Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Yearly Nairaland Get Together - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yearly Nairaland Get Together (1998 Views)

Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. / $41 Billion Stolen From Nigeria Yearly! — Africanunion, AU Report / Nigeria Loses $7B To Oil Bunkering Yearly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yearly Nairaland Get Together by FXKing2012(m): 9:56pm On Jan 27, 2012
I would like to suggest a get-together for Nairalanders. Personally I think it would be great to meet such Nairaland veterans as Beaf, odeaero, etc etc.

We could move it around on a yearly basis. What I mean is, say, this year we meet in Nigeria then next year we meet in the U.S. and the year after that in Malaysia, etc depending on the number of Nairalanders in the country. We may even put it to vote to know where to meet.

This would be a great opportunity to build our network, and perhaps even forming a political/ideological movement able to force changes in Nigeria given the sheer number of Nairalanders.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by DrummaBoy(m): 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2012
I second this Idea. It's come to my mind before.
Hello Seun, Jarus, let's see how this flies. Have you tried it before?
One thing is sure NL is a social forum where young minds are rubbing together, and whether we like it or not, our opinions here are beginning to help shape national policies.
Maybe when we see each other face to face, the insults will reduce on threads.
And also including the threats to lives.
lol!
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by FXKing2012(m): 11:10pm On Jan 27, 2012
Seun you need to put this on front page let's hear what Nairalanders have to say, it may be the beginning of a new movement.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by Yeske2(m): 11:12pm On Jan 27, 2012
Hmmmm!! ?! ! !
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by DrummaBoy(m): 11:21pm On Jan 27, 2012
People I would like to meet if such meeting ever takes place
GenBuhari
Gbawe
Desola
Beaf
Rhino,
Demdem
Jarus
Seun
LagosBoy
OAM4J(what does that name mean?)
papabrowne
nku5
mukina
and many more. Especially all the young men and women who campaigned vigorously and argued passionately for Buhari.

Peace!
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by FXKing2012(m): 11:48pm On Jan 27, 2012
DrummaBoy:

People I would like to meet if such meeting ever takes place
GenBuhari
Gbawe
Desola
Beaf
Rhino,
Demdem
Jarus
Seun
LagosBoy
OAM4J(what does that name mean?)
papabrowne
nku5
mukina
and many more. Especially all the young men and women who campaigned vigorously and argued passionately for Buhari.

Peace!

Waoooo, it would really be a great experience!
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by afams(m): 11:56pm On Jan 27, 2012
¡ love d ¡dea
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by FXKing2012(m): 12:32am On Jan 28, 2012
afams:

¡ love d ¡dea

Then let's push for it and make sure it happens
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by BigB11(m): 1:23am On Jan 28, 2012
Not a bad idea if you have time, but 1 Condition: You must not identify yourself as your forum nickname.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by otokx(m): 1:36am On Jan 28, 2012
The meeting should be in Lagos which has the highest number of registered and active users.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by denzel2009: 3:33am On Jan 28, 2012
FXKing2012:

I would like to suggest a get-together for Nairalanders. Personally I think it would be great to meet such Nairaland veterans as Beaf, odeaero, etc etc.

We could move it around on a yearly basis. What I mean is, say, this year we meet in Nigeria then next year we meet in the U.S. and the year after that in Malaysia, etc depending on the number of Nairalanders in the country. We may even put it to vote to know where to meet.

This would be a great opportunity to build our network, and perhaps even forming a political/ideological movement able to force changes in Nigeria given the sheer number of Nairalanders.

vete what?
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by Nobody: 3:43am On Jan 28, 2012
God forbid!!!

Who knows who is boko haram amongst ya lipsrsealed

PS: Y'all should have this in developed locations in Naija, excluding Lagos. Like Abuja or PH.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by nanidee(f): 4:07am On Jan 28, 2012
I pity some people that would venture to attend such a meeting.

[s]if u know that your name was mentioned up there, you had better be MIA on that day[/s]

Note: before thinking of going, get yourself prepared, something will anything can happen, espcially everyone that has spoken against boko haram (a surprise will surely await you). Incase u have forgotten that there are boko haramists on this forum.  tongue

Secondly, expect the sss and some trigger happy police men. Gej go catch all of una wey dey run your mouths anyhow for this forum.  grin grin

Finally, if you are outside Nigeria, you may wish to carry on. But for all of you in Nigeria, your last names will turn to OYO (on your own)  tongue
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by BlackPikiN(m): 4:09am On Jan 28, 2012
Na who una wan kill? lol.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by nanidee(f): 4:10am On Jan 28, 2012
^^^ muhehehe grin grin grin
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by BlackPikiN(m): 4:14am On Jan 28, 2012
^^^You can see beaf's name on the list against his arch-enemies on NL? lol.
Your plan no go work OP.
Beaf's presence on NL gives a balance view in politics section.
Beaf na Ochi agha 1 of NL.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by nanidee(f): 4:38am On Jan 28, 2012
^ exactly. . . with all the consistent threats i see.

Anyway, the hunted may become the hunter. grin

So all 'attendees' should 'shine their eyes'. A post or two is enough for the wise.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by jamace(m): 7:08am On Jan 28, 2012
Let the plan remain in the pipeline for now. Present time is not favourable for that because of the anti-govt stance by most posters in the Forum. If I may say, this forum is a social enligthenment,motivator and daring force for those who want change in Nigeria in particular. Therefore, govt security agencies are on the hunt for some of us here. Don't playdown that fact.

Good idea but time is not in its favour. Thanks.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 28, 2012
Interesting, I wonder what ll happen when COOGAR & DAYOKANU are left all together when dat day comes
Pple I ll love to meet
JARUS
JUSTWISE
BEAF
MUKINA
IDOWUOGBO
DAYOKANU
SEAFAGO
SEADORF247
NAIJAKING
DAVIDLAYN
CHEALSEABMW
FHEMMY
CHAIRCOVER
DELTA007
LEOMAX
TOBA
MCLATUNJI
IICE
ONILA ( the eccentric )
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by FXKing2012(m): 10:49am On Jan 28, 2012
Why are Nigerians always too scared? This is exactly how we got ourselves in the present mess we are in in Nigeria. Nobody is bold enough to talk so the elites take advantage of it to ride on everybody else.
We are talking of forming a movement to move Naija forward but most people think just abusing one another here is the way to go. Abusing and insulting one another in this forum will change nothing, it only shows we are clowns.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 28, 2012
FXKing2012:

Why are Nigerians always too scared? This is exactly how we got ourselves in the present mess we are in in Nigeria. Nobody is bold enough to talk so the elites take advantage of it to ride on everybody else.
We are talking of forming a movement to move Naija forward but most people think just abusing one another here is the way to go. Abusing and insulting one another in this forum will change nothing, it only shows we are clowns.

And this movement would be formed on what basis?

Wait a minute.  .  . you envisage a shindig where secessionists would embrace One-Nigeria apparatchiks; where Abacha apologists are expected to dine with NADECO activists; where dye-in-the-wool tribal warriors would do the two-step shuffle to Dbang's latest ditty alongside Pan-Africanists; where unapologetic political pro#stitutes get to mingle freely with self-proclaimed revolutionaries; where prayer  warriors/prayer SWAT teams trade jokes incessantly with animists from the hinterland, and Nairaland’s noble and ignoble get to lay their differences aside in pursuit of external happiness?

I suppose nothing ventured, nothing gained grin
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by Mobinga: 11:54am On Jan 28, 2012
Fork this useless and imbecilic thread.

Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by DrummaBoy(m): 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

God forbid!!!

Who knows who is boko haram amongst ya lipsrsealed

PS: Y'all should have this in developed locations in Naija, excluding Lagos. Like Abuja or PH.

Now Ileke-idi is someone I would love to meet; I forgot to put you on my list.
A meeting like this will extend the strength and association of NL; we don't have to agree on all issues to meet.

Anyway, what are the moderators saying.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by FXKing2012(m): 1:23pm On Jan 28, 2012
Now I see why there is no hope for the Nigerian state.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:47pm On Jan 28, 2012
Planning a shindig when the house is burning eh? grin
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by dabrake(m): 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2012
ogbeche77:

Interesting, I wonder what ll happen when COOGAR & DAYOKANU are left all together when dat day comes
Pple I ll love to meet
JARUS
JUSTWISE
BEAF
MUKINA
IDOWUOGBO
DAYOKANU
SEAFAGO
SEADORF247
NAIJAKING
DAVIDLAYN
CHEALSEABMW
FHEMMY
CHAIRCOVER
DELTA007
LEOMAX
TOBA
MCLATUNJI
IICE
ONILA ( the L.U.N.A.T.I.C. )
fixed!
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 28, 2012
I hope to be there with my bodyguards  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Imagine the amount of terrorists that will be waiting if my humble self were to attend  grin

[img]http://3.bp..com/_c78M_mekurY/St3KB1CAXqI/AAAAAAAAAng/2CINIH_Lhzs/S660/bodyguards+ex+military+security+close+protection+team.bmp[/img]
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by pcicero(m): 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2012
It'll be a great opportunity to put faces to the chatnames. I have my own list of people I'll love to meet too especially the ladies (eyes rolling). But as someone suggested, it might be a plan to ambush some perceived anti-government Nairalanders. I also support the idea that it should take place in Lagos. I will hire OPC as private guards, so no shaking, your security is guaranteed.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by Njgirl1: 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2012
nlanders meeting? Poster have u really read the posts on this section and seen all d venom and tribalism in them. Now u want this same people to meet offline? Personally i would not advice that especially not for politics section members who spew a lot of hate online.
I used to think there would be a time when ethnicity would exit 9ja but with all the ethnic hating i ve seen on nl politics section, i ve woken up from my daydream, but i still wont relent in my peace keeping efforts cos i personally belive that our geographical proximity means our forefathers were related. We nigerians are all brothers and sisters fucccck ethnicity.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by pcicero(m): 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2012
@NJ girl
I am already anticipating the contest among 'ethnic champions' on this politics section.
Would it not be nice to see Nchara square up against Alj-harem?
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by DrummaBoy(m): 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2012
Nj girl:

nlanders meeting? Poster have u really read the posts on this section and seen all d venom and tribalism in them. Now u want this same people to meet offline? Personally i would not advice that especially not for politics section members who spew a lot of hate online.
I used to think there would be a time when ethnicity would exit 9ja but with all the ethnic hating i ve seen on nl politics section, i ve woken up from my daydream, but i still wont relent in my peace keeping efforts cos i personally belive that our geographical proximity means our forefathers were related. We nigerians are all brothers and sisters fucccck ethnicity.

I still support the meeting, offline of course. I believe it will be a catalyst to reducing the hate. The reason people feel free to talk trash here is bc of the anonymity this forum provides. If people have to write with their real names or some other kind of ID, they will be sure someone who knows  them will read what they wrote and they will be curtailed. I mean that is the reason we don't have trash written all over facebook (that much). This meeting will give face to the anonymous names and everyone will wake up. And then we can begin to find a platform to agree on; since it is the progress of Nigeria that is a common denominator in all of us.
However, I am sure those who are not interested in peace and will still want to continue their mischief will not come. And I am certain they will not be missed.
Re: Yearly Nairaland Get Together by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 28, 2012
Mobinga:

Fork this useless and imbecilic thread.

grin grin

yeah 4ck it too.

coz my magnum will be fully loaded and clean to blast beaf's brains out

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram:ibb,buhari & Others Behind Its Activities:question: Who Are You And W / Picture Of Nigeria Soldier Drilling Policeman In Borno / Ethiopian Airlines Inaugural Flight To Enugu: Return Trip Fully Booked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.