8:44am On Jan 06, 2013
pauli coco: This is my email: damn_paulo@hotmail.com! Thank u very much. I just want to try and get a life back, lose weight and feel like a normal woman ( who has a normal cycle)

I av sent d mail 2 both addys. Lemme know if u v seen dem
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by paulicoco: 10:46am On Jan 06, 2013
@beegurl thank u very much. I did receive ur email and replied u. The tipps on there are very great. I hope that many women will see this thread, come together, change their lifestyles and eventually share testimonies with eachother. God bless, hun

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by jadareese: 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
Hi all.@ beegurl would really like τ̅☺ see wat ur diet looks like too cos quite frankly,i hve a very sweet tooth and exercising is a huge deal for me.like most nigerian diet mine is carb filled.left τ̅☺ me alone,i'd rather fast or stick τ̅☺ diet pills.b
t wit a hubby and daughter D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̅τ̲̅ r picky eaters,its hard for me τ̅☺ maintain a routine because ☀̤̣̈̇f them. and
i really want a diet D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̅τ̲̅ works wtout too much exercise.pls send Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ τ̅☺ me. My email is jadareese@gmail.com and probably add ur pin too if u hv one S̶̲̥̅☺ i can keep in touch wt u more regularly if u don't mind
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by aadetoyin(f): 10:36am On Jul 18, 2013
I also have PCOS and I just finished taking PRIMOLUT yesterday so am waiting for AF so that I can do all my test.
Has anyone here done TVS? Was it painful and how much does it cost?
Most importantly what kind of food can someone with PCOS eat since I am supposed to reduce weight and most of our food are Carbs.
For the diet u can send it to my email- aadetoyin@gmail.com
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by paulicoco: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
Its really hard, but I stopped eating rice( white/american), poundo iyan, ground rice, garri. I have boiled plantain once in a while.with stew I even stopped stew. I eat fried fish, with vegetables or boiled chicken with salad.I use olive oil instead of palm oil and eat a lot of beans, moi moi, bean cakes. I sometimes only eat the egusi soup on its own! If u can't get rid of sweets, get fruits (high fibre, low sugar), melons, apples, strawberries.paw paw.try ur best not to have any juice, chocolate, mangos (high in carbs, and bananas), pap, or custard, hot chocolate, have tea without sugar and reduce ur milk intake. ... U can cleanse ur system with castor oil!!!! Please try and bring in exercise.. It works wonders. I lost 7 kg in a month through diet and exercise. Try and either keep ur calorie intake under 700 cals or eat about 1000cals but do moderate exercise everyday. Even if its walking fast, or running... Get ur hubby, family or a friend to join u.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by stineb1: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
I'm wondering how some of you arrived by claming that you have PCOS.Anyway, I want to suggest that you undergoe a TVS scan to rule it out structurally(Anatomically) E-mail me on stine_b2000@yahoo.com for more Info
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by paulicoco: 10:43am On Jul 19, 2013
I had blood tests in london, scans and everything else. I def have pcos. I am on metformin at the moment.
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by tanidabi: 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
@pauli coco which of the clinics did you go ues in uk,i'll be in Uk for a week in August and am thinking of getting another opinion,am thinking LFC but i figure out i cld get somewhere cheaper ?Any ideas
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by paulicoco: 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
Tynemouth clinic in tottenham, in london. And I have a GP here who sent me to referrals. The best private clinics can be found on harley street.
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by beegurl(f): 7:30am On Jul 24, 2013
Pauli,u minding that person. Anyways aw are u? U just disappeared from my life ehn. I'm also metformin, wats up wiv ur weight loss?
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by beegurl(f): 9:03am On Jul 24, 2013
Dis is my email, reachbibi@yahoo.com, waiting 4ur mail
jadareese: Hi all.@ beegurl would really like τ̅☺ see wat ur diet looks like too cos quite frankly,i hve a very sweet tooth and exercising is a huge deal for me.like most nigerian diet mine is carb filled.left τ̅☺ me alone,i'd rather fast or stick τ̅☺ diet pills.b
t wit a hubby and daughter D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̅τ̲̅ r picky eaters,its hard for me τ̅☺ maintain a routine because ☀̤̣̈̇f them. and
i really want a diet D̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̅τ̲̅ works wtout too much exercise.pls send Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ τ̅☺ me. My email is jadareese@gmail.com and probably add ur pin too if u hv one S̶̲̥̅☺ i can keep in touch wt u more regularly if u don't mind
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by jadareese: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
thx @beegurl.sent u a mail.dont know if u received it yet
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by beegurl(f): 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by paulicoco: 9:23pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hey beegurl u travelled to Naija a couple of months ago but lost my bb in the village. This is my email addy: Paulina.otseme@yahoo.com! I am hating metformin been taken it for 4 weeks but no sign of a period. Send me ur baboon or have u for whatsapp?
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by sotum2: 10:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
@ All there is nothing God can not without you paying nothing visit this thread below https://www.nairaland.com/1262082/how-conquer-barrenness-medically-spiritually
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by beegurl(f): 11:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
Sowee dear,did u mean yahoo? And I'm on watsappp. Aw are u? Been on metformin since may too. Was difficult wen I started but with time u will get used to it. No period yet too
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by paulicoco: 6:34pm On Jul 25, 2013
It is depressing and scary . Pcos is not only a physical thing but is also spiritual.
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Pcos? by Beetle: 4:15am On Jul 26, 2013
@ Pauli coco, what makes PCOS spiritual o?

@ tanidabi, you can't spend a week in UK and expect to get a second opinion, every doctor would want to test you before giving their own opinion o my sister. They would first of require u to go for FSH, AMH etc. it won't be worth it unless you're staying for a month. That's my opinion o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fake Beecham Ampiclox. / Someone Should Please Help Me With My Hard Palms.. / For Those Drinking Or With The Intention Of Drinking SANS Soda, Warning!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.