Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode (18775 Views)

Fani-kayode Writes Open Letter To Buhari On The War Against Boko Haram / List Of NIGERIANS That Will Eventually Leave The Country If Buhari Wins / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 29, 2012
Fani kayode? Nigeria is indeed a funny country. The article is one piece of bullshit from a deluded mind.
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by badaru1(m): 9:22am On Jan 29, 2012
Why is anyone no longer in govt always calling for the break up of the country?  We are wiser now,will the  fani  write this 5 years ago. So the loot is drying up frustraion is setting in. People like fani kayode,elrufai and co were beneficiaries of pdp mis rule of the country. Their era is worse than millitary for me. For 8 years they could not put one refinary in order. Why on earth wouldnt  some people  say boko is haram,when with all the first classes and phd holders in govt we still can not get it right. Even if the country break up will it solve the problem? Look around you those who are plundering the country are evenly distributed. The iboris,alamasia,ibb,turaki,atiku,obasonjo,david mark,tinubu,andi uba,uzo kalu etc. They christians,muslims,northerners,southerner,hausa,yoruba,ibo,minrities etc. The  recent up rising in the country was not jonathan's problem,he inheritted them from obasonjo. For me also there is no political party yet in nigeria. All what we have now are agents of looting the treasury. At the top pdp,ac,anpp are the same,the party is just like a bridge,when crossed it can burst up.
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by OneNaira6: 9:27am On Jan 29, 2012
What a great write up. This author just joined the few Nigerian authors I respect grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by citizenisb: 9:32am On Jan 29, 2012
adding that the group has popular support in the north.

“Poor people are tired of the injustice, people are crying for saviours and they know the messiahs are Boko Haram.

“People were singing songs in [northern cities] Kano and Kaduna saying: ‘We want Boko Haram’,” Qaqa said, describing how the group can blend into the communities in which it operates.

Boko Haram vows to fight until Nigeria establishes sharia law | World news | The Guardian

If [security forces] are going to places of worship and destroying them, like mosques and Quranic schools, you have primary schools as well, you have secondary schools and universities, and we will start bombing them."

Qaqa said Shekau and others had travelled to Saudi Arabia for training and funding. "Al-Qaida are our elder brothers. During the lesser Hajj [last August], our leader travelled to Saudi Arabia and met al-Qaida there. We enjoy financial and technical support from them. Anything we want from them we ask them."

A recent UN report said weapons from Libya may have been smuggled to Boko Haram and al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb via Chad, Niger and Nigeria.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/27/boko-haram-nigeria-sharia-law?INTCMP=SRCH

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/front-page-articles/6254-boko-haram-confirms-al-qaeda-link-as-cameroun-stations-soldiers-at-nigerias-borders
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by tunnytox(m): 9:53am On Jan 29, 2012
nakedall:

The issue is not the large entity, it is simple lack of ideology and corruption to move this country forward. just ask yourself this simple question - is there any Black own country in this world as of today that you can equate to even Greece in term of infrastructures? the answer is simple NO. so even if we break with our mentality in 100 years term we will not see that development. we all hate ourselves. The amount of money ND states have received in the last 10 years is good enough to build houses and distribute for everyone free over there but the hatred that persisted in us will not allows us to that.

We keep crying we go break, who is going to break it. Yes IBB gained from the war of unity but thousands of soldiers that fought alongside never gain anything.

My father is one of those soldiers that fought but never gain anything from it, he told me, in-case of any war again in this country let them send their children to the war-front but siddon look till the last standing soldiers.    

You beat me to it! 100%
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 29, 2012
Breaking up wouldnt solve and hasnt solve any problem,equitorial guinea.with oil and gas and a small pop with a g.d.p of 15000 dollor people still live on two dollar per day
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 29, 2012
d result of balkanization non of d nations better of serbia,albania etc.in southern sudan a new conflit is raging,in northern ireland catholic vs protestant christan .in dafur muslim arab vs muslim negro
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 29, 2012
Fani kayode has made much money and can choose to live any where in uk if there is crises,who will be d president of southern nigeria,yoruba ,ibo,ijaw,or benin??Lagos will be a dead zone cos other part of broken nigeria will form there port abi?

p

m
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by lilkech(m): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2012
I LIKE SHOOTING GUNS, THROWING BOMBS AND CUTTING PEOPLES THROATS ( on my ps3 )

LET US FIGHT REAL LIFE WAR JORR . . . NIGERIA DON RIPE FINISH

NA TO SPOIL REMAIN

ABI UNA NOR GO FOLLOW ME CARRY GUN GO FIGHT ?

long live my own home state not Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 29, 2012
Too u think odua repulic can afford to employ all this educated yoruba excess manpower or biafra acomodate all d ibo enterprenure.or arewa republic with federal subversion.think deep oil will finish in 35 year
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by babaowo: 10:38am On Jan 29, 2012
hmmm when time comes we shall see.
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 29, 2012
Lagos will become a sleeply,fishy town cos d repulic of nijia made lagos unjustfully d commercial nerve centre so no nijia lagos is dead with no land resources,what we shall see and odua repulic with phd holders as taxi driver ,check south korean and u understand better
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Beaf: 11:00am On Jan 29, 2012
nakedall:

The issue is not the large entity, it is simple lack of ideology and corruption to move this country forward. just ask yourself this simple question - is there any Black own country in this world as of today that you can equate to even Greece in term of infrastructures? the answer is simple NO. so even if we break with our mentality in 100 years term we will not see that development. we all hate ourselves. The amount of money ND states have received in the last 10 years is good enough to build houses and distribute for everyone free over there but the hatred that persisted in us will not allows us to that.

We keep crying we go break, who is going to break it. Yes IBB gained from the war of unity but thousands of soldiers that fought alongside never gain anything.

My father is one of those soldiers that fought but never gain anything from it, he told me, in-case of any war again in this country let them send their children to the war-front but siddon look till the last standing soldiers.

As for the bolded, Trinidad and Tobago is a high income country and so are several of the Caribbean Islands. The rest of your post is just more of the same low down crap.
Stop spreading ignorance and lies.
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Enice(m): 11:08am On Jan 29, 2012
This monkey called FFK can rant all he want, Nigeria will never break up. Maybe in his silly mind, Nigeria is made up of 3 nations. He does not know that Nigeria is more complex than that. Nigeria is made up of more than 250 nations not 3. So, this monkey should think very well before agitating for a break up. Bad belle.
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Rhino5dm: 11:19am On Jan 29, 2012
I like the massage and hate the massanger. This piece is what Nigerians need for proper development. I hate lazy people waiting for monthly handouts from resources they know nothing about. Lets have resource control viz a viz true federalism or a six state solution.

Heck! No more to parasitism cool.
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by PINKBABE: 11:33am On Jan 29, 2012
Pls i nid a guide on how to start a new topic, i v tins dat i ll like us to discuss in d house. A step 2 step guide ll help tnx
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Maximip(m): 11:38am On Jan 29, 2012
nakedall:

OMG!!! Every word on point.
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by DaLover(m): 11:51am On Jan 29, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

I like the massage and hate the massanger. This piece is what Nigerians need for proper development. I hate lazy people waiting for monthly handouts from resources they know nothing about. Lets have resource control viz a viz true federalism or a six state solution.

Heck! No more to parasitism cool.
this is exactly why i refused to support the occupy nigeria thing, the root of the large scale corruption bedeviling this country can be found in two key areas
1 lack of resource control and
2 Govt runing businesses

take out this two and we have a more managable situation, why burn energy fighting symptoms when u can do the same fighting the root causes
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by monex(m): 11:56am On Jan 29, 2012
coming from Fani kayode. i can only laugh at this article.
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Rhino5dm: 12:11pm On Jan 29, 2012
How can a country of 170 millions be depending on a resources that wont take care of more than 7 million people adequately?? Libya with her 7 million population is producing nearly thesame quantity Nigeria is producing, yet they still face challanges. Ours is a stuupid breed of people that prefer praying than working and waiting for manna from heaven.

If i have my way, i will shut down all the oil wells and see whether Nigeria will burn down. Everey lazy poor soul is waiting for their governor to return from federation account or collect monthly subvention from federation account, before going to market or feeding.

Lets have a serious resource control and true federalism for a start and be working toward the seperation of this mess called Nigeria. Lets make every hand work before eating. No one should be fed without working or adding value to the economy. In all the countries i have visited ranging from Europe, America, Middle east and even some north African countries, only in Nigeria you would see grown up adult waiting to be fed like an animal. How can we progress by allowing politicians to be collecting monthly handouts from Abuja, instead of producing goods and services?

DaLover:

this is exactly why i refused to support the occupy nigeria thing, the root of the large scale corruption bedeviling this country can be found in two key areas
1 lack of resource control and
2 Govt runing businesses

take out this two and we have a more managable situation, why burn energy fighting symptoms when u can do the same fighting the root causes
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Rhino5dm: 12:16pm On Jan 29, 2012
Deal with the massage and forget about the massanger for a second.

monex:

coming from Fani kayode. i can only laugh at this article.
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by DaLover(m): 12:19pm On Jan 29, 2012
@Jason123,
i actually find it offensive that you consider fuel subsidy at a right of every nigerian, where did this right emanate from?
Did the people you own the land under which sits agree that their resources should be dispensed in this manner?
For me, the umber one corruption is the wrongful sezieture and distribution of someone resources without even allowing their participation the process.
This is what we in the 9ja delta have been fighting for a long time, if the SW suddenly get up and say 65 naira is their main problem, does it automatically make it our main problem?
We have fought for resource control on many fronts, and never once were the SW their to be in the forefront of our fight, now you expected us to help chaimpion the 65 naira fight?
Thats not right in any ramification
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by beeke(m): 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2012
Mankind are born hypocrite imagine FFK without shame and lack in dignity will write such an article wot morale rite does he have to do so or was he not once a champion of "keep Nigeria one" while in office as a minister why all of a sunday he now realized dat Nigeria need to look into the ABURI ACCORD or was d accord written in January of 2012, this man lacks shame and integrity little wonder why d likes of OBJ and IBB has over night turned into social/human right activist. will i be surprised if tomorrow IBB or OBJ accuse future govt. for lack of infrastructure or looting of the nation treasury? NO i wont cos hypocrisy is inborn in mankind
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by expert555: 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2012
Gbam you are right S/W are cowards they conspire with the Now hated Hausa/Fulani to scumber a high percentage deraivates under OBJ government.
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Rhino5dm: 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2012
I hope you know the difference between secession and aggressive invasion? No where will any set of people allow you to aggressively invade their homes. Secession is withdrawal from a union and NOT forcefully or aggressively invasion of other regions.

beeke:

Mankind are born hypocrite imagine FFK without shame and lack in dignity will write such an article wot morale rite does he have to do so or was he not once a champion of "keep Nigeria one" while in office as a minister why all of a sunday he now realized dat Nigeria need to look into the ABURI ACCORD or was d accord written in January of 2012, this man lacks shame and integrity little wonder why d likes of OBJ and IBB has over night turned into social/human right activist. will i be surprised if tomorrow IBB or OBJ accuse future govt. for lack of infrastructure or looting of the nation treasury? NO i wont cos hypocrisy is inborn in mankind
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by beeke(m): 1:00pm On Jan 29, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

I hope you know the difference between secession and aggressive invasion? No where will any set of people allow you to aggressively invade their homes. Secession is withdrawal from a union and NOT forcefully or aggressively invasion of other regions.

Pls can you explain to me wot you mean by these words who invaded other regions and homes. Pls explain dat to me
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Tripodent(m): 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2012
Fellow Nairalanders,

What I will say on this subject is that we should be wary of latter-day converts, pretending to be on the side of the people. Femi Fani-Kayode, as OBJ's Aide, used gutter language to abuse all and everyone who suggested to the government then to convene a Sovereign National Conference. And now this same man  has turned around to  recommend what he called some elderly people "mad and senile old men" for.

It must be that he is either becoming senile and old himself, or broke and seeking another means of patronage, or both!

He is in the same club as those he seeks to vilify, so let no Nigerian be fooled about his newfound patriotism.
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 29, 2012
If its not FFK again!
Femi Fani kayode one of the biggest Yoruba nationalists and Odu'a republic advocate pre 1999 but immediately he became a minister under Obj he went pro Nigeria and mute,became very abusive of baba's opponents but I respect him for one thing,he didn't threaten secession when baba was being attacked
FFK seems to flow with the wind and only the uniformed would jump and dance whenever he says anything.
Your Governors,local government chairmen are a bigger problem compared to the non-existent Core north.

May your parents not weep over you for this post. Are our memories that short ?! FFK?! The Abuja Rottweiller of Obasanjo? I don't understand why we seem to idolise people who find their voices when they are not sharing in the pie  
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by mathskill: 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2012
Whenever i wake up and i still find myself in nigeria,still being a nigerian the whole essence of being alive just vanishes cause i know my hopes and dreams of a peacefull and succesful life in this country is almost impossible to achieve.It is only in a cursed country like nigeria that someone like fani kayode and ibb can wake up one morning, make pronouncments and still have thier supporters fighting at each others throats.A fool at fourty is a fool forever.If you cannot see the writing on the wall you will soon hear it on the street.this country is headed for the duldrums.If chekoslovakia,soviet union,the sudan all can disintergrate all in this modern age then nigeria isn't immuned.If their can be mass killings in rwanda and serbia,fighting in congo what stops it happening in nigeria with all the hatred we have for each other.Corruption,oppression,vote stealing and rigging,outright banditry by security services especially the police,extra judicial killings,vices everywhere in the land,homosexuality,lesbianism even cannibalism is even practised checkout okija shrine and the law maker caught bathing with blood.
Yet we expend our energy on tribalism and religiouse bigotry.I for one wont stay in this hell for long,by the grace God.The slightest opportunity i get i'll check out .The war i see on the horizon wont meet me.I better die were people are seriouse than unseriouse.
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by mathskill: 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2012
Tripodent:

Fellow Nairalanders,

What I will say on this subject is that we should be wary of latter-day converts, pretending to be on the side of the people. Femi Fani-Kayode, as OBJ's Aide, used gutter language to abuse all and everyone who suggested to the government then to convene a Sovereign National Conference. And now this same man has turned around to recommend what he called some elderly people "mad and senile old men" for.

It must be that he is either becoming senile and old himself, or broke and seeking another means of patronage, or both!

He is in the same club as those he seeks to vilify, so let no Nigerian be fooled about his newfound patriotism.
Well said
Re: Nigeria Will Eventually Break Written By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 29, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

How can a country of 170 millions be depending on a resources that wont take care of more than 7 million people adequately?? Libya with her 7 million population is producing nearly thesame quantity Nigeria is producing, yet they still face challanges. Ours is a stuupid breed of people that prefer praying than working and waiting for manna from heaven.

If i have my way, i will shut down all the oil wells and see whether Nigeria will burn down. Everey lazy poor soul is waiting for their governor to return from federation account or collect monthly subvention from federation account, before going to market or feeding.

Lets have a serious resource control and true federalism for a start and be working toward the seperation of this mess called Nigeria.
Lets make every hand work before eating. No one should be fed without working or adding value to the economy. In all the countries i have visited ranging from Europe, America, Middle east and even some north African countries, only in Nigeria you would see grown up adult waiting to be fed like an animal. How can we progress by allowing politicians to be collecting monthly handouts from Abuja, instead of producing goods and services?

Once we get resource control and true federalism implemented, the clamour for seccession will die a natural death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Has Paid N325Million To Whistle Blowers - EFCC / Autonomy For State Legislatures, Judiciary: Buhari, Governors Meet In Aso Rock / Enugu Auto Crash: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Commiserates Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.