Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. (1983 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Top 10.5 Must Have Qualities For Women. / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by biggozz(m): 12:47am On Oct 13, 2007
This is open for comment to both sexes,

What shoud be a persons genuine reasons to chose a spouse for a life partner?

For me, I think one should chose for compatibility reasons, one who is your friend because beauty and material things fade with time.
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by Attention(f): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2007
God fearing, Hardworking, Intelligent, Compatibility and Love.

Outside these ones i mentioned, also please be sure you are contented with him/her as your best choice if placed side by side with anyother man or lady as the case maybe else you would be regretting your choice and wishing you'd have an opportunity to make a change.

Best of luck!
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by eezzy(f): 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2007
He should be respectful and loving. I always feel that the super glue for marriage
is Love, Respect and Faithfulness. If you love your wife/husband you'll respect him/her
and will therefore be faithful to him/her. If any of these is missing, the marriage will surely
crumble.
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by almondjoy(f): 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2007
Independence
Confidence
Strong verbal and non verbal communication skills
Hopeless romantic
Educated/Exposed/Sophisticated----wears appropriate sleep wear to bed
Decisive
Good sense of humour
Good lover
Great with kids
Family oriented
Must be a crossword puzzle lover
Like to travel
Domesticated
Well groomed
Good cook
Employed
open minded-not judgemental
Versatility--must be able to blend in different crowds--street smartness/aje butter combination---like me tongue.

MUST LIVE OUTSIDE NIGERIA!-------very important. cool
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by Imani(f): 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2007
almondjoy:

Independence
Confidence
Hopeless romantic
Decisive
Good sense of humour
Good lover
Great with kids
Family oriented
Like to travel
Domesticated
Well groomed
Good cook
Employed
Versatility--must be able to blend in different crowds--street smartness/aje butter combination---like me tongue.

Militia/Bebelove/Militiana/Afrodixie/Almondjoy and the many more usernames you would come up with grin grin grin

Na wa for you. On this Nairaland, na you biko. wink
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by almondjoy(f): 12:54am On Oct 18, 2007
Imani:

Militia/Bebelove/Militiana/Afrodixie/Almondjoy and the many more usernames you would come up with grin grin grin

Na wa for you. On this Nairaland, na you biko. wink

Prove it! cool
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by Zandra1(f): 8:19pm On Oct 18, 2007
@almondjoy ure funny. I was in the library with my class when I read ur reply (the one above mine) and almost choked with laughter. I was trying so hard not to laugh and my professor kept on giving me a weird look. Someone has accused u before of having all these names and ur reply also left me in stiches. If ure indeed those nicknames then u definitely need an award grin grin grin grin grin. If I remember, the rest are female but almondjoy is male grin grin grin grin. Oh, this is very funny.

almondjoy, am not laughing at u but u do have a sense of humor.
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by presido1: 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2007
Zandra1:

@almondjoy ure funny. I was in the library with my class when I read your reply (the one above mine) and almost choked with laughter. I was trying so hard not to laugh and my professor kept on giving me a weird look. Someone has accused u before of having all these names and your reply also left me in stiches. If ure indeed those nicknames then u definitely need an award grin grin grin grin grin.
Another type of 419

Zandra1:

. If I remember, the rest are female but almondjoy is male grin grin grin grin. Oh, this is very funny.
This is a scam.
Yet s/he needs God fearing wo/man to marry.
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by Zandra1(f): 9:53pm On Oct 18, 2007
@presido I don't get u. Besides, u shouldn't take it that serious. I for one think its funny but I guess d/f stuff get people to laugh grin.
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by omena555(f): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2007
almondjoy:

Independence
Confidence
Hopeless romantic
Decisive
Good sense of humour
Good lover
Great with kids
Family oriented
Like to travel
Domesticated
Well groomed
Good cook
Employed

if i may ask, almondjoy, do u urself possess all these qualities?
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by almondjoy(f): 9:01pm On Oct 22, 2007
You be the judge.  I think I do----will not demand them if I did not possess them.  Do you need proof? cheesy
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by Islander(f): 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2007
omena555:

if i may ask, almondjoy, do u yourself possess all these qualities?

Yes she does and so much more grin grin grin grin
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by almondjoy(f): 9:07pm On Oct 22, 2007
Islander:

Yes she does and so much more grin grin grin grin

Hello beautiful! kiss

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  Ignorance is bliss! wink  I am glad you have proof that I "possess" all those qualities and more!  Please tell omena555 please.  Spread the gospel please.
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by omena555(f): 10:56am On Oct 23, 2007
almondjoy, the one u have given the mandate to spread your gospel (indeed) doesnt even know if u are a "he" or a "she".  undecided so hers is not a good judgement at all! people like u who exppect soooooooooo much from others may not even have it afterall  grin
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by simmy(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2007
hmmm.
we don know if almondjoy is male/female, (tho he sounds very feminie to me) but do u know how mentally disturbing it is to communicate with sm1 u thot was female, only to find out he s male?, its almost like uve commited a honmosexual sin!!!!
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by almondjoy(f): 12:28pm On Oct 23, 2007
Bhwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

omena555:

almondjoy, the one u have given the mandate to spread your gospel (indeed) doesnt even know if u are a "he" or a "she".  undecided so hers is not a good judgement at all! people like u who exppect soooooooooo much from others may not even have it afterall   grin

he he he he he he he he he he! grin Okaaaaaaaaaay!  I think she understands so do not worry too much about it.  I have all those qualities I assure you.  They are not gender specific as you can see.  Haven't been around much on Nairaland I see?  Do you need proof I ask? tongue

simmy:

hmmm.

we don know if almondjoy is male/female,

(tho he sounds very feminie to me)

but do u know how mentally disturbing it is to communicate with sm1 u thot was female, only to find out he s male?, its almost like uve commited a honmosexual sin!!!!

he he he he he he he he he he he!  You are too cute for words cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin  It should not matter at all if the "love" is genuine!

I am sorry you are having a "psycho-sexual" identity crisis on my behalf--just by communicating on a website.  I promise to stay away from your bedroom and bathroom, if it will make you happy. kiss I really would not like you to be suicidal. grin--or sleep with a "She-male"! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by almondjoy(f): 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2007
presido1:

Another type of 419
This is a scam.
Yet s/he needs God fearing wo/man to marry.

Like you I guess? kiss  Did you see God-fearing in my list? As you can see I am not and have no use for those!  Actually I prefer Satan-fearing! cheesy

Zandra1:

@presido I don't get u. Besides, u shouldn't take it that serious. I for one think its funny but I guess d/f stuff get people to laugh grin.

Please pay him no mind at all Zandra1---he is very lonely!  Can you please ask him for his qualities and see if we can help him out here. cheesy

Oh BTW-  updating ma list---nothing in skirts or trousers BELOW 29 years old!---don't dig kids for partners!---Preferably 30-45--thanks---no 20 somethings please!!!! kiss
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2007
almondjoy:

tic
Domesticated
Well groomed

The highlighted part got me confused.
why crossword puzzle ?
are you grading them for worldliness awareness

and biko which one be appropriate sleepwear? no sleepwear lipsrsealed undecided
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2007
@ the poster

1.God fearing if you are God fearing

2.Faithful and reliable. no wondering eyes

3.Excellent personal hygiene

4.good table manners

5.ability to cordinate clothing and match colors appropriately.

6.Romantic

7.Well educated,if you are.

8.Employed and with good work ethics

9.Intelligent

10.Humorous
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by debosky(m): 5:15pm On Oct 23, 2007
@ nwandolina

you forgot 'sizable abunna' grin grin
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2007
debosky:

@ nwandolina

you forgot 'sizable abunna' grin grin

bad boy debo.
It's not the size of the abunna but the fight in the abunna grin
even almondjoy can confirm this
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by debosky(m): 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2007
ok my bad

'aggressive and skilled abunna' then wink tongue
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by almondjoy(f): 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2007
nwando:

The highlighted part got me confused.
why crossword puzzle ?
are you grading them for worldliness awareness

and biko which one be appropriate sleepwear? no sleepwear lipsrsealed undecided

Nwando de Nwando----

Must look like you are going to bed not to the "farm"!  No nudity please unless I have "something" in mind.  It is part of the appeal.  So I have something to look forward to instead of shoving "it" in ma face when I least expect it.  Love P.J.s.  No boxers or T-shirts in ma bed please!

Cross-word puzzles is not a geriatric sport contrary to what most think.  It helps with vocab building and I am a sucker for guys and ladies who spend time building their I.Q.  It is an excellent way to travel around the world without moving an inch!

We are not in you know where please!  There is central air-conditioning and heating! wink  No need to run around with wrappers on the waist and chest---very nasty!
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by almondjoy(f): 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2007
nwando:

bad boy debo.
It's not the size of the abunna but the fight in the abunna grin
even almondjoy can confirm this

You get am!  Chaka the Zulu! grin Not Pee Wee Herman!
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by simmy(m): 9:10am On Oct 26, 2007
almond joy is a f, ing bisexual!!!!
Yikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
he/she loves both he s and she s
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by almondjoy(f): 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2007
Hmmm!

Waka pass je je!
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by Attention(f): 11:17am On Oct 29, 2007
A good quality to look out for in a person you'd love to marry:

Look for a person that compliments you i.e. look for a person that has what you are lacking. if you are short, look for a taller person, if you lack self confidence, look for someone that is self confident. With this you give what you have and take what the other person has. And also you will feel good knowing you can get his or her assistance in whatever area.

A person that can make you smile when you feel like crying!
Dont marry a person that has a physical attribute or trait that you hate and that cant be changed, else when you're in, you'll feel frustrated and then you cant change it.
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by omena555(f): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2007
* faithful and trustworthy

* very understanding

* romantic

* someone i can learn from

* patient

* God fearing (he must LOVE God with all his heart)

* enlightened

* VERY good personal hygiene

* good sense of humor

* fun to be with

* someone who can take care of me

* most of all, MY FRIEND grin
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by Tokemi1(f): 11:49am On Oct 31, 2007
1.Must be God fearing.

2.Must be caring.

3.Must be Fun to be with,the one that doesn't nag.

4.Someone that my own weakness will be his strength vice visa.

5.Must be educated,tribe is not a barrier.

6.A homely man,not the type that keeps late.

7.A future oriented man that will have interest in my goals.

8.Must be faithful , so help me God
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by kaylala(m): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2007
wao shocked how come i have all these qualities, i am the man grin
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by Tokemi1(f): 12:19pm On Oct 31, 2007
1.Must be God fearing.

2.Must be caring.

3.Must be Fun to be with,the one that doesn't nag.

4.Someone that my own weakness will be his strength vice visa.

5.Must be educated,tribe is not a barrier.

6.A homely man,not the type that keeps late.

7.A future oriented man that will have interest in my goals.

8.Must be my best Friend

9.Must be faithful , so help me God
Re: The True Qualities For Which To Chose A Spouse. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 03, 2007
kaylala:

wao shocked how come i have all these qualities, i am the man grin

Oooh la la!

By the authority vested in me ,I declare you the man.
You may kiss yourself grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Baby Girl Bed Wet / Please Help Me Out ( Pregnant) / She Forgot My Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.