Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? (39340 Views)

Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Lady Without Both Hands And Legs Leading Worship In Church / RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by damoche07(m): 10:48am On Aug 28, 2007
Why Do Most Pastors Have Rings On Their Right Hand?

I watched a lot of local TV this weekend and 'naturally' there were a lot of pastors on air. What intrigued me was that most of them had at least a ring on both hands.

One a wedding ring (considering the position), but what the other ring on the right hand means is what I don't understand. I saw it on Bishop Oyedepo, Olubiyo of TCC Ikeja, Pastor Bakare.

Ever noticed it? Is it a fad or sign of 'anointing'? Anyone out there with answer(s)?'
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by zukkie4eva(f): 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2007
What does it matter to you oga Damoche??
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by otuonye(m): 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2007
I don't know for them ooo. In fact, whenever I attend a program and see a pastor with such rings, I usually get afraid. You know, this is Africa - anything can happen! shocked

However, my pastor does not wear those rings - he only wears a wedding ring. So, if you re scared of your pastor 'cos of his suspicious ring, why don't you try my pastor. He's a clean guy.

grin[b]Joshua Otuonye[/b]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by efuah(f): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2007
i don't think i have the exact answers dear, but am scared of such pastors.
the two rings gives me the perception that he might me an occult or recives
powers from somewhere (not God)
if u r to have the opportunity to question them, they might tell u it's fashion or sort of.
but why on earth should one choose such scary looking rings for fashion undecided
with the symbols of animals n others lipsrsealed

wht did i say? grin
am gone!
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by lovelyS(m): 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2007
Ordination rings for bishops wink wink
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2007
Spiritual rings. grin
Let the attendee beware!!
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by dj4wealth: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2007
I notice this sad fad starting from the west.
I think we need to ask our pastor this question, and bring the answer to NairaLand for SCREENING to know if they are genuie.

Anyway i think our pastor want to step up, be in vogue copy those in the western world.
Ironically this leaders in the western world is having problems in their domain now.

Ted Haggard begging his churh members for scholl fees now.

Bishop Weeks II his wife outside the Hotel building stomping and kicking her on the floor only to be separated by an ordinary hotel attendant.

Fire is going done.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2007
the world is cuming to an end my fifle, wahalai!
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by dj4wealth: 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2007
Sooon pastor will be having Dread Locks & Weaving / attachment on their head.

Where is the message?

I think the Church should live up to her responsible!!!
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Banderas(m): 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2007
May I ask, what is wrong with these rings and weaves and locks?
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by osilama(m): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2007
Rings on the fingers of pastors define their specific level of dignity. Some are during consecration of bishops, other symbolising that they have Doctorate Degrees in Divinity, and sad enough other just to show off, and that's true. Beware who you follow
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by dj4wealth: 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2007
Many.

As a Leader you lay a good examples.

The Church & their leaders are sleeping that's why the goverment is coming to rescue us from the shabby dressing of its citizen when the church could not find her voice again.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Backslider(m): 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2007
The same reason they put the rings in their eyes nose and other part of their inner and outer body.

some of them are truely ignorant. But RINGS AND AMULETS ARE OCCULTIC EMBLEMS
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2007
;d
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Banderas(m): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2007
are you guys at all serious? What does dressing have to do with christianity? What does the state of your soul and spirit have to do with the clothing on your body (or rings or hairdo)?

My guy, face the important things about yourself, and stop complaining about how other people decide to apparel themselves. I bet you, if Elijah, Samson or John the baptist had woolly african hair, they would have been dreadlocked.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by spora(m): 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2007
'cos they are married to two 'wives': Their wives and Jesus shocked
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by osereka(m): 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2007
[s]hnmm, if I talk wetin de my mind dem go crusify me[/s]
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by stont101(m): 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2007
weather he got the ring from God or from any where all i know is that ONE gose to church to prasie and worship God not to see the fulth in other poeple.
so pls God knows more than we do, let him juge the man
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Brodericks: 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2007
A member of the house just said that our soul & christianity has nothing in common with the way we dress. Its not true. Our mode of dressing has alot to say about the kind of person that we are. True christians are not supposed to copy worldly fads because the BIBLE warns against copying those indicent wordly things because this world is trully lying in the power of the wicked one Satan the Devil who is looking for those to devour or to lead atray.

Some of these commercial or TV pastors do alot of things that are morally wrong, so we should not take side with them when they go wrong because on judgement day, its going to be an individual race, God doesn't accept any one because he is pastor or not but based on your deed while on earth.

Let all of us continue to do what is right in the sight of God (afterall we all know what is right). Our Bible tells us that our dressing should be decent atall times, our speech, attitude and relationship with others should also be clean.

Please, lets continue to behave like children of God devoid of emulating any ugly behaviour or indicent dressing so that we can make our Heavenly Father Jehovah glad .

Brodericks
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by tglaz(m): 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2007
funny enuf,i neva observed.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by omena555(f): 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2007
dj4wealth:

Bishop Weeks II his wife outside the Hotel building stomping and kicking her on the floor only to be separated by an ordinary hotel attendant.

Fire is going done.

@dj4wealth , pls where did u get this new from? im interested in the details oh. grin by the way, is bishop weeks no the husband of juanita bynum? i beg make u reply oh!
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by bikokwe(m): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2007
"by their fruits u shall know them."thus far their fruits has been good.do u know how many lifes those people have transformed?how many people have known christ thru them? To mention but a few.What has ring got to do with ones anointin?absolutely nothing.its based on ones convictions.if u think is ok,follow on the contrary then dont follow.The bible is our standard and not man.if u wanna know whether its right or wrong have a continuous fellowship with God and he will tell u what part to follow.Perfection in our sight is not same with God.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by didisky(m): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2007
I must add my voice to this.I have asked this same questions over and again.Abeg we need an answer o
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Banderas(m): 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2007
Brodericks, if what you're saying is true, then all christians should still be wearing robes the way they were worn back in the time of Jesus. Why then do you go around in trousers and stuff?

Man, when the bible talks about being conformed, I assure you it has little to do with things like outward appearance. Unfortunately some christians refuse to use the wisdom that has been given them by God, instead expecting to be instructed in avery little step. God gave you a brain, use it!!!

We are advised (ADVISED!) to be moderate, it's not a rule.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by TV01(m): 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2007
It's one of the ways they demonstrate their love of worldy things. Including it's goods and acclaim.

And for those who say that Christianity is not about outward appearance, you are correct. But Christianity will affect your outward appearance.

God bless
TV
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Backslider(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2007
The answer to the Bynum Weeks Question

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7051983218257911016&q=false+prophets+bynum+weeks&total=15&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

You should not be excited about this but be sad because of the souls of many that will be turned away. some hearts will be strengthened too for the lord.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by terzungwe(m): 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2007
are you guys at all serious? What does dressing have to do with christianity? What does the state of your soul and spirit have to do with the clothing on your body (or rings or hairdo)?

-the bible advices moderation, when you overdo it, you no longer look like the child of the one you claim to be following. You will be the spiritual version of Michael Jackson; started off black boy, now white woman, neither here nor there.

if you are not comfortable about a pastor, please do not speak evil against him, just leave, run for your soul. No matter how he has fallen, God's anointing is there, and you may suffer for insulting him. Remember how David avoided killing Saul, and how Miriam got leprosy when she AND AARON rebeled against Moses. Aaron was spared, probably because he was an anointed priest, so he wasnt afflicted.

the ways of God are a mystery, and your soul is precious, guard it jealously my people. the tricks of the devil are plenty.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by desgiezd(m): 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2007
I thank God for my church and for its pastors, all forms of jewellry including wedding rings are not allowed as all are demonic.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Gamba(f): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2007
judge ye not!
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by fuzek: 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2007
Two rings are mostly worn by Bishops (1wedding ring and d other is d Bishop's ring), it has nothing to do with powers or wateva. It just symbolizes their position/ call in the body of Christ.

Pls their better things that one can do wit time than 4 u to observe irrelevant things. Now u know dis, just drop it and ''work out ur own salvation with fear and with trembling''

BTW even if its just for fashion, what stops them from wearing rings, chains and all. Afterall, d streets of heaven is made of gold. Those of u that talked about hair (jerrycurls etc), did u ever take ur time to look at new born babies? They came out wit wat? Pls God himself is a hair stylist and he loves u clean, as long as wateva u do brings him glory tongue
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by fuzek: 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2007
desgiezd:

I thank God for my church and for its pastors, all forms of jewellry including wedding rings are not allowed as all are demonic.

shocked shocked Its demonic myfriend, searchout scriptures by urself and stop spreading wat ur pastor thinks wink Human beings never cease to amaze me. Since when did jewelries become demonic Na wa undecided
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by dpumping: 4:56pm On Aug 28, 2007
fuzek,

don't u know the person is obviously a deeper live member. no offence to the deeper lifers on this forum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua’s Isreal Visit Described As Huge Success / Gospel On Wheels: Beautiful Keke Napep Used For Preaching / Prophet T.B. Joshua As A Parable For MMM – By Abimbola Adelakun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.