Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:18 AM

Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, (2125 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / North Should Start Grooming Jonathan’s Successor In 2019 – Ahmadu Ali / North Should Pull Out Of Nigeria Take Its Destiny Into Its Hands-alhaji Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by PointB: 9:58pm On Jan 28, 2012
Citizens, Nairalanders, fellow country men and women, hearken!

Lend me you ears (or eyes) in the beautiful era of absurdity! An era where the first president from the marginalized region of the Niger delta is threaten with all sort of thing for winning the mandate of the people! An era where supposed intellectual prod the president to dialogue with terrorists! An era where same despicable terrorists not only refuse dialogue but threaten the president with death unless he convert to Islam! We are in era where the central bank governor removed the garb of decorum to run salt on the sore and open wound of our brethren from Niger Delta, telling them point blank (no pun intended) that the extra meagre 13% derivative which can barely compensate for damage and degradation of their ecosystems is responsible for the murderous rage spreading from the abode of the oil beneficiary! What and era!

My people in the spirit of the era and in name of absurdity, permit me to propose a solution to our problem!

All Core Northerners should abandon Islam and convert to Christianity, and embrace western education to save Nigeria! Yes, there is logic in my absurdity!
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by jmaine: 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2012
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by aurenflani: 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2012
@ POINTB - GO SWIM INSIDE D LAKE OF CRUDE OIL IN D NIGER DELTA SLUM. YOU WANT US TO ABANDONED THE TRUTH (ONE GOD) TO STRAY INTO FOLLOWING A THREE IN ONE gods! STUUPIID IDOLATOR.
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by aljharem(m): 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2012
aurenflani:

@ POINTB - GO SWIM INSIDE D LAKE OF CRUDE OIL IN D NIGER DELTA SLUM. YOU WANT US TO ABANDONED THE TRUTH (ONE GOD) TO STRAY INTO FOLLOWING A THREE IN ONE gods! STUUPIID IDOLATOR.

I wonder why you are talking a bigot serious. I really hoped people would ignore this thread

The dude is drunk tonight. typical
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by PointB: 10:06pm On Jan 28, 2012
I have told you the simply but inspired solution to the north problem. Islam has not helped you. Time to try something new. Maybe you could try Judaism!
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by ak47mann(m): 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2012
ehehehehehehe you no that will not be possible,they rather go their own way than changing their religion cool
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by PointB: 10:16pm On Jan 28, 2012
Ak47man, why won't what is good for them be possible? Do you see poor Christians in the south commiting suicide bombing? Something is very wrong with the system in the north. For the absence of other evidence, I think the problem is misunderstanding, misappplication, and mismanagement of religious information. But since this sort or problem is not pronounced in the south, I am passing the southern success secret to them freely! Be your brother keeper!

A Christian North is a terrorist free North!
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by Acidosis(m): 10:23pm On Jan 28, 2012
PointB:

Ak47man, why won't what is good for them be possible? Do you see poor Christians in the south commiting suicide bombing? Something is very wrong with the system in the north. For the absence of other evidence, I think the problem is misunderstanding, misappplication, and mismanagement of religious information. But since this sort or problem is not pronounced in the south, I am passing the southern success secret to them freely! Be your brother keeper!

* *falls from a stair case * *

bu-hahahahehehehehehehe
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by ak47mann(m): 11:20pm On Jan 28, 2012
PointB:

True talk,as i said b4 that northern youths should face their elites and evil imams that preach hate to volunable kids and unfortunately those kids,most of them have innocent blood in their hands,you see the same way Charles tailor use child soldiers to commite his atrocities in Serra Leon the same things apply to religious leaders and elites in northern Nigeria,is all about their selfish gains that's all,and i wonder why FG allows such people to still move around in the society undecided i thought that Nigeria is a circular States? sharia law allowing it in Nigeria was a big mistake,but who are you to talk?as long as the same rules were not apply in eastern region is not a problem, cus northern leaders can do anything they want and it justified coolit doesn't make any constitutional sense at all.

They have tried many times to islamized Nigeria, through portraying Nigeria as an Islamic country it  didn't work,while the southern part that have the resources are 98% Christians imagine if oil was in northern Nigeria,they will not even bother with us by now Arewa republic will be a country with full Arabian/Islamic cultures, boko haram will be fighting a different fight,they will use boko haram to break away from the union cool cool
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2012
Let us put things into perspective here.

Religion should never be compulsory, otherwise it becomes tyranny and not religion.

God wishes above all things that ALL MEN will be saved, but people have every right to refuse, reject and decline this offer.

In concept though , it sounds almost utopian and in that context will be a good recipe for the current violence, bloodshed , ignorance and gross intolerance for people of other faiths. !!!

Suffice me to say that RELIGION is not compulsory, we will always have those who find violent religious texts more attractive that the peaceful.
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 28, 2012
aurenflani:

I just noticed some BOKO Haram come out of you , if I am not mistaken undecided

Anyways , don't mind the OP, we leave you to worship your 'peaceful' god.
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 28, 2012
The op probably smokes marijuana, if you are under the influence of drugs thats when you can talk senselessly like this dude. You know the solution, remove the incompetent Jonathan. you dont want to agree now just look at the nonsense you are typing.
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by ak47mann(m): 11:40pm On Jan 28, 2012
diluminati:

The op probably smokes marijuana, if you are under the influence of drugs thats when you can talk senselessly like this dude. You know the solution, remove the incompetent Jonathan. you dont want to agree now just look at the nonsense you are typing.
so tell us who will replace Jonathan?removing Jonathan will make the matter worst cool
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by ektbear: 11:45pm On Jan 28, 2012
Heh. The Holy Trinity stuff I must admit seemed pretty weird (and complicated) to me too.

I can see why some might be uncomfortable with it grin

Anyway, I don't think this is a good idea. . . live and let live.

Isn't by force to be Christian, or even believe in God period.
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by PointB: 12:04am On Jan 29, 2012
@Ekt_bear,
Not forcing anyone to convert to Christianity. Just felt that Christians generally are less prone to suicide bombing and terrorism compared to Muslims. And if this is the case, shouldn't we prescribe it as solution to some of our national problem? Just some thought in the spirit of absurdity!
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by auwal87(m): 12:10am On Jan 29, 2012
Indeed, we have seen how peaceful the northern Christians are, stupid crap.
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by Onlytruth(m): 12:11am On Jan 29, 2012
Well, since a terrorist group has the audacity to call for conversion of our president to Islam, and total Islamization of Nigeria, this is not a bad suggestion at all. Knowing the type of Muslims we have in core North though, a camel would have to pass through the eye of the needle before that happens. What we have in core North is a brand of Islam that claims superiority over other religions. To them, power belongs to "Allah" who BTW is their own god. In other words, if you don't worship their god, you cannot be allowed access to leadership (political helms position). So, it is really  politics, not religion. That is why we are having problems with this brand of Islam. Please note that there are other brands which believe in live and let live; just not in core North.

My suggestion is that Christians in Nigeria should "upgrade" to the purest form of JUDEO-CHRISTIANITY; the brand of Christianity that believes in preemptive attack as a form of defense. I shared the experience of typical Christians in northern Nigeria with a white colleague here last week. I narrated how Christians get attacked by Muslims for things as distant as a cartoon in Denmark and other foreign events. I told the guy that this attack happens without clear local provocations, and lead to hundreds of deaths each time. Well, the guy told me pointblank that if he were in the shoes of those Christians, he would not wait for the next attack. He would simply launch an attack on these people and continue fighting them forever until they promise to either be peaceful country men or secede.
That is a typical Judeo-Christian; and that is why they are feared and more secure on earth than our type of Christians in Nigeria.

I am a Judeo-Christian!  cool cool cool
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by ektbear: 12:15am On Jan 29, 2012
PointB:

@Ekt_bear,
Not forcing anyone to convert to Christianity. Just felt that Christians generally are less prone to suicide bombing and terrorism compared to Muslims. And if this is the case, shouldn't we prescribe it as solution to some of our national problem? Just some thought in the spirit of absurdity!

I do think that Christianity as a religion and culture is overall far superior to Islam. Less fanaticism, more compatible with education, industrialization, modernization, progress for women, etc. All that good stuff.

At the same time, this is kind of a ridiculous solution. Nobody wants to give up his religion, any more than he'd like to give up his language, culture, etc.

Besides, I don't think Nigeria breaking up is the worst thing in the world.
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by Onlytruth(m): 12:19am On Jan 29, 2012
And I also believe that it is only after we have upgraded to Judeo-Christianity, would the Muslims in our midst loose their militant proclivity, and see that they would never be allowed to use their religion to lord it over us. Only then can they really consider converting. cool
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by PointB: 12:26am On Jan 29, 2012
^^^^
Indeed no one want to give up his religion, culture etc but would rather the other fellow give up his aspiration, way of life, etc just to blend in.

This country is perhaps to diversed and too disunited. We are not driven by same spirit or national philosophy. It is time we have a least one common denominator split the darn it. And based on my believe that majority share your sentiment and mine on Christianity as a more amenable religion, I think having it as a national common denominator will solve some of our developmental problem.
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by ektbear: 12:30am On Jan 29, 2012
Why not just split the country? Let them keep and enjoy their religion and practice it any way they desire.
`
4 wives, almajiri school, Islam as the law of the land, Sharia law, stoning people to death for adultery, whatever else, fine by me.

I don't have a problem with this, so long as I am not negatively affected by it.

What does the Bible sef say. . . "do not be unequally yoked."

So you can try to create a fake national common denominator that is antithetical to the culture of some, or simply decide to shake hands and part ways. I don't see why the latter is so unpalatable to you.
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by PointB: 12:35am On Jan 29, 2012
@onlytruth,
I do agree that we practice the most moderate form of Christianity in Nigeria which has given the country the kind of secularity which itself promote peaceful co-existence and tolerance in the south.

this brand of Christianity which also promote open mindedness and innovative ideas is what I believe will move the core north closer to any semblance of utopia! Frankly speaking, Islam has let Core North down. A religion which adherents frown at the time tested and trusted 'western education' is to me anachronistic. Its time the think of adopting a more 'user friendly' religion.

I learnt Buddhism is not a bad one too. Perhaps, it might serve them better! Just my opinion.
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by PointB: 12:39am On Jan 29, 2012
@ekt_bear
Splitting the darn country is my first choice! Adopting Christianity is a second option if we must 'be equally yoke!'
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 29, 2012
I am not sure where this strange concept of Judeo-Christianity emanated from, there is no such thing.

It's either Christianity or NOT !!
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by Onlytruth(m): 12:41am On Jan 29, 2012
PointB:

@onlytruth,
I do agree that we practice the most moderate form of Christianity in Nigeria which has given the country the kind of secularity which itself promote peaceful co-existence and tolerance in the south.

this brand of Christianity which also promote open mindedness and innovative ideas is what I believe will move the core north closer to any semblance of utopia! Frankly speaking, Islam has let Core North down. A religion which adherents frown at the time tested and trusted 'western education' is to me anachronistic. Its time the think of adopting a more 'user friendly' religion.

I learnt Buddhism is not a bad one too. Perhaps, it might serve them better! Just my opinion.

But bros you forget the MAIN POINT of why they chose this type of Islam in the first place, namely to rule others. Would moderate Christianity do that for them? No. Would Buddhism do that for them? No of course. Anything that moderates their militancy in quest for power would be rejected by them. They see us as "weak" because of our brand of Christianity.
That is why they choose to attack us at any slightest provocation, even distant ones.
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by Onlytruth(m): 12:45am On Jan 29, 2012
frosbel:

I am not sure where this strange concept of Judeo-Christianity emanated from, there is no such thing.

It's either Christianity or NOT !!

I know there is (on the world religious records) nothing like "Judeo-Christianity", yet, a Christian in Nigeria believes in turning the other cheek if attacked, while a Christian in US believes in preemptive attack to safeguard himself. Both are Christians, but clearly don't practice the same thing as far of survival is concerned. I prefer the US brand of Christianity. cool
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by ektbear: 12:46am On Jan 29, 2012
To me, religion is a tool. If it makes your people strong and prosperous, you keep it.

If it fails your people, then you look for something new.

My ancestor in 1907ish abandoned his traditional religion because it didn't serve him as well as Christianity did.

PointB shouldn't really have to be the one telling them to think hard about whether their culture and religion has served them well.

How can you rule a country for 40+ years and at the end of the process be far poorer than those you ruled? In fact only 1/2 as wealthy, far less educated, higher mortality rates, etc?

Clearly something is wrong.

Now obviously I should not blame Islam alone for it.

But they need to ask themselves (honestly), "has our culture and religion served us well over the past few years?"
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by Onlytruth(m): 12:51am On Jan 29, 2012
ekt_bear:

To me, religion is a tool. If it makes your people strong and prosperous, you keep it.

If it fails your people, then you look for something new.

My ancestor in 1907ish abandoned his traditional religion because it didn't serve him as well as Christianity did.

Spot on. I believe the same thing too. cool

@PointB, I also believe in splitting Nigeria as a first choice.
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by PointB: 1:15am On Jan 29, 2012
I didn't intend to blame Islam for the systemic and abysmal failure that is the core north. But I have looked far and hard and can't seem to lay my hand on anything else but Islam and indeed their culture!

lets compare note. 40 years after the civil war, SE/SS competes favourable and indeed better in some HDI with SW, despite the very glaring disadvantaged take off position of the former after the war! What happened to the NE and NW? What stopped them from making progress? The war ravaged region of the core south? Or the fun loving, easy going SW?

Even today the NC in forging new identity which is drawing further and further away from Islam is making steady progress! But our sharia and militant brothers from core north are still grappling with basic disease like polio? They are still struggling to understand simply logic like going to 'school' to prepare for the future in a fast moving and dynamics world? They are happy roaming they whole of Africa with herds of cow, cloak and dagger! In 21st century! Something they should have abandoned after replacing the groundnut pyramids with silos!

Indeed ekt_bear, they don't need PointB nor do they need a soothsayer to tell them that if changing of orientation can help the middlebelt, they are not irredeemable!

BUT core North must evolve and adapt or 'die!' The theory of evolution they detest, has come back to hunt them. I would gladly join in singing the dirge when another dinosaur go into willful and self inflicted extinction! Nature must take it course!
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by PointB: 6:15pm On Jan 29, 2012
@OnlyTruth
That's the spirit. Splitting this aberration should be the first choice. All things considered!
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by paragonpro: 6:54pm On Jan 29, 2012
Nigeria's brand of Christianity is unique, I term it Materialistic Christianity, you worth is measured by your material acquisitions and how much sowing and offerings you can give your church. It cares nothing about the oppressions and corruptions of the society by its governing elite. So the country begins to deteriorate morally, socially and economically.

It is not that the Muslims religion in the north is immune to this Materialism, it is just that you have a small band of radical Muslims who ride on the disgust of the moral rot of their spiritual and political leaders by the general population to further their political and fundamentalist agenda. You will find out that most radical Islamic organizations like those in north Africa and even middle east are popular because they purport to be fighting corruption and oppression. Most times these organizations provide basic food, shelter and Medicare for their people, while the those in government live expensive lifestyles. This is why terrorist Islamic organizations are able to blend in their societies.

To me the Nigerian brand of Christianity is a recipe for oppression by the leaders and thus a recipe for social disorder.
Re: Core North Should Convert To Christianity To Save Nigeria, by 9jaIhail(m): 6:57pm On Jan 29, 2012
Nwannem pointb it been long i hope you are kool.

@topic. brother you have offered a better solution to them he that has ears let him hear,God is ur witness.

there an igbo adage which says my friend i told you earlier before it happened is better than to say my friend i would have told you earlier before it happen

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can A State Governor Look Like This / Abuja Young Ladies Now Turn Drivers, Power-bikers, Ushers And Bouncers (Photos) / Osun 2014 Aregboshola urges Supporters To Violate Electoral Laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.