Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? (31168 Views)

My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. / DO YOU KNOW , You Are Useless! Says Father Inlaw To Son-inlaw / It Is Right For Your Mother Inlaw To Call Your Wife Every Sec. And At Late Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by DaMirage: 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2012
help answer this question
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by QMark: 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2012
Anything more than a stranded night is too long

4 Likes

Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by Fhemmmy: 3:55pm On Jan 27, 2012
I think it all depends on your relationship with the in-law . . .

5 Likes

Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by DaMirage: 11:59am On Jan 31, 2012
Ok, lets expantiate and rephrase the topic:

How long is too long for troublesome inlaws to stay over in your house?
Inlaws that leave dirty dishes in your sink, put on the generator after you have put it off, leave full thrash in your kitchen etc.
This kind of inlaws
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by Fhemmmy: 2:49pm On Jan 31, 2012
"Troublesome" in-law should only visit and not even spend a night . . . .
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by fred2265: 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2012

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by GboyegaD(m): 5:18pm On Feb 07, 2012
The best is to call the in-law to order making him/her know this is your house and not his or hers. If such an in-law choose not to be responsible then, the spouse whose relative s/he is would have to tell the person they have had enough of him or her.
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by untainted: 5:27pm On Feb 07, 2012
In-laws: Father-in-law, Mother-in-law or the rest of the in-laws?
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by Ibangap(m): 5:33pm On Feb 07, 2012
Troublesome or no troublesome, why u wan visit me, stay in ur house and tell me what u want, nd i will come and take care of it dere.

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by stagger: 5:37pm On Feb 07, 2012
A week maximum. That is the rule in my house.
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by eghost247(m): 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2012
this is thread is gonna be interesting wait ti NAIRALAND LADIES TEAR IT UP
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by southwark: 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2012
Troublesome or no troublesome, why u wan visit me, stay in ur house and tell me what u want, nd i will come and take care of it dere.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Lmao
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by bidex(m): 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2012
hummm, the inlaw can stay in your house as long as or as far as your endurance can take you
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by aginamuk: 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2012
How do you even tell your mother or father in-law to leave your house?
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by coolkaboom(m): 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2012
ol-boi, I goofed. My wife had a baby-girl (our 2nd) 6 months ago, since then, her mum and sister hav set-up camp at my home. Initially, it was a relief but I have recently com to d conclusion that I was siiting on a keg of gun-powder. D more I covr my ears and eyes, the more brazen they become. Anytime i enquire from my madam abt when they will be leaving, she claims to still need them because d baby is still to young for day-care.

i had to put my foot down and tactfully kick em out when d whining and snide remarks were gettin too 'amplified'. For sake of respect, some distance has to be maintained between in-laws and a young growing marriage. It's helpful in the short-run but too damaging when the stay is extended.

Having said that, it also depends on the characters involved. I had no real issues with the sister, na dem mama get gutter-mouth, and i couldnt stand her influence on my wife. Havin every decision or discussion ratified by that woman was like living in 'HELL'.

9 Likes

Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 07, 2012
2days for visits, 1 week for other issues.
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by coolkaboom(m): 6:04pm On Feb 07, 2012
aginamuk:

How do you even tell your mother or father in-law to leave your house?

TACTFULLY remove the reason for the extended stay; in my case, register the baby for creche and on the next weekend, give them a tidy settlement (50-500k) as u hold reach.
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by coolkaboom(m): 6:04pm On Feb 07, 2012
how com its only guys talkin so far?
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by Lexusgs430: 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2012
Depending on the relationship you have with your in- laws !!!
My in-laws are the best, and can stay in house for as long as they want to !!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by megawax8: 6:09pm On Feb 07, 2012
Nothing more dan a stranded nyt,be it a troublesome one or not
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by malele(m): 6:14pm On Feb 07, 2012
una go kill me with laugh here ooo
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by sirp2007: 6:33pm On Feb 07, 2012
TOO LONG IS WHEN U FEEL IS TOO LONG,
as to hw to ask an inlaw to leave,very simple.
''in-law abeg time don reach wen u go waka,abeg ready make l go drop u for park.greet evry bodi for me when u reach house.call me whn u reach.

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by thehunted(m): 6:38pm On Feb 07, 2012
Q.Mark:

Anything more than a stranded night is too long

correct.
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by metche: 6:39pm On Feb 07, 2012
Whaooo!!!!!!, interesting, hmmnnnnn,
coolkaboom:

TACTFULLY remove the reason for the extended stay; in my case, register the baby for creche and on the next weekend, give them a tidy settlement (50-500k) as u hold reach.
.  Cool: You must be a consultant on this issue oooooo
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by 1Dray(m): 6:55pm On Feb 07, 2012
Hmmm. . . Some questions! LWFMF. . .

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by sugar001(f): 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2012
My parents in-law have never visited. Thank God hubby is the only child. *dancing etighi
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by claremont(m): 7:09pm On Feb 07, 2012
The inlaw can stay as long as he/she is ready to abide by the house rules.
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by iykak47: 7:10pm On Feb 07, 2012
It seems we are looking at this issue from the man's angle, the other side is can a woman tell here  inlaw to go?
can my wife tell my mother or father (when i get married} to leave? NO
Can i tell my inlaw to go?  grin grin cool cool
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by ronkebp(f): 7:25pm On Feb 07, 2012
iykak47:

It seems we are looking at this issue from the man's angle, the other side is can a woman tell here inlaw to go?
can my wife tell my mother or father (when i get married} to leave? NO
Can i tell my inlaw to go? grin grin cool cool

NO!!!
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by loveheaven(f): 7:37pm On Feb 07, 2012
@ronkebp you are right on point, lol,  what's good for the gander is good for the goose. If an-inlaw does not respect your rules then they are better off in their own home where no one is likely to notice them.
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by Sprumbaba: 7:44pm On Feb 07, 2012
Re: How Long Is Too Long For An Inlaw To Stay? by MeGaStReEt: 7:58pm On Feb 07, 2012
If its "He" no probs, we roll together. But, "she" No! No!! No!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple Welcomes 1st Baby Of 2016 At Abuja Hospital After 9 Years Of Marriage / Can You Catch A Cheating Husband By His Smell Alone? / I Want To Report My Mum To Human Rights For Child Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.