Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

How Many Pastors Get Rich! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Pastors Get Rich! (1364 Views)

Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Many Pastors & Christians Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day! / Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Pastors Get Rich! by OmoPastor(m): 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2012
it has come to my notice that many people on this forum have the wrong notion about rich pastors. allow me help you.

there are genuine and fake pastors cos the devil will always fight what is genuine but their fruits will eventually distinguish them.

the genuine pastor is one called by God to lead His people in the work of the kingdom here on earth by feeding them and nuturing them through the ministry of the Word and Spirit.

Eph 4:11 - 13  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

the pastors work is defined by God Himself. the wrong impression i want to wipe off is that a pastor called by God cannot be rich in this world. in fact pastors called by God are supposed to be the richest people in this world cos this is the only job whose employer is the monarch and owner of the universe; the boss' wealth is beyond any mans' wildest imagination.

a pastor called by God DOES NOT get rich from the offerings and tithes of the church! he can only be rich through his giving into the work of the kingdom. the world has changed a lot cos the way the gospel was preached 50yrs ago is not same today. now we have many avenues to preach the gospel which require heavy monies which tithes and offerings cannot cover, so if you are called by God and want to take world evangelisation up, then you must be loaded with cash for the work and this cannot come from offerings and tithes but from reckless seed sowing which will prompt men to give to you willingly.

if you want to know a real and serious pastor who is passionate about the work God has called him to do, then check his givings. many of the rich pastors you see today that are called by God are reckless givers who only see supernatural provisions than the tithes and offerings.

every MOG called of God is destined to be rich if he knows what to do. money is very vital in gospel propagation in todays world that is the reason the devil is fighting tooth and nail trying to taint true riches by raising fake pastors who are only after their belly and the wrath of God is on them as we speak.
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by Azibalua(f): 5:15pm On Jan 27, 2012
if you want to know a real and serious pastor who is passionate about the work God has called him to do, then check his givings. many of the rich pastors you see today that are called by God are reckless givers who only see supernatural provisions than the tithes and offerings.

Very very true, every Christian lives by his or her giving, a pastor is a Christian as well and must be a reckless giver to experience prosperity
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by mabell: 5:27pm On Jan 27, 2012
Wow! Amazing. The righteous are on board. Omopastor you have so great a revelation. The office of a pastor is not a tithe and offering collection office but an office of both spiritual and financial sacrifice.
The gospel is not cheap and aside that, amongst the congregation, you have people that will always come for helps so a pastor cannot afford to live in lack, its too risky. Thank you jare omopastor.
I would love to say more but its not too comfortable typing with a phone. Cheers!
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by inedi: 5:38pm On Jan 27, 2012
I totally agree with you on this matter, just like the bible said in Ecc 9:14-16 AMP " There was a little city with few men on it. And a great king came against it and besieged it and built great bulwarks against it.
But there was found in it a poor wise man, and by his wisdom delivered the city. Yet no man (seriously) remembered that poor man.
But I say that wisdom is better than might, though the poor man's wisdom is despised and his words are not heeded.

The gospel is free but not cheap. Besides how can you preach the gospel to the ends or earth as Jesus has Instructed without money. Thank you for this gospel truth, the world needs to read this.
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by Hutchie(m): 6:32pm On Jan 27, 2012
The True Pastor taught this:

19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matt 6)

But unfortunately many have gone after the way of Balaam:

15Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; (2 Pet 2)

Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; (1 Tim 6:17) [unless some think that the pastor should be exempt from such admonitions)

1This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; (1 Tim 3)

Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers--not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; (1 Pet 5:2)

Because an overseer is God's servant manager, he must be blameless. He must not be arrogant or irritable. He must not drink too much, be a violent person, or make money in shameful ways. (Tit 1:7)

These scriptures don’t seem to be in many peoples Bibles.
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by newmi(m): 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2012
OmoPastor:

there are genuine and fake pastors cos the devil will always fight what is genuine but their fruits will eventually distinguish them.
Matthew 7:16
By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? (NIV)

OmoPastor:

the genuine pastor is one called by God to lead His people in the work of the kingdom here on earth by feeding them and nuturing them through the ministry of the Word and Spirit.
Jeremiah 3:15
And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding. (KJB)

OmoPastor:

the pastors work is defined by God Himself. the wrong impression i want to wipe off is that a pastor called by God cannot be rich in this world. in fact pastors called by God are supposed to be the richest people in this world cos this is the only job whose employer is the monarch and owner of the universe; the boss' wealth is beyond any mans' wildest imagination.
1 Corinthians 10:26
For "the earth is the LORD's, and everything in it."(NLT)

Psalms 24:1
Of David. A psalm. The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;(NIV)

Psalms 50:10
For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills(KJB)

Haggai 2:8
The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD Almighty.(NIV)

OmoPastor:

a pastor called by God DOES NOT get rich from the offerings and tithes of the church! he can only be rich through his giving into the work of the kingdom. .
Hebrews 10:38
But it is by faith that My righteous servant shall live; and if he shrinks back, My soul takes no pleasure in him."(WNT)

OmoPastor:

the world has changed a lot cos the way the gospel was preached 50yrs ago is not same today. now we have many avenues to preach the gospel which require heavy monies which tithes and offerings cannot cover, so if you are called by God and want to take world evangelisation up, then you must be loaded with cash for the work and this cannot come from offerings and tithes but from reckless seed sowing which will prompt men to give to you willingly.
Zachariah 1:17
Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.(kjb)

Mark 16:15
And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation(ESV)

how? Through the internet, Satellite, The print media and other multi-media platforms all of which are immensely expensive. For instance, it requires about 5Million dollars to run and maintain just two satellite based television stations with the quality and standard of CNN per annum let alone maintaining a website that engages in streaming of live videos and programmes these services are not paid for "with the blood of Jesus" and the church todat cannot boycourt these vital avenues if Mark 16:15 must be fulfilled consequently anyone who is thinking and saying otherwise is joking and hasn't realize the truth yet.
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by Hutchie(m): 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2012
I am sure it must look very funny but the last Bible verse should read Titus 1:7 (Ti 1 :7). How on earth it changed to "Bosom 1:7" is beyond me.
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by mabell: 9:06pm On Jan 27, 2012
Hutchie:

I am sure it must look very funny but the last Bible verse should read Titus 1:7 (Ti 1 :7). How on earth it changed to "Bosom 1:7" is beyond me.

maybe you should ask the moderators you know
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by oloriooko(m): 10:39pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ poster
so why do many people who call themselves pastors force their members to give in their churches?

i believe in giving and i do give but i think giving should be done willingly and not being talked into it.

i agree with your post and i say thanks for the info.
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by God2man(m): 11:07pm On Jan 27, 2012
Any Pastor that can risk reckless giving will always be bombarded after many days with unthinkable blessings. A seed may look so small but inside that seed is a big tree with friuts. The important thing is to give a GOOD SEED on a fertile land. The GOOD SEED can only come from reckless giving on a good soil, that is, a living church. If you plant your GOOD SEED on a bad soil, that is, a dead church, you may not see any harvest. God bless you. God2man.
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by inedi: 12:41am On Jan 28, 2012
oloriooko:

@ poster
so why do many people who call themselves pastors force their members to give in their churches?

i believe in giving and i do give but i think giving should be done willingly and not being talked into it.

i agree with your post and i say thanks for the info.

A pastor is responsible for his congregation, there prosperity welfare and well being. So he has the right to talk you into given, because he is not doing that for himself so that maybe offerings will increase no he is concerned about your prosperity. Because the truth is you can't have without given, the pastor is only laying a foundation for your upliftmrnt. And I don't think also that there any pastor uses a gun to force into given. If he lays emphases, that is because he is trying to build you faith, for faith come by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by ogajim(m): 1:25am On Jan 28, 2012
The CEC NL "ministry" bunch are hilarious as usual providing great comic relief for the week, these are the gift that keep on giving.

No wonder Pastor JoAgbaje once declared on NL that "Pastor Chris" has done more to bring folks to the fold than Apostle Paul, As Fela sang, "yeye rolling, "
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by inedi: 3:04am On Jan 28, 2012
ogajim:

The CEC NL "ministry" bunch are hilarious as usual providing great comic relief for the week, these are the gift that keep on giving.

No wonder Pastor JoAgbaje once declared on NL that "Pastor Chris" has done more to bring folks to the fold than Apostle Paul, As Fela sang, "yeye rolling, "

If you are angry about it declare how much of impact you have been to you world.
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by ogajim(m): 8:53pm On Jan 28, 2012
inedi:

If you are angry about it declare how much of impact you have been to you world.

You guys are obviously on some kind of hallucination cause by drugs, lack of sleep or both. I doubt members of the Oyakhilomen family will select Chris as the one that's made the most impact let alone the whole of his Village Ewu.

Remain in this state or open your Bible are gain some knowledge, your choice.
Re: How Many Pastors Get Rich! by OmoPastor(m): 9:11pm On Jan 28, 2012
@ ogajim excuse me sir are you born again at all or you are just one of the pretenders?

(1) (Reply)

My Problem With Karma (2nd Samuel 12 V 9-11). / Understanding The Concept Of Olodumare / Why Did GOD Destroy Sodom And Gomorrah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.