Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End (5304 Views)

PICTURE Of IGP MD Abubakar Controlling Traffic In Abuja / State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar / The New Igp, Md Abubakar's Past Sins: A Bad Replacement For Ringim! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by supereagle(m): 4:26am On Jan 27, 2012
I ‘ll Fight Boko Haram To Standstill – New Igp

ABUJA— Acting Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Dahiru Abubakar yesterday took over the reins of  police leadership from his predecessor, Hafiz Abubakar Ringim vowing to fight the dreaded Boko Haram sect in all its ramifications.

Besides Boko Haram, Abubakar said the Nigeria Police force under him would undergo serious restructuring and declared a state of emergency on Police training institutions in the country saying the way they were presently constituted can only produce ill-equipped officers.

Addressing senior Police officers at the IG’s conference room after the handing over ceremony in his office, the new IG promised to work with the DIG Parry Osayande Committee set up by the President “so that Nigeria can have the Police force it deserves, a police force that will respect the rule of law, that will be committed, and fair in the discharge of its responsibilities”.

His words: “I want to assure all Nigerians that this administration under my leadership will be different from all other Police administrations. I will be a team player because I can’t do it all alone. There is no Commander without troops. We have done it in other places, we demonstrated it and we are going to demonstrate it here. But take note, the police will undergo serious restructuring

I do not believe I can do this job without my officers and men. We shall do what we shall do and you will be a living witness to what we shall do. But we need prayers”.

Reminded that arms used by Boko Haram group and armed robbers in some cases were more sophisticated than those of the Police, he said, “I do not know how you came about that. We do not know what they have so that we compare them to know who has stronger arms. We intend to do what we are supposed to do especially in the area of training”.

“Training is an area we are lacking. I will focus on it very seriously. We will put our training centers and colleges on very tasking challenge, so as to be able to train officers and men. I am going to declare a state of emergency in our training institutions so that we can look at the facilities, the staff and what they have on ground. We cannot take policemen to institutions that are bad, lacking in facilities, and expect to produce good police officers”.

I succeeded as IGP —Ringim

Abubakar’s immediate predecessor, Hafiz Abubakar Ringim in his speech at the handing over ceremonies yesterday declared that he succeeded as the leader of the Nigeria Police force in its fight against terrorism, crime and criminality, noting that those who doubted him were free to have their opinion.

Said he: “I gave this challenge (IGP), my best shot and I sincerely believe I succeeded. Some may want to contend this, but I sincerely believe that under my leadership the Nigeria Police Force discharged its functions and its obligations creditably well.

“You are all aware that as I have requested to the President to commence my leave-pending retirement, it became necessary for Mr. President to appoint a new Inspector General of Police.

“I must thank the members of the Force management team, DIG Okoronkwo, DIG Udah, DIG Audu Abubakar, DIG Muhammed Yesufu, and DIG Saleh Abubakar. Those were the members of the defunct police management team that I headed. Because of the fact that I needed to go on retirement, which letter I wrote to Mr. President, and which approval I also received from the SGF, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, It became necessary to appoint a new Inspector General of Police.

“That Inspector General of Police is Mr. Mohammed Dikko Abubakar. I took time to brief the new IGP considering the task ahead of him. Having successfully discussed with him, and briefed him on what I know so far to be his duties and his responsibilities, and have placed him on notice also of the enormous responsibilities that lay ahead of him.

“It is my wish that you all, particularly the officers at the force headquarters, in the wisdom that you have, give the same support, encouragement and assistance that you gave me in order for him to succeed.

“The task is by no means an enormous one. In this regard I will also solicit the support of our friends, our colleagues, the media, who chose to make and unmake, I sincerely wish you would give him the support, he will definitely need your support and I sincerely wish you would give him all the support.

“As you know I would cease to be the Inspector General of Police from the time I handover. I have done my bit within the period that Mr. President has graciously appointed me as IGP. I told you what I was going to do and to some extent I did the best I could do. I gave this challenge my best shot and I sincerely believe I succeeded.

“In this regard I will pray that God Almighty will afford the new IGP also the opportunity and the wisdom to steer to a better course, the ship of the Nigeria Police”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/i-ll-fight-boko-haram-to-standstill/
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by efisher(m): 5:28am On Jan 27, 2012
If I'm to judge by what I've seen and heard about him, I think he is capable. Hafiz Ringim looked and acted too laid back and he never showed any confidence in his dealing with Boko rams. Talking tough is a good sign. Let's see if he can turn this into ACTION.
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by mensdept: 5:29am On Jan 27, 2012
This is all a bunch of bull. So we play politics with everything. A northern Head of State or IG will not hesitate to liquidate "troube-makers" in the south or middle belt, yet, when a bunch of fools are killing over 150 PEOPLE no one-the Ijaw President and his brethen in police or COAS cant take the same road?

How can police, yes, police alone think they will fight a militant group? Is this not a matter of our entire Defense system?
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by Nobody: 5:37am On Jan 27, 2012
Half of Nigerians would have been wasted before they 'seriously restructure the police force' my azz.
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by PointB: 5:48am On Jan 27, 2012
^^^

Better late than never!
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by xanadu333: 8:20am On Jan 27, 2012
with what abi na jaz undecided
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by horlabiyi(m): 8:25am On Jan 27, 2012
Empty barrel.
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by Demdem(m): 8:25am On Jan 27, 2012
I hope so. I also hope these words wont warrant a serious bomb blast. The former IGP said something similar and what happened next was a bomb blast at police headquarters in Abuja.
Despite your bigoted past, i still want you to succeed and let all these killings end.
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by wewe1(m): 8:42am On Jan 27, 2012
Talk is cheap, a 15 years old child can deliver that message with the face and tone. Work the work, arrest and persecute all criminal (small, big and off course the dreaded boko boys)
Then we can grin grin and grin grin
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by gooseboy: 9:32am On Jan 27, 2012
na true. ;d
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by Korrection(m): 9:54am On Jan 27, 2012
when a lion wants to eat an animal it doesnt open its teeth, stop saying what you cant but do what you cant say , then we will believe you
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by kizito96(m): 10:14am On Jan 27, 2012
He has been fingered as one of them, so he knows how to deal with them
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by babuji(f): 10:25am On Jan 27, 2012
supereagle:

ABUJA— Acting Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Dahiru Abubakar yesterday took over the reins of police leadership from his predecessor, Hafiz Abubakar Ringim vowing to fight the dreaded Boko Haram sect in all its ramifications.

“That Inspector General of Police is Mr. Mohammed Dikko Abubakar. I took time to brief the new IGP considering the task ahead of him. Having successfully discussed with him, and briefed him on what I know so far to be his duties and his responsibilities, and have placed him on notice also of the enormous responsibilities that lay ahead of him.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/i-ll-fight-boko-haram-to-standstill/

This write up is referring to two different people.
Is the new IG mohammed dikko or mohammed Dahiru?
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by LEXYLOV: 10:54am On Jan 27, 2012
Mr new IGP can you please stop threatening and promises like your clueless boss and get down straight to the job and do what Nigerians can see and proud of you? Action speaks louder than voice, oga please work first that will determine your capability not talking lipsrsealed
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by dayo23(f): 11:06am On Jan 27, 2012
Same old story, I dey laff ooo
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by globalaid(m): 11:11am On Jan 27, 2012
talk is cheap. we have heard this before.
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by Wily1Wily: 11:25am On Jan 27, 2012
Boko Haram is Going to fight Boko Haram to the End,
How can someone fight himself to the End?
Na wah ooo, I dey clap for Mr MD Abubakar
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by Afam4eva(m): 11:32am On Jan 27, 2012
VOW, PLEADGE, COMMITED.

All na english. We've heard all this before in different grammar.
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by akpanbaba: 11:44am On Jan 27, 2012
The question is :Can demon cast out demon?.
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by oraclefemi(m): 11:57am On Jan 27, 2012
someone tell dis morafaker to shut up, i see policemen on the street and my heart skips a beat. licensed thieves
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2012
Yet another IGP with near no plans to real effectivelye work to strengthen the Police Force nation wide. Vigorous training is good but when you train monsters they remain monsters. Weed out the bad elements --something even BokoHaram has hinted at over and over now. Make sure those with records of crimes get prosecuted. Weed out the lazy, unserious beings from the forces, and train only those who understand what it means to be in the force and are serious.
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by solihu(m): 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2012
A very mersmerizing write up cheesy Living up to it is something else entirely. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but uhmm, I wish you all the best. And like they say: time'll tell wink
Re: IGP MD Abubakar Vows To Fight Boko Haram To The End by okosodo: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2012
Wily1Wily:

Boko Haram is Going to fight Boko Haram to the End,
How can someone fight himself to the End?
Na wah ooo, I dey clap for Mr MD Abubakar
. Dont mind the animal

(1) (Reply)

Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi / Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector / Bursted : Lying Buhari Supporter Exposed (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.